Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Muslim woman scholar and politician explains Islam (Read 6730 times)
aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Muslim woman scholar and politician explains Islam
Reply #15 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 6:09pm

It seems amazing that a woman who is genitally mutilated, escapes an arranged marriage, goes to holland and goes to uni. Is elected to parliament, has her story told by a Dutch film maker.

The film shows her leaving the faith.

The film maker is stabbed and a death threat to her pinned on his corpse

She flees to America.
Gets work at Stanford and Harvard AND
Gandalf labels her a fraud and the southern poverty law centre finds her guilty of a hate crime for renouncing her faith ( after genital mutilation, arranged marriage and attempts on her life)

You can't make this sort of hypocrisy up.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 6:28pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 2:39pm:
A proven liar - done for the most cynical of reasons, to further her political career. Also this so-called "free speech" warrior advocates violence against muslims, as well as supports closing down Islamic schools.

Extraordinary woman indeed.

ahh, so that's why the Islamaphobes on here are so fond of her.

I knew there had to be a reason.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 6:30pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 6:09pm:
You can't make this sort of hypocrisy up.

so you believe everything she says, except for when she says she lied about it all?  Grin Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 6:38pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 6:28pm:
A proven liar - done for the most cynical of reasons, to further her political career. Also this so-called "free speech" warrior advocates violence against muslims, as well as supports closing down Islamic schools.

ahh, so that's why the Islamaphobes on here are so fond of her.

I knew there had to be a reason.

so gandalf says she was born in kenya.
a quick look at wikipredia refutes that.

and he says she advocates violence agianst islam.

extraordinary.

how does one get a position as a professor at a prestigous university if one "advocates violence against muslims".

admit it, she left the faith, she was nearly killed but because she dared to criticise the faith, her reputation has to be trashed by lefties like you.

look at yourself.

john smith , a white priveledged male attacking a brown woman assylum seeker who  requires security to prevent men killing her.

you are indeed a hypocrite and it is plain for all to see.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 6:42pm

Theodoor "Theo" van Gogh (Dutch: [ˈteːjoː vɑŋ ˈɣɔx];[1] 23 July 1957 – 2 November 2004) was a Dutch film director, film producer, television director, television producer, television presenter, screenwriter, actor, critic and author.

Van Gogh worked with the Somali-born writer and politician Ayaan Hirsi Ali to produce the short film Submission (2004), which criticized the treatment of women in Islam. It provoked outrage from the Dutch Muslim community. On 2 November 2004, van Gogh was assassinated by Mohammed Bouyeri, a Dutch-Moroccan Muslim who objected to the controversial film. The last film van Gogh had completed before his death, 06/05, was a fictionalized exploration of the assassination of Dutch politician Pim Fortuyn (1948–2002). It was released posthumously in December 2004, a month following van Gogh's assassination.

i suppose he deserved it , hey Mr Smith , doing a film on a brown woman

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 6:44pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 6:38pm:
a quick look at wikipredia refutes that.

you realise that anyone can edit anything in wiki right?  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 6:44pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:54am:
PZ547 wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:01am:
Aqua, does she explain or attempt to justify female genital mutilation?

Was she subjected to FGM?

I haven't watched the video yet, but don't want to bother if she hasn't taken islam to task

thanks

yes she was.
she talks about it and her upbringing .
it was just the norm.

she talks about the simplicity of surrendering to a belief system, but how , when she went to the west, she could not reconcile that belief system with what she saw as western values.

she is quite an extraordinary woman .

there are so few people who have left the faith and have a spine to talk about it.
and , indeed, we see why.
she has been the subject of death threats and her publisher was killed.

Her FGM may have been true, I don't know, but pretty everything else she claimed about her 'oppressive' upbringing has been shown to be lies:

Quote:
Born Ayaan Hirsi Magam, she migrated to the Netherlands in 1992, changed her name to Hirsi Ali, and lied to Dutch authorities about her past. Contrary to the story she told the government, she arrived in the Netherlands not from war-torn Somalia, but from Kenya, where she lived in a secure environment and under the protection of the United Nations, which funded her education at a well-regarded Muslim girls’ school. Though she told immigration authorities and the Dutch public she had fled from civil war in Somalia, she left that country before its war broke out. Indeed, she did not live through a war there or anywhere else. Thanks to her fabrications, Hirsi Ali received political asylum in just five weeks.

Hirsi Ali told astonished audiences on Dutch talk shows that her supposedly devout family had forced her to marry a draconian Muslim man, that she had not been present at her own wedding, and that her family had threatened to kill her for offending their religious honor. However, Zembla told a drastically different story. Hirsi Ali’s brother, aunt and former husband each testified that she had indeed been present at her wedding. It turned out that Hirsi Ali’s mother had sent her brother to a Christian school, not exactly an indication of Islamic fanaticism.

