Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
6600 yr old aquaculture farm in Vic World listed (Read 5876 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

6600 yr old aquaculture farm in Vic World listed
Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:12am

'This is a very special day': How a little-known structure in Victoria achieved world heritage status - and is older than the Egyptian pyramids, the Acropolis and Stonehenge

- 6600-year-old aquaculture farm in Victoria given World Heritage protection

- System of creeks, holding ponds and channels engineered on extinct volcano

- Hundreds of tonnes of basalt blocks used to make dam walls

- Stone foundations found of ancient homes clustered around fish trap site

- Ancient Gunditjmara people channeled the waters to farm kooyang eels

An Aboriginal aquaculture farm that is older than the pyramids, the Acropolis and Stonehenge has been awarded World Heritage Status by the United Nations.

A complex system of weirs, channels and dams at Budj Bim, in southwest Victoria has become the first World Heritage site in Australia to receive the coveted UNESCO protection solely for its Aboriginal cultural importance.

The Gunditjmara people began to engineer the land around Lake Condah, which lies on a long-extinct volcano, about 6600 years ago in order to catch kooyang eels.

The eel farm was given World Heritage Status at a meeting in Baku, Azerbaijan on Saturday.

They established a finely-tuned farming system to catch large eels while ferrying smaller ones into adjoining stone pools through specially designed woven nets.

Water and young eels were brought from the creek to low-lying areas.

It is considered one of the world's oldest freshwater aquaculture systems. 

The sophisticated system supplied the settlement with enough food to sustain them year-round and also to undertake trade.

The site features the remnants of about 300 round stone huts that are the only remaining permanent houses built by an indigenous community in Australia - busting the myth that all Aboriginal people were nomadic.

The C-shaped basalt block structures up to 4 metres across appear to be house foundations and are clustered in the same area as the fish traps. 

Monash University indigenous archaeology professor Ian Niven wrote in The Conversation of the 1841 visit to the site by Australia's Chief Protector of Aborigines, George Augustus Robinson.

Robinson described Budj Bim as: 'an immense piece of ground trenched and banked, resembling the work of civilized man but which on inspection I found to be the work of the Aboriginal natives, purposefully constructed for catching eels.'

European settlers then altered the flow of Lake Condah's waters by installing drainage channels in the 1880s and 1950s, obscuring its cultural history until heavy winter rains in 1977 revealed how some Aboriginal-made channels fed water and eels into natural depressions. 

In the 1970s, Peter Coutts of the Victoria Archaeological Survey carried out site surveys at Lake Condah, a rugged basaltic landscape on an ancient lava flow.

Coutts found extensive Aboriginal fish-trapping systems with hundreds of metres of excavated channels and basalt dam walls made of hundreds of tonnes of blocks, Professor Niven wrote.

The Budj Bim Cultural Landscape was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List at a meeting in Baku, Azerbaijan on Saturday following a decades-long campaign by traditional owners, some of whom were present for the announcement.

'This is a very special day for our community. This landscape, which we have cared for over thousands of years, is so important to Gunditjmara People,' Gunditjmara elder Denise Lovett said in a statement.

'The decision also recognises Budj Bim's significance to all of humanity. We are so proud to now be able to share our achievements and story with the world.'

The Budj Bim lava flows connect three components: the Budj Bim Volcano, Lake Condah and the Tyrendarra lava flow to the south with its wetland marshes.

All three areas are protected by the UNESCO World Heritage listing. 

Budj Bim is the 20th site in Australia to make it to the 1000-strong list and the second for Victoria alongside the Royal Exhibition Building and Carlton Gardens, which was listed in 2004.

Other Australian World Heritage sites include the Great Barrier Reef, Kakadu National Park and the Sydney Opera House.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7220931/This-special-day-Australian-eel...

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: 6600 yr old aquaculture farm in Vic World listed
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:14am

Putting rocks on top of other rocks. Watch out Edison.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:15am

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:14am:

I'm not at all surprised that that is as much as you understand.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:17am

Wow, a fish trap - something used all around the globe for millennia..... what a find!!!  It's the end of civilisation as we know it...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:20am

Yet you all refused to believe it even existed, so ddetermined were you to beliGrappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:17am:

Wow, a fish trap - something used all around the globe for millennia..... what a find!!!  It's the end of civilisation as we know it...

https://media0.giphy.com/media/Ho2mVZ5dvsW7S/giphy.gif

Yet you refused to believe it even existed. so determined were you to place the First Australians beneath you.

I see you still are.

No surprises.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:47am

mothra wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:20am:
Yet you all refused to believe it even existed, so ddetermined were you to beliGrappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:17am:

Yet you refused to believe it even existed. so determined were you to place the First Australians beneath you.

