Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The President and the ‘Prince of Whales’ (Read 1528 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The President and the ‘Prince of Whales’
Jun 14th, 2019 at 8:15am

Trump furiously insists meeting ‘Prince of Whales’ shows he can discuss ‘everything’ with foreign powers

Mr Trump's tweet incorrectly spelling Wales as a sea creature has since been deleted

Donald Trump has issued a bizarre defence of widely condemned comments made in an interview that he would be open to accepting dirt from foreign powers on his political opponents.

In a tweet misspelling Prince Charles’ official title, he wrote that he often met world leaders and was not expected to inform the security services. The tweet has since been deleted.

But the president failed to point out that the furore around his comments centred on his apparent willingness to accept damaging information about a political rival, rather than simply meeting other heads of state for regular diplomatic talks.

“I meet and talk to ‘foreign governments’ every day. I just met with the Queen of England (U.K.), the Prince of Whales, the P.M. of the United Kingdom, the P.M. of Ireland, the President of France and the President of Poland. We talked about ‘Everything!’” Mr Trump tweeted.

“Should I immediately call the FBI about these calls and meetings? How ridiculous! I would never be trusted again. With that being said, my full answer is rarely played by the Fake News Media. They purposely leave out the part that matters.”

The statement follows just after Mr Trump said during an interview with ABC News that he would be open to accepting information on election opponents from Russia or other foreign governments.

Mr Trump, whose 2016 campaign has been under intense scrutiny for repeated contacts with Russia, described the type of information that would be offered to his campaign by foreign governments as “opposition research”. He would only contact the FBI “if I thought there was something wrong.”

“It’s not interference,” Mr Trump said during the interview. “They have information — I think I’d take it.”

Soon after his initial tweets about the Queen on Thursday, Mr Trump began accusing Democrats of likewise taking information from Russian operatives, but provided little context or evidence. The two Democrats he mentioned are involved with congressional investigations into the president.

Mr Trump’s presidency has been dogged with questions about his campaign’s contacts with Russian officials, especially in light of the explosive revelations in the Mueller report that Russian officials undertook a considerable effort to tilt the election towards Mr Trump and away from Hillary Clinton.

That interference worked in several ways, and, while Mr Trump’s campaign was cleared of conspiracy by the Mueller investigation, several high profile instances have emerged showing that the Trump campaign was open to receiving foreign intelligence on Ms Clinton.

The most notable of those instances occurred on 9 June 2016, when three senior members of Mr Trump’s campaign met with five people in Trump Tower, including Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya. The meeting was arranged by a long-time acquaintance of Mr Trump’s, Rob Goldstone, who said that the individuals could provide dirt to the campaign.

Donald Trump Jr, Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort were all present during that meeting. They have indicated that the meeting was not fruitful.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-tweet-prince...

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The President and the ‘Prince of Whales’
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 8:19am

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 8:24am

who doesnt like gossip....the juicier the better.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

if the dirt was on Trump and delivered to Joe Biden

he wouldnt take it.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

dont make me laugh Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 8:28am

You okay with the head of the free world calling Phil the Prince of Whales, Cods?

Seriously?

I know this isn;t a typical royal thread ( i know you love those, the tinted one being a bitch and stuff) but this is little more important.

At least, i think it is.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 8:45am

Damn spell check. It even tried to correct this small sentence.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 8:52am

mothra wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 8:28am:
You okay with the head of the free world calling Phil the Prince of Whales, Cods?

Seriously?

I know this isn;t a typical royal thread ( i know you love those, the tinted one being a bitch and stuff) but this is little more important.

At least, i think it is.

Trivial, petty b!tch............ can't you post anything better?

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 8:54am

Quote:
“It’s not interference,” Mr Trump said during the interview. “They have information — I think I’d take it.”

Anyone one else would go to jail for that.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 9:05am

Fuzzball wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 8:52am:
mothra wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 8:28am:

Seriously?

At least, i think it is.

Trivial, petty b!tch............ can't you post anything better?

Article a little beyond you? No surprises.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #8 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 9:15am

mothra wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 9:05am:

I’m English and had a Welsh grandmother. I know who The Duke of Edinburgh is, and I know who the Prince of Wales is, and I know how you spell it…………you are a trivial idiot like your mate Miss Pessary……..

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 9:16am

Quote:
With that being said, my full answer is rarely played by the Fake News Media. They purposely leave out the part that matters.”

Mr Trump is the president. The fake media usually post entire transcripts of his meetings if they get them. It's the fake journalists and columnists' freedom to chose which parts they comment on.

Mr Trump has destroyed minutes of all meetings with Putin. The fake media would love to post a transcripts of them.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 9:22am

Fuzzball wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 9:15am:

I’m English and had a Welsh grandmother. I know who The Duke of Edinburgh is, and I know who the Prince of Wales is, and I know how you spell it…………you are a trivial idiot like your mate Miss Pessary……..

And the relevance of any of that is?

I'll just take it as a yes, the article was beyond you.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 9:23am

mothra wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 9:22am:

And the relevance of any of that is?

I'll just take it as a yes, the article was beyond you.

He didn't even read it.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #12 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 9:43am

Lighten up people, It's funny ,Trumpy messes up again with a Twitter, It's a just a  play on words..
If any public figure did this we would have a laugh...
Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #13 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 9:51am

And remember people this winter we have to remember to save the Wales.... only we can do it  Cheesy

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #14 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 9:55am

Stop whaling Fuzzball and get a job.... Cheesy Grin

I am me

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print