Folau vs Yassmin (Read 30812 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Folau vs Yassmin
Reply #450 - Aug 4th, 2019 at 6:57pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 4th, 2019 at 6:17pm:
freediver wrote on Aug 4th, 2019 at 1:32pm:
So pretty much any company could refuse to hire someone, or fire someone, based on them posting mindless collective of treacherous Jews memes on the internet?

Why not?

Since when has it been deemed unfair or improper for a company to take into account a candidate's public conduct before deciding to employ them?

That's why people are very reluctant to hire anyone called Mohammed, Abdul, Jihad or anyone overtly Mohammedan??

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #451 - Aug 4th, 2019 at 9:03pm

Frank wrote on Aug 4th, 2019 at 6:57pm:
So pretty much any company could refuse to hire someone, or fire someone, based on them posting mindless collective of treacherous Jews memes on the internet?

Why not?

Since when has it been deemed unfair or improper for a company to take into account a candidate's public conduct before deciding to employ them?

That's why people are very reluctant to hire anyone called Mohammed, Abdul, Jihad or anyone overtly Mohammedan??

Oh? So the oft cited higher rate for unemployment amongst the Arabic community is a direct result of discrimination and not because they are all lay welfare cheats?

Thanks for clearing that up.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #452 - Aug 4th, 2019 at 9:16pm

mothra wrote on Aug 4th, 2019 at 9:03pm:

Why not?

Oh? So the oft cited higher rate for unemployment amongst the Arabic community is a direct result of discrimination and not because they are all lay welfare cheats?

Both. They lie, cheat, and play victim.

Oily liars.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #453 - Aug 4th, 2019 at 9:25pm

Why not?

Since all sorts of anti-discrimination laws came into place. Your employer is no longer allowed to fire you for hanging out in a gay bar, going to a mosque, attending a political protest, or blaming victims of genocide for their own demise on account of them being a mindless collective of treacherous Jews (so long as you clan blame it on your religion of course.)

Quote:
Depending entirely on what their terms of employment are, and how they interpret that.

It previously depending on a public political stance made by the company. You even pointed out that you were very clear on the conditions. Have they changed?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #454 - Aug 4th, 2019 at 9:29pm

Frank wrote on Aug 4th, 2019 at 9:16pm:

Why not?

Oily liars.

How could it be both? They naturally cancel each other out.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #455 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 12:28am

mothra wrote on Aug 4th, 2019 at 9:29pm:

Why not?

Oily liars.

Not necessarily - some lead multiple lives and multiple wives....   Huh

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #456 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 12:42am

Why not?

Oily liars.

Naturally cancel each other out or compound each other?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #457 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 5:00am

Setanta wrote on Aug 5th, 2019 at 12:42am:

Why not?

Oily liars.

Naturally cancel each other out or compound each other?

Are you suggesting that prejudice is a self-fulfilling prophesy? Heaven forfend!

Or perhaps you misunderstand the premise?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #458 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 10:03am

freediver wrote on Aug 4th, 2019 at 9:25pm:

Why not?

Since all sorts of anti-discrimination laws came into place. Your employer is no longer allowed to fire you for hanging out in a gay bar, going to a mosque, attending a political protest, or blaming victims of genocide for their own demise on account of them being a mindless collective of treacherous Jews (so long as you clan blame it on your religion of course.)

None of which involves repeatedly breaching the terms of a signed code of conduct on a public platform like twitter. You're right, employers can't fire you for being gay or muslim - but they can fire you for publicly expressing hate speech - if you signed a contract/code of conduct promising you wouldn't express hate speech. Even if such expression is somehow a vital part of your religious beliefs. You wouldn't and don't dispute an employers right to sack one of their employees for publicly calling for jews to be gassed in ovens - not even if its stated specifically as their religious belief.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #459 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 10:58am

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 5th, 2019 at 10:03am:
freediver wrote on Aug 4th, 2019 at 9:25pm:

Why not?

None of which involves repeatedly breaching the terms of a signed code of conduct on a public platform like twitter. You're right, employers can't fire you for being gay or muslim - but they can fire you for publicly expressing hate speech - if you signed a contract/code of conduct promising you wouldn't express hate speech. Even if such expression is somehow a vital part of your religious beliefs. You wouldn't and don't dispute an employers right to sack one of their employees for publicly calling for jews to be gassed in ovens - not even if its stated specifically as their religious belief.

And it's amazing how broad the brush of the left is when it comes to what actually constitutes "hate speech".  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #460 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 11:11am

has anyone noticed the more LAWS we bring in the more angry people are getting.??

or should that be "anti"...I have never seen such [ugly] talk on any forum as we see today.

the language some use is so full of hate and aggression  yet I wonder if they have actually had to deal with anything that comes close to what they describe in a personal way.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I will be honest   I dont believe I have ever met a muslim  and I dont believe I need any LAW to tell me how to behave let alone what to think...

no law will stop peoples attitude...if someone makes up their mind about a certain group  then calling them names like racist wont change their way of thinking  it will in fact make them worse...Labels and Laws do bugger all.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #461 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 12:03pm

cods wrote on Aug 5th, 2019 at 11:11am:
has anyone noticed the more LAWS we bring in the more angry people are getting.??

or should that be "anti"...I have never seen such [ugly] talk on any forum as we see today.

the language some use is so full of hate and aggression  yet I wonder if they have actually had to deal with anything that comes close to what they describe in a personal way.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I will be honest   I dont believe I have ever met a muslim  and I dont believe I need any LAW to tell me how to behave let alone what to think...

no law will stop peoples attitude...if someone makes up their mind about a certain group  then calling them names like racist wont change their way of thinking  it will in fact make them worse...Labels and Laws do bugger all.

Well said, cods... name-calling will only make things worse and invite a negative response.

Call me a homophobe for disagreeing with some tenet of the Gay faith, and I will say:- "then Falc the poofs!" etc.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #462 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 12:08pm

Virtue-signalling, innit. Some people love laws - especially laws that don't do anything. Laws to send tinted criminals BACK TO WHERE THEY CAME FROM or do background checks for tinted immigrants are rather popular, despite the fact that these are already laws and policies.

Another popular one is stopping tinted immigrants getting the dole and public housing. How very dare they? My friend had to wait 20 years for a Housing Commission flat and these Gollywogs move straight in!

Alas, dear, immigrants are not eligible for the dole or public housing, but that doesn't stop the virtue-signallers getting all mixed up.

You?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #463 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 5:10pm

Quote:
has anyone noticed the more LAWS we bring in the more angry right wing people are getting.

fixed it for you cods

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #464 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 5:50pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 5th, 2019 at 12:03pm:

Well said, cods... name-calling will only make things worse and invite a negative response.

Call me a homophobe for disagreeing with some tenet of the Gay faith, and I will say:- "then Falc the poofs!" etc.

its the rage that gets me...its getting uglier dont you think?...

I dont think its a good thing to use a minority group as a weapon against others.....to me thats small minded

being Gay is no one business these days  and from what I read about them  they are neither violent towards other groups....or demean other groups .. they are a pretty harmless minority as far as i am concerned  I would rather people left them alone...

Folau has chosen to use them as an example of badness  as if they have chosen the  path that will lead them to hell... what a hide he has got..he has an even bigger hide to call himself a Christian..

.what about Lepers   will they go to hell as well?  after all they too are different.. Angry Angry Angry and in a place they didnt choose...

come on grap

nothing to fear but far itself... sumthing like that

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 
Send Topic Print