I see you still are.

No surprises.

Who said fish traps didn't exist, and who ever said the Niggrahs were beneath anyone?

Read in a lot, don't you... in an over-emotional state ...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:53am

Meanwhile in Sumer...

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:53am

Grappler do you seriously contend that you were not being quite supercilious on the matter?

IP Logged

BigP
Gold Member

Australian Politics

West Auckland
Reply #8 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:34pm

It makes you wonder why the black fellas stopped at puttin a few rocks together and didnt move on to something a little challenging , Like space travel ?

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:37pm

The aborigines could not have advanced much in terms of agriculture as there were no animals suitable for domestication and the only plant suitable for farming was the macadamia nut.

All in all, the evolutionary blowtorch produced a pretty resilient specimen who could survive in the bush where whitey would perish.

I loved working with aboriginal stockmen.
They were definitely the alphas in the bush,

The sad thing for them was the all smothering do gooders from Canberra who stepped in and , with useless compassion, turned them into perpetual toddlers sucking on leftie titties.
The Oedipal nightmare, the all smothering mother who wants to foster dependence to satisfy her own sick psychopathology

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:39pm

BigP wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:34pm:
It makes you wonder why the black fellas stopped at puttin a few rocks together and didnt move on to something a little challenging , Like space travel ?

No need to.

IP Logged

BigP
Gold Member

Australian Politics

West Auckland
Reply #11 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:50pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:39pm:

No need to.

And why would that be ?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:54pm

The site features the remnants of about 300 round stone huts that are the only remaining permanent houses built by an indigenous community in Australia - busting the myth that all Aboriginal people were nomadic.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #13 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:55pm

Are examples like this supposed to make us think Aborginals were any more special than any hunter gathers that ever existed on the planet?

If the story was about Bonobos making fish traps, I'd be blown away.

Humans making fish traps, normal stuff.

IBI

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:01pm

mothra wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:54pm:

God you are thick.
Of course they were nomadic.
They had to be.
They didn't have wheat or rice or pigs or sheep to farm so they could settle down.
Why would being nomadic be considered in any way being lesser you dumb leftie,
It showed they were adapting to the evolutionary blowtorch.
Stick to women's studies and leave the aborigines alone.
The last thing they need is friends like you  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:08pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:17am:

don't forget the piles of rocks they are trying to pretend were remains of stone houses.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: trav yr old aquaculture farm in Vic World listed
Reply #16 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:14pm

Scientists just got back, and have just published their discoveries.

They had traveled back in time.

And on their 4 month expedition to Neolithic times, they inspected this ancient technological marvel.

And on their return, they revealed that this structure looks more or less unchanged to how it looked 6,600 years ago.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #17 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:14pm

aquascoot wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:01pm:

God you are thick.
They had to be.
They didn't have wheat or rice or pigs or sheep to farm so they could settle down.

I actually think it's racist to elevate and embellish Aboriginal culture the way the lefties do. Why do they need to do that? Why are they afraid to characterise it for what it was. Basic hunter gatherers.

I've always said I accept them to be equal to an other homosapien but I rank their culture and achievements as lower than other cultures.

Here's an example. I was getting a ranger tour in a national park and the ranger showed us a pile of rocks 1 meter high on top of a hill told us it was a water marker. Cool. But she went on to explain this shows Aboriginals had water management skills the equal of any culture on earth.

Now, not a month before that tour, I'd returned from Europe, this is one of the places I visited. Constructed 40-60AD

IBI

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:44pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:14pm:

God you are thick.
They had to be.

I actually think it's racist to elevate and embellish Aboriginal culture the way the lefties do. Why do they need to do that? Why are they afraid to characterise it for what it was. Basic hunter gatherers.

I've always said I accept them to be equal to an other homosapien but I rank their culture and achievements as lower than other cultures.

Here's an example. I was getting a ranger tour in a national park and the ranger showed us a pile of rocks 1 meter high on top of a hill told us it was a water marker. Cool. But she went on to explain this shows Aboriginals had water management skills the equal of any culture on earth.

Now, not a month before that tour, I'd returned from Europe, this is one of the places I visited. Constructed 40-60AD

https://i.ibb.co/bzCRFk6/tour-img-720745-148.jpg

Fairpoint Gordon.
What I would say is that in many aspects they are superior. Many Europeans were wiped out by smallpox or the plague. Or by poor sanitation.
But the Aborigine who was wiped out was wiped out because he was not quick enough or agile enough or did not have the acute senses to survive in the bush.Thus the evolutionary blowtorch
Worked to create superb specimens in Australia whilst randomly wiping out the best in Europe

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:46pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:55pm:
Are examples like this supposed to make us think Aborginals were any more special than any hunter gathers that ever existed on the planet?

