IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: Sunsets
Reply #2 - Jun 21st, 2019 at 10:06pm

Love sunsets. Not a fan of sunrises though, not a morning person.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2019 at 10:36pm

The further south you go, the better the sunsets... far enough and you get the Southern Lights...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 21st, 2019 at 10:39pm

Setanta wrote on Jun 21st, 2019 at 10:06pm:

Nor I - don't disturb my equilibrium without two cups of coffee before 11 am... I hit my straps around sunset... my daughter is the same - a natural born night owl.

It is true that the best sniping time is in the gloaming... funny that - but it takes a special kind of eyesight.. the one that gets headaches in bright sun... the right kind of eyesight makes very clear differentiations between things in the gloaming... 10 out of 10 is not unusual...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #5 - Jun 21st, 2019 at 10:43pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 21st, 2019 at 10:39pm:

Nor I - don't disturb my equilibrium without two cups of coffee before 11 am... I hit my straps around sunset... my daughter is the same - a natural born night owl.

It is true that the best sniping time is in the gloaming... funny that - but it takes a special kind of eyesight.. the one that gets headaches in bright sun... the right kind of eyesight makes very clear differentiations between things in the gloaming... 10 out of 10 is not unusual...

In times past, I believe people like me would have been the ones that watch over others while they slept. I can happily stay awake all night, without company, but when the birds call in the morning, my head demands sleep.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #6 - Jun 21st, 2019 at 10:46pm

Setanta wrote on Jun 21st, 2019 at 10:43pm:

In times past, I believe people like me would have been the ones that watch over others while they slept. I can happily stay awake all night, without company, but when the birds call in the morning, my head demands sleep.

I did a few years of full time overnight shifts and many years of 24hr rotational. I used to love the night shifts when I was in my 20s. I could get straight to sleep when I got home, just 3 hours would be enough then hit the gym, surf, then an anvo nap.

That would bloody kill me now.

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #7 - Jun 21st, 2019 at 11:19pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 21st, 2019 at 10:46pm:

I did a few years of full time overnight shifts and many years of 24hr rotational. I used to love the night shifts when I was in my 20s. I could get straight to sleep when I got home, just 3 hours would be enough then hit the gym, surf, then an anvo nap.

I've never been a morning person. You invited me to party? Now you're asleep? I'll shave your eyebrows, piker.

Story... Airley beach party in the '80's, only 2 night people left alive after 11pm. A razor, opposites attract, shaved the sloths in creative ways. Neither he nor I slept that night and we had each other as company. The one that was the best result was a goth type guy, dark hair, white skin. It was a work of art I tells ya. He was also the most pissed off. Watch the watchers!

« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2019 at 11:29pm by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 21st, 2019 at 11:51pm

As long as I'm asleep before sunrise... I'm fine with 4 hours sleep...

Different metabolisms, I think... some thrive on early mornings.. not this little black duck.

Might head up to watch the whales tomorrow.... some time around midday...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 21st, 2019 at 11:53pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 21st, 2019 at 10:46pm:

... or hit the beach with the board for a few hours and then doze in the sun... get lovely and burnt.

Tonight I thought:- "I need a longboard" - then the body said:-  "You're 70 now - forget it.  Now work on that gut!"

**downs another Guinness to quieten the ghosts**

― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #10 - Jun 22nd, 2019 at 8:18am

When I work at the rescue base overnight.
6.00 pm to 6.00 am
I get the sunset over the lake in the afternoon and
The sunrise over the ocean in the morning.

It's particularly spectacular when there have been fires or burn off in the area.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #11 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 7:43pm

Perdy

IBI

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #12 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 4:50pm

July 4 was 2019's aphelion phase. Our days should start getting longer from here.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #13 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 4:51pm

For those wondering, the perihelion will be on January 5th, 2020.

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #14 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 6:40pm

It is hard to beat the beautiful, but very quick, sunsets in Darwin.  Sitting at the Trailer Boat Club or at Mindl Beach with a coldie in hand

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print