Folau vs Yassmin (Read 30809 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Folau vs Yassmin
Reply #150 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 6:49pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 5:59pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 5:42pm:
I don't believe you, Setanta. How could you possibly imagine a champion football player is not a huge role model - in Australia of all places?

Folou's the star. He is the team. Apparently he's the most talented player in years.

You might recall the 1980s. Back then, kids regularly went out poofter-bashing. A number of hommers were killed, including a Wollongong news reader. One group of kids killed their teacher. Imagine, only 30 years ago, the penalty for being a hommer - in Australia - was death.

The police routinely turned a blind eye, did nothing, and closed unsolved cases. They were also some of the biggest poofter-bashers themselves.

This is the culture Rugby Australia is attempting to keep down. It's been eradicated for the most part, but as we keep seeing, these things have a strange way of resurfacing.

Remember when you and FD used to speak out against racism?

I don't particularly care what you believe K. They were never my role models, nor my son's role models. Who TF would model themselves on bozos throwing/kicking a ball around. What a great life skill!

Sure shite like that happened in the past, many people were and still are targeted through no fault of their own, see the king hit laws for example. I don't think anyone deserves violence thrust upon them for being a poof, an atheist, a drunk an idolater, etc etc. It's not the 1980s any more not the 17 or 16 80s either. If you want to see hate against poofs, look no further that Islam where it is still in practice to kill them. But no, you can't do that.

Oh, I see. So here you are defending a hommer-bashing Christian and advising us to blame Islam, so unfair, etc. 

I know you don't care, dear, but you do seem to care very deeply about a really mean group called "your lot". FD, Moses, Matty, Homo and a number of other victims here are constantly saying how offensive they are, so I'm curious.

Who are they?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #151 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 6:55pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 6:43pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 6:39pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 6:33pm:
Not for me when I was a kid, not for my kids or any of their friends.

so because you didn't idolise them, no one else possibly could, right? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You're either arrogant enough to believe that you are the benchmark, or stupid enough to think it.

Seriously what TF is there to idolise you idolater? To hell with you. I've not claimed to be a benchmark, that is your strawman. On the other hand every one of my sons has worked from the day they finished studying not sitting back watching "role models" like these boofheads.

So your sons are the benchmark, eh? Good-O.

If you don't care what the haters say, Setanta, why are you writing so many posts about them?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #152 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 6:56pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 6:48pm:
Seriously what TF is there to idolise you idolater?

I've never watched a game of rugby in my life. That doesn't mean that I don't accept that fans of the sport do idolise them.

I've not claimed to be a benchmark, that is your strawman.

YOU were the one to claim that no one could possibly give a crap what he says because footy players were never role models for you and your sons.. Cheesy

So you claim these boofheads are idols for why? Can you think of any reason?

I didn't say no-one gave a crap, I pretty much said it was laughable that anyone would take these boofheads as role models. Perhaps that is what is wrong with our society, expecting boofheads not to be boofheads and to look to real people that can be role models. Personally I didn't have anyone that I would call a role model but I did have an admiration for Douglas Bader. Never give up. I don't believe he was accomplice to any of the things footy players have engaged in over the years. Using boofheads as role models is setting your sights really low.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #153 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 6:58pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 6:55pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 6:39pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 6:33pm:
Not for me when I was a kid, not for my kids or any of their friends.

so because you didn't idolise them, no one else possibly could, right? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You're either arrogant enough to believe that you are the benchmark, or stupid enough to think it.

Seriously what TF is there to idolise you idolater? To hell with you. I've not claimed to be a benchmark, that is your strawman. On the other hand every one of my sons has worked from the day they finished studying not sitting back watching "role models" like these boofheads.

So your sons are the benchmark, eh? Good-O.

If you don't care what the haters say, Setanta, why are you writing so many posts about them?

They are for me. They have succeeded.

As I have said, I don't know why the whiners didn't just ignore the dickhead. Look where it's got them.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #154 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:00pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 6:49pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 5:59pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 5:42pm:
I don't believe you, Setanta. How could you possibly imagine a champion football player is not a huge role model - in Australia of all places?

Folou's the star. He is the team. Apparently he's the most talented player in years.

You might recall the 1980s. Back then, kids regularly went out poofter-bashing. A number of hommers were killed, including a Wollongong news reader. One group of kids killed their teacher. Imagine, only 30 years ago, the penalty for being a hommer - in Australia - was death.

