IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Huckabee "Quits"
Reply #31 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 10:33pm

AiA wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 9:12pm:
What will her FOX News show be called?

Ah yes, that's what Mr Trump was hoping for in 2016. Instead, he got the booby prize.

They certainly pay a lot better than POTUS.

Have you ever thought? Perhaps Mr Trump could outsource it to Fox.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #32 - Jun 15th, 2019 at 8:16am

SerialBrain9 wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 8:04pm:
SadKangaroo wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 3:14pm:
I almost feel sorry for her.  Another of those who work closely with Trump chewed up and spat out.

Another one of your lies.

I feel sorry for you, actually, have been caught out on so many lies that no one really listens to you at all these days Mr Kanga.

You just say "stuff" with little or no meaning or even truth.

Go back and reread Sarah's Tweet about her time in the Whitehouse and her love for the American President and try again.

if you can  Roll Eyes

It's called spin.  If she wants a job with Fox News, who are pro-Trump, she can't speak about the turmoil until after he's out of office.

Are you seriously suggesting that Trump's administration hasn't been a revolving door of staff being fired, "retiring" or quitting?

IP Logged

SerialBrain9
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jun 15th, 2019 at 9:16am

SadKangaroo wrote on Jun 15th, 2019 at 8:16am:
I almost feel sorry for her.  Another of those who work closely with Trump chewed up and spat out.

I feel sorry for you, actually, have been caught out on so many lies that no one really listens to you at all these days Mr Kanga.

Go back and reread Sarah's Tweet about her time in the Whitehouse and her love for the American President and try again.

if you can  Roll Eyes

It's called spin.  If she wants a job with Fox News, who are pro-Trump, she can't speak about the turmoil until after he's out of office.

Are you seriously suggesting that Trump's administration hasn't been a revolving door of staff being fired, "retiring" or quitting?

Go back and look at the rotations through Obamas Whitehouse

Nothing new - folks come and go all of the time - some are sacked because they are losers who have been found out working against the current admin - ie: Obama leftovers  Roll Eyes

#Draintheswamp.

Beware the Fury of a Patient Man.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #34 - Jun 15th, 2019 at 10:08am

SerialBrain9 wrote on Jun 15th, 2019 at 9:16am:
Nothing new - folks come and go all of the time

No, the Trump WH is something new ...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #35 - Jun 15th, 2019 at 10:11am

It's not Sarah's fault.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 8:03am

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 5:49pm:
aquascoot wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 5:31pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 4:10pm:
aquascoot wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 3:20pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 11:39am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 11:27am:
She was never a real replacement for C.J...   Wink

You got that right!    Smiley

[url]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a2/88/ed/a288ede63ed8f570b7f3289f45be2
d18.jpg[/url]

Sorkin admitted he surveyed the personality types and biases of the democratic liberal elite and then wrote the west wing to appeal to them and them alone.

According to whom, Aqua?

Quote:
The show was very cynical in its construction and its viewers very naive in believing its premise

Really?  I always looked upon it as a morality play, and entertainment, rather than reality.  What about you, Aqua?   Did you like it or did you hate it 'cause it showed up the Bush White House as a bunch of loonies?

It showed the bush White House as a bunch of dumbies.

Who would have thought that would be a good plot for a targeted liberal audience  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Indeed.  However you still failed to answer the question, Aqua.  Did you enjoy the series?   YES/NO.

Roll Eyes

i enjoyed sorkins script.

the guy is a masterful scriptwriter.

but it WAS written for the leftie intellectual and it shows!!!.

all the guys are tortured men, overly "stuck in their heads", hesitant, constantly frustrated, prone to melancholy.
toby and josh were very much like that.
rob lowe was more high energy but didnt he end up in a relationship with a "call girl".
again, that lack of assertive "spine of steel" masculinity always leads to dysfuntion.

andf the presidents MS....if every there was a cliche for "being crippled" its having the leader develop a disease which destroys his strength.

so it was an interesting study.
its a decade since i watched it, i should pull it out again.

its interesting that "house of cards" was written for EXACTLY the same crowd.

and it concentrates on how power corrupts Kevin Spacy and destroys him.

becuase thats what the leftie intellectual sees  "a patriachy that always becomes corrupt"

i know guys in business who run teams and they are nothing like that.

