Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Muslim woman scholar and politician explains Islam (Read 6734 times)
aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Muslim woman scholar and politician explains Islam
Jun 16th, 2019 at 7:51am

i admire this lady very much.
she was in the dutch parliament and her publisher was murdered.
a spine of steel

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Muslim woman scholar and politician explains Islam
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:01am

Aqua, does she explain or attempt to justify female genital mutilation?

Was she subjected to FGM?

I haven't watched the video yet, but don't want to bother if she hasn't taken islam to task

thanks

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:54am

PZ547 wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:01am:

I haven't watched the video yet, but don't want to bother if she hasn't taken islam to task

thanks

yes she was.
she talks about it and her upbringing .
it was just the norm.

she talks about the simplicity of surrendering to a belief system, but how , when she went to the west, she could not reconcile that belief system with what she saw as western values.

she is quite an extraordinary woman .

there are so few people who have left the faith and have a spine to talk about it.
and , indeed, we see why.
she has been the subject of death threats and her publisher was killed.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 10:34am

Thanks for your reply, Aqua

It didn't click when I looked at the video stub, but the moment you began talking about her, I realised who she is.  Of course.  I've read about her, not in depth

So, is education the solution?  She was willing to take other views on board.  Wonder how common her story is? 

In the past, in here, I've said I believe it's just a matter of time and gradual assimilation before perhaps third or fourth generation islamic migrants let go of their forebears' beliefs and values.  I've seen it with Christian Lebanese -- the parents were completely unschooled and after arriving in Australia in the 50s/60s were distraught when their children (brought as infants to Australia) chose to live like their Aussie friends.  The parents attempted to beat and bully their kids into remaining within the Lebanese community, but they simply succeeded in alienating their own children. Even the language became a barrier because their kids weren't fluent in their parents dialect

Now the members of that family are into their third generation in Australia.  The grandchildren of the original migrant grandparents have for the most part married within their Lebanese community (which is a very small number, worldwide) but their friends are from every nationality.  And no doubt the fourth generation (great grandchildren of the original migrant couple) will stretch even further outside the Lebanese community, possibly marry those of different nationalities

all that seems a great length of time, but actually it's occurred within an ordinary human lifespan of roughly seventy years

The children of the first migrant couple mentioned above were torn and rebelled not only against their parents' migrant community, but also against Australians.  They robbed, raped, bashed, etc.  Aussies copped the brunt of it.  To be suspected is that it's similar within the middle eastern muslim migrants

The rebellion issue is understandable.  Middle easterners are tribal in many cases.  They know strength lies in numbers.  The parents hammer the kids with their religion and make them feel guilty, traitors, if they stray.  But those migrant kids want to conform with Aussies.  So they're torn and feel guilty whichever way they turn.  For kids raised in unsophisticated homes, it's very difficult.  They feel inferior compared to Aussie kids, so they join gangs to 'get even' with those whom they'd actually like to be

The misogyny remains a huge problem regardless of the passing of time, unfortunately.  But that's true of the wider community, regardless of nationality

We have muslim neighbours.  They were obviously brought here when young or were born here, because they speak Aussie English like natives, although when together they speak their own language.  They don't bother anyone, everyone says gooday to them and so on

The problem seems to be Islamic education/schools, which would obviously perpetuate, as intended, the religion, etc.  Hard for them to assimilate when kids are closeted in Islamic schools and unable to mix from childhood with the host population

but, also the reverse comes into play.  If I were a child seeing an outside world and warned about participating in it, I'd for sure develop a healthy curiosity about that outside world and as I grew older, I'd be drawn to it simply because my repressive parents were a pain in the bum.  My question would be, Why bring me here if you stop me from actually living here?  And I'd be correct.  For sure, the Lebanese kids I mentioned earlier were of that attitude and the more their parents tried to hold them within the Lebanese community, the more those kids fought to break free of it

Also, the Islamic fence can't be erected when migrant kids start attending university.  So I'm trusting that muslims will adopt Australia and more fully with each passing generation

but the Usual Parasites will have to be prevented from sending any more African muslims to our country, because there are more social issues to be feared with them than just that of religion.  The Parasites have done their best, aided by some in government, paid by Aussies, to give us a never-ending race problem, as they did with the US (and now Europe generally).  The Parasites don't want them though.  The Parasites claim they must protect their 'homogeneity'  Grin  (meaning, I guess, all those red haired Russian settler garbage)

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 11:16am

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center , she's an extremist responsible for hate speech.

IBI

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 12:55pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:54am:

there are so few people who have left the faith and have a spine to talk about it.

No one is permitted to leave ISLAM.

It is against the law.

ISLAMIC law.

Mohammed, the revered Messenger of Allah made it law.

THE HADITH....

"...the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him."
- DEAD.
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #004.052.260

IMAGE....

