Setanta wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 1:42am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 1:40am:
Setanta wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 1:33am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 1:25am:
Setanta wrote on Jul 5th, 2019 at 11:58pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 5th, 2019 at 11:43pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 5th, 2019 at 11:36pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 5th, 2019 at 11:30pm:
Now now, FD, in Auggie's homofascist zeal, he hasn't said the government is responsible for anything.

I believe you're saying the government should step in to legislate hommer-bashing as a matter of "religious" freedom.

Who's been reading the holy Quran, eh?

And what sound does a jellyfish make?

You haven't said.

I meet a few of the "going to hell" list, more if we take other shyte from the bible into account. I haven't complained and have no wish to, as far as I'm concerned he can go to hell with his religious crap. I have to wonder why the poofs couldn't do the same. Why are they offended by something they have no belief in? Why are the poofs so butt hurt? Perhaps that could be a rhetorical Q.

What's it got to do with poofs?

Wasn't FD cranky with Rugby Australia? Or the government for not telling them what to do with their employees? Or the Separation of Powers?

I forget now.

FD?

What's it got to do with FD? Poofs are the ones whining someone said they are going to hell unless they believe in some sky fairy and repent to him. Why would you get upset if a nutjob like Israel says that? Why are the poofs and the perpetually offended giving a toss? Really who gives a shyte what he says and he had more reasons to have me in hell that a bit of miam miam?

Rugby Australia, eh?

Not that there's anything wrong with it.

I don't follow sport. RA has nothing to do with what I'm saying and asking you. So skip that and answer without RA or sponsors or Quantas. Why are poofs and their perpetually offended friends even giving a fuck?

Oh, some of them probably have spoilt hommer kids they don't want to offend.

So typical of sporting and youth associations.

That's the best you can come up with? I ask again...

"I don't follow sport. RA has nothing to do with what I'm saying and asking you. So skip that and answer without RA or sponsors or Quantas. Why are poofs and their perpetually offended friends even giving a fuck?"

Sorry, Setanta, I get you now. And do you know?

As one of their perpetually offended friends, I didn't give a fck either. A football player sacked for being nasty to our boys on social media. No worries.

But the more I think about it, the more I realise how good it is to be nice to each other. The more I think about it, the more I see the perpetually offended haters telling everyone they have the right to not be offended and saved from the dirty hommers and how very dare they fire our star haters.

Alan's a dirty hommer and even he's putting the boot in. The culture wars, it would seem, are being played out by a globalist Irish hommer from the boardroom behind the scenes and his white-nationalist hommer shock-jock opponent on the airwaves.

What a cat fight, eh?

And as ever, you're cheering for Alan. Good for you, dear. I didn't previously care about an issue of contract law, but when I think of Ooga-booga happy-clappies telling decent white people where they'll spend Eternity, well.

We won't have that, dear. It goes against nature.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Folau vs Yassmin
Reply #121 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 10:37am

freediver wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 8:23am:
polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 5th, 2019 at 11:05pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 5th, 2019 at 10:15pm:
Suppose Alan Joyce called for his sacking, but he was not sacked. Do you think people on here would care as much about Folau's freedom of speech and freedom of religion then?

Of course they would. Joyce is already under fire for the sacking.

Folau's actual sacking isn't what the culture warriors are getting their pants wet over - its that the "homofascists" as you call them dared to attack him for his religious views. Joyce stepping in would have just upped the ante, as he is an actual vested interest in this - and it would have (rightly) been interpreted by the culture warriors as RA being put under real and significant pressure to sack one of their players - given Qantas's financial influence over RA.

To say that liberal politicians - including senior cabinet ministers - calling directly for an ABC employee to be sacked is not a serious interference that causes real influence to the ABC management is disingenuous to the extreme. Especially with what we now know about the Alberici case. And simply retorting that neither Yassmin or Alberici were sacked in the end does not change the fact that it was an egregious attack on their freedom.

The only reason it is an issue is because Folau was actually sacked. Otherwise the vast majority would take the same view as the atheists, drunks, fornicators etc on Folau's list - who cares what they say?

I don't think Rugby Australia have atheists and drunks in mind in their anti-homophobia/anti-DV stance, FD, but do go on. It's good to see you express yourself. Most healthy.

Folou was warned he'd be axed from the team if he did it again. Rather than backing down, he made the decision to fire another one off, obviously as a test.

Rugby Australia pulled the only trigger they have - they gave him the boot. If they didn't, they would have been backed into a corner. Folou would have upped the social media campaign and become the haters' happy-clappie hero, a religious figurehead, a player on the religious-right who publicly undermines the national solidarity Rugby Australia wants to portray.

