Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
6600 yr old aquaculture farm in Vic World listed (Read 5874 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: 6600 yr old aquaculture farm in Vic World listed
Reply #30 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:31pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:24pm:
Gordon wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:11pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:09pm:
So you geniuses, what stuffed the aboriginals?

Stuffed them? One just become the worlds #1 female tennis player.

"Just?"

She was beaten last night.

I did not say they were wiped out......I said they were stuffed.  So...who did that you racist arsehole?

So you're asking who stuffed them, yet they're not stuffed?

Oh yeah, it's past 3pm. Glug glug glug.

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #31 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:37pm

Yes....I am asking who stuffed them.

Too hard is it?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #32 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:52pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:37pm:

Too hard is it?

You mean who catapulted them from the stone age to flying across the planet to play tennis in Wimbledon?

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:56pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:52pm:

Too hard is it?

You mean who catapulted them from the stone age to flying across the planet to play tennis in Wimbledon?

Yet usually you say it will take them another 100 years is it?
to "catch up"?

You racists. So inconsistent. I understand you absolutely need to be but it is most frustrating.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #34 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:01pm

mothra wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:56pm:

Too hard is it?

to "catch up"?

You racists. So inconsistent. I understand you absolutely need to be but it is most frustrating.

I think more than 100 years for those living in extremely remote areas and some will never catch up due to inter-generational fetal alcohol syndrome and ice use.

The faster they fully embrace modernity, the better.

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #35 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:04pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:01pm:

Too hard is it?

to "catch up"?

I think more than 100 years for those living in extremely remote areas and some will never catch up due to inter-generational fetal alcohol syndrome and ice use.

In another hundred years we might see an Aboriginal equivalent of a jumbo jet on its way to the tennis...(???)...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:06pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:53am:
Grappler do you seriously contend that you were not being quite supercilious on the matter?

Of course not - my use of the term 'Niggrah' was clearly supercilious... I should have said OUR Niggrahs... to signify ownership...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:07pm

mothra wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:54pm:
The site features the remnants of about 300 round stone huts that are the only remaining permanent houses built by an indigenous community in Australia - busting the myth that all Aboriginal people were nomadic.

Not all nomadic - the exception that proved the norm... thank you for your input...

― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:10pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:01pm:

Too hard is it?

to "catch up"?

You've absolutely no idea what you're talking about at all, do you.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:11pm

mothra wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:46pm:
Gordon wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:55pm:
Are examples like this supposed to make us think Aborginals were any more special than any hunter gathers that ever existed on the planet?

If the story was about Bonobos making fish traps, I'd be blown away.

Humans making fish traps, normal stuff.

Why do you need to be blown away?

This simply offers proof that not only did they develop sophisticated aquaculture, they also had trade and permanent dwellings, contrary to what most of us were taught in school.

Why does it need to be more impressive top challenge a common myth that has too long been propagated and daily put forth by members of this forum?

It is not possible to draw a conclusion that "Aboriginals were not nomadic" on the basis of some evidence that some may not have been nomadic year round.... I've cited the Far south coast of NSW Aborigines, who have their traditional paths between the Snowies Region and the coast - one region for Summer - one for Winter..... the local Elders try to get the young ones to take the trek and get in touch with their Inner Aborigine instead of their Inner Aborigine getting into the piss and trouble...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #40 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:14pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:11pm:
Are examples like this supposed to make us think Aborginals were any more special than any hunter gathers that ever existed on the planet?

This simply offers proof that not only did they develop sophisticated aquaculture, they also had trade and permanent dwellings, contrary to what most of us were taught in school.

Why does it need to be more impressive top challenge a common myth that has too long been propagated and daily put forth by members of this forum?

It is not possible to draw a conclusion that "Aboriginals were not nomadic" on the basis of some evidence that some may not have been nomadic year round.... I've cited the Far south coast of NSW Aborigines, who have their traditional paths between the Snowies Region and the coast - one region for Summer - one for Winter..... the local Elders try to get the young ones to take the trek and get in touch with their Inner Aborigine instead of their Inner Aborigine getting into the piss and trouble...

Even if they  built rudimentary  structures it makes them about the same as hunter gatherer humans the world over.   Meh.

IBI

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:14pm

aquascoot wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:59pm:
rhino wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:39pm:
aquascoot wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:44pm:

Fairpoint Gordon.
What I would say is that in many aspects they are superior. Many Europeans were wiped out by smallpox or the plague. Or by poor sanitation.
But the Aborigine who was wiped out was wiped out because he was not quick enough or agile enough or did not have the acute senses to survive in the bush.Thus the evolutionary blowtorch
Worked to create superb specimens in Australia whilst randomly wiping out the best in Europe
European pre history shows that we survived because our ancestors harnessed technology in order to defeat the environment. Ones that didn't or couldn't  froze or starved to death, id say that's an evolutionary blowtorch also. We are not ancestors of the slow , weak or stupid although social engineering is changing that.

you got that right  Wink

X 2 ... my kids are strong, fast and smart - my son won't get into SASR due to his eyesight... his mother's genes - I was whale watching today with the naked eye (at 70 y.o.) while others were using binoculars.. whales were a couple of miles out...

― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:15pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:14pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:11pm:

Even if they  built rudimentary  structures it makes them about the same as hunter gatherer humans the world over.   Meh.

Yes. Meh. Sums up your estimation. We understand.

And quite proud you are of it, amazingly.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:20pm

"Just?"

I did not say they were wiped out......I said they were stuffed.  So...who did that you racist arsehole?

How were they stuffed?  I heard a Ph.D prospect today on ABC radio saying that colonisation had phases, including destroying the ecology etc... so de-foresting and farming destroyed the nomad's forests?  If he'd said that the eco-system was changed it would be more accurate - but he's Indigenous with an axe to grind and full support from academia.

Good to see one of Our Niggrah's getting a Ph.D in something, though - pity it had to be social sciences... that's FUBARed to the max... (that's German)...
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:26pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #44 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:38pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 4:20pm:

"Just?"

How were they stuffed?  I heard a Ph.D prospect today on ABC radio saying that colonisation had phases, including destroying the ecology etc... so de-foresting and farming destroyed the nomad's forests?  If he'd said that the eco-system was changed it would be more accurate - but he's Indigenous with an axe to grind and full support from academia.

Good to see one of Our Niggrah's getting a Ph.D in something, though - pity it had to be social sciences... that's FUBARed to the max... (that's German)...

One of the girls in my daughter's year is on the full board and tuition scholarship, also includes one  international excursion is getting her orthodontics paid for from the schools discretionary fund, apparently her teeth were stuffed.

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print