Send Topic Print
Folau vs Yassmin (Read 30550 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Folau vs Yassmin
Reply #405 - Aug 3rd, 2019 at 10:57pm

You are so obsessed with making this about me and my personal beliefs FD, you totally forgot to address the actual point. Again.

For the record, if a muslim worked for an organisation that expressely strove to make their public image one of standing up against anti-semitism - then I reckon it would be perfectly fine and proper for them to sack him if he repeatedly went on social media to say that jews are a mindless collective with no individual personality. Especially so if they had gone to the trouble of warning him the first time he did it that he would be sacked if he continued doing it.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #406 - Aug 3rd, 2019 at 11:01pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 3rd, 2019 at 10:57pm:
You are so obsessed with making this about me and my personal beliefs FD, you totally forgot to address the actual point. Again.

For the record, if a muslim worked for an organisation that expressely strove to make their public image one of standing up against anti-semitism - then I reckon it would be perfectly fine and proper for them to sack him if he repeatedly went on social media to say that jews are a mindless collective with no individual personality. Especially so if they had gone to the trouble of warning him the first time he did it that he would be sacked if he continued doing it.

Thanks for bringing that up Gandalf.

What about a Muslim who was employed to mop the floors in a motel. Do you think it would be OK to fire such a Muslim who posted online about mindless collectives of treacherous Jews?

Or do Muslims not do that sort of work in the first place?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #407 - Aug 3rd, 2019 at 11:23pm

You are starting to go into raving mode FD.

The pre-conditions I set out are eminently clear and self-explanatory. Snide little digs at muslims disguised as legitimate inquiry don't conceal your ducking and weaving of the actual point here.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #408 - Aug 3rd, 2019 at 11:30pm

Would followers of Islam be pretty much unemployable if all employers made it part of their code of conduct that people who wanted Jews pushed into the sea would not be hired?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #409 - Aug 3rd, 2019 at 11:39pm

Setanta wrote on Aug 3rd, 2019 at 11:30pm:

Would followers of Islam be pretty much unemployable if all employers made it part of their code of conduct that people who wanted Jews pushed into the sea would not be hired?

No Setanta, and such snarkiness is unbecoming of you. Best leave the snide Islamophobic digs to FD and co.

Quote:

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #410 - Aug 3rd, 2019 at 11:50pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 3rd, 2019 at 11:39pm:
Setanta wrote on Aug 3rd, 2019 at 11:30pm:

No Setanta, and such snarkiness is unbecoming of you. Best leave the snide digs at muslims to FD and co.

It's not snarky. Moslems generally seek to see Israel returned to Islam. I've said I don't agree with legal religious discrimination. If my job does not interfere with what they teach I should be able to be employed by them. Computers are not religious hence I should be able to work in a religious school. I personally have no problem with people of other faiths working in schools as long as they accept the teaching of the school.

Religious people don't tend to share my point of view and that is why I'm asking you, should Muslims(or anyone) be banned employment because they don't hold the views of their employers. We do know Islam sees Israel as occupied territory and seeks it's annulment. Is it OK to deny people employment if they hold that belief. We have Jewish own big companies, should they be able to deny employment to people who seek their destruction? If employers took that position, would Moslems be unemployable?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #411 - Aug 4th, 2019 at 12:00am

Setanta wrote on Aug 3rd, 2019 at 11:50pm:
It's not snarky.

Bullshit. You literally implied that all muslims want to wipe out the jewish race.

Its about as offensive as you can get. On a par with FD's "all muslims support genocide" (direct quote by the way).

Religious people don't tend to share my point of view and that is why I'm asking you

Try asking me in a less bigoted and offensive way if you expect a serious response.

Quote:

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #412 - Aug 4th, 2019 at 12:05am

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 4th, 2019 at 12:00am:
It's not snarky.

Bullshit. You literally implied that all muslims want to wipe out the jewish race.

Its about as offensive as you can get. On a par with FD's "all muslims support genocide" (direct quote by the way).

Religious people don't tend to share my point of view and that is why I'm asking you

Try asking me in a less bigoted and offensive way if you expect a serious response.

