Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Oh, BTW - John Jarratt was found not guilty (Read 3080 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Oh, BTW - John Jarratt was found not guilty
Reply #30 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 9:29am

philperth2010 wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 8:58am:
What a prize ass hole....Screwing a sheila whilst his wife slept in the next bedroom and he is the victim....It is no wonder you right wing wankers support this dickhead!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No political affiliation associated with someone being unfaithful.... being a prize asshole is not yet a crime.... and no - he is not the victim of a random shag - he was found not guilty of an allegation of rape... meaning essentially that legally there is no victim ....

Beware the rush to the head of emotion and emotive response ...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #31 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 9:44am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 9:29am:
What a prize ass hole....Screwing a sheila whilst his wife slept in the next bedroom and he is the victim....It is no wonder you right wing wankers support this dickhead!!!

No political affiliation associated with someone being unfaithful.... being a prize asshole is not yet a crime.... and no - he is not the victim of a random shag - he was found not guilty of an allegation of rape... meaning essentially that legally there is no victim ....

I never said he was a rapist although I suspect he is....Being an ass hole is not a crime but being able to call an ass hole an ass hole is my right....You can defend the dickhead all you want....Says a lot about you mate when you call out people for having a different opinion as an emotional response....He is a scum bag mate!!!

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 11:51am

Was he a scumbag to you before this accusation?

And I'd bet you'd know or heard of a heap of blokes who have done something similar to what you're hopping up & down about Jarrett doing.

Note I'm not inferring anything regarding rape.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #33 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 12:20pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 11:51am:
Was he a scumbag to you before this accusation?

And I'd bet you'd know or heard of a heap of blokes who have done something similar to what you're hopping up & down about Jarrett doing.

Note I'm not inferring anything regarding rape.

I know a few blokes who fit this type....They are no longer associates of mine....You???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 12:44pm

That wasn't the question ... was Jarrett an arsehole to you before said accusation?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #35 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 2:30pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 12:44pm:
That wasn't the question ... was Jarrett an arsehole to you before said accusation?

No actually....Didn't even know who he was....But the revelations about screwing a woman whilst his wife was asleep in the next room gave him away....So yes he was an ass hole before said accusation....Would you prefer I made a judgement call before knowing he was an ass hole???

Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #36 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 3:41pm

Now he is suing for defamation.  Not sure I would have advised him to do that so early.

Link.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #37 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 3:49pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 4:41pm:
Redmond Neck wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 4:40pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 4:31pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 2:26am:
The complainant was 19 years old at the time and said she did not go to police until late 2017 because she feared she would not be believed.

I don't believe that John Jarratt did not rape her. But, 41 years is such a long time to report the rape that the complainant should not consider the matter a "rape". John Jarratt's celebrity status these days should mean that the complainant would be even more fearful that she would not be believed.

The Meetoo movement has a lot to answer for pushing women to bring up sexual assault matters that are over 5 years of age. Save for youth or mental impairment concerns, even a month after an alleged rape is a long time to report to authorities.

I agree its one persons word against the other, which explains the quick decision from the jury in my opinion.

Pell?

True, but I think they were quite different cases, Pells was a retrial based on the evidence of the first shown on film wasnt it, he never personally participated in fact did he even make any statement in the first? not sure?

Anyway Jarratts seemed much shorter and simpler I thought but good point though Aussie!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #38 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 3:57pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 3:49pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 4:41pm:
Redmond Neck wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 4:40pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 4:31pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 2:26am:
The complainant was 19 years old at the time and said she did not go to police until late 2017 because she feared she would not be believed.

I don't believe that John Jarratt did not rape her. But, 41 years is such a long time to report the rape that the complainant should not consider the matter a "rape". John Jarratt's celebrity status these days should mean that the complainant would be even more fearful that she would not be believed.

The Meetoo movement has a lot to answer for pushing women to bring up sexual assault matters that are over 5 years of age. Save for youth or mental impairment concerns, even a month after an alleged rape is a long time to report to authorities.

I agree its one persons word against the other, which explains the quick decision from the jury in my opinion.

Pell?

True, but I think they were quite different cases, Pells was a retrial based on the evidence of the first shown on film wasnt it, he never personally participated in fact did he even make any statement in the first? not sure?

Anyway Jarratts seemed much shorter and simpler I thought but good point though Aussie!

Whatever......in basic terms it was one person's word against another.  In criminal cases, proof must be beyond a reasonable doubt.  How on this Earth can anyone one of us be confident of proof to that degree when it is one on one.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 4:14pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 3:41pm:
Now he is suing for defamation.  Not sure I would have advised him to do that so early.

Link.

If they reported the facts and only the facts without impugning his character......

Did they splash Lurid Headlines about with Gaye Abandon?

John Jarratt Rapist of Young girl, now Finally Charged - After 40 Years!!!

FINALLY - Justice for Teenage Victim of John Jarratt!!!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 4:19pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 9:44am:

I never said he was a rapist although I suspect he is....Being an ass hole is not a crime but being able to call an ass hole an ass hole is my right....You can defend the dickhead all you want....Says a lot about you mate when you call out people for having a different opinion as an emotional response....He is a scum bag mate!!!

It was your use of the term 'right wing wankers' that gave your emotional state away... nobody has to be a 'right wing' anything to simply state facts....

Where on Earth would you get the idea that I'm 'right wing' anything?  And when did I abrogate your right to call him an asshole?  I merely said that being an asshole had no political affiliation... but you're in Faroffwa, aren't you?  Look at the prize penises voted into Parliament from out that way...   Cool

You may re-read what I posted at your leisure - and then come back with a coherent and unemotional reply ...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #41 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 4:23pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 4:14pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 3:41pm:

Link.

If they reported the facts and only the facts without impugning his character......

Did they splash Lurid Headlines about with Gaye Abandon?

John Jarratt Rapist of Young girl, now Finally Charged - After 40 Years!!!

FINALLY - Justice for Teenage Victim of John Jarratt!!!

Did they?  You tell me...with some links.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #42 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 4:43pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 4:19pm:

It was your use of the term 'right wing wankers' that gave your emotional state away... nobody has to be a 'right wing' anything to simply state facts....

Where on Earth would you get the idea that I'm 'right wing' anything?  And when did I abrogate your right to call him an asshole?  I merely said that being an asshole had no political affiliation... but you're in Faroffwa, aren't you?  Look at the prize penises voted into Parliament from out that way...   Cool

You may re-read what I posted at your leisure - and then come back with a coherent and unemotional reply ...

Jarratt is an ass hole and you defend him....Sook!!!

Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 4:53pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 4:43pm:

Cry Cry Cry

As you should be aware he wasn't on trial for screwing his "roommate" ...

he was on trial for "rape".

He was found not guilty after 15 mins deliberation

so his name has been dragged through the mud.

He has a right to seek redress

If it can be found that the accusations of rape were false & the boot then ends up on the other foot ..... the accusers.

And sanctimonious twerps like yourself have to eat your words.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #44 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 4:58pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 4:53pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 4:43pm:

Cry Cry Cry

As you should be aware he wasn't on trial for screwing his "roommate" ...

he was on trial for "rape".

He was found not guilty after 15 mins deliberation

so his name has been dragged through the mud.

He has a right to seek redress

If it can be found that the accusations of rape were false & the boot then ends up on the other foot ..... the accusers.

And sanctimonious twerps like yourself have to eat your words.

What words are they....I called him an ass hole not a rapist....Making crap up again???

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print