Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Japan attacks Australia WW2 (Read 4121 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Japan attacks Australia WW2
Jun 27th, 2019 at 8:31pm

I have been sniffing around this stuff to get some research to toss at some Yanks at a Yank Forum.

Fact is that Pearl Harbour was not some aggressive action against the US by the Japs to take America.  It seems it was an attempt, after years of frustration, to get the yoke of US economic sanctions off their back.

Reminiscent, anyone?

Anyway, how did we get involved?  Why did the Japs attack us?

Well....we declared War on them on the 9th December, 1941 after Pearl Harbour.  They had never attacked us or our interests prior.

Their first attack on us was at Darwin on the 10th February 1942.

And on.........

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Japan attacks Australia WW2
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 8:45pm

So the fact that Australian Military is nothing more than just a MERCENARY force on behalf of the UK & USA - has just dawned on you?

Listen, of all the guns that John Howard collected. Only 2% were destroyed (and filmed for Propaganda) - the rest were sent to Papua New Guinea.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 8:57pm

In recent history, what has China done which parallels Japans invasion of Manchuria, rape/massacre of Nanking?

IBI

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 9:00pm

"us" and "we" were very much part of Anglosphere in those days. Now, less so, but I suspect with the rise of Sinosphere and Russosphere, Anglosphere might want to start taking itself seriously again.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 9:01pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 27th, 2019 at 8:57pm:
In recent history, what has China done which parallels Japans invasion of Manchuria, rape/massacre of Nanking?

Yes. I don't think the USA will be able to protect Japan from the Chinese getting revenge.

Chinese Military moving towards their Russian and Indian Borders.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 9:04pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 27th, 2019 at 8:31pm:
I have been sniffing around this stuff to get some research to toss at some Yanks at a Yank Forum.

Fact is that Pearl Harbour was not some aggressive action against the US by the Japs to take America.  It seems it was an attempt, after years of frustration, to get the yoke of US economic sanctions off their back.

Reminiscent, anyone?

Well....we declared War on them on the 9th December, 1941 after Pearl Harbour.  They had never attacked us or our interests prior.

And on.........

So the Japs bombed Pearl Harbour in order to normalise trade with the US?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 9:13pm

freediver wrote on Jun 27th, 2019 at 9:04pm:

Reminiscent, anyone?

And on.........

You tell me Effendi.  I am not the font of all wisdom or tactics.

What is your explanation for that attack, Effendi?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 9:27pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 27th, 2019 at 9:13pm:

Reminiscent, anyone?

And on.........

It was a world war. They wanted to get first strike on the US. I guess they didn't believe the US was going to sit it out.

Do you think an effort to normalise trade is even a plausible explanation?

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 9:29pm

Donald J Trump recently said:

Quote:
"If Japan is attacked, we will fight World War III. We will go in and protect them with our lives and with our treasure. But if we're attacked, Japan doesn't have to help us. They can watch it on a Sony television."

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 9:31pm

AiA wrote on Jun 27th, 2019 at 9:29pm:

Quote:
"If Japan is attacked, we will fight World War III. We will go in and protect them with our lives and with our treasure. But if we're attacked, Japan doesn't have to help us. They can watch it on a Sony television."

Diplomatic as a brick.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 9:47pm

freediver wrote on Jun 27th, 2019 at 9:31pm:

Quote:

Diplomatic as a brick.

Trump doesn't realize that Sony has gotten out of mass consumer electronics ...

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 9:48pm

AiA wrote on Jun 27th, 2019 at 9:47pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 27th, 2019 at 9:31pm:

Quote:

Diplomatic as a brick.

Trump doesn't realize that Sony has gotten out of consumer electronics ...

Yeah. That's what's wrong with it.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 10:01pm

freediver wrote on Jun 27th, 2019 at 9:27pm:

Reminiscent, anyone?

And on.........

It was a world war. They wanted to get first strike on the US. I guess they didn't believe the US was going to sit it out.

Not a World War at all.  Sure, Europe was having a War, even Japan was invading and pissing off China...and the US was strangling them with economic schit.  Just like they are now with Iran.

Obviously, Pearl Harbour was a massive mistake...but it did not just happen for no 'good' reason, and it sure did not happen with the Japs thinking they could take the USA.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #13 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 10:21pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 27th, 2019 at 10:01pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 27th, 2019 at 9:27pm:

Reminiscent, anyone?

And on.........

Not a World War at all.  Sure, Europe was having a War, even Japan was invading and pissing off China...and the US was strangling them with economic schit.  Just like they are now with Iran.

Obviously, Pearl Harbour was a massive mistake...but it did not just happen for no 'good' reason, and it sure did not happen with the Japs thinking they could take the USA.

You call what Japan did in China, pissing them off? What would they have to do for you to label it an atrocity?

During this period, soldiers of the Imperial Japanese Army murdered Chinese civilians and disarmed combatants who numbered an estimated 40,000 to over 300,000,[7][8] and perpetrated widespread rape and looting.[9][10]

« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2019 at 10:35pm by Gordon »  

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #14 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 10:31pm

Well ..... the beautiful, peace-loving, flower-sniffing Nipponese did attack the British and French Empires and the Chinese ....... I suppose that somehow made them the enemy of Australia, given their rapid southward advance..... they also attacked and sank Australian ships and killed many civilians and soldiers in Malaya ..... including female nurses massacred ... and then committed atrocities countless along the way, such as beheading missionaries on New Guinea's north coast in front of their children before doing the same to those children, not to mention murdering Australians captured on The Trail and at Milne Bay etc, and beheading captured airmen...

If the beautiful, peace-loving, flower-sniffing Nipponese hadn't attacked the Chinese - killing millions, attacked US warships on Chinese territory, steadily advanced and taken over more and more territory in a clear move to control the entire Asian-Pacific Basin, and clearly positioned themselves to achieve just that ........ and then hadn't attacked Pearl Harbour, The Philippines and Shanghai, Hong Kong, Malaya and the Dutch East Indies ... they would not have been bombed back to the Dark Ages that they just emerged from...

I suppose to the discerning eye that could create certain comparisons with modern-day Imperialist Neo-Mandarin Expansionist China.... but don't let me hold you back - you were going so well there for a moment....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print