Perhaps you could answer it as if I didn't do what you claim, give it a go. What is the second most holy site to Islam and where is it? Are you saying Islam does not want to have control of it and the lands it conquered and claimed?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #413 - Aug 4th, 2019 at 12:27am

Quote:
Are you saying Islam does not want to have control of it and the lands it conquered and claimed?

Thats exactly what I'm saying. The vast majority of muslims don't give a flying faark who controls the Al Aqsa Mosque sentanta - and only slightly fewer wouldn't even know what it is. You are just stereotyping muslims as some mindless collective who only ever think about such obscure political issues that have precisely zero relevance to almost every muslim's actual day to day life.

e do know Islam sees Israel as occupied territory and seeks it's annulment. Is it OK to deny people employment if they hold that belief. We have Jewish own big companies, should they be able to deny employment to people who seek their destruction? If employers took that position, would Moslems be unemployable?

Obviously the premise of your question is absurd and offensive - as I've mentioned already. But as to the general principle, if a company really did employ someone who was actively trying to undermine and even destroy it - it should go without saying they should be able to sack them. And call the police while their at it.

Quote:

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #414 - Aug 4th, 2019 at 12:43am

If what you say is true, the second most holy place to Islam is not cared about and little known, is it only religious/political leaders that care? Do people even listen to them? I've watched docos showing both sides and I'm not convinced by either not having a dog in the fight. Why do you think they don't care when it is a part of their religion? Is not having it in the hands of their enemies/unbelievers a blasphemy? Do they care about the black stone? Are unbelievers allowed to get anywhere near it? Is the Haj still a thing or do most not give a shyte?

I'm not religious, I don't understand how you people think. If you want me to have any idea of what you are on about I can only look at what you say and do and generally it's not that good. And I suppose as questions you see as stupid. Such is the life of the unbeliever.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #415 - Aug 4th, 2019 at 12:49am

You'll notice FD ran off without answering your question, G, followed by the appearance of Setanta, who steered you into their cunning campaign against that all-time mindless collective the Muselman, right?

Freeeeedom, innit.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #416 - Aug 4th, 2019 at 12:54am

Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 4th, 2019 at 12:49am:
You'll notice FD ran off without answering your question, G, followed by the appearance of Setanta, who steered you into their cunning campaign against the Muselman, right?

Freeeeedom, innit.

I'm FD's sock obviously K. Occam's razor, init.

I think FD and I differ though, I don't like any religion. Why do people choose to be slaves?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #417 - Aug 4th, 2019 at 1:05am

Setanta wrote on Aug 4th, 2019 at 12:54am:
You'll notice FD ran off without answering your question, G, followed by the appearance of Setanta, who steered you into their cunning campaign against the Muselman, right?

Freeeeedom, innit.

I think FD and I differ though, I don't like any religion. Why do people choose to be slaves?

Perhaps they don't consider themselves as you consider them?

In any event, you don't want it explained to you. No explanation would suffice. You simply want to sit in judgement.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #418 - Aug 4th, 2019 at 1:07am

Setanta wrote on Aug 4th, 2019 at 12:54am:

Freeeeedom, innit.

Oh, I think you like some religions more that others, Setanta.

Why do some people choose to be tinted?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #419 - Aug 4th, 2019 at 1:09am

Setanta wrote on Aug 4th, 2019 at 12:43am:
If what you say is true, the second most holy place to Islam is not cared about and little known, is it only religious/political leaders that care? Do people even listen to them?

Tell me Set, do you reckon an impoverished housemaid in Indonesia spends all her days fretting over the status of the Al Aqsa Mosque? I've been to Friday mosque sermons for the best part of 15 years now, and I must say I can't recall a single instance in which the status of the mosque has been mentioned. Not once.

But even if you were right, and we really are obsessing over how to get Al Aqsa back under the control of Islam - why does this necessarily equate to wanting genocide of the jews?

Setanta wrote on Aug 4th, 2019 at 12:43am:
If you want me to have any idea of what you are on about I can only look at what you say and do and generally it's not that good.

You demonstrably have no idea what actual muslims say and do.

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 33
Send Topic Print