Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 22
Send Topic Print
Rugby Australia blames the government (Read 31594 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Rugby Australia blames the government
Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:13am

Rugby Australia has started furiously shifting blame to it's sponsors - including the government. Meanwhile, Qantas CEO Alan Joyce has denied responsibility for the firing, while still publicly maintaining support for it, and admitting he approached RA to ensure they were "not involved in the controversy".

'This is bigger than Israel Folau': RA chair opens fire

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-union/this-is-bigger-than-israel-folau-ra-chair-opens-fire-20190628-p522d5.html

Mr Clyne said the prospect of a drawn out court battle was a "painful" one for Australian rugby, but the alternative was worse if RA had not acted against Folau's Instagram post in April warning homosexuals, among other groups, were destined for hell.

"[The alternative] would be that we'd have no sponsors at all because no sponsor has indicated they would be willing to be associated with social media posts of that sort and that includes government, because we've also heard from them," he said.

‘Outrageous’: Qantas boss Alan Joyce responds to explosive Folau allegation

https://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/outrageous-qantas-boss-alan-joyce-responds-to-explosive-folau-allegation/news-story/d9ad04a6f6debbb268f0faf871ca06b3

Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce says claims he was responsible for ordering Israel Folau’s sacking are “outrageous” while comparing the saga to cricket’s ball tampering brouhaha.

Speaking at a media conference on Thursday, Joyce reiterated that the airline was supportive of Rugby Australia’s decision to tear up Folau’s contract.

But he shot down the accusation from former Wallabies coach Alan Jones — and others — that the team’s major sponsor was actively involved in the employment dispute and subsequent contract termination.

“We sponsor organisations and sports teams to get a positive benefit out of it,” Joyce told reporters.

“When it becomes controversial, we, of course, want the sporting code to fix those issues.

“Israel’s comments were terrible for a large element of the community, a vulnerable element of the community.

“We felt that was causing controversy for our sponsorship and as a consequence, we asked Rugby Australia ‘what are you doing to make sure we’re not involved in controversy?’”

“It is their issue to resolve, they have put a solution in place, they’re working through that and we’re very supportive of what they’re doing.

“The same was true of Cricket Australia with the ball tampering, we said ‘that was not good.’ “Some sponsors pulled out, we didn’t.

“We gave them time to fix it, and they fixed it.

“We’re still a sponsor and continue to be a sponsor because they did the right thing.”

Joyce also joked that Jones was welcome to continue flying with Qantas.

“We don’t discriminate against anybody — other people may, but we don’t,” he laughed.

“Even Alan Jones is welcome to get Lifetime Platinum Status if he gets there.”

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Rugby Australia blames the government
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:16am

everyone has an opinion.... its normal.. I think these constant attacks on gays  is not normal....

just my opinion. Roll Eyes

This is bigger than Israel Folau': RA chair opens fire

ABSOLUTELY!

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:19am

No one wants to own it now, although they were pretty vocal in creating this media storm

Folau simply paraphrased the Bible

so if anyone of the major mouths object, why are they so reticient when it comes to Folau's spiritual authority?

Too obvious?  If they attacked Christianity face-on, they'd be done

so they attack Christianty from the side, citing Folau and not the Bible as 'wrong'

That's what's going on here and no one is game to say it apart from the voting and donating public

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:25am

You bet its bigger than Israel folau, its about our right to express our opinion in a peaceful way without getting attacked and censored and fired from your job.

Israel folau like anyone of us is entitled to his opinion, censoring him means we are all censored from our opinion.

If you look at what he said, really it includes all of us, look at the list.

Why was it the poofta brigade that nailed him, have they become a sacrosanct mob where any word against them means you'll lose your job.

The fact that he got $2 mill in acouple of days means aussies are sick of pooftas shoving their PC down our throats.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:32am

PZ547 wrote on Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:19am:
No one wants to own it now, although they were pretty vocal in creating this media storm

so if anyone of the major mouths object, why are they so reticient when it comes to Folau's spiritual authority?

so they attack Christianty from the side, citing Folau and not the Bible as 'wrong'

That's what's going on here and no one is game to say it apart from the voting and donating public

The End Times are here now.

Jesus will fix them up.