Why do you need to be blown away?

This simply offers proof that not only did they develop sophisticated aquaculture, they also had trade and permanent dwellings, contrary to what most of us were taught in school.

Why does it need to be more impressive top challenge a common myth that has too long been propagated and daily put forth by members of this forum?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:49pm

God you are thick.
They had to be.

Why are you calling the acceptance of aquaculture an embellishment?

It's not that outrageous claims are made .. it's that every time something comes to light that casts our Indigenous as anything beyond nomadic hunter gatherers, (important, if you actually know your history, for Terra Nullis), then people like you claim it's eith nothing and jeer at it or it's an embellishment.

As is almost every post in this thread testifying.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #21 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:55pm

aquascoot wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:44pm:

God you are thick.
They had to be.

Fairpoint Gordon.
What I would say is that in many aspects they are superior. Many Europeans were wiped out by smallpox or the plague. Or by poor sanitation.
But the Aborigine who was wiped out was wiped out because he was not quick enough or agile enough or did not have the acute senses to survive in the bush.Thus the evolutionary blowtorch
Worked to create superb specimens in Australia whilst randomly wiping out the best in Europe

Well disease is just the flip-side of cultures networking and innovating yet despite what you said, European culture marched on and continued to progress.

Could you imagine observing the tribes in England 1000 years ago? They'd have had as intimate knowledge of every plant and animal around them just as the Aboriginals did, it's just what humans do.

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:57pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:55pm:

God you are thick.
They had to be.

Fairpoint Gordon.

Well disease is just the flip-side of cultures networking and innovating yet despite what you said, European culture marched on and continued to progress.

Could you imagine observing the tribes in England 1000 years ago? They'd have had as intimate knowledge of every plant and animal around them just as the Aboriginals did, it's just what humans do.

Actually, as time goes it wasn't that long ago that people were being burnt at the stake for displaying intimate knowledge of plants.

Superior culture, innit.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #23 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:32pm

mothra wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:57pm:
Gordon wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:55pm:

God you are thick.
They had to be.

Fairpoint Gordon.

Actually, as time goes it wasn't that long ago that people were being burnt at the stake for displaying intimate knowledge of plants.

Superior culture, innit.

So this is the bit where you try to tell us unlike all other homosapien tribes on the planet, Aboriginals didn't commit terrible acts against one another. No murder, incest, infanticide, feuds.

Just godlike creatures who were the most evolved culture on the planet Wink

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:38pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:32pm:
So this is the bit where you try to tell us unlike all other homosapien tribes on the planet, Aboriginals didn't commit terrible acts against one another. No murder, incest, infanticide, feuds.

Just godlike creatures who were the most evolved culture on the planet Wink

I've never even remotely suggested anything of the sort. Nor do i think has anyone. Ever.

Just another example of you taking a simple point and making it preposterous to diminish it.

What i believe, Gordy, and what i always have said is that we all have stuff we can learn from and teach each other in this fabulous wide world full of experience.

Unlike you, i steer clear of hierarchies ... particularly those that wouuld strive to put me at the top.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:39pm

Fairpoint Gordon.
European pre history shows that we survived because our ancestors harnessed technology in order to defeat the environment. Ones that didn't or couldn't  froze or starved to death, id say that's an evolutionary blowtorch also. We are not ancestors of the slow , weak or stupid although social engineering is changing that.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:59pm

rhino wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:39pm:

Fairpoint Gordon.
European pre history shows that we survived because our ancestors harnessed technology in order to defeat the environment. Ones that didn't or couldn't  froze or starved to death, id say that's an evolutionary blowtorch also. We are not ancestors of the slow , weak or stupid although social engineering is changing that.

you got that right  Wink

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #27 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:09pm

So you geniuses, what stuffed the aboriginals?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #28 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:11pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:09pm:

Stuffed them? One just become the worlds #1 female tennis player.

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #29 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:24pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:11pm:

"Just?"

She was beaten last night.

I did not say they were wiped out......I said they were stuffed.  So...who did that you racist arsehole?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #30 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:31pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:24pm:

"Just?"

I did not say they were wiped out......I said they were stuffed.  So...who did that you racist arsehole?

So you're asking who stuffed them, yet they're not stuffed?

Oh yeah, it's past 3pm. Glug glug glug.

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #31 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:37pm

Yes....I am asking who stuffed them.

Too hard is it?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #32 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:52pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:37pm:

Too hard is it?

You mean who catapulted them from the stone age to flying across the planet to play tennis in Wimbledon?

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:56pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:52pm:

Too hard is it?

You mean who catapulted them from the stone age to flying across the planet to play tennis in Wimbledon?

Yet usually you say it will take them another 100 years is it?
to "catch up"?

