racist beaches (Read 19654 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: racist beaches
Reply #150 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 4:54am

John Smith wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:41pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:40pm:
cheers jasin.

you realise he would cheer for anyone who disagreed with me, no matter how stupid their comment, right?  Grin Grin Grin

You realise that Hammer & I grew up in the same area and naturally cheer each other on regardless.
You're just got tickets on yourself as usual Boofhead.
Your head is so boofed up that its larger than LTYC's Afro-Electro.
*flicks Boofhead on the forehead with a tea-spoon.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #151 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 7:54am

I have the perfect idea.

All land given to aboriginals now becomes their land.
To be controlled by them and as their only income genetation.
No more hand outs, no more dole, no more benifits.
They now have their land, let them work it and live off it.

It will save us 35billion dollars a year.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #152 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 8:31am

Valkie wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 7:54am:
I have the perfect idea.

All land given to aboriginals now becomes their land.
To be controlled by them and as their only income genetation.
No more hand outs, no more dole, no more benifits.
They now have their land, let them work it and live off it.

It will save us 35billion dollars a year.

Was thinking along those lines myself..... you want exclusivity by race, you want to BE a separate 'race', you reckon you've got rights - then go your own way with what you've got and in peace.  If you hate whitey so much, do without his benefits.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #153 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 5:44pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 11:12pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:44pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:33pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:30pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 7:59pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 6:07pm:
The Abbos already own nearly half of OZ including a fair whack coastline, that's half of OZ that I can't get into or have to pay to get into, easy money for them, I hope they spend it wisely and not on VB.

yeah ... almost all of it desert that has no value. How generous of the white man Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No value? Except for all of the natural resources contained in it??? These same natural resources aborigines have a habit of selling to mining companies.

was that land declared aboriginal before or after the minerals were discovered?  Cheesy Cheesy

Some before and some after. You know why it's called the red centre? Because the ground is full of iron ore.

and with the land where minerals were discovered prior to the aborigines being given their land rights, the rights of the miner were protected over and above all else.

Don't kid yourself, they only pay the aborigines now because they have no choice. That horse has already bolted.

Pay them for what?

royalties

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #154 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 5:46pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 11:11pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:27pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:23pm:
So if it has value to the Black Man it's fair game?

WTF are you rambling on about now?

Trying to teach you both sides of every question you struggle to respond to sensibly....

so instead of explaining what you were rambling about, you continue with more rambling?  Cheesy

Ohh, I get it .............you don't know what you were going on about either.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #155 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 5:47pm

Jasin wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 4:54am:
John Smith wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:41pm:
cheers jasin.

you realise he would cheer for anyone who disagreed with me, no matter how stupid their comment, right?  Grin Grin Grin

You realise that Hammer & I grew up in the same area and naturally cheer each other on regardless.
You're just got tickets on yourself as usual Boofhead.
Your head is so boofed up that its larger than LTYC's Afro-Electro.
*flicks Boofhead on the forehead with a tea-spoon.

so you actually agree that you would cheer no matter what was said?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

god you're an idiot

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #156 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 9:14pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 5:44pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 11:12pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:44pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:33pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:30pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 7:59pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 6:07pm:
The Abbos already own nearly half of OZ including a fair whack coastline, that's half of OZ that I can't get into or have to pay to get into, easy money for them, I hope they spend it wisely and not on VB.

yeah ... almost all of it desert that has no value. How generous of the white man Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No value? Except for all of the natural resources contained in it??? These same natural resources aborigines have a habit of selling to mining companies.

was that land declared aboriginal before or after the minerals were discovered?  Cheesy Cheesy

Some before and some after. You know why it's called the red centre? Because the ground is full of iron ore.

and with the land where minerals were discovered prior to the aborigines being given their land rights, the rights of the miner were protected over and above all else.

Don't kid yourself, they only pay the aborigines now because they have no choice. That horse has already bolted.

Pay them for what?

royalties

Aha!  I knew all along they had a deep spiritual connection with the land, such that it should not be defaced by Whitey walking across it....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #157 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 9:15pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 5:46pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 11:11pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:27pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:23pm:
So if it has value to the Black Man it's fair game?

WTF are you rambling on about now?

Trying to teach you both sides of every question you struggle to respond to sensibly....

so instead of explaining what you were rambling about, you continue with more rambling?  Cheesy

Ohh, I get it .............you don't know what you were going on about either.

You certainly don't understand that a sword has two edges.. especially those you try to wield....

― John Adams

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #158 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 9:29pm

You cant make toffee out of dogsh!t Grappler, in John Smiths case expecting him to make an intelligent argument is exactly that.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #159 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 9:58pm

rhino wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 9:29pm:
You cant make toffee out of dogsh!t Grappler, in John Smiths case expecting him to make an intelligent argument is exactly that.