Rev 19      KJV

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations:
and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image.

These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:33am

Has anyone managed to make sense of the double speak from Qantas CEO Alan Joyce? He denied pulling strings behind the scenes to get Folau fired, then followed it up by basically admitting that he threatened to pull Qantas sponsorship if they did not 'fix' the problem the same way he demanded Cricket Australia fix the ball tampering saga.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:33am

you seriously believe that?

if it was that simple it would have been settled by now...

do you think someone who calls himself a Christian has the right to claim who he believes will go to HELL.....

would  you accept it is fine for a follower of ISLAM to post freely

all those who do not follow ISLAM will go to HELL..?.

would you be annoyed to read that and chastise him./her for daring to judge you?....

something tells me the boot would be on the other foot.and you would think it ok to speak up...

the Bible has many interpretations on exactly what was meant.... how many times have you written something only to say thats not what I meant when I wrote that....we do it all the time...

you take something out of context it takes on a whole different meaning...

I wouldnt be so arrogant to tell the world what I believe the Bibles meaning are all about.....certainly as a Christian  I hope I wouldnt set on special groups to humiliate them

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:35am

Quote:
do you think someone who calls himself a Christian has the right to claim who he believes will go to HELL.....

Of course they have that right cods.

Do you think they don't?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:36am

freediver wrote on Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:33am:
Has anyone managed to make sense of the double speak from Qantas CEO Alan Joyce? He denied pulling strings behind the scenes to get Folau fired, then followed it up by basically admitting that he threatened to pull Qantas sponsorship if they did not 'fix' the problem the same way he demanded Cricket Australia fix the ball tampering saga.

no havent read it to be honest....yes if you threaten anyone   you are provoking I would think...

perhaps he needs to take a step back and not use his position as a weapon...

sponsors have a right to distance themselves from controversy but thats where it should end...

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #9 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:37am

x2......................... Cool

Pooftas given a half a chance would burn every bible and all the churches too.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:37am

cods wrote on Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:36am:
freediver wrote on Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:33am:

no havent read it to be honest....yes if you threaten anyone   you are provoking I would think...

perhaps he needs to take a step back and not use his position as a weapon...

sponsors have a right to distance themselves from controversy but thats where it should end...

I think Alan Joyce is doing far more harm to Qantas' reputation than Folau. There seems to be a culture of this sort of double speak in Qantas and I have personally seen them use it to rip people off.

His double speak about pulling the string to get Folau fired is in the OP.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:42am

I wonder how many people applied for jobs with Qantas but never got the job becsuse they were not gay

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:43am

freediver wrote on Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:35am:
Quote:

Do you think they don't?

no I dont think that!  he is a high profile athlete 

if he can INSULT whoever he chooses   then we all can in public..

we are talking about our society and how  it should behave! WE ALL should behave..

as RU said THIS IS BIGGER THAN ISRAEL....

this is about saying what you think about other groups in cyberspace......if there is no control.... can you imagine what will happen??????

this imo

is like removing the traffic lights.....

they are a RULING that prevents chaos..

it wont work without them.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:45am

Quote:
if he can INSULT whoever he chooses   then we all can in public..

We all have the right to publicly express our view on who is going to hell Cods.

Do you live in Australia?

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:47am

freediver wrote on Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:35am:
Quote:

Do you think they don't?

And as has been pointed out to non-Christian Cods repeatedly, Folau's comment included,

'unless they repent and turn their face to God'

Cods wants to pretend she hasn't been advised of that, for some reason

Folau was citing his holy book, the Bible, from whence his comments came

Folau was NOT personally condemning anyone, as he has repeatedly said

Folau was citing the authority of his God as cited in his holy book, the Bible

Jews cite THEIR holy books when they claim gentiles were created to be slaves for the jews

WHERE'S THE OUTRAGE ABOUT THAT?

Muslims cite THEIR holy books --- and WHERE'S THE OUTRAGE ABOUT THAT?

So clearly, this is an anti-Christian beat-up being pushed by the 96% owned and controlled mass media and powerful and influential others

AND AUSTRALIA HAS SPOKEN

yes

AUSTRALIA HAS SPOKEN FROM ITS POCKET

Good on you, Aussies   Smiley

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 22
Send Topic Print