You racists. So inconsistent. I understand you absolutely need to be but it is most frustrating.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #34 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:01pm

mothra wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:56pm:

Too hard is it?

to "catch up"?

You racists. So inconsistent. I understand you absolutely need to be but it is most frustrating.

I think more than 100 years for those living in extremely remote areas and some will never catch up due to inter-generational fetal alcohol syndrome and ice use.

The faster they fully embrace modernity, the better.

IBI

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:04pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:01pm:

Too hard is it?

to "catch up"?

I think more than 100 years for those living in extremely remote areas and some will never catch up due to inter-generational fetal alcohol syndrome and ice use.

In another hundred years we might see an Aboriginal equivalent of a jumbo jet on its way to the tennis...(???)...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:06pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:53am:
Grappler do you seriously contend that you were not being quite supercilious on the matter?

Of course not - my use of the term 'Niggrah' was clearly supercilious... I should have said OUR Niggrahs... to signify ownership...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:07pm

Not all nomadic - the exception that proved the norm... thank you for your input...

― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:10pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:01pm:

Too hard is it?

to "catch up"?

You've absolutely no idea what you're talking about at all, do you.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:11pm

mothra wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:46pm:

This simply offers proof that not only did they develop sophisticated aquaculture, they also had trade and permanent dwellings, contrary to what most of us were taught in school.

Why does it need to be more impressive top challenge a common myth that has too long been propagated and daily put forth by members of this forum?

It is not possible to draw a conclusion that "Aboriginals were not nomadic" on the basis of some evidence that some may not have been nomadic year round.... I've cited the Far south coast of NSW Aborigines, who have their traditional paths between the Snowies Region and the coast - one region for Summer - one for Winter..... the local Elders try to get the young ones to take the trek and get in touch with their Inner Aborigine instead of their Inner Aborigine getting into the piss and trouble...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #40 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:14pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:11pm:

It is not possible to draw a conclusion that "Aboriginals were not nomadic" on the basis of some evidence that some may not have been nomadic year round.... I've cited the Far south coast of NSW Aborigines, who have their traditional paths between the Snowies Region and the coast - one region for Summer - one for Winter..... the local Elders try to get the young ones to take the trek and get in touch with their Inner Aborigine instead of their Inner Aborigine getting into the piss and trouble...

Even if they  built rudimentary  structures it makes them about the same as hunter gatherer humans the world over.   Meh.

IBI

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:14pm

aquascoot wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:59pm:
rhino wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:39pm:

Fairpoint Gordon.

you got that right  Wink

X 2 ... my kids are strong, fast and smart - my son won't get into SASR due to his eyesight... his mother's genes - I was whale watching today with the naked eye (at 70 y.o.) while others were using binoculars.. whales were a couple of miles out...

― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:15pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:14pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:11pm:

Even if they  built rudimentary  structures it makes them about the same as hunter gatherer humans the world over.   Meh.

Yes. Meh. Sums up your estimation. We understand.

And quite proud you are of it, amazingly.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:20pm

"Just?"

How were they stuffed?  I heard a Ph.D prospect today on ABC radio saying that colonisation had phases, including destroying the ecology etc... so de-foresting and farming destroyed the nomad's forests?  If he'd said that the eco-system was changed it would be more accurate - but he's Indigenous with an axe to grind and full support from academia.

Good to see one of Our Niggrah's getting a Ph.D in something, though - pity it had to be social sciences... that's FUBARed to the max... (that's German)...
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:26pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #44 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:38pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:20pm:

"Just?"

How were they stuffed?  I heard a Ph.D prospect today on ABC radio saying that colonisation had phases, including destroying the ecology etc... so de-foresting and farming destroyed the nomad's forests?  If he'd said that the eco-system was changed it would be more accurate - but he's Indigenous with an axe to grind and full support from academia.

Good to see one of Our Niggrah's getting a Ph.D in something, though - pity it had to be social sciences... that's FUBARed to the max... (that's German)...

One of the girls in my daughter's year is on the full board and tuition scholarship, also includes one  international excursion is getting her orthodontics paid for from the schools discretionary fund, apparently her teeth were stuffed.

IBI

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #45 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:48pm

NEWS FLASH

Ayres rock was actually MADE by aboriginals

The huge Ayres rock has been found to be manufactured by aboriginal AUSTRALIANS
In a recent study by apologist sychophants, has deduced the Ayres rock was manufactured by a currently unknown superior technology lost in time.

Several years of grubberment funded study by the sychophants with many many hours of pub based discussion with local indiginious people has proven "beyond a doubt" that some very advanced engineering processes have been used to adhere stone particles together to form an enormous rock like object known as Ayres rock.

