Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pedo Rapist Wants FREEEEDum (Read 628 times)
PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Pedo Rapist Wants FREEEEDum
Jun 19th, 2019 at 7:41am

Quote:
A violent paedophile who raped his nine-year-old niece at knifepoint could be back on the streets in less than 48 hours.

The rapist, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was in December jailed for 16 years over the 'cruel and degrading' attack on the little girl in Darwin during the Christmas holidays in 2009.

He is now applying for bail as part of an appeal against the jury's verdict, the NT News reported.

The man's lawyer, Ian Read, claimed in court that his client would likely have his conviction quashed, rather than face a retrial, if he is successful in appealing the jury's decision.

Mr Read added that the crimes his client was accused of were 'of a violent and extraordinary nature'

one Comment so far

Quote:
Thanks for not executing him said no one

LINK

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Pedo Rapist Wants FREEEEDum
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 8:12am

it shocks me to read stuff like this...

The man's lawyer, Ian Read, claimed in court that his client would likely have his conviction quashed, rather than face a retrial, if he is successful in appealing the jury's decision.

nothing I read about the LAWS in this country surprises me..

they are entirely in favour of the one charged....

Angry Angry Angry Angry

its disgusting   

does the victim ever get the chance to make DEALS?

as far as I know its only the privilege  the criminals get.

Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 8:17am

cods wrote on Jun 19th, 2019 at 8:12am:
it shocks me to read stuff like this...

nothing I read about the LAWS in this country surprises me..

they are entirely in favour of the one charged....

Angry Angry Angry Angry

its disgusting   

does the victim ever get the chance to make DEALS?

as far as I know its only the privilege  the criminals get.

Angry Angry Angry

That's a remarkably astute observation, Cods  Smiley

and true

We don't see that 'both sides' argument in the whore media,  nor from politicians, unfortunately.  Which is why social media has become the final bastion

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 8:23am

it has indeed...I have said for a long time

LAWS ARE MADE BY MEN
WITH MEN IN MIND..

and it gets proven over and over again..

there is no thought given to the abused... the child who did not a thing wrong   barely gets taken into consideration.......

if they are old enough they can make a victims statement.....in some case...  Roll Eyesyet it cannot affect the sentencing...... WHAT THE!

its an  apologetic APPEASEMENT  Angry Angry

in other words an insult pz...

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 8:38am

cods wrote on Jun 19th, 2019 at 8:23am:

LAWS ARE MADE BY MEN
WITH MEN IN MIND..

there is no thought given to the abused... the child who did not a thing wrong   barely gets taken into consideration.......

if they are old enough they can make a victims statement.....in some case...  Roll Eyesyet it cannot affect the sentencing...... WHAT THE!

Yep.  An insult.  Blatant.  Smirkingly so

If I remember correctly, that poor child was in intensive care and it was doubted she would survive.  If this is the same case, she had to be airlifted from an indigenous encampment to a major hospital

in days of old, the perpetrator would never have lived beyond the outskirts of that encampment.  The cops would have performed a mercy killing, quick smart.  Mercy for the world's children

but now, in these enlightened times, he's fed, housed and most likely treated with kid gloves because the whore media is intent on protecting perpetrators of the tinted variety in particular

however, regardless of his melanin component, a proven violent, predatory paedophile should be consigned to a dark cell for perpetuity

such is the permissive climate sweeping our country, though, he has the front, the missing-brain and conscience flaws, that he'd like to be released, please.  And most likely believes (because he's been encouraged to express his sense of entitlement) that the taxpayer owes him com pen saaaaay shun to boot

I wouldn't want to wear the police uniform these days.  It would be like spending one's working life in a sewer.  Nor -- if I had a gram of integrity -- would I want to earn a crust in Law

and the people who pay for all of it -- the taxpayers -- read the day's news with increasing sense of depression and hopelessness -- just as the engineers of this ratbaggery intend

Can Aussies become motivated to fill the streets, as happens elsewhere, notably Hong Kong recently?

Doubt it.  Maybe our sense of right and wrong has already been eroded to the point we simply accept injustice as ' That's how it goes'

maybe we're too polite?  But Hong Kongians are polite too, until pushed too far

so maybe we're just gutless, broken, useless, apathetic ?

if the latter, injustices will increase until we no longer know which side is up

In China recently, a rapist was executed.  Done. Over. 