Yassmin Abdel-Magied

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1549975504/0#0
Quote:

"Me praying five times a day, is sharia."

- Yassmin Abdel-Magied

To all naive non-moslems, filthy, LYING moslems will portray ISLAMIC law as something benign [as something which is not dangerous, to non-moslems].

That, is simply moslems LYING, and misrepresenting the 'nature' and character of ISLAM.

Many, many moslems, will - - shamelessly - - do that!!!

Many moslems who are citizens of, and who are living in the West, will openly admit to their non-moslem co-citizens, that it is their deep, deep desire, to impose ISLAMIC law upon the secular nation where they live.
...n.b.    these are secular nations,       which many moslems came to, as supposed asylum seekers,
claiming to be seeking a safe sanctuary from oppression.
because they had to flee their own 'homeland' nations.
nations where ISLAMIC law, was the law of the land.

IMO, for our protection, all moslems need to be socially isolated.

Why so ?

So that moslems can play their murderous, supremacist games, only among their own kind.
....and they do!!!

only ONE example....
Yadda said.....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1333935983/0#0

IMAGE....

'Aussie' EX-moslem, Mohamed Elomar, doing 'good works' in Syria/Iraq.

Quote:

'Whosoever dies without participating in an expedition (jihad) nor having the intention to do so, dies on a branch of hypocrisy,'

- 'Aussie' EX-moslem, Mohamed Elomar, quoting ISLAMIC scripture.

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1542007568/2#2
Quote:

I see lawful administrative detention of such people, as an option.

------ >

QUARANTINE WORKS!!
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1538349389/34#34

and....
The argument for administrative detention, for all 'Aussie' followers of ISLAM
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1538349389/0#0

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #6 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 2:39pm

thanks

yes she was.
it was just the norm.

she talks about the simplicity of surrendering to a belief system, but how , when she went to the west, she could not reconcile that belief system with what she saw as western values.

Her FGM may have been true, I don't know, but pretty everything else she claimed about her 'oppressive' upbringing has been shown to be lies:

Quote:
Born Ayaan Hirsi Magam, she migrated to the Netherlands in 1992, changed her name to Hirsi Ali, and lied to Dutch authorities about her past. Contrary to the story she told the government, she arrived in the Netherlands not from war-torn Somalia, but from Kenya, where she lived in a secure environment and under the protection of the United Nations, which funded her education at a well-regarded Muslim girls’ school. Though she told immigration authorities and the Dutch public she had fled from civil war in Somalia, she left that country before its war broke out. Indeed, she did not live through a war there or anywhere else. Thanks to her fabrications, Hirsi Ali received political asylum in just five weeks.

Hirsi Ali told astonished audiences on Dutch talk shows that her supposedly devout family had forced her to marry a draconian Muslim man, that she had not been present at her own wedding, and that her family had threatened to kill her for offending their religious honor. However, Zembla told a drastically different story. Hirsi Ali’s brother, aunt and former husband each testified that she had indeed been present at her wedding. It turned out that Hirsi Ali’s mother had sent her brother to a Christian school, not exactly an indication of Islamic fanaticism.

“Yeah, I made up the whole thing,” Hirsi Ali admitted on camera to a Zembla reporter who confronted her with her lies. “I said my name was Ayaan Hirsi Ali instead of Ayaan Hirsi Magan. I also said I was born in 1967 while I was actually born in 1969.”

Hirsi Ali’s claim of honor killing threats also appears to be empty; she remained in touch with her father and aunt after she left her husband. In fact, her husband even came to visit her in the Dutch refugee center where she lived after leaving him. Even though he had paid her way to Europe on the grounds that she would join him in Canada, Hirsi Ali’s husband consented to the divorce she sought.

In 2003, just a decade after gaining political asylum in the Netherlands, Hirsi Ali was elected to the Dutch parliament on the ticket of the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy. VVD leadership knew that the story Hirsi Ali told on her immigration forms was a gigantic lie — she had told them as much — but covered up the fraud and even advanced it to propel her career.

https://www.alternet.org/2015/03/anti-islam-author-ayaan-hirsi-alis-latest-decep...

A proven liar - done for the most cynical of reasons, to further her political career. Also this so-called "free speech" warrior advocates violence against muslims, as well as supports closing down Islamic schools.

Extraordinary woman indeed.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 2:55pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 2:39pm:

thanks

yes she was.
it was just the norm.

Her FGM may have been true, I don't know, but pretty everything else she claimed about her 'oppressive' upbringing has been shown to be lies:

Quote:
Born Ayaan Hirsi Magam, she migrated to the Netherlands in 1992, changed her name to Hirsi Ali, and lied to Dutch authorities about her past. Contrary to the story she told the government, she arrived in the Netherlands not from war-torn Somalia, but from Kenya, where she lived in a secure environment and under the protection of the United Nations, which funded her education at a well-regarded Muslim girls’ school. Though she told immigration authorities and the Dutch public she had fled from civil war in Somalia, she left that country before its war broke out. Indeed, she did not live through a war there or anywhere else. Thanks to her fabrications, Hirsi Ali received political asylum in just five weeks.