Kind of leaves a bad taste in the mouth.....

Let's hear it from the Irish - and remember I'm somewhere in line for High King of Ulster at Tara....

http://www.concernedaustralians.com.au/media/distinguished-lecture-paper-2017.pd...

"Mining royalty payments and the governance of Aboriginal Australia

Introduction:-
To say that Indigenous policy is challenging and complex is an obvious understatement. Governments and policy makersin Australia have struggled for decades to address Indigenous social and economic disadvantage,while at the same time maintaining Indigenous cultural identity.In this situation you would expect that if there was one policy response whose effectiveness was established beyond doubt, governments would grasp it with enthusiasm and relief, and then turn their minds to finding other and complementary policy solutions. I want to argue this evening that there is such a policy response, which involves the fostering and encouragement of Indigenous autonomy and Indigenous self-government. By ‘autonomy’ I mean the capacity to set your own goals and the means by which you pursue them. By self-government I mean a particular form of autonomy which involves a negotiated, permanent transfer of governance powers, and of the resources required to exercise those powers, to Indigenous institutions.  I am not saying that Indigenous autonomy is a ‘silver bullet’ that would resolve all issues facing Australia’s Indigenous peoples. But I will show that there is overwhelming empirical evidence to suggest that it can make a major contribution. I will argue that despite this evidence Australian governments have, especially in the last decade, not only failed to embrace Indigenous autonomy, but have consistently rejected and undermined it. This rejection constitutes a huge problem in terms of addressing Indigenous disadvantage and promoting Indigenous cultural vitality. It is important to explain the reluctance of Australian governments to recognise the value of Indigenous autonomy, let alone embrace it. I will attempt to do this, arguing that key factors include non-Indigenous institutional interests associated with existing patterns of governance and service delivery; the paternalism and racism that is still a powerful influence on Australia’s approach to its Indigenous peoples; and, linked to this second factor, Australia’s failure to fully address the history of its relations with its First Nations. l will conclude the Lecture by considering what academic researchers can do to help address government reluctance to embrace Indigenous autonomy and the factors that underpin that reluctance. "

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #160 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 10:07pm

Just trying to return this strand to some level of intellectual discourse... this speech gives not only some food for thought, but also an insight into the Fenian nature of the Irish speaker... not saying I disagree with any of that, just saying, OK?

Clearly an Irishman has a lot to say about autonomy and self-rule..... and clearly he seems to be advocating a separate but equal state .... Noweto as I've said... and his fervent hope seems to be that mining royalties will fund the New Aboriginal Nation (NABON).

Just as clearly it is simply not possible to have self-autonomy and an autonomous state and self-governance under their own rules among those who currently constitute part of the overall Australian community - so is he advocating deportation to Noweto?  Is he then advocating Aboriginality as another 'state without borders' the same as IS?

As he said - the issue is complex - but I'm not persuaded that he has anything like the answer.

**cue philperth to call me a racist tosser, and John Smith to call me anything he can get his two tongues around**  (I need a laugh).....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #161 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 10:07pm

*blip

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #162 - Jul 16th, 2019 at 12:34am

Hmm... his idea sounds sound - but there is only one example of how Indigenous autonomic governance over royalty money (one limited aspect, BTW - not TOTAL self-governance) has been a success.

Interesting that he cites both Indigenous and non-Indigenous officers and employees who have ripped them off.  Trouble is that it is well-nigh impossible to guarantee the same will not occur and that the same level of shareholder/stakeholder oversight will actually apply.

On another vein - governments in the past have played somewhat fast and loose with Indigenous earnings from other avenues of 'work' or garnering of income than royalties paid by mining companies, as a recent court decision and payouts just proved.

Also of interest is the (most likely fair) comment that simultaneous withdrawal of government taxpayer-funded inputs will, at best, generate a net balance outcome, and not actually and materially enhance the position of the stakeholders, given that there are reasons royalties are being paid - i.e. damage etc to the landscape and ecology, and, once again, companies do not have a good track record of restoring and re-generating land wrecked.

In another vein, reduction of government benefits would be difficult to oversee and implement due to the difficulty of actually allocating direct income to stakeholders - and especially when much is/should be going into infrastructure and funding for future income (where Howard failed most).

Lots of thought there.... and let's keep that discussion away from total self-governance and self-determination - i.e. Apartheid.  That is a separate issue from controlling distribution of earned income.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #163 - Jul 16th, 2019 at 9:16am

blip*

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #164 - Jul 16th, 2019 at 9:17am

*blip

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16
Send Topic Print