they are calm, grateful to be where they are,realise that success has to be earned every day and re-earned every day and they are masters of noble masculinity.

if you watch a guy like Winters in band of brothers, you get the picture of the superior man.

he isnt a spineless hand wringer and he isnt a tyrant.
hence i would rather my son watched that show (which he did) Wink
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2019 at 8:34am by aquascoot »  

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #37 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 8:12am

SerialBrain9 wrote on Jun 15th, 2019 at 9:16am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Jun 15th, 2019 at 8:16am:

if you can  Roll Eyes

Go back and look at the rotations through Obamas Whitehouse

Nothing new - folks come and go all of the time - some are sacked because they are losers who have been found out working against the current admin - ie: Obama leftovers  Roll Eyes

#Draintheswamp.

Could you have anymore coolaid running through your veins?

Don't tell me you're also one of those people who credits Trump, when he fires someone HE "hand-picked" as "draining the swamp" too.

We get enough of that from Light, Mech ang the other tards.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #38 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 8:52pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 8:03am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 5:49pm:
aquascoot wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 5:31pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 4:10pm:
aquascoot wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 3:20pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 11:39am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 11:27am:
She was never a real replacement for C.J...   Wink

You got that right!    Smiley

[url]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a2/88/ed/a288ede63ed8f570b7f3289f45be2
d18.jpg[/url]

Sorkin admitted he surveyed the personality types and biases of the democratic liberal elite and then wrote the west wing to appeal to them and them alone.

According to whom, Aqua?

Quote:
The show was very cynical in its construction and its viewers very naive in believing its premise

Really?  I always looked upon it as a morality play, and entertainment, rather than reality.  What about you, Aqua?   Did you like it or did you hate it 'cause it showed up the Bush White House as a bunch of loonies?

It showed the bush White House as a bunch of dumbies.

Who would have thought that would be a good plot for a targeted liberal audience  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Indeed.  However you still failed to answer the question, Aqua.  Did you enjoy the series?   YES/NO.

Roll Eyes

i enjoyed sorkins script.

the guy is a masterful scriptwriter.

Yes he is.  Shame you dislike him so much that you choose to denigrate his abilities, rather than accept them.

Quote:
its interesting that "house of cards" was written for EXACTLY the same crowd.

and it concentrates on how power corrupts Kevin Spacy and destroys him.

becuase thats what the leftie intellectual sees  "a patriachy that always becomes corrupt"

The American "House of Cards" isn't a patch on the British one, which predates it by over two decades.   I suppose you're going to tell us that one was written for the Lefties alone, again?

Aqua, you're full of bullshit.  I know you know that.  Run along and bullshit to someone who is willing to believe your bullshit.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:06pm

Netflix has always used data to decide which shows to license, and now that expertise is extended to the first-run. And there was not one trailer for “House of Cards,” there were many. Fans of Mr. Spacey saw trailers featuring him, women watching “Thelma and Louise” saw trailers featuring the show’s female characters and serious film buffs saw trailers that reflected Mr. Fincher’s touch.

While careers and entire networks have been made and lost based on the mysterious alchemy of finding a hit, Netflix seems to be making it look easy, or at least making it a product of logic and algorithms as opposed to tradition and instinct.

A cable executive who has talked to Amazon says that its Prime service, a nascent effort to get into original content, will also lean hard on data-driven approaches to determine its programming. The executive, who asked not to be identified because the discussions were private, said it would change the way that business operates sooner than people thought.

“I think it is a little hysterical to say that Big Data will win the day now and forever, but it is clear that having a very molecular understanding of user data is going to have a big impact on how things happen in television,” he said.

Jonathan Friedland, the company’s chief communications officer, said, “Because we have a direct relationship with consumers, we know what people like to watch and that helps us understand how big the interest is going to be for a given show. It gave us some confidence that we could find an audience for a show like ‘House of Cards.’ ”

Film and television producers have always used data, holding previews for focus groups and logging the results, but as a technology company that distributes and now produces content, Netflix has mind-boggling access to consumer sentiment in real time.

How much data does it have at its fingertips? According to GigaOm, Netflix looks at 30 million “plays” a day, including when you pause, rewind and fast forward, four million ratings by Netflix subscribers, three million searches as well as the time of day when shows are watched and on what devices.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print