Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The NRA is tearing itself apart! (Read 1793 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

The NRA is tearing itself apart!
Jun 27th, 2019 at 5:39pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Re: The NRA is tearing itself apart!
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 10:30pm

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 11:06pm

The NRA is a corporate ƃuᴉʞɔnɟ lobby. That's it. Most of its rabid supporters think is it is more ... until the early 70's it was a simply an organization that supported recreational use of guns - hunting & sport - and was quite laid back in its approach. Then extremists took control of the NRA ...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 11:22pm

AiA wrote on Jun 27th, 2019 at 11:06pm:
The NRA is a corporate ƃuᴉʞɔnɟ lobby. That's it. Most of its rabid supporters think is it is more ... until the early 70's it was a simply an organization that supported recreational use of guns - hunting & sport - and was quite laid back in its approach. Then extremists took control of the NRA ...

The rise of the left was the best thing ever for the NRA - it elevated the NRA to become a pillar of traditional values and in so doing gained greater funding.

Many patriots believe that the constitution is the highest law in the land and that includes the 2nd amendment. Which actually it is.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 11:36pm

Richdude wrote on Jun 27th, 2019 at 11:22pm:
AiA wrote on Jun 27th, 2019 at 11:06pm:

The rise of the left was the best thing ever for the NRA - it elevated the NRA to become a pillar of traditional values and in so doing gained greater funding.

Many patriots believe that the constitution is the highest law in the land and that includes the 2nd amendment. Which actually it is.

I am not against gun ownership. A free society will have some gun ownership. But historically America was never as heavily armed as it is now. And the benefit is ... what?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2019 at 2:38pm

I note no comment about the personalities involved in this whole affair and the rationale behind the split.  Ollie North?  OMG, the man is a fraudster and an ex-criminal (speaking of which what ever happened to Fawn Hall?).   Lappier?   He's a fascist extremist who also appears to be corrupt if the stories about him are true.   The NRA are a bunch of lunatics who believe the only answer to every problem is - "More Guns".  They aren't interested in having a functioning society - they just want an armed one!  "How many gun nuts does it take to change a light bulb?"  "More guns!"   Whenever any sensible proposal is put forward for gun control, their answer is, "more guns!"   They are though, contradictory.  They accept regulation of some guns and some aspects of guns but still claim they oppose all regulation!   Typical weirdo gun nuts.  Every baby needs an AR-15 when they are born.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jun 28th, 2019 at 2:42pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 27th, 2019 at 5:39pm:

I have the solution to their problem.

More guns.

AiA wrote on Jun 27th, 2019 at 11:36pm:
I am not against gun ownership. A free society will have some gun ownership. But historically America was never as heavily armed as it is now. And the benefit is ... what?

Nothing.  Nada.  Zip.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #7 - Jun 28th, 2019 at 10:17pm

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Jun 28th, 2019 at 10:57pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #9 - Jun 28th, 2019 at 11:26pm

NRA is not the only game in town.

https://gunowners.org/

https://www.saf.org/

And the State organizations like TSRA

https://tsra.com/

The NRA has been caught misrepresenting their participation in State level issues. They have voiced their unfunded support giving the impression they actually joined in fighting bad legislation at the State level.

If the NRA doesn't clean up their act we still have groups to fight for our Rights! Other groups already exist and have millions of members, the Press concentrates on just this one.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #10 - Jun 28th, 2019 at 11:48pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 28th, 2019 at 2:42pm:

More guns.

Nothing.  Nada.  Zip.

We all want to live in a quiet peaceful neighborhood with no crime - I assume.

That is where I live - very pleasant - yet almost everyone around here has guns - I mean AK, AR's.

Your perception that owning guns equals violent communities is wrong! So why do you have these fallacious opinions? Obviously the media and Hollywood - you have been brainwashed.

Also the left's constant pushing the lie of victimhood. Justifies the use of using violence against your supposed oppressors.. Victimhood as a social construct is IMO a source of violence, guns are a symptom.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 7:20am

Richdude wrote on Jun 28th, 2019 at 11:48pm:

More guns.

Nothing.  Nada.  Zip.

That is where I live - very pleasant - yet almost everyone around here has guns - I mean AK, AR's.

Your perception that owning guns equals violent communities is wrong! So why do you have these fallacious opinions? Obviously the media and Hollywood - you have been brainwashed.

Also the left's constant pushing the lie of victimhood. Justifies the use of using violence against your supposed oppressors.. Victimhood as a social construct is IMO a source of violence, guns are a symptom.

Do guns make us safer? Science suggests no

Poll: most Americans say gun ownership increases safety. Research: nope.

"Individually, several studies have found that the presence of a gun in a home elevates the risk of death. A 2014 review of the research published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, for instance, found that access to firearms was associated with a doubled risk for homicide and a tripled risk for suicide. A 2017 piece by Melinda Wenner Moyer in Scientific American also ran through the evidence, concluding that gun ownership was associated with a higher risk of homicide, suicide, and accidental shootings."

More firearms do not keep people safe, hard numbers show. Why do so many Americans believe the opposite?

Wink

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #12 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 7:47am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 29th, 2019 at 7:20am:

More guns.

Nothing.  Nada.  Zip.

"Individually, several studies have found that the presence of a gun in a home elevates the risk of death. A 2014 review of the research published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, for instance, found that access to firearms was associated with a doubled risk for homicide and a tripled risk for suicide. A 2017 piece by Melinda Wenner Moyer in Scientific American also ran through the evidence, concluding that gun ownership was associated with a higher risk of homicide, suicide, and accidental shootings."

More firearms do not keep people safe, hard numbers show. Why do so many Americans believe the opposite?

Wink

The solution?

Don't own guns! Especially for someone not mature enough to value the promises he makes.

Furthermore its none of your or anyone else's business whether the public owns guns or not.

Its about choice - you know the right to do as like. However harm me or someone else and that becomes a very different matter.

Become more responsible, live and grow or regress into your left wing nihilistic nightmare.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 7:53am

More guns.

Nothing.  Nada.  Zip.

Your bias is showing. I support gun ownership as it is a characteristic of a free society. But America has never been as heavily armed as it is now. Never. Not ever. Not even in the good ol' days that if we were to return to to Make America Great Again.

You've seen the research that indicates that after a certain income threshold, happiness doesn't increase. In fact,  happiness may decrease. Well, after a particular threshold in gun ownership society doesn't become safer, in fact, it becomes more dangerous.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 8:07am

Richdude wrote on Jun 29th, 2019 at 7:47am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 29th, 2019 at 7:20am:

More guns.

Nothing.  Nada.  Zip.

Wink

The solution?

More guns.

The solution is always more guns.

Have you learnt nothing?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print