"If we could discover the methods used, we could manufacture many more huge rock like structures" Stated the sychophant leader of the study honorary doctor Fred Nerd.

Dr Nerd was given an honorary doctorate for his study into aboriginal sychophantry after years of living off grubberment grants and participating in aboriginal protests for years.

"And to think me mum said I'd amount to nuffink leaving skool before I dun finished my skool cert" said Dr Nerd.

Many other studies into aboriginal sychophantry are being reviewed at the moment
Sand covered walking tracks......"An idea that spread all over australia"
Paper bark tree shelters " Advanced use of paperbark and why its a failure when it rains"
The stick....." Brilliance in concept and execution"
Fire making, why abbos never worked that one out.
Lashing rocks to sticks, why abbos never worked that one out.

What a joke, fish traps, next they will find a tower block.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #46 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:51pm

Too hard is it?

No....I asked who stuffed a race which existed for 60,000 + years before the stuff up.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #47 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:53pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:51pm:

Too hard is it?

No....I asked who stuffed a race which existed for 60,000 + years before the stuff up.

Existed? They no longer exist?

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #48 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:54pm

Not as they did before they were stuffed.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #49 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:58pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:54pm:

So Ash Barty doesn't exist?

IBI

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:01pm

how typical of the racist numbnuts on here to try and and shoot down any story about abo's that might challenge their prejudices

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #51 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:07pm

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #52 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:12pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:58pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:54pm:

So Ash Barty doesn't exist?

How stupid is that?

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:20pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:51pm:

Too hard is it?

The  socialist government of gough whitlam which started the welfare sit down money culture .
That's what stuffed them.
Whitey intellectuals in Canberra who have never met an aborigine and who thought that government handouts would cast the whitey intellectual elite in a good light.

The result was record rates of alcoholism, diabetes, blindness, kidney failure, suicide , drug use, porn use, domestic violence and despair.

It was genocide in the name of intellectual elites with uni degrees who think they know aborigines.

I have camped many time with aboriginal stockmen and they are great fellows.
Witty, don't take life seriously, simple, resilient, athletic, happy people.

And then we let the white public service wankers bugger that all up.

Shameful, disgraceful.

And if you think " real" aborigines give a toss about some stupid uni wanker finding some stupid fish traps and getting a ph d out of this wank, you know nothing about our fine native men

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #54 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:22pm

Nah.

Have another go.

IP Logged

BigP
Gold Member

Australian Politics

West Auckland
Reply #55 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:22pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:01pm:
how typical of the racist numbnuts on here to try and and shoot down any story about abo's that might challenge their prejudices

John , I think its safe to say that if Australia had not been colonized it would still be a pristine wilderness with its indigenous people steeping very lightly on the landscape

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:23pm

mothra wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:15am:

Fish traps are not aquaculture ... their traps.

Just like the pits other ancient humans used to trap prey.

There are plenty in the Torres Straits Islands as well .... and in other areas.

Piling rocks together may build a wall or shelter or a fish trap .... but foundations of a building?

Always going for the stretch.  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #57 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:24pm

BigP wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:22pm:

John , I think its safe to say that if Australia had not been colonized it would still be a pristine wilderness with its indigenous people steeping very lightly on the landscape

Will someone give BigP a brown paper bag of Uncanny's boiled lollies?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:27pm

Possibly. And I'd bet that in most cases they would have been happier for it.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:48pm

Didn't bust anything .... another stretch.

They find one area which "might" suggest a group in one location weren't nomadic.

By enlarge they were.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #60 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 6:16pm

🤣🤣🤣

So let me get this straight. You lot think that if England did not settle this continent, that no OTHER country in this world would have taken it by now! 

IP Logged

BigP
Gold Member

Australian Politics

West Auckland
Reply #61 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 6:21pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 6:16pm:
🤣🤣🤣

So let me get this straight. You lot think that if England did not settle this continent, that no OTHER country in this world would have taken it by now! 

You talkin to your inner self there BigCC

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #62 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 6:54pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 6:16pm:
🤣🤣🤣

There are pockets on the Planet where Whitey had the brains to leave alone.  But, not the Brits with 'Australia.'  They needed a place to put petty thieves and in so doing, they stuffed a 60,000 year old culture.

Rule Britannia!!!!

Get fugged.  "Britians never ever ever will be slaves," while they enslaved every other bastard they came across including our Mob.

"When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land."

But, I still feel bad about what we did to stuff these people.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #63 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 7:24pm

So what made them stop?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 7:29pm

it_is_the_light wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:07pm:

https://shop.australiangeographic.com.au/pub/media/catalog/product/cache/c687aa7...https://www.wired.com/images_blogs/dangerroom/2011/06/030327-F-7203T-006-660x234...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 7:31pm

And the Academy award for Most Racist and Prejudiced and Assumption-filled Statement of 2019 goes to...... (drrrrrruuuuuummmmm rrrrrooooooollll)  John Smith for Racist Numbnuts!