“Yeah, I made up the whole thing,” Hirsi Ali admitted on camera to a Zembla reporter who confronted her with her lies. “I said my name was Ayaan Hirsi Ali instead of Ayaan Hirsi Magan. I also said I was born in 1967 while I was actually born in 1969.”

Hirsi Ali’s claim of honor killing threats also appears to be empty; she remained in touch with her father and aunt after she left her husband. In fact, her husband even came to visit her in the Dutch refugee center where she lived after leaving him. Even though he had paid her way to Europe on the grounds that she would join him in Canada, Hirsi Ali’s husband consented to the divorce she sought.

In 2003, just a decade after gaining political asylum in the Netherlands, Hirsi Ali was elected to the Dutch parliament on the ticket of the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy. VVD leadership knew that the story Hirsi Ali told on her immigration forms was a gigantic lie — she had told them as much — but covered up the fraud and even advanced it to propel her career.

https://www.alternet.org/2015/03/anti-islam-author-ayaan-hirsi-alis-latest-decep...

She falsified some details to escape from Muslim like you, people who would do her harm simply for not accepting Mohammed and the Koran and for thinking for herself. You are doing it right here, before our eyes.

Telling the truth to Muslims like you gets people killed by Muslims like you - devout, sharia-compliant, Mohammed-believing, Koran-adffirming Muslims.

Muslims like you - devout, believing Muslims - killed Theo van Gogh, , flew planes into buildings, blew up trains in London and Madrid, gunned down cartoonists and theatre goers in Paris, drove trucks into crowds in Marseilles and Stockholm - all for Mohammed and Islam.  So stop being so bugger* self-righteous about Islam. You are a jihadist like them, you are exactly on the same page as them.You are a devotee of the exact same ideology that fuels violence across the globe.  You have zero credibility. You are an enabler and agitator for jihad for sharia and the kaliphate. You cannot do otherwise.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 6:55pm

PALO ALTO, Calif.— Imagine Ayaan Hirsi Ali's surprise to find that a career spent fighting extremism had landed her on a list of extremists.

The Southern Poverty Law Center is a self-described "civil rights" group with a well-documented habit (or a strategy, more likely) of branding as "extremists" and "hate groups" outspoken enemies of the cultural Left. When SPLC came after Hirsi Ali, the activist and scholar vigorously defended her reputation.

"I’ve never met anyone from the Southern Poverty Law Center. I didn’t know they existed until they put my name on that list," Hirsi Ali told reporters at a Hoover Institution media round table Monday, reflecting on the SPLC's decision to categorize her as an anti-Muslim extremist. "Since 9/11/2001, I was used to being put on lists, and in so many different ways being vilified. So, at first, I didn’t think anything of it until I realized their level of influence, that they were actually saying you can’t invite this woman because she is an extremist. And then I went on their website and I saw who the other extremists are — white supremacists, and all the fringe, really, really radical extreme fringe groups — and I thought, who on earth are these people, and why are they taken so seriously?"

Born in Somalia, where she grew up a "devout Muslim," Hirsi Ali was subject to genital mutilation, ultimately fleeing to the Netherlands in her early 20s to escape a forced marriage. Her career has subsequently focused on fighting Islamic extremism, especially in the context of women's rights and, among other pursuits, she's held positions at the American Enterprise Institute, Harvard University, and Hoover, where Hirsi Ali currently works as a research fellow.

After the white nationalist demonstrations in Charlottesville, Va., last summer, "Apple and JPMorgan and [George] Clooney started throwing money at" SPLC, "making them even more influential," Hirsi Ali said, explaining why she sought out a platform in the New York Times to expose the SPLC's practices, frustrated by that string of high-profile donations.

"It’s really kind of a scam that these people are pulling off. At one point they started off with very serious issues like civil rights groups, and stood up for these people, but after that it’s just one big fundraising machine," Hirsi Ali noted.
Eighteen months after being published, the list of "anti-Muslim extremists” that included Hirsi Ali was wiped from the SPLC's website this April.

source washington examiner

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #23 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 7:44pm

I haven't watched the video yet, but don't want to bother if she hasn't taken islam to task

thanks

yes she was.
it was just the norm.

she talks about the simplicity of surrendering to a belief system, but how , when she went to the west, she could not reconcile that belief system with what she saw as western values.

there are so few people who have left the faith and have a spine to talk about it.

