Send Topic Print
She Stole the House (Read 2079 times)
PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

She Stole the House
Jun 20th, 2019 at 7:40am

Quote:
For two and a half years pensioner Julie Pearn has been paying her mortgage, whilst having to watch a squatter slowly destroy her property.

Ms Pearn alleges that the occupant Theresa Smith moved into her home in Deniliquin, in the New South Wales Riverina, without permission in November 2016, whilst Ms Pearn was away visiting her sick father.

“As far as she's concerned, she's got the rights,” Ms Pearn tells A Current Affair.

“She tells me to get off her property, get out of her house.”
Upon her return Ms Pearn claims she has tried to set up a formal rental agreement with Smith, and even offered to take her to Centrelink to help her figure out rental assistance.

Smith has now told Ms Pearn that she has squatter’s rights and will not be leaving.
Smith has been served three separate eviction notices, all of which have been ignored.

Ms Pearn has taken her case to the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal, only to be help up by red tape as there was no formal rental agreement to begin with.

Local police have told Ms Pearn they can’t remove Smith from the property until a court order is issued.

Ms Pearn is suffering from skin cancer and a heart condition, and believes that stress is taking a toll on her health.

When A Current Affair visited the Deniliquin property last week, there was visible damage to the outside of the property.

The front door and the garage door had been broken, the garden destroyed, and garbage littered around the property.

Smith hid inside, away from the cameras, shouting through the door “take the camera crew with you and f--- off".

Ms Pearn has set up camp in her motorhome beside the nearby Edward River, and has committed to staying there until she can get her home back

LINK

So an elderly Aussie is living in a van near a river as shown in the accompanying video.  She's in poor health, bucketing water in winter

while a foul mouthed Aussie favourite has been living in and destroying her home for 2.5 years

Why hasn't the 'law' issued the damn order to authorise the police to kick the squatter's arrogant backside OUT ?

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: She Stole the House
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 9:12am

Just saw a video on another site LINK

' I'm gonna bash ya Julie (to actual house owner) when I get my hands on ya '  yells the squatter

I'd call that a threat.  Recorded.  Filmed

so what are the cops doing about it?

The owner is elderly, in poor  health and living in a van near a river, waiting for the 'authorities' to chuck the squatter out on her backside and reinstate the legal owner after 2.5 years

when I saw photos and videos of the squatter, it seemed to me she needs a sympathetic legal friend to help her steal that house she's close to destroyed while living in it illegally

there's a self-proclaimed, sympathetic legal article right here in this forum who'd surely jump at the chance to help a girl steal a house and kill by increments its true owner

oh, and then we wonder if we lovely taxpayers are handing the squatter rent assistance ?  Needs checking, doesn't it, Centrelink?

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 9:39am

Wouldn't it be nice if a couple of burly types just went in and removed the ratbag?  Cool

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 9:41am

Captain Nemo wrote on Jun 20th, 2019 at 9:39am:
Wouldn't it be nice if a couple of burly types just went in and removed the ratbag?  Cool

it's the melanin barrier that keeps everyone afraid

and the squatter knows it

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 9:41am

we are being taken over by the deadbeats.. the PC mob have a lot to answer for...

here is another case if our SO CALLED TRUSTED LAW SOCIETY.. working for us all...

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/judges-criticised-for-outrageous-leni...

A judge has been slammed for an “outrageous” morning of leniency in which he slashed prison terms for two high-range drink drivers — one of whom crashed his car on a booze run after consuming a bottle of scotch in two hours — and quashed the conviction of a wedding guest who blew mid-range.

The guest, Jane Clark, 60, was caught weaving across the centre line of the road near ­Orange Police Station after ­deciding to drive 200m to her motel because it was a warm evening, she was wearing heels and a wedding outfit, acting District Court Greg Hosking was told.

“I have seen worse,” the judge said on Tuesday after being told she had lengthy driving record mainly for speeding.

Jane Clarke (left) leaves Downing Centre Court with daughter Poppy. Picture: Dylan Robinson
Then there was tradie Jose Bustamente, 69, who had downed a morning bottle of Chivas Regal scotch before being jailed for his fifth drink-driving offence and already banned from driving until 2031. He had his non-parole period more than halved to four months.

The Centrelink pensioner will get out of jail next month.

Acting Judge Hosking said he would apply “special circumstances” because it was Bustamente’s first time in jail. Records show the furniture removalist had been sentenced to seven months behind bars in 2016 after being declared a habitual drink driving offender.

The third person to successfully appeal on Tuesday was the mother who created traffic chaos two weeks before Christmas on the Sydney Harbour Bridge with her two screaming children in the back of the car as she wove onto the wrong side of the road after downing an entire bottle of vodka.

Jailed for 11 months with a non-parole period of six months two weeks ago, Acting Judge Hosking freed the 41-year-old on the spot.

“I think full-time imprisonment … is too harsh,” he told her as she sobbed appearing in court via videolink. “It must have been a nightmare for you.”