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 7:35pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:23pm:
mothra wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:15am:

Fish traps are not aquaculture ... their traps.

Just like the pits other ancient humans used to trap prey.

There are plenty in the Torres Straits Islands as well .... and in other areas.

Piling rocks together may build a wall or shelter or a fish trap .... but foundations of a building?

Always going for the stretch.  Roll Eyes

Like watching the nightly news to see which sheila changed a light bulb better .... despite opposition from the entrenched patriarchal society, of course...

― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 7:53pm

freediver wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 7:24pm:
So what made them stop?

how do you propose they expand on it?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 7:53pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 7:31pm:

And the Academy award for Most Racist and Prejudiced and Assumption-filled Statement of 2019 goes to...... (drrrrrruuuuuummmmm rrrrrooooooollll)  John Smith for Racist Numbnuts!

ohh looky .... numbnut No: 1 has made an appearance

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 10:17pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 7:53pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 7:31pm:

ohh looky .... numbnut No: 1 has made an appearance

No second prizes, sonny - you're long gone from the OzPol Oscars...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 10:18pm

So what made them stop?

Make bigger fish traps with more stones?

P.S.  Bloody 18th century global economy destroying local industry........
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2019 at 10:23pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #71 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 10:40pm

Yes - the Aboriginal cultural renaissance is on the way.

The Whites never had any idea of 'Aqua-culture' like the Aboriginals did. Obviously far superior 'Farmers' than the Whites. They even turned the entire continent into a work of Art, the continent - their canvas and they painted it with the beauty of what the land had to offer.

So long has their culture existed. Folded again and again over the ages, like a Shogun's Kantana being hammered into being.

Well done to my fellow 'Australians'.
Those who walk out of the past to join the 'World' into the future.

They have given a great gift to the world and the whites have destroyed a lot of it and for what? They still cry for $million dollar 'Aid' packages.  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:14am

Noone would ever deny the toughness and resilience of the southern indigene. Nor would anyone really begrudge the environmental damage of the use fire as a hunting tool when compared with the environmental vamdalism of us whities. There is no doubt, however, that the aborigine were a pretty sickly and backward race of people. The British journals brim with pitying accounts of a people suffering a pretty short, miserable existence. I don't care; i'll offer a straight up opinion. Let the Mothras of the world apologise.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:44am

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:14am:
Noone would ever deny the toughness and resilience of the southern indigene. Nor would anyone really begrudge the environmental damage of the use fire as a hunting tool when compared with the environmental vamdalism of us whities. There is no doubt, however, that the aborigine were a pretty sickly and backward race of people. The British journals brim with pitying accounts of a people suffering a pretty short, miserable existence. I don't care; i'll offer a straight up opinion. Let the Mothras of the world apologise.

The British journals? What British journals have you read?

Certainly, academics have long disagreed with you.

What you were taught in school was bullshit. Can you think why?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #74 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 5:00am

John Smith wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:27pm:

Possibly. And I'd bet that in most cases they would have been happier for it.

Ya think?
Short painful and difficult lives
Child rape
Incest
Murder

But there would be only a fraction of them.

And all this assuming no other country we died to take over.

What, if any lifestyle woukd they have if Chinese, Indonesians or some other less gullible culture too over other than ours.

My bet is there woukd be no abbos.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #75 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 6:49am

the ones i know were doing fine before the whiteys from the labor party in canberra took them down

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #76 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 8:34am

The only people suffering back in 1788 and the period around it - were the Whites from Britain. A hopeless rabble of Convict labour and petty Corps authority (mostly drunk on Rum).
The American Whaling Ships had to keep the colony afloat and the Aboriginals had to bail them out into showing them what the wilderness had to offer as a 'future'.

The Aboriginals were not 'hopeless' - for they had much sustainable food resources that were constantly attended too. Hell, the Aboriginals even had Orca bringing in Humpback Whales for them as a food resource. They had trade in the far north with the Molasscans and even Chinese for ages before.
What Whities called 'deserts' (the image of a starving black out-backer in need of White help) - were large 'farms' where 'gathering' was plentiful. No need to till the ground, that was fertile - unlike the ground that is compressed by hooved livestock.

Maybe the 'modern city' Abo is somewhat a primitive (as are most people in the big cities - just look at the crime both rich and poor). But the Pre-1788 Aboriginal was a vast self-sufficient and 'sustainable' culture that all interacted to the greater good via one of the best democracies going around.

We all know that the Whites had to literally destroy all evidence of their 'abilities' and belittle their existence to boost the pathetic state of their own colonial efforts.