He's now waging a high-stakes campaign for freedom of religious expression, but he wasn't sacked for expressing religious views. He was sacked for hate speech against the hommers. I can't be sure, but I don't think anyone expects him to stop spruiking his religion. That's his right.

And that's why he'll lose his case.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #122 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 11:38am

Quote:
I don't think Rugby Australia have atheists and drunks in mind in their anti-homophobia/anti-DV stance, FD, but do go on. It's good to see you express yourself. Most healthy.

Because they are homofascists. Everyone else is expected to act like an adult, but if you include gays on your list suddenly everyone is throwing tantrums and demanding you get fired.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #123 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 11:48am

freediver wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 11:38am:
Quote:

Because they are homofascists. Everyone else is expected to act like an adult, but if you include gays on your list suddenly everyone is throwing tantrums and demanding you get fired.

Over hate speech?

Sure. What do you expect?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #124 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 2:32pm

Everyone else is expected to act like an adult

does that include folau  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #125 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 3:00pm

Had to post this:

(Hmm.....seems I have no idea how to re-size...yet.)

« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2019 at 3:21pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #126 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 3:01pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 11:48am:
Quote:

Over hate speech?

Sure.

What do you expect?

TherealKarnal,

Q.
Which hate speech would you be referring to there ?

If you are arguing that it was hate speech, BY, Israel Folau,
then please give us the quote of that hate speech.
[i.e. NOT the scripture, which Israel Folau quoted].

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #127 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 4:07pm

freediver wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 8:23am:
polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 5th, 2019 at 11:05pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 5th, 2019 at 10:15pm:
Suppose Alan Joyce called for his sacking, but he was not sacked. Do you think people on here would care as much about Folau's freedom of speech and freedom of religion then?

Of course they would. Joyce is already under fire for the sacking.

Folau's actual sacking isn't what the culture warriors are getting their pants wet over - its that the "homofascists" as you call them dared to attack him for his religious views. Joyce stepping in would have just upped the ante, as he is an actual vested interest in this - and it would have (rightly) been interpreted by the culture warriors as RA being put under real and significant pressure to sack one of their players - given Qantas's financial influence over RA.

To say that liberal politicians - including senior cabinet ministers - calling directly for an ABC employee to be sacked is not a serious interference that causes real influence to the ABC management is disingenuous to the extreme. Especially with what we now know about the Alberici case. And simply retorting that neither Yassmin or Alberici were sacked in the end does not change the fact that it was an egregious attack on their freedom.

The only reason it is an issue is because Folau was actually sacked. Otherwise the vast majority would take the same view as the atheists, drunks, fornicators etc on Folau's list - who cares what they say?

I'll drink to that....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #128 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 4:31pm

Quote:

Over hate speech?

It's not hate speech.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #129 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 4:34pm

Yadda wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 3:01pm:
Quote:

Over hate speech?

Sure.

What do you expect?

TherealKarnal,

Q.

What is God's plan for gays?

HELL... unless they repent their sins and turn to God.

Which gospel is it, Y? Chapter and verse, please.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #130 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 4:37pm

freediver wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 4:31pm:
Quote:

Over hate speech?

It's not hate speech.

That's true. He also said Jesus loves them, no?

What did you say God's plan for the hommers is, FD?

We didn't catch it.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #131 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 4:40pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 4:37pm:
Quote:

Over hate speech?

It's not hate speech.

We didn't catch it.

Do you think Folau hates gays?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #132 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 4:45pm

Effendi...you have ignored this question first posed by me when I asked where Gays end up, and now Abu also asks.

Quote:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #133 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 4:51pm

freediver wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 4:40pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 4:37pm:
Quote:

Over hate speech?

It's not hate speech.

We didn't catch it.

Do you think Folau hates gays?

Only in an existential sense.

Some of those macho Islanders love the hommers.

What's God's plan for them, dear?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #134 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 4:52pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 4:34pm:
Yadda wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 3:01pm:
Quote:

Over hate speech?

Sure.

What do you expect?

TherealKarnal,

Q.

What is     God's plan      for gays?

HELL... unless they repent their sins and turn to God.

Which gospel is it, Y? Chapter and verse, please.

TherealKarnal,

So when you are referring to    hate speech,      it is the hate speech of God which you are referring to.

And not,       the ideas, the 'plans', and the hate speech,      of Israel Folau ?

TherealKarnal,

If i quote your words, posted in this forum.

Does my quoting of your words/views,     mean that those views [that were expressed and posted by yourself],
can now be 'taken', to be views that have ['magically'] originated from myself ?

'Chapter and verse' ?

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1562056827/119#119

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 33
Send Topic Print