‘SORBENT SOFT’

Pedestrian Council of Australia chief Harold Scruby said on Wednesday these kind of decisions “dumbed down” the seriousness of drink-driving.

“It is outrageous,” Mr ­Scruby said.

“These judges are Sorbent four-ply soft on drink driving. The police get terribly demoralised by these decisions.
Mr Scruby said the government’s recent clampdown on low-range drink drivers — with 280 losing their licences on the spot since the tough new penalties were introduced last month — signalled how the community viewed drivers who put others at risk through their behaviour.

The most recent court figures reveal that about a quarter of drink drivers overall who appeal both their conviction and sentence win.

Nineteen per cent of the 21 high-range drivers who appealed their convictions and sentence also had a win, according to the 2015 figures from the NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research.

DEADLY TOLL

The most recent Office of Road Safety figures for 2017 show ­alcohol was involved in 51 out of 351 fatal crashes and 354 out of 5430 serious injury crashes. From these crashes there were 55 persons killed and 429 persons seriously injured — representing 14 per cent of all fatalities and 7 per cent of all serious injuries in 2017.

Provisional data for 2018 ­indicate there were 354 fatalities, of which 68 — or 19 per cent — were from alcohol-­related crashes. Of the 332 fatal crashes for that year, 58 of them — or 18 per cent — ­involved alcohol.

“We are taking a zero-tolerance approach to drink and drug driving,” said Transport minister Andrew Constance, who introduced the tough low-range measures last month.

“Drivers who have an illegal level of alcohol in their blood or have used illegal drugs have no place on the road.

“This is about saving lives. There are no more excuses.”

we seem to REWARD BADNESS>.
Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 9:49am

The allegiances of many judges need to be scrutinised

and we won't forget Phoebe Handsjuk -- tossed into the garbage by her murderer and by the judges who declared her hideous death a 'suicide' or, 'undetermined'

no, we won't forget

and I hope the care nurses upon whom those judges, in their dotage, rely, will not have forgotten Phoebe either

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 11:23am

Call it trespass and get em turfed out. This could have been solved very easily from the beginning. Squatters rights dont exist in this instance.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 11:31am

PZ547 wrote on Jun 20th, 2019 at 9:49am:

and we won't forget Phoebe Handsjuk -- tossed into the garbage by her murderer and by the judges who declared her hideous death a 'suicide' or, 'undetermined'

no, we won't forget

and I hope the care nurses upon whom those judges, in their dotage, rely, will not have forgotten Phoebe either

I must admit I did forget...

it is a weird one not resolved by a long way...

I would be on to them if I was a member of her family.. for the life of me how would anyone be able to claim she climbed into the rubbish shoot.. 12 floors up...

what forensics gives anyone that knowledge???

with her high alcohol reading how do they know she was even conscious?....

its getting harder and harder to respect our law system..

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 11:33am

rhino wrote on Jun 20th, 2019 at 11:23am:
Call it trespass and get em turfed out.

According to the news report, the police will do nothing without a court order

and for 2.5 years there's been no court order

If anyone, including police, so much as laid a hand on the squatter, you just know the media would be wailing in her defence, along with those who are paid to wail in her defence

she's laughing

in fact, she's threatening the owner with physical harm

and still the police do nought

Maybe now current affairs has brought this matter to public attention, a court order might suddenly authorise the police to remove the squatter

guess it would be too much to ask that the squatter pay for damage caused the property over the past two and half years

In any case, it's you and I who'd be paying

Back in the day, going back say fifty years, this would have ended differently and a lot swifter

the squatter would be missing a lot of teeth and hair and have a sore backside for six months, if she'd tried this on, for example, my mother.  And the townsfolk would have driven that squatter so far out into the bush ...

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 11:42am

She looks like a proud Yarkuwa woman just taking back what we stole.

IBI

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 11:44am

cods wrote on Jun 20th, 2019 at 11:31am:
PZ547 wrote on Jun 20th, 2019 at 9:49am:

no, we won't forget

I must admit I did forget...

it is a weird one not resolved by a long way...

I would be on to them if I was a member of her family.. for the life of me how would anyone be able to claim she climbed into the rubbish shoot.. 12 floors up...

what forensics gives anyone that knowledge???

with her high alcohol reading how do they know she was even conscious?....

its getting harder and harder to respect our law system..

