Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33
Send Topic Print
Folau vs Yassmin (Read 30579 times)
Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Folau vs Yassmin
Reply #300 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:08pm

I would have expected a bunch of lefty unionist types to be keen to limit the authority and reach of an employer into private life, but instead, it’s been almost the exact opposite.

Not enough privilege points Folau, if only you had been darker and Muslim... and not a bogan sportsman.  Smiley

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #301 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:15pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:02pm:
If they are not displaying/using any company/ employer identification & in their own time in private ......... then why should an employer dictate what you say in your private life on a public forum that has nothing to do with your workplace?

If it costs your employer customers, he has every right to act. Whether you have the company logo on your facebook page or not is irrelevant. Whilst you are an employee of theirs, you represent the company. 

Are you going to argue that if you had staff and they posted something that cost you, or had the potential to cost you, hundreds of thousands in revenue, you wouldn't act? Pull the other one. Most of you wouldn't even give him a warning or a second chance.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #302 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:31pm

gnads, when your employer specifically markets themselves as an anti homophobic organisation, and regularly makes PR promotions supporting gay rights - then suddenly being homophobic has everything to do with your workplace.

This is a point the critics seems unable to grasp - the fact that being employed by RA includes a lot more responsibilities than merely playing Rugby well.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #303 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:35pm

Haven't yet met a person who says an individual's personal views somehow reflect on the good name of the company they work for...

People just consider it to be their personal view, unless it is an extreme like gassing Jews or something....scarcely any comparison with a religious view that harms nobody.....now if Israel Folau had said that unless homos and drunks etc mend their ways  his religious sect would be chopping off their heads after committing them to flames or that his religious observance meant banning anyone else outside the group from 40km of coastline etc..... and he would be first in line with the flaming brand and the goon squads banning the access to the beach for thousands...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #304 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:36pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:08pm:
I would have expected a bunch of lefty unionist types to be keen to limit the authority and reach of an employer into private life, but instead, it’s been almost the exact opposite.

Not enough privilege points Folau, if only you had been darker and Muslim... and not a bogan sportsman.  Smiley

If you took your partisan cap off for just one second secret, you would see where the glaring hypocricy lies-  and its not with the 'lefty unionist types'. Its actually the topic of this thread - comparing Folau and Yassmin - and the rank hypocricy of people like Eric Abetz who called for Yassmin's head for a tweet, then cries 'attack on freedom' when RA goes and does to Folau what they were demanding of Yassmin.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #305 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:38pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:15pm:
If they are not displaying/using any company/ employer identification & in their own time in private ......... then why should an employer dictate what you say in your private life on a public forum that has nothing to do with your workplace?

If it costs your employer customers, he has every right to act. Whether you have the company logo on your facebook page or not is irrelevant. Whilst you are an employee of theirs, you represent the company. 

Are you going to argue that if you had staff and they posted something that cost you, or had the potential to cost you, hundreds of thousands in revenue, you wouldn't act? Pull the other one. Most of you wouldn't even give him a warning or a second chance.

So now people are going to flood to stay away from Rugby because Israel Folau said that sinners would burn in hell?

I doubt it.... Rugby fans are more likely to show up with pitch-forks and wave banners saying "Burn in Hell, All Blacks!" and so forth.... or even take the piss out of Israel...  "Give 'Em Hell, Izzie!"  "God is on Our Side!" .....  Grin  Grin  Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #306 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:42pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:38pm:
So now people are going to flood to stay away from Rugby because Israel Folau said that sinners would burn in hell?

No, the sponsors are the ones they are worried about.

QANTAS is their main backer I believe, and they were said to be putting pressure on RA.

Quote:

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #307 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 2:04pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:36pm:

If you took your partisan cap off for just one second secret, you would see where the glaring hypocricy lies-  and its not with the 'lefty unionist types'. Its actually the topic of this thread - comparing Folau and Yassmin - and the rank hypocricy of people like Eric Abetz who called for Yassmin's head for a tweet, then cries 'attack on freedom' when RA goes and does to Folau what they were demanding of Yassmin.

My position has always been consistent, employers have no place dictating what any one does with their own social media albeit they can proscribe posting about that employment, and I hope that a court will affirm that.

And my partisan cap remains, the forum clowns who would ordinarily revolt against an employer dictating what an employee can post on their own social media have weighed up the privilege points and found for ...the employer.   Being a Christian is trumps obviously.  Roll Eyes

Cos a contract.  Even with Sally McManus pointing the way they still find themselves wid da man. Bring back grapes of wrath employment contracts cos the clowns here have rolled over.

Eric Abetz can speak for himself.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #308 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 2:09pm

Folou is hardly receiving an award wage, dear. He has a contract, with highly-paid agents and lawyers.

You?

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #309 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 2:13pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 2:09pm:

Folou is hardly receiving an award wage, dear. He has a contract, with highly-paid agents and lawyers.

You?

Me what?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #310 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 3:36pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:35pm:
Haven't yet met a person who says an individual's personal views somehow reflect on the good name of the company they work for...

People just consider it to be their personal view, unless it is an extreme like gassing Jews or something....scarcely any comparison with a religious view that harms nobody.....now if Israel Folau had said that unless homos and drunks etc mend their ways  his religious sect would be chopping off their heads after committing them to flames or that his religious observance meant banning anyone else outside the group from 40km of coastline etc..... and he would be first in line with the flaming brand and the goon squads banning the access to the beach for thousands...

You mean like....oh I don't know.....
Behead all who insult Islam, Muhammid,  etc etc?
Or kill all infidels?
Or murder all jews?

Or is this type of cultish freedom acceptable, as long as it's Muzzo?

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #311 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 3:40pm

Valkie wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 3:36pm:

Or kill all infidels?
Or murder all jews?

I'll bet that if any Rugby player posted that stuff under their real name....they'd have their contract ripped up.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #312 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 4:52pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:38pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:15pm:

I doubt it.... Rugby fans are more likely to show up with pitch-forks and wave banners saying "Burn in Hell, All Blacks!" and so forth.... or even take the piss out of Israel...  "Give 'Em Hell, Izzie!"  "God is on Our Side!" .....  Grin  Grin  Grin

you doubt it? So the sponsors didn't threaten to pull their sponsorship money?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #313 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 4:54pm

Valkie wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 3:36pm:

Or kill all infidels?
Or murder all jews?

Well - I did differentiate between expressions of extreme religious cultism and everyday things...

You're not allowed to discuss things like that... might upset someone's sensitivities...

― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #314 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 4:54pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 2:04pm:
My position has always been consistent, employers have no place dictating what any one does with their own social media albeit they can proscribe posting about that employment, and I hope that a court will affirm that.

So if you had staff and they posted something that cost your business, or had the potential to cost it, hundreds of thousands in revenue, you wouldn't act?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33
Send Topic Print