Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Folau vs Yassmin
Reply #330 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:26pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:11pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:09pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:48pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:44pm:
Does that mean he was not fired for his religious views John? In other words, are you telling a lie, or just giving us meaningless obfuscation?

He was fired for breaching his code of conduct FD.

Do you need me to repeat it for you again?

Let me try to dumb it down for you. Was Folau fired for expressing his religious views?

Let me try to dumb it down for you. He was fired for breaching his code of conduct.
And the fact that Joyce threatened to pull QANTAS sponsorship.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #331 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:30pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:20pm:
Does that mean he was not fired for his religious views John? In other words, are you telling a lie, or just giving us meaningless obfuscation?

Let me try to dumb it down for you. Was Folau fired for expressing his religious views?

Effendi...what do you reckon about this provision in a Contract?  Enforceable?

Quote:
Do not use sexual orientation to flame or to try to put someone down.

Rugby Australia Code of Conduct

Rugby Australia Code of Conduct  9

3 CODE OF CONDUCT – ADMINISTRATORS, OFFICERS OF A RUGBY BODY
3.1 The safety, health and welfare of players comes first.  Be aware of, and always comply with, the Rugby AU Safety Policies and Guidelines and be alert to minimise dangerous or foul play.
3.2 Treat everyone equally regardless of gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, cultural or religious background, age or disability. Any form of bullying, harassment or discrimination has no place in Rugby.

Doesn't look like it.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #332 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:32pm

Quote:
You write bad things on the www. Should you be fired for it?

Yes.....if you posted it in such a way as associates your employer with it.

Quote:
Some of the stuff that has come out of your head is 1,000 worse than burning in hell comments.

Like what?

Quote:
Signing up for a work contract shouldn't mean that it's restricts what you can write about your religion in your spare time. That's slavery.

I don't agree with your premise, but the final point is......don't sign up.  Don't take the cash.

Quote:
This Rugby Union contract has stepped way beyond the bounds of individual civil liberties.

Again, I don't agree with your premise.....but, all Folau had to do was decline the $M4.  Simple stuff.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #333 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 10:43pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:25pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:59pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 7:41pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 7:22pm:
Quote:
That is not what is happening. The law forbids firing people for their religious views. Employers can still have plenty of say outside of that. You can probably still get fired for trashing your boss on facebook.

There you go yet again with a cute little nuanced tapdance, avoiding the facts and instead overlaying a non-existent circumstance.  He was not fired for being a 'Christian.'

He was fired because he said what his book of fables said. Such is the life a "believer".

Indeed.  Don't sign up to receive $M4 in exchange for keeping your book of fables out of the www if you want to keep the $M4 at the cost of NOT posting the fables.

As I have said before.....I 'employ' one moderate Bible Basher.  He knows, because I have told him, that if he preaches to the people in my Cab, I will take him out of the Cab.  He was very quick to tell me that he would never do that.  He is a great driver, bloody good bloke and earns excellent money for himself.

There is another called The Preacher.  He was begging me to give him a drive.  I always declined because the first thing he does in the Car owned by the Cab Licence holder is adorn it with God Bothering baubles.  I don't care that he believes.  I simply do not want him to take advantage of the exposure to the public which I provide him, to push his schit.

Same thing RA/Folau.

You write bad things on the www. Should you be fired for it? Some of the stuff that has come out of your head is 1,000 worse than burning in hell comments. Signing up for a work contract shouldn't mean that it's restricts what you can write about your religion in your spare time. That's slavery. This Rugby Union contract has stepped way beyond the bounds of individual civil liberties.

Aussie's not posting under his name, Homo.

You?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #334 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 10:46pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 7:41pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 7:22pm:
Quote:
That is not what is happening. The law forbids firing people for their religious views. Employers can still have plenty of say outside of that. You can probably still get fired for trashing your boss on facebook.

There you go yet again with a cute little nuanced tapdance, avoiding the facts and instead overlaying a non-existent circumstance.  He was not fired for being a 'Christian.'

He was fired because he said what his book of fables said. Such is the life a "believer".

So cute to see you sticking up for the believers, dear. Where does Folou's book of fables say what Folou said?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #335 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 10:48pm

Did you ban JS for his views, FD?

