John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Folau vs Yassmin
Reply #315 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 4:56pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 3:40pm:
Valkie wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 3:36pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:35pm:
Haven't yet met a person who says an individual's personal views somehow reflect on the good name of the company they work for...

People just consider it to be their personal view, unless it is an extreme like gassing Jews or something....scarcely any comparison with a religious view that harms nobody.....now if Israel Folau had said that unless homos and drunks etc mend their ways  his religious sect would be chopping off their heads after committing them to flames or that his religious observance meant banning anyone else outside the group from 40km of coastline etc..... and he would be first in line with the flaming brand and the goon squads banning the access to the beach for thousands...

You mean like....oh I don't know.....
Behead all who insult Islam, Muhammid,  etc etc?
Or kill all infidels?
Or murder all jews?

Or is this type of cultish freedom acceptable, as long as it's Muzzo?

I'll bet that if any Rugby player posted that stuff under their real name....they'd have their contract ripped up.

And I'd also bet the hypocrites crying about freedom of speech would still not be satisfied, and would demand blood as well.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #316 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 5:12pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 4:56pm:
And I'd also bet the hypocrites crying about freedom of speech would still not be satisfied, and would demand blood as well

There could be some virtue and value in what you suggest here, Smith - perhaps I've been underestimating you ...

Which group do you want chopped first?  Feminists?  Abos?  Mussos?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #317 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 5:15pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 4:54pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 2:04pm:
My position has always been consistent, employers have no place dictating what any one does with their own social media albeit they can proscribe posting about that employment, and I hope that a court will affirm that.

So if you had staff and they posted something that cost your business, or had the potential to cost it, hundreds of thousands in revenue, you wouldn't act?

A personal religious view can do all that?

Who'd 've thunk it?

You still haven't answered how it could possibly cost RA for Folau to make a religious statement based on personal belief.... I don't see the diehard Rugby fans staying away....... but then ... we all know you limit your statements to anything that will seek to bring down the other poster.... can't rely on your for any supporting fact or anything....

When and where has this ever happened?  You know - this terrible outcome for a business from a private post in own time by an employee?  The poofs not going to Rugby matches?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #318 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 6:17pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 4:56pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 3:40pm:
Valkie wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 3:36pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:35pm:
Haven't yet met a person who says an individual's personal views somehow reflect on the good name of the company they work for...

People just consider it to be their personal view, unless it is an extreme like gassing Jews or something....scarcely any comparison with a religious view that harms nobody.....now if Israel Folau had said that unless homos and drunks etc mend their ways  his religious sect would be chopping off their heads after committing them to flames or that his religious observance meant banning anyone else outside the group from 40km of coastline etc..... and he would be first in line with the flaming brand and the goon squads banning the access to the beach for thousands...

You mean like....oh I don't know.....
Behead all who insult Islam, Muhammid,  etc etc?
Or kill all infidels?
Or murder all jews?

Or is this type of cultish freedom acceptable, as long as it's Muzzo?

I'll bet that if any Rugby player posted that stuff under their real name....they'd have their contract ripped up.

And I'd also bet the hypocrites crying about freedom of speech would still not be satisfied, and would demand blood as well.

I don't know if you include me in that but to me it's not an issue of freedom of speech, it's freedom of religious expression. I'm not religious in any way but that freedom of religious expression is something everyone should have if any have it. It'd make me enormously happy if we didn't have to deal with religious views, but we do.

As I have said before, I have no idea why people that don't follow that faith get all torn up when someone expresses what their religion states. Sure call it out for the crap it is but to carry on like he personally has lit the fires of his supposed hell and pitchforking poofs, atheists, drunkards, etc, etc is just crap. He's just stating what his worthless book says. It doesn't offend me that I'm on his god's list.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #319 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 6:41pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 12:56pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 7:56am:
There are plenty of inalienable rights that you cannot sign away in a contract. Otherwise all our employment laws would be paper tigers. Hence terms like illegal and unenforceable clauses. If there was a real ex-lawyer in the house they would have no trouble explaining.

