Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Muslim woman scholar and politician explains Islam (Read 6809 times)
aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Muslim woman scholar and politician explains Islam
Reply #45 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:51pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 11:33am:
mothra wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 9:19am:
You like her because she denounces Islam. Were she beating the drum for feminism, you would call her addicted to emotional responses.

So true mothra. Aqua is all over the shot on this one with a clearly irrational apologia for a hate monger who cynically uses blatant lies to further her political career.

are you saying that ALL criticism of islam is a potential hate crime ?
if not, exactly how much criticism are we allowed ?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:55pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:51pm:
You like her because she denounces Islam. Were she beating the drum for feminism, you would call her addicted to emotional responses.

So true mothra. Aqua is all over the shot on this one with a clearly irrational apologia for a hate monger who cynically uses blatant lies to further her political career.

are you saying that ALL criticism of islam is a potential hate crime ?
if not, exactly how much criticism are we allowed ?

Surely, any criticism of it at all is low vibrational, beta endeavour, No?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:55pm

Interesting how they change, isn't it?

They start out as free-traders opposing government regulation. They come to fixate on "the left". They join the bigots and reactionaries in attacking the so-called progressives.

Before long, they've become "patriots", promoting tyranny and opposing any form of freedom whatsoever, with one small exception:

The freedom to attack the tinted.

We've seen it all over the years here. We've watched sane, tolerant people morph into rabid racists until finally, they scoff at the notion of racism itself.

Racism: so passé.

Aquascoot is now going through this process. Personally, I don't think he's racist at all, but as he blends in with the bigots he is exposed to their porkies, porkies that, as we know all too well, are used in the war against the tinted.

There's no bigger zealot than a convert, and no one is more comfortable spreading lies. The newcomers have been through the process of conversion, the staged brainwashing of the cult. No one feels more than the convert the imperative of bringing souls to the cause, whatever it takes.

There's your Muselman, for a start. Their suicide bombers are usually young, dumb and full of cum converts. It's the same with your "patriot" bomber or shooter.

Having seen it here, we know how easy it is to be brainwashed. Aquascoot is going through the process himself, first through Trump, and now through the anti-Islam/tinted campaign. This is why hate-speech needs to be addressed, and it all comes back to race.

You'll never shift the entrenched white supremacist through reason. How much luck have you had with FD?

But you can stop people being converted by addressing the lies at the outset.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:59pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 11:57am:
aquascoot wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 10:55am:
Are you asserting the Southern poverty  law centre is a conservative institution

No, dear, I'm talking about apologists. Why do you think they're from "the left"?

ben affleck was on Bill Maher and went full on nuclear because maher expressed concerns about islam.
Ben said that Maher just hated "brown people"
but hirsi ali IS BROWN.
she is a WOMAN.
she was targetted for death by islamists in holland and because she had security and her producer did not, they murdered him and pin a death threat to her on his corpse.

now she flees to america and the sothern poverty law centre, a very well funded entity publishes a list with her as a hate criminal.
people from the left dox her saying they see her regularly at a certain starbucks or farmers market.
this is clearly designed to send her the message that she stops criticising islam or she might just get taken out.
the idea that a refugee should walk around with a target on her back because she dares criticise something the left dont want criticised is abhorent.

it is silencing people through the absolute worst kind of bullying.
you karnal should be better then that.
i know moth and gandy are a little thick , but you have a good brain and you know exactly what the left are doing by listing someone as a hate criminal and then revealing their personal details.

thats pretty evil. thats actually pretty unhinged

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 1:01pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:55pm:
You'll never shift the entrenched white supremacist through reason. How much luck have you had with FD?

I've given up hope in that, even.

I just like the seed planting thing. There's a lovely maybe attached to that.

Aside from that, i determine to be a voice of opposition.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 1:03pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:59pm:
Are you asserting the Southern poverty  law centre is a conservative institution

No, dear, I'm talking about apologists. Why do you think they're from "the left"?

ben affleck was on Bill Maher and went full on nuclear because maher expressed concerns about islam.
but hirsi ali IS BROWN.
she is a WOMAN.
she was targetted for death by islamists in holland and because she had security and her producer did not, they murdered him and pin a death threat to her on his corpse.

now she flees to america and the sothern poverty law centre, a very well funded entity publishes a list with her as a hate criminal.
people from the left dox her saying they see her regularly at a certain starbucks or farmers market.
this is clearly designed to send her the message that she stops criticising islam or she might just get taken out.
the idea that a refugee should walk around with a target on her back because she dares criticise something the left dont want criticised is abhorent.

i know moth and gandy are a little thick , but you have a good brain and you know exactly what the left are doing by listing someone as a hate criminal and then revealing their personal details.

Why ar you refusing to read what is being said to you?

It has all been explained.

Why are you still fighting?

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 1:05pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:55pm:

Interesting how they change, isn't it?

They start out as free-traders opposing government regulation. They come to fixate on "the left". They join the bigots and reactionaries in attacking the so-called progressives.

Before long, they've become "patriots", promoting tyranny and opposing any form of freedom whatsoever, with one small exception:

The freedom to attack the tinted.

We've seen it all over the years here. We've watched sane, tolerant people morph into rabid racists until finally, they scoff at the notion of racism itself.

Racism: so passé.

Aquascoot is now going through this process. Personally, I don't think he's racist at all, but as he blends in with the bigots he is exposed to their porkies, porkies that, as we know all too well, are used in the war against the tinted.

There's no bigger zealot than a convert, and no one is more comfortable spreading lies. The newcomers have been through the process of conversion, the staged brainwashing of the cult. No one feels more than the convert the imperative of bringing souls to the cause, whatever it takes.

There's your Muselman, for a start. Their suicide bombers are usually young, dumb and full of cum converts. It's the same with your "patriot" bomber or shooter.