Or for disagreeing with yours?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #336 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 10:49pm

freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 6:41pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 12:56pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 7:56am:
There are plenty of inalienable rights that you cannot sign away in a contract. Otherwise all our employment laws would be paper tigers. Hence terms like illegal and unenforceable clauses. If there was a real ex-lawyer in the house they would have no trouble explaining.

Aussie thinks it is legal in Australia to put clauses in your contract that allow you to rape your employees. No wonder he thinks Folau is screwed.

It is unreasonable to dictate to employers that they have no say in how their employees can conduct themselves on public forums FD.

Can you be banned for being a jellyfish?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #337 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 8:17am

Let me try to dumb it down for you. He was fired for breaching his code of conduct.

Why do the homofascists act like this? A simple yes or no will suffice John, if you are not too scared of being honest for once. Was Folau fired for expressing his religious views?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #338 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 8:37am

A far better comparison would be between Israel Folau and that fat chick in Malbadishu who wanted to burn the nation down over 'Indigenous rights'....

Did she cop the sack from her public-funded jobs for making inflammatory and frankly violent statements in public?  Or does she have too many brownie points for being part-Aboriginal, a sheila, and weight enhanced and thus somewhat disabled?

As John Jarratt said about why that 'case' even went before a court - the DPP people are so frightened of not appearing to 'stand up for the rights of the victim' that they'll throw such a thing to a court and thus wash their hands of any responsibility.. and they do that without a single care for the real victim. 

In that case, they'd never sack the fat bint because of the bad press that the screechers would generate about 'discrimination', 'racism' and so forth..   Grin  Grin  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #339 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 8:45am

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 10:48pm:

Did you ban JS for his views, FD?

Or for disagreeing with yours?

JS bears full responsibility for his own abuse of other users.. if he were not such good comedy material and so easy to poke a stick at, he'd be reported on a daily basis...

Now if only he would come up with a sensible response to any other post for a change.... but like ever so many, he mistakes blindlly adhering to any 'poor me' issue for being on the side of the angels and as if it's some kind of holy writ, and lacks the mental capacity to actually consider it in full and then discuss it like a reasonable human being.

For example, he blindly accepts any 'issue' raised by our Indigenous brethren, without a moment's thought for the often dire impact on others of such endless demands, and he is quite incapable of discussing with equanimity the reality that those who often make the decisions in favour of these demands, do so from a position of fear of an adverse response and vicious name-calling unless they do.

One hint of the word 'racist' etc, and they run and hide and give to Kaffirs/Mussos/Gays/Mentals/feminists (no capital intended as a sign of contempt) anything they demand or even might demand.

BTW - who was it that ever gave those bodies the right to dispense with our rights and our land and so forth, without so much as a by-you-leave from We, The People?

How about a blanket decree of NO right now - a total moratorium on any claims from these groups - and then we'll start again from the bottom with a full review of all those claims going back twenty-five years or so?

Money better spent than just continuing to hand out everything to losers on demand.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #340 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 8:46am

freediver wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 8:17am:

Why do the homofascists act like this? A simple yes or no will suffice John, if you are not too scared of being honest for once. Was Folau fired for expressing his religious views?

Was JS banned for not saying what you want?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #341 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 8:47am

freediver wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 8:17am:

Smithy is incapable of reasoned discussion and of even answering a question.... we retain his services for comedy value and to give us a little diversion, through having someone  to poke a stick at...

A very sad reflection on our better style of Italian import .... and clear evidence of the need to impose provisional citizenship, perhaps, on that evidence, for three generations, so as to ensure Australian Purity...

BTW - dual citizens should get half pension and unemployment benefits etc.... bit hard to pick up social security when  you're straddling a barbed wire fence or sitting on a high ethnic horse ....

About time to bring the meat of the situation to them in full... same as many another 'issue' doing the rounds....
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2019 at 11:31am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #342 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 8:49am

FD didn't ban JS for abuse, dear.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #343 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 11:27am

**shick, schik.. BOOM ...

― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #344 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 11:35am

No.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 33
Send Topic Print