The police routinely turned a blind eye, did nothing, and closed unsolved cases. They were also some of the biggest poofter-bashers themselves.

This is the culture Rugby Australia is attempting to keep down. It's been eradicated for the most part, but as we keep seeing, these things have a strange way of resurfacing.

Remember when you and FD used to speak out against racism?

I don't particularly care what you believe K. They were never my role models, nor my son's role models. Who TF would model themselves on bozos throwing/kicking a ball around. What a great life skill!

Sure shite like that happened in the past, many people were and still are targeted through no fault of their own, see the king hit laws for example. I don't think anyone deserves violence thrust upon them for being a poof, an atheist, a drunk an idolater, etc etc. It's not the 1980s any more not the 17 or 16 80s either. If you want to see hate against poofs, look no further that Islam where it is still in practice to kill them. But no, you can't do that.

Oh, I see. So here you are defending a hommer-bashing Christian and advising us to blame Islam, so unfair, etc. 

I know you don't care, dear, but you do seem to care very deeply about a really mean group called "your lot". FD, Moses, Matty, Homo and a number of other victims here are constantly saying how offensive they are, so I'm curious.

Who are they?

I think you have lost the plot you old hommer you.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #155 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:13pm

How very dare you.

IMG_4376_002.JPG (23 KB | 8 )
IMG_4376_002.JPG

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #156 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:28pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 6:56pm:

It might have something to do with their skill on the footy pitch. Who knows for sure and who really cares, it doesn't change the fact that people follow Follau and take what he says and does very seriously.

I didn't say no-one gave a crap, I pretty much said it was laughable that anyone would take these boofheads as role models.

and when I suggested that people do treat them as idols, you stupidly questioned if I had asked them. That you and your kids never did so why would anyone else? Now you're pretending you knew all along? How did you know? Had you asked them?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #157 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:31pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:28pm:

It might have something to do with their skill on the footy pitch. Who knows for sure and who really cares, it doesn't change the fact that people follow Follau and take what he says and does very seriously.

I didn't say no-one gave a crap, I pretty much said it was laughable that anyone would take these boofheads as role models.

and when I suggested that people do treat them as idols, you stupidly questioned if I had asked them. That you and your kids never did so why would anyone else? Now you're pretending you knew all along? How did you know? Had you asked them?

More fool them. I can't believe you believe the advertising that these meatheads are "role models". Could one aim any lower?

You claimed spokesmanperson for all of them. Not my doing. Just questioning the wisdom of such a claim. You have since claimed you don't idolise them, don't follow the sport, but you still think they are idols. Why are you speaking for a bunch of people that you don't even associate with?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #158 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:35pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:31pm:
I can't believe you believe the advertising that these meatheads are "role models". Could one aim any lower?

so are you're saying they aren't? Or are you being deliberately stupid?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #159 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:36pm

You claimed spokesmanperson for all of them

perhaps you should read what's there and not add imaginary words to what I say? I know it's difficult for you, so bent on playing the hero, but you really should try it. You might prevent yourself from looking the total fool.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #160 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:38pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:35pm:
I can't believe you believe the advertising that these meatheads are "role models". Could one aim any lower?

As I have said, they were never a role model for me, my kids or their friends. As I have said, if that is the sort of role model you seek you are missing out on people that actually change the world. Some boofhead that can throw or kick a ball around is not a role model kids need.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #161 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:50pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:38pm:
As I have said, they were never a role model for me, my kids or their friends. As I have said, if that is the sort of role model you seek you are missing out on people that actually change the world. Some boofhead that can throw or kick a ball around is not a role model kids need.

Personally, I actually  don't disagree with any of that. However that doesn't change the fact that people see them as role models. You say you know that, but then you question it every time I suggest that it is so.

If you are looking for something to build yourself up with, you are, in my humble opinion, failing miserably.  Can I suggest, for your own good, you move on with the conversation?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #162 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:53pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:35pm:

Then we agree. So why are you sticking up for them, Setanta?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #163 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:54pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:50pm:

Personally, I actually  don't disagree with any of that. However that doesn't change the fact that people see them as role models. You say you know that, but then you question it every time I suggest that it is so.

If you are looking for something to build yourself up with, you are, in my humble opinion, failing miserably.  Can I suggest, for your own good, you move on with the conversation?

Then we agree. What happened to FD?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #164 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:55pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:54pm:
Then we agree. What happened to FD?

what sound does a jellyfish make?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 33
Send Topic Print