Having seen it here, we know how easy it is to be brainwashed. Aquascoot is going through the process himself, first through Trump, and now through the anti-Islam/tinted campaign. This is why hate-speech needs to be addressed, and it all comes back to race.

dude , i am no trump lover.
i think he's pure entertainment .
and lets face it the economy is doing fine and unemployment is fine and the sky is not falling.

but i do think there is a need to have an open and frank discussion about the ideology of islam.

and that cant be had at the moment.

you raise it in any context and you are branded an islamophobe and the debate is shut down.
thats unhealthy and you know it.

the prayers, the fasting, the getting together, the hospitality, the code of conduct of islam is all fine.
but we have to be able to discuss the bits that arent fine and thats never going to happen if one side labels any criticism as hate .

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 1:08pm

mothra wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 1:03pm:

but hirsi ali IS BROWN.
she is a WOMAN.

so you deny that she has heightened security concerns

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #53 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 1:10pm

mothra wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:09pm:
Gordon wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:06pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 2:39pm:
aquascoot wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:54am:
PZ547 wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:01am:
Aqua, does she explain or attempt to justify female genital mutilation?

Was she subjected to FGM?

I haven't watched the video yet, but don't want to bother if she hasn't taken islam to task

thanks

yes she was.
she talks about it and her upbringing .
it was just the norm.

she talks about the simplicity of surrendering to a belief system, but how , when she went to the west, she could not reconcile that belief system with what she saw as western values.

she is quite an extraordinary woman .

there are so few people who have left the faith and have a spine to talk about it.
and , indeed, we see why.
she has been the subject of death threats and her publisher was killed.

Her FGM may have been true, I don't know, but pretty everything else she claimed about her 'oppressive' upbringing has been shown to be lies:

How would you know, Gandalf? Should she provide you personal photographic evidence?

He doesn't know. That's why he says he doesn't know.

Tell me Gordy, are you inclined to question the claims of proven liars?

He was clearly doubting her claim of FGM.

Well I don't know if that's true because she lied about everything else.

Most girls in Somalia experience genital mutilation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/07/20/most-girls-in-somal...

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 1:10pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 1:08pm:
mothra wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 1:03pm:

but hirsi ali IS BROWN.
she is a WOMAN.

so you deny that she has heightened security concerns

Did i?

Why is fighting against Islam noteworthy but fighting for feminism low vibrational and suggestive of addiction to the emotional state?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 1:11pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 1:10pm:

I haven't watched the video yet, but don't want to bother if she hasn't taken islam to task

thanks

yes she was.
it was just the norm.

she talks about the simplicity of surrendering to a belief system, but how , when she went to the west, she could not reconcile that belief system with what she saw as western values.

there are so few people who have left the faith and have a spine to talk about it.

Her FGM may have been true, I don't know, but pretty everything else she claimed about her 'oppressive' upbringing has been shown to be lies:

How would you know, Gandalf? Should she provide you personal photographic evidence?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/07/20/most-girls-in-somal...

No he wasn't. He was saying that while she has lied about so much, that may well be true.

You, on the other hand, lie freely. Mostly encouraged.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #56 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 1:13pm

mothra wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 1:11pm:

thanks

yes she was.
it was just the norm.

No he wasn't. He was saying that while she has lied about so much, that may well be true.

Show me one lie, Everclear?

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 1:15pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 1:13pm:
mothra wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 1:11pm:

thanks

yes she was.
it was just the norm.

Show me one lie, Everclear?

That one, for a start.

Gee, what did Everclear say to you? You are smart-ing!

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #58 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 1:34pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 1:05pm:
the prayers, the fasting, the getting together, the hospitality, the code of conduct of islam is all fine.
but we have to be able to discuss the bits that arent fine and thats never going to happen if one side labels any criticism as hate .

We should, and lord knows we try.

But then you get the Hirsi's of this world who come out shrieking that Islam is totally irredeemable - a religion only of hate and violence that must be opposed at every step - violently if necessary.

Against that, what hope have muslim moderates and sympathisers with "discussing the bits that aren't fine" in a sane and rational way? At best we are mocked, at worst we are viewed as deeply sinister and dangerous. We, after all, have the temerity to argue that "our" Islam is not the violent, intollerant and hateful cult Hirsi portrays it as. The Hirsi's of this world don't seek an actual "conversation" about Islam that might be useful - seeking understanding and common ground with muslims and sympathetic leftists, that sort of thing. No, she seeks only to oppose and 'stick it' to the progressives as if its some childish point scoring game. Not unlike how the partisans carry on here on this forum. She's just a little bit more sophisticated about it. She is cynical, using her blatant lies about her "oppressive" background to further her agenda and further her political career.

Hirsi actually stands steadfastly against what you call for aqua - which is to sit down and have a constructive and civilized dialogue to work out our differences. Muslims themselves have stressed this - pointing out that she is right to 'start a conversation' on the plethora of problems in the muslim world - its just a shame that a conversation is not what she's actually interested in. So I really don't know why you are defending her - other than the obvious point that she shouldn't be labelled a criminal (which I don't think anyone here is advocating anyway, so seems like a strawman to me).

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 2:39pm

but hirsi ali IS BROWN.
she is a WOMAN.

Oh, I think we all know she's BROWN, dear.

I haven't seen anyone here criticising her for that. Nor have I seen anyone say she shouldn't get refuge from a violent family or go to Starbucks.

Mother and Gandy, however, have questioned some of her alleged facts. Questioning somebody's porkies is hardly attributable only to "the left". I would hardly call it bullying.

But alas, you seem bothered about them talking about her at all. And here I was thinking FD was the only one who refused to admit uses porkies in his campaign against the Muselman,

You?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print