Aussie thinks it is legal in Australia to put clauses in your contract that allow you to rape your employees. No wonder he thinks Folau is screwed.

It is unreasonable to dictate to employers that they have no say in how their employees can conduct themselves on public forums FD.

That is not what is happening. The law forbids firing people for their religious views. Employers can still have plenty of say outside of that. You can probably still get fired for trashing your boss on facebook.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #320 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 7:22pm

Quote:
That is not what is happening. The law forbids firing people for their religious views. Employers can still have plenty of say outside of that. You can probably still get fired for trashing your boss on facebook.

There you go yet again with a cute little nuanced tapdance, avoiding the facts and instead overlaying a non-existent circumstance.  He was not fired for being a 'Christian.'

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #321 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 7:41pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 7:22pm:
Quote:

There you go yet again with a cute little nuanced tapdance, avoiding the facts and instead overlaying a non-existent circumstance.  He was not fired for being a 'Christian.'

He was fired because he said what his book of fables said. Such is the life a "believer".

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #322 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 7:53pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 7:41pm:
Quote:

He was fired because he said what his book of fables said. Such is the life a "believer".

he was fired because he breached the code of conduct he agreed to in exchange for $4m

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #323 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:44pm

Does that mean he was not fired for his religious views John? In other words, are you telling a lie, or just giving us meaningless obfuscation?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #324 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:48pm

freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:44pm:
Does that mean he was not fired for his religious views John? In other words, are you telling a lie, or just giving us meaningless obfuscation?

He was fired for breaching his code of conduct FD.

Do you need me to repeat it for you again?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #325 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:59pm

Quote:

Indeed.  Don't sign up to receive $M4 in exchange for keeping your book of fables out of the www if you want to keep the $M4 at the cost of NOT posting the fables.

As I have said before.....I 'employ' one moderate Bible Basher.  He knows, because I have told him, that if he preaches to the people in my Cab, I will take him out of the Cab.  He was very quick to tell me that he would never do that.  He is a great driver, bloody good bloke and earns excellent money for himself.

There is another called The Preacher.  He was begging me to give him a drive.  I always declined because the first thing he does in the Car owned by the Cab Licence holder is adorn it with God Bothering baubles.  I don't care that he believes.  I simply do not want him to take advantage of the exposure to the public which I provide him, to push his schit.

Same thing RA/Folau.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #326 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:09pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:48pm:

Let me try to dumb it down for you. Was Folau fired for expressing his religious views?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #327 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:11pm

freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:09pm:

Let me try to dumb it down for you. Was Folau fired for expressing his religious views?

Let me try to dumb it down for you. He was fired for breaching his code of conduct.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #328 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:20pm

freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:09pm:

Effendi...what do you reckon about this provision in a Contract?  Enforceable?

Quote:
Do not use sexual orientation to flame or to try to put someone down.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #329 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:25pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:59pm:
Quote:

Indeed.  Don't sign up to receive $M4 in exchange for keeping your book of fables out of the www if you want to keep the $M4 at the cost of NOT posting the fables.

As I have said before.....I 'employ' one moderate Bible Basher.  He knows, because I have told him, that if he preaches to the people in my Cab, I will take him out of the Cab.  He was very quick to tell me that he would never do that.  He is a great driver, bloody good bloke and earns excellent money for himself.

There is another called The Preacher.  He was begging me to give him a drive.  I always declined because the first thing he does in the Car owned by the Cab Licence holder is adorn it with God Bothering baubles.  I don't care that he believes.  I simply do not want him to take advantage of the exposure to the public which I provide him, to push his schit.

Same thing RA/Folau.

You write bad things on the www. Should you be fired for it? Some of the stuff that has come out of your head is 1,000 worse than burning in hell comments. Signing up for a work contract shouldn't mean that it's restricts what you can write about your religion in your spare time. That's slavery. This Rugby Union contract has stepped way beyond the bounds of individual civil liberties.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 33
Send Topic Print