Even in blighted India, a couple of rapists were subjected to mob justice and killed in the street

in Australia, we have a plethora of employed by State apologists on top of mental cases who like to be known as Social Jusice Warriors

anyway, hope the sub human going back to court on Thursday (?) is denied the freedom he seeks.  And hope as reward for his effrontery, his sentence is increased to 85 years in the clink -- with visitation rights for his victim, who will be permitted to carry a long knife to stab him at random until her justifiable anger is completely extinguished

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 9:07am

Agree with you both.

The victim gets life...
The perps get a free life.

Disgusting. And the lawyers that represent these mongrels are...IMO...just as bad. Bloody lawyers.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 9:12am

remember in years gone by   not that long ago..

the rapists legal was allowed to shred the victim in the court room....

in fact they may still have laws where the criminals past is not allowed to be  mentioned   but the victims past is allowed  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 9:34am

cods wrote on Jun 19th, 2019 at 9:12am:

in fact they may still have laws where the criminals past is not allowed to be  mentioned   but the victims past is allowed  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Makes you wonder about the secret life of these law makers.
Whether they make laws to perhaps one day, if needed......protect themselves.
Gobsmacking really.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 9:35am

Yes.  Women weren't permitted an education.  Locked out (by men who knew better) of medicine and the law because women -- suddenly, when it suited -- were 'too delicate' to be subjected to the harsh ways of the world.  Only men were fit for those roles

despite that women were molested and raped all over town

despite that women, in girlhood, are suddenly confronted with menstruation. BLOOD !  But hang on -- women couldn't do medicine because of all the BLOOD and guts

despite that women endured nine months of pregnancy and ALL that entails, usually having half a dozen kids around their knees needing to be fed and washed and supervised and nutured

THEN women gave BIRTH -- pushed a living infant human out of their bodies

and had to feed it from their bodies also

But 'women are too delicate of disposition' to deal with life's realities such as medicine and BLOOD or the taxing job of Law

There are still people alive right now who were alive when Australian law decreed that women -- should they leave their husband -- could take ONLY their sewing machine into their new life

because women needed to be PUNISHED for leaving a husband.  Practicality led to lawmakers decreeing she could have her old Singer, though.  Because she'd need to support herself and her children

After WW2, women were sacked from jobs in order those jobs could be handed to men home from raping and killing overseas

and women, until quite recently, received half the pay of men for the same work.  Laws made by men for men

It wasn't until 1988 that Qld police were forced -- forced because they were highly reluctant to do so -- to actually intervene on a woman's behalf in cases of domestic violence.  They were told to remove the primary assailant, most usually the male, from the premises for some hours to 'let things cool down'.  1988.  Until then, police declined to get involved in 'domestics'

and yes, in cases of rape, the men (and women who behaved like men from the bench) were able to see their victims' reputations destroyed in public.  How many boyfriends had she had, for example.  Even if she'd had zero boyfriends, the victim was somehow to blame.  And sad to say, the rapists' girlfriends, sisters, mothers and other female relations and friends stood up for him and demonised the victims.  Ala the Scaff animals

which is why it's also handy to remind men that they commenced life as females

their heads explode and suddenly they're googling for an out -- anything will do

men commenced life as females.  The female is the default mode

and who -- who has explored males' female selves as the reason for misogyny?  Misogyny which goes as deep back in history as it's possible to go.  And spreads as wide as the entire world's surface.  Misogyny -- female hatred -- permeating every nook and cranny of every religion ever devised.  And which still poisons countless cultures

Sadly, when women -- biological women -- gain measurable power and authority (as with female politicians, doctors, lawmakers and those who are employed by Law) they turn into men in skirts.  They become as bad as bad men, often worse.  Few women want to work under a female boss, for example -- they'd prefer a male boss

women work as prostitutes

as strippers

as fake titted celebrities

as procurers and paedophile helpers

so in the end, bad as it is, the problem isn't confined to male vs female.  It's human vs human.  The good fight on.  The war is continual.  And bad bastards, both male and female, are born every minute

Planet Earth is a good place to get away from.  Do your best then say sayonara and turn into smoke

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 11:16am

Captain Caveman wrote on Jun 19th, 2019 at 9:34am:

Makes you wonder about the secret life of these law makers.
Whether they make laws to perhaps one day, if needed......protect themselves.
Gobsmacking really.

its the way I see it. capt...and from one or two comments on here   it very much answers me... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I have always said  we all have good and bad in us....its all part of self preservation I understand that,

and some  men still live in the stone age ... ONLY SOME Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  so thats the good bit...

things are changing   not as fast as they should

we have come a long way  with regards to the things PZ has brought up....women have left the blokes behind in a lot of areas.....SPORT IS ONE>...lolol..

we are so good   that some men want to infiltrate womens sport..... Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #10 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 11:37am

Give 'im the freedom of the yard one hour a day in general population.... he could play with the boys there....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #11 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 12:20pm

Since the bloke was convicted and sentenced in December it is highly unlikely that he will get bail.