That poor family.  Loss of a loved one is very hard, harder on some than others.  To lose a loved one so early in her life and to have her dismissed by the system people trust to deliver justice, would remain an open sore

Phoebe's father was a psychiatrist, I think.  Hope he's been able to lessen the burden of grief and helplessness for his family

Phoebe's grandfather was apparently a senior investigator and he staged at least one re-enactment to show it was close to impossible for her to have put herself in the shute

Then there's the female janitor who discovered the body and encountered a man in the garbage system room

The coroner's verdict made it impossible for Phoebe's family to take it further, apparently

The primary suspect's father and step mother were/are members of the legal fraternity

The Age, I think, or maybe Sydney Morning Herald expended enormous time and effort in a podcast which has been watched by tens of  thousands worldwide, probably more. It was nominated as one of the premier podcasts that year and is still watched and the case discussed

I know, it's just one girl, an imperfect girl, who died in a bizarre manner some years ago.  People die every day.  But real humans have something in them which baulks at injustice.  It seems to be inherent.  We recognise injustice and we want it fixed, we want to see justice to be done, often when it has no direct bearing on us or our family

Life's short.  Those responsible for not only murdering Phoebe but also denying her and her family justice will one day face their own mortality, which is when, if not before, they wonder in earnest about where they'll go and what will happen to them next

all teh money in teh world won't matter to them then, nor prestige, influence, etc.  I'd hate to be in their shoes, knowing what they know and what they did.  They didn't even toss a crumb of respect to Phoebe or her family

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 12:01pm

WTF?
A court will issue an order because she has not been there for 12yrs or more.

The owner needs to get serious and stop being kind to the c@#t. Boot its sorry arse to the pavement. Who cares if it ends up on the street. Not the owners problem.
She should have turfed her the day she got back. Called the cops then and there.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 12:08pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Jun 20th, 2019 at 12:01pm:
WTF?

The owner needs to get serious and stop being kind to the c@#t. Boot its sorry arse to the pavement. Who cares if it ends up on the street. Not the owners problem.
She should have turfed her the day she got back. Called the cops then and there.

I believe most sane people agree with you

and the owner, despite her health problems, is not a weak woman.  She's living in a caravan and hauling water from a river in a bucket

The squatter is brazen.  How she became this brazen and arrogant is open to conjecture

but she physically threatened the owner, via the media. And there's no reason to doubt she would bash the owner

the courts have let the owner down and they've dragged it out to benefit the squatter and disadvantage the owner.  There can be no other interpretation

we've seen before that it can be extremely difficult to remove determined squatters, but it can be done as we've seen on tv.  But it takes muscle and determination.  The owner seems to be on her own and may not have the money to pay a gang of strong removalists to strip the property bare of the squatters stuff.  And usually in cases where a squatter is removed by force, the police are there to remove the squatter

in the case in teh OP, the police are refusing to touch the squatter without the court order authorising them to do so

and I personally suspect a large part of the impasse is because the squatter is part aboriginal

and perhaps the courts are waiting for the owner to die in order they don't have to become embroiled in some sort of 'victim' beat up staged by the squatter and those who support that sort of person

Let's see if the current affairs report moves things along.  Hope it does.  But the owner will likely find her home trashed if she ever gets back in there without being bashed.  All because she left her cherished home to visit her sick father

and they say to opt for a tree-change

not likely

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 12:21pm

PZ547 wrote on Jun 20th, 2019 at 12:08pm:
WTF?

and the owner, despite her health problems, is not a weak woman.  She's living in a caravan and hauling water from a river in a bucket

The squatter is brazen.  How she became this brazen and arrogant is open to conjecture

but she physically threatened the owner, via the media. And there's no reason to doubt she would bash the owner

the courts have let the owner down and they've dragged it out to benefit the squatter and disadvantage the owner.  There can be no other interpretation

we've seen before that it can be extremely difficult to remove determined squatters, but it can be done as we've seen on tv.  But it takes muscle and determination.  The owner seems to be on her own and may not have the money to pay a gang of strong removalists to strip the property bare of the squatters stuff.  And usually in cases where a squatter is removed by force, the police are there to remove the squatter

in the case in teh OP, the police are refusing to touch the squatter without the court order authorising them to do so

and I personally suspect a large part of the impasse is because the squatter is part aboriginal

and perhaps the courts are waiting for the owner to die in order they don't have to become embroiled in some sort of 'victim' beat up staged by the squatter and those who support that sort of person

Let's see if the current affairs report moves things along.  Hope it does.  But the owner will likely find her home trashed if she ever gets back in there without being bashed.  All because she left her cherished home to visit her sick father

not likely

Also...I would not pay another cent to the financial institution to which I had the home loan to. Remember they are the ones that own the property...not the borrower. She has nothing they can take so go bankrupt if need be... but I sure as hell would not be paying a cent towards a home loan on a home I don't technically own anyway. 

This country and the PC brigade have a lot to answer for. Weak people get shafted everywhere.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 12:24pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Jun 20th, 2019 at 12:21pm:
PZ547 wrote on Jun 20th, 2019 at 12:08pm:
WTF?

not likely

Also...I would not pay another cent to the financial institution to which I had the home loan to. Remember they are the ones that own the property...not the borrower. She has nothing they can take so go bankrupt if need be... but I sure as hell would not be paying a cent towards a home loan on a home I don't technically own anyway. 

This country and the PC brigade have a lot to answer for. Weak people get shafted everywhere.

Agree with you 100% full post

Maybe someone should suggest it to the owner.  And maybe whomever's responsible for failing to protect the owner's rights by failing to issue the court order -- should be held to account publicly then sacked

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print