Send Topic Print
Dry July (Read 4384 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Dry July
Reply #60 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 10:09am

Gnads wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 9:53am:
Fluoride has nothing to do with dental hygiene and it's use as a dental caries preventative is spurious.

Incorrect.

However, if that's what you believe - fine.

Don't drink the water, and don't buy fluoride toothpaste.

It's a free country.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 12:04pm

You're incorrect.

It's a public water supply ... a supply that is an essential service ...that requires no more treatment than being at the required safe levels for drinking.

It should not be a vessel for the mass medication of a community/society with a contaminated industry waste product Fluorosilic Acid.

The science for this came out of the USA(just like hydraulic fracking) from the industries that made this toxic waste after they were unable to dump it straight into the environment.

Now it is dumped through humans as a supposed dental health measure.

It doesn't work.

Quote:
Most developed nations do not fluoridate their water. In western Europe, for example, only 3% of the population consumes fluoridated water.
While 25 countries have water fluoridation programs, 11 of these countries have less than 20% of their population consuming fluoridated water: Argentina (19%), Guatemala (13%), Panama (15%), Papa New Guinea (6%), Peru (2%), Serbia (3%), Spain (11%), South Korea (6%), the United Kingdom (11%), and Vietnam (4%).
Only 11 countries in the world have more than 50% of their population drinking fluoridated water: Australia (80%), Brunei (95%); Chile (70%), Guyana (62%), Hong Kong (100%), the Irish Republic (73%), Israel (70%), Malaysia (75%), New Zealand (62%), Singapore (100%), and the United States (64%).
In total, 377,655,000 million people worldwide drink artificially fluoridated water. This represents 5% of the world’s population.
There are more people drinking fluoridated water in the United States than the rest of the world combined.
There is no difference in tooth decay between western nations that fluoridate their water and those that do not.

https://fluoridealert.org/content/bfs-2012/

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 12:15pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 12:04pm:
You're incorrect.

All of the best available scientific evidence supports my view.

You're in the (wacky) minority.

As I said, if you don't like it don't use it - nobody is forcing you.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #63 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 1:11pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 7:45am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 12:01am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 10:55am:
Doersn't good oral hygeine mean brushing with fluoride?

Good oral hygiene means being careful with what you eat and drink. And brushing your teeth 3 times a day. I bought 3 bottles of mouth wash/anti-plaque, and I have about 4 tubes of toothpaste in my possession. All because I have decided to brush my teeth as often as I can. Otherwise, you need to drink lemon water in the morning before you do much else.

You need to floss too.

I had the ability to really floss out the plaque build up on my teeth, in earlier years. Lately, the flossing seems to have done little to help. I will have to relearn how I did it right.
Does plaque cause bad breath?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print