Of course his lawyer would say that it is highly likely that the conviction will be quashed since that's his job.

Without being privvy to the evidence submitted in his first trial we can not say one way or another if the conviction will be thrown out however Supreme Court Judges are not known to throw out convictions without a good reason.

Realistically the only way it would happen is if the defence can prove that the verdit was 'unsafe or unsatisfactory' meaning that the evidence must be seen to be ‘so defective that, even taken at its highest, it could not sustain a verdict of guilty.’

This, however, is a very high threshold to meet – and even in cases where the evidence is ‘tenuous or inherently weak or vague’ it rarely results in a conviction being quashed.

It happened in the case of M v The Queen

The case involved a man charged with indecently and sexually assaulting his 13 year old daughter. Throughout the entire process, M maintained his innocence and vehemently denied the alleged acts.

As is often the case in sexual assault trials, the complainant’s testimony was the only evidence against the accused. However, a whole range of inconsistencies and implausible assertions arose from her evidence.

In addition, sexual assault experts who physically examined the complainant testified that there was no evidence of physical penetration as alleged.

A jury found M to be guilty. M appealed the conviction all the way up to the High Court, arguing that it would be unsafe and unsatisfactory for the verdict to stand.

His appeal ultimately succeeded.

If the defence lawyer in this case want's to see the conviction quashed he is going to have to do alot better than "if the man did commit the offences, he would have known he would be caught because other family members were staying in the same house at the time."

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 2:04pm

Indeed Taven.  I know nothing about this case or the evidence so I'll not comment other than to acknowledge the victim was certainly very violently ravaged.  Someone did it...was it the accused/convicted?

Cods...Alphabet Number?

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #13 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 3:27pm

cods wrote on Jun 19th, 2019 at 8:23am:

LAWS ARE MADE BY MEN
WITH MEN IN MIND..

There are many factors that influence the way our laws are perceived and implemented in this country. Take these two separate cases.

Case 1. A West Australian volleyball coach who is facing a possible jail term for having sex with one of his 16-year-old players.

The 39-year-old man, who cannot be named to protect the identity of the victim, has pleaded guilty to 11 charges of engaging in sexual activity with the teenager

As the teenage victim watched proceedings from the public gallery, Mr Hofmann told the court the girl had been present at every one of his client's court appearances and appeared to have "genuine affection" for him.

"My client says she is a lovely girl with whom he became infatuated … I suggest there is no grievance on her part, however the law says this a very serious offence," he said.

State prosecutor Brianna Rositano argued the man should receive an immediate jail term, saying he had exploited the girl's young age and vulnerability.

The man will be sentenced next month.

Source

Case 2. Jury takes 15 minutes to acquit high school teacher who had sex with student.

A female teacher charged after having sex with a student of a North Queensland school where she was working at the time has been acquitted of unlawful carnal knowledge.

The District Court in Townsville heard Sarah Joy Guazzo seduced the then-16-year-old student, drove him to secluded locations, gave him alcohol and had sex with him on several occasions in 2016.

Ms Guazzo pleaded not guilty to three counts of procuring a young person for carnal knowledge.
Under the Queensland Criminal Code, such an offence is committed when someone "procures a person who is not an adult or is a person with an impairment of the mind to engage in carnal knowledge".

Crown prosecutor Dominique Orr said the pair were worlds apart in life experience and that the student made the first move in initiating sex because the teacher had manipulated him into it.

"She told [the student] how she and her husband hadn't slept together in a while — she said he wasn't giving it to her," Ms Orr said.

Defence lawyer Stephen Zillman urged the jury to consider evidence provided by the student under questioning.

"You were asked: 'So the truth is you didn't feel you were taken advantage of?' To which you answered: 'Not at all, not at all'," Mr Zillman said.

In closing, Mr Zillman said the student was aware of his actions and had treated the defendant like a piece of meat.

Source

Same age of victim, similar positions of authority. Except one accused is a woman and one is a man.

It's seems in the minds of many it's more acceptable when the perpetrator is a female. But it's just as serious.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #14 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 7:16pm

Darwin

Pedophile rape

Let off easy

One wonders what nationality the animal is?

I have an idea.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print