The Abos saved the Colony from folding.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 8:53am

https://shop.australiangeographic.com.au/pub/media/catalog/product/cache/c687aa7...https://www.wired.com/images_blogs/dangerroom/2011/06/030327-F-7203T-006-660x234...

Looks like a factory made(Indonesian) boomerang to me.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:20am

mothra wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:44am:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:14am:

The British journals? What British journals have you read?

Certainly, academics have long disagreed with you.

What you were taught in school was bullshit.
Can you think why?

Contradiction much?

'some' academics may disagree - academics of a certain stamp ..... but their views are by no means definitive.. and are often supported by conjecture and 'reading-in' rather than hard fact.....

One person can look at a set of facts and arrive, via osmosis of the reason, at one conclusion - another person may arrive at a totally different view ....

Academics in 'social sciences' are a strange lot and often have some very serious problems with eyesight and interpretation...

One of the stages of colonisation is to alter history and alter /destroy language (as cited by a young Aboriginal Ph.D student at SIT in reference to what the Wharte Man did to the Koons) - it appears that we, as a culture, are being colonised by an alien breed called 'social scientists', whose foot-soldiers - Imperial Storm Troopers - are Social Justice Warriors...... our history is being destroyed, our language altered beyond reality .... and any dissent is met with  savage assault by organised gangs of storm troopers....

« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:47am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:23am

Jasin wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 8:34am:
The only people suffering back in 1788 and the period around it - were the Whites from Britain. A hopeless rabble of Convict labour and petty Corps authority (mostly drunk on Rum).
The American Whaling Ships had to keep the colony afloat and the Aboriginals had to bail them out into showing them what the wilderness had to offer as a 'future'.

The Aboriginals were not 'hopeless' - for they had much sustainable food resources that were constantly attended too. Hell, the Aboriginals even had Orca bringing in Humpback Whales for them as a food resource. They had trade in the far north with the Molasscans and even Chinese for ages before.

What Whities called 'deserts' (the image of a starving black out-backer in need of White help) - were large 'farms' where 'gathering' was plentiful. No need to till the ground, that was fertile - unlike the ground that is compressed by hooved livestock.

Maybe the 'modern city' Abo is somewhat a primitive (as are most people in the big cities - just look at the crime both rich and poor). But the Pre-1788 Aboriginal was a vast self-sufficient and 'sustainable' culture that all interacted to the greater good via one of the best democracies going around.

We all know that the Whites had to literally destroy all evidence of their 'abilities' and belittle their existence to boost the pathetic state of their own colonial efforts.

The Abos saved the Colony from folding.

That's what I mean about interpretation of the same set of facts... trade with Chinese etc, for example - what did they trade?  Finished goods of high quality - or a heap of good stuff they didn't understand in exchange for a handful of beads?

― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #80 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 12:20pm

So what made them stop?

What are you on about John?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 1:52pm

The Egyptians invented the returning boomerang. The Aboriginals had throwing sticks.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:41pm

So - reading the title again - where and what exactly is Vic World?

Is it a theme park for Victoria or Big Vic?

Good morning and welcome to our guided tour of Vic World - those with first class passes take a seat on the yellow golf buggy - the rest follow me on foot.... our first exhibit, coming up on your right, is the Giant Hewson ...... the only one of its kind in the southern Hemisphere ...... after that we will be viewing the Tomb of the Unknown Submariner ..... after we pause for lunch, our prime attraction for the afternoon will be the re-enactment of the dredging of Port Phillip Bay .......
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:48pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 4:17pm

The European colonists were fascinated by all the indigineous peoples they came across. The British were particularly impressed by how impoverished the Aborigine were. Terra nullius, as much as a defence for land theft, was a commentary on just how incredulous the British were to how unevolved the natives were. These people, the British thought, live a life as basic as animals. And now, for more historical revisionism. Mothballs?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 4:28pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 10:17pm:
No second prizes, sonny -

that's why you never got a prize

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

barryfromthebush
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Bum Chum
Reply #85 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 5:30pm

Too dumb to even boil water...

Bumblywumbly

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 5:31pm

barryfromthebush wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 5:30pm:

yes, but we aren't talking about you now. Stick to the topic.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

barryfromthebush
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Bum Chum
Reply #87 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 5:33pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 5:31pm:
barryfromthebush wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 5:30pm:

yes, but we aren't talking about you now. Stick to the topic.

The abo's are a joke. Plain and simple. 40000 years and they still act like they fell out of a tree.

Bumblywumbly

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #88 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 5:47pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 8:53am:

The Egyptians had boomerang.