Her FGM may have been true, I don't know, but pretty everything else she claimed about her 'oppressive' upbringing has been shown to be lies:

Quote:
Born Ayaan Hirsi Magam, she migrated to the Netherlands in 1992, changed her name to Hirsi Ali, and lied to Dutch authorities about her past. Contrary to the story she told the government, she arrived in the Netherlands not from war-torn Somalia, but from Kenya, where she lived in a secure environment and under the protection of the United Nations, which funded her education at a well-regarded Muslim girls’ school. Though she told immigration authorities and the Dutch public she had fled from civil war in Somalia, she left that country before its war broke out. Indeed, she did not live through a war there or anywhere else. Thanks to her fabrications, Hirsi Ali received political asylum in just five weeks.

Hirsi Ali told astonished audiences on Dutch talk shows that her supposedly devout family had forced her to marry a draconian Muslim man, that she had not been present at her own wedding, and that her family had threatened to kill her for offending their religious honor. However, Zembla told a drastically different story. Hirsi Ali’s brother, aunt and former husband each testified that she had indeed been present at her wedding. It turned out that Hirsi Ali’s mother had sent her brother to a Christian school, not exactly an indication of Islamic fanaticism.

“Yeah, I made up the whole thing,” Hirsi Ali admitted on camera to a Zembla reporter who confronted her with her lies. “I said my name was Ayaan Hirsi Ali instead of Ayaan Hirsi Magan. I also said I was born in 1967 while I was actually born in 1969.”

Hirsi Ali’s claim of honor killing threats also appears to be empty; she remained in touch with her father and aunt after she left her husband. In fact, her husband even came to visit her in the Dutch refugee center where she lived after leaving him. Even though he had paid her way to Europe on the grounds that she would join him in Canada, Hirsi Ali’s husband consented to the divorce she sought.

In 2003, just a decade after gaining political asylum in the Netherlands, Hirsi Ali was elected to the Dutch parliament on the ticket of the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy. VVD leadership knew that the story Hirsi Ali told on her immigration forms was a gigantic lie — she had told them as much — but covered up the fraud and even advanced it to propel her career.

https://www.alternet.org/2015/03/anti-islam-author-ayaan-hirsi-alis-latest-decep...

Gandalf are you claiming that she used her grandfather's surname on her asylum application to benefit her political career?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 8:09pm

thanks

yes she was.
it was just the norm.

Quote:

You fuel violent jihad.  Your ideology is indistinguishable from the jihadists' - Islam teaches you all to be violently oppressive supremacists. 

Looking at the societies you have created and want to create, you come across as fanatic lunatics. Wanting sharia and the kalifate is mad lunacy. All you devout Muslim are for it. You are all mad and dangerous and must be resisted at every turn.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #25 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 10:08pm

Gandalf will happily invent fanciful histories of mindless collectives of treacherous Jews to support genocide, but when a Muslim woman seeks refugee status and takes her grandfather's name to escape retribution from her family, he gets all high and mighty about people lying.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #26 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 10:52pm

freediver wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 7:44pm:

thanks

yes she was.
it was just the norm.

Quote:

Gandalf are you claiming that she used her grandfather's surname on her asylum application to benefit her political career?

No FD, I'm saying she lied about living through the war in Somalia to benefit her political career. She had live in Kenya for 10 years before moving to Holland:

Quote:
The TV programme, broadcast 10 days ago, highlighted the fact that Hirsi Ali had falsified her original asylum application in Holland, saying that she had not come from war-torn Somalia as she claimed, but from Kenya, where she had lived peacefully for 10 years. The fact that she had lied was well-known, retorted Hirsi Ali

Her claims of fleeing an abusive forced marriage and a strict muslim family have also come into question by a Dutch journalist who travelled to Somalia and Kenya to research the matter and found her story full of holes. For example eye witnesses place her at her wedding she claimed she had avoided after fleeing for asylum.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #27 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 10:53pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 6:38pm:
so gandalf says she was born in kenya.

Rubbish.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #28 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 11:51pm

Quote:
I'm saying she lied about living through the war in Somalia to benefit her political career.

What did she say?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #29 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:16am

freediver wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 11:51pm:
Quote:
I'm saying she lied about living through the war in Somalia to benefit her political career.

What did she say?

that she had fled the war in Somalia to get asylum -when in truth she moved from Kenya:

Quote:
Hirsi Ali had long ago alerted her party to the 'lie' in her 1992 asylum application. She had claimed to come from Somalia (where she lived as a child) because, being a wartorn country, it would qualify her for asylum. She has publicly stated several times she was ashamed of doing so. The truth was that she had lived for 10 years as a refugee in Kenya.

Are you expecting me to dig up the exact quote she gave to Dutch immigration officials?

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print