Hirsi Ali told astonished audiences on Dutch talk shows that her supposedly devout family had forced her to marry a draconian Muslim man, that she had not been present at her own wedding, and that her family had threatened to kill her for offending their religious honor. However, Zembla told a drastically different story. Hirsi Ali’s brother, aunt and former husband each testified that she had indeed been present at her wedding. It turned out that Hirsi Ali’s mother had sent her brother to a Christian school, not exactly an indication of Islamic fanaticism.

“Yeah, I made up the whole thing,” Hirsi Ali admitted on camera to a Zembla reporter who confronted her with her lies. “I said my name was Ayaan Hirsi Ali instead of Ayaan Hirsi Magan. I also said I was born in 1967 while I was actually born in 1969.”

Hirsi Ali’s claim of honor killing threats also appears to be empty; she remained in touch with her father and aunt after she left her husband. In fact, her husband even came to visit her in the Dutch refugee center where she lived after leaving him. Even though he had paid her way to Europe on the grounds that she would join him in Canada, Hirsi Ali’s husband consented to the divorce she sought.

In 2003, just a decade after gaining political asylum in the Netherlands, Hirsi Ali was elected to the Dutch parliament on the ticket of the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy. VVD leadership knew that the story Hirsi Ali told on her immigration forms was a gigantic lie — she had told them as much — but covered up the fraud and even advanced it to propel her career.

https://www.alternet.org/2015/03/anti-islam-author-ayaan-hirsi-alis-latest-decep...

A proven liar - done for the most cynical of reasons, to further her political career. Also this so-called "free speech" warrior advocates violence against muslims, as well as supports closing down Islamic schools.

Extraordinary woman indeed.

thats fake news Polite Gandalph and you know it and you should be ashamed.

this is from wikipedia.

do you think stanford hand out jobs to fakes

She has founded an organisation for the defense of women's rights, the AHA Foundation.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali is a Fellow with the Hoover Institution at Stanford University, a Fellow with the Future of Diplomacy Project at the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs at The Harvard Kennedy School, a visiting scholar at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, D.C., and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.[6]

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 2:58pm

and more proof you are a spreader of lies and fake news.

this is her TED talk.

do TED vet their speakers?
they are one of the most reputable organisations around

you have been exposed as a fraud.
own it

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 3:15pm

FU, Gandalf

IBI

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #10 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 3:24pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 2:55pm:
hats fake news Polite Gandalph and you know it and you should be ashamed.

She admitted to falsifying her asylum claim aqua.

She specifically admitted to lying about her experience living in a war-torn country:

Quote:
The TV programme, broadcast 10 days ago, highlighted the fact that Hirsi Ali had falsified her original asylum application in Holland, saying that she had not come from war-torn Somalia as she claimed, but from Kenya, where she had lived peacefully for 10 years. The fact that she had lied was well-known, retorted Hirsi Ali, making the point that was she was fleeing a forced marriage.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #11 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 3:26pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 3:15pm:
FU, Gandalf

Awww poor Gordy little bit touchy huh?

But please tell me Gordon, what has Van Gogh's murder got to do with Hirsi being a proven liar and a hypocrite about free speech?

Quote:

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 3:54pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 3:26pm:
Gordon wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 3:15pm:
FU, Gandalf

Awww poor Gordy little bit touchy huh?

But please tell me Gordon, what has Van Gogh's murder got to do with Hirsi being a proven liar and a hypocrite about free speech?

Um, if you look at that body there is a death threat pinned to it for Miss hirsi Ali.
Do you deny this ?

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 3:56pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 3:24pm:
aquascoot wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 2:55pm:
hats fake news Polite Gandalph and you know it and you should be ashamed.

She admitted to falsifying her asylum claim aqua.

She specifically admitted to lying about her experience living in a war-torn country:

Quote:
The TV programme, broadcast 10 days ago, highlighted the fact that Hirsi Ali had falsified her original asylum application in Holland, saying that she had not come from war-torn Somalia as she claimed, but from Kenya, where she had lived peacefully for 10 years. The fact that she had lied was well-known, retorted Hirsi Ali, making the point that was she was fleeing a forced marriage.

Sure ,Stanford a very liberal university is always in the habit of employing people who "make stuff up"

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #14 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 5:13pm

She has to die.

ISLAMIC law demands it.

gandalf will deny this.
....as a lie, and a slight, against ISLAM.

"ISLAM ES PAZ"

IMAGE.....

Everyone knows that true ISLAM, is a religion of peace.

/sarc off

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print