But they advanced to a CIVILIZATION

Abbos never progressed from pre-stone age.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 7:22pm

aquascoot wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:37pm:
The aborigines could not have advanced much in terms of agriculture as there were no animals suitable for domestication and the only plant suitable for farming was the macadamia nut.

All in all, the evolutionary blowtorch produced a pretty resilient specimen who could survive in the bush where whitey would perish.

The sad thing for them was the all smothering do gooders from Canberra who stepped in and , with useless compassion, turned them into perpetual toddlers sucking on leftie titties.
The Oedipal nightmare, the all smothering mother who wants to foster dependence to satisfy her own sick psychopathology

Just so - but you must remember to characterise that psychopathology. It must be addressed - for a long time, on and on - so it can be countered (never eliminated. Like the poor, the road-pavers to hell will always be with us).
They motives change over time, though.
The current 'progressives' foster dependency is to deny liberation for ever. With the loss of a universal value system, supplanted by political activism, all the 'caring' is about the satisfaction of the needs of the do-gooders and the hell with the ones they 'care' for. It is a political act to keep Aborigines degraded so the enemies of progressives can be blamed for their 'false consciousness' regarding individual self-determination.
All identity politic is about this - manufacturing 'insurmountable' collective victimhood and then seeking rent for it as long as possible.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #90 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 7:30pm

Bunjil Lovett catches a kooyang eel at Budj Bim. The 6600 year old aquafarm connects the Budj Bim Volcano and Lake Condah to the wetland marshes of the Tyrendarra lava flow that stretch to the sea.

6600 yr old net

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 8:03pm

Frank wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 7:22pm:

Just so - but you must remember to characterise that psychopathology. It must be addressed - for a long time, on and on - so it can be countered (never eliminated. Like the poor, the road-pavers to hell will always be with us).
The current 'progressives' foster dependency is to deny liberation for ever. With the loss of a universal value system, supplanted by political activism, all the 'caring' is about the satisfaction of the needs of the do-gooders and the hell with the ones they 'care' for. It is a political act to keep Aborigines degraded so the enemies of progressives can be blamed for their 'false consciousness' regarding individual self-determination.
All identity politic is about this - manufacturing 'insurmountable' collective victimhood and then seeking rent for it as long as possible.

Quite so frank, there was no "aborigine" and " whitey" on Victoria downs station.
There were just men and so we had cured racism by treating each other as individuals.

The ideological left hate themselves and that's their pathology.
They see children as the enemy of the planet.
All they see are people in various "groups"
Men v women
Black v white
Straight v gay
Christian v Muslim

They tried economic collectivisation in Russia and china and Cambodia and Venezuela and everywhere it turned to poo.
So they gave up on politics. Took over the unis and the schools and try their collectivisation there.
Separating people into groups .
No place for the individual.

Morons like pecca and moth and smith can't see that it is THEY who seek to divide us into identity groups. It is THEY who are the racists.

Martin Luther said he dreamt of a day when the character of a mans heart would be more important then the color of his skin.
That's a nightmare for the left.
ALL they are interested in is the color of his skin.
That's how they define him

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 9:11pm

aquascoot wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 8:03pm:
Frank wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 7:22pm:

Quite so frank, there was no "aborigine" and " whitey" on Victoria downs station.
There were just men and so we had cured racism by treating each other as individuals.

That's what identity politics is here to erase or at least vilify into shame.  And that relentless effort by the PC progs must be resisted and countered.

IP Logged

barryfromthebush
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Bum Chum
Reply #93 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 5:13am

Valkie wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 5:47pm:

look at any of the koon communities, they still are stone age.

Bumblywumbly

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #94 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 5:25am

barryfromthebush wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 5:13am:
Valkie wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 5:47pm:

look at any of the koon communities, they still are stone age.

Stone age mentalities

White mans advanced technology.

Every abbo has a nice new phone, Nike shoes and the latest "brand name" clothing.
All paid for from our taxes.
The microscopically few who have jobs,get still more from us.

It's time we cut the crap.
Cut them off from the fit and made the work for a change.
Let's remove the racist benefits these people get.
One dole for all.
One housing for all
One set of rules for all
White, black, country shoppers or average Joe.
Same exact benefits and requirements for each.

Then start hounding people to work.
Cut the dole, give more tax relief for those that work
Give something back to contributors in their old age.
Based on you working life, give higher pensions to those who work longest.

Giving to bludgers only empowers and encourages bludgers
Punishig workers only forces workers to stop working.
The stupidity of taxing any second or third job at 45% regardless of your income is greed and stupidity.
Your entire earning should be taxed at the same rate, regardless of its source.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #95 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 8:56am

What I don't get about eel farming is that they are one of the most difficult fish species to control. They can literally travel over land to get where they want. I suspect the "farming" aspect of this is overstated. Why would there be any need to transport them manually?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print