Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
ALP in self-destruction mode (Read 1553 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: ALP in self-destruction mode
Reply #15 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:17am

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

In my Buddy List!
In my Buddy List!
Re: Union boss - Albo should resign
Reply #13 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 10:16pm Quote  Aussie wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 9:07pm:
I don't need a history lesson Mr Peccerry. 

I also have had enough of CMFEU thugs.  They can fuq off. They are dragging Labor down, and more power to Albo's elbow.

Come on....Setka or Labor politically?  Setka is not bigger than the wider ALP which includes people like me....never been a Union Member ever.

He can't win this fight.  How can he?  Albo is the Head of the ALP.  Setka is a thug. 

Join the dots.

Lol   Grin

Albo isn't the head of the ALP.

He's just a puppet.

The Unions pull all the strings.

Albo will lose.

Nothing surer.

Albo won't be leader at the next election.

I predict the Unions will bring in O'Connor.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:21am

Dnarever wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:00am:
PZ547 wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 8:54am:
Setka is a dinasaur from an age thankfully being dismantled and incinerated

the hey-days of unions holding the country to ransom, of going fishing while a selected stooge was placed to bundy off and on for them, of spitting in the public's face, of using brute strength to intimidate, of tossing whistle blowers into meat grinders, etc.

are facing their demise

and the building industry rorts from top to bottom are in the public's face again now, in the latest building (Mascot) to fall to bits, courtesy of blatant graft and corruption

Setka must hoist his sagging balls, suck in his lardy gut, shut his fat gob and walk

while he's still able to do so

Then he'll only have afterlife hell to contend with

Yes Setka is a dinosaur and a rubbish union official.

However to add a little perspective he is a union official in an industry where the employer still today regularly kills and injures employees. This does help to drive a more militant and strong response. This does not make his actions right or acceptable but there should be a little more understanding of the principal driver at work.

I admire your civil and measured response  Smiley

You very probably know much more about the ins and out than I, so I'm prepared to take your explanation at face value

but (there has to be one, unfortunately)

builders are not always sterling characters

and

values and responsibilities have obviously been eroded in the name of profit -- and who doesn't like profit and more profit

so

corners have been cut for years
until we've reached this life-threatening situation where sub-par concrete is used, imported junk is used, sub-par imported labour is used, engineers are compromised, unions have twisted politicians' arms to rid the industry of watchdogs and accountability

in short, whereas buildings were constructed with due dilligence and could be confidently expected to last 80 to 100 years (compare with Europe and its hundreds of years) today, we're told to sell up before a new build is ten years old because they'll fall to bits before you've paid even the interest on the home loan

so builders have been ratting out the public for a long time and getting away with it

they've been threatening and bribing governments to eliminate safeguards

they've been laughing in the face of people who've been robbed and their lives left in tatters

they've been buying multiple investment properties

and in general behaving as licenced robber barons

under the stewardship of union leaders

and this is specifically in relation to builders, developers and the spinoffs

behaving like robber barons and believing they're untouchable

the captains must go down with the ships

and they have blood on their hands

Union membership across the board has been shrinking.  Unions have been trying to boost membership (thus their own power) by catering to, pandering to, migrants

those migrants were more than happy to undercut qualified aussie workers until they landed the job or contract

then in come the unions in the guise of 'care', to indoctrinate those greedy little migrants with talk about 'unscrupulous employers' and how they, the unions, can get a better deal for the migrants and loads of back-pay

most Aussie respected the original unions and what they stood for

but those days are gone and unions today are widely regarded as scum

which is the fault of the union heads and their grabby, greedy membership

today, unions are widely believed to be not all that different to the old Calabrian mafias

and again, all their own fault

Now would be a good time for the dirty, complicit government/s to force all those who've profited from Australia's rotten to the core builds and compel the profiteers to rebuild them to new and revised standards which unions dismantled brick by brick

and no more 'self regulation'

because we've seen how that didn't work

and if unions want to be taken seriously again, ever, they need to dig through the archives and learn what union membership and leadership once aspired to

and that begins by being a responsible, decent, fair adult

instead of a braying mob of ravenous crows who demand the most and give the least in return

a public flogging for Setka, for his toxic misogyny at very least, would be in order and a sign of good faith to all those who've suffered at his bullying hands

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #17 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:41am

cods wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 8:55am:
Dnarever wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 8:52am:
macman wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 8:43am:
I would put Setka in a similar box with latham, arrogant bully who doesn't like women. Maybe Pauline could recruit him as well and have a pair of aceholes. Grin Grin Grin

You do know that the Liberals had both Howard and Abbott ? Now they have SoLow.

can you give us a link where any liberal has spoken to or about anyone like that ALP MEMBER has done..

not once not twice not three time........but moooooore.

I would like to see those links thanks dna. Angry

Why not links that relate to what I have said instead  of asking me to defend something I never said ?

Quote:
arrogant bully who doesn't like women. Maybe Pauline could recruit him as well and have a pair of aceholes.

This is the standard set - nothing about what Setka has said ?

Remember when Tony told you what to think about while you are doing the ironing ?
Remember how he had been repeatedly shown to have been a bully ?
And they definitely make a nice hat-full of aceholes.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #18 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:48am

cods wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 8:53am:
did latham use the came language???..

Setka doesnt seem to care who he lambasts with his bullying....

lets face it   this man has got away with this for years..

to the disgrace of the whole ALP....

they have turned a blind eye to an absolute parasite.

the man doesnt work he talks...

what would a days work look like for him???...

thats right demeaning and calling others  vile names..

if you have ever been spoken too by someone like him you will know what I am talking about....

Angry Angry Angry

this is shameful for every member of the alp...

WHY CANT THEY SEE THAT?

Quote:
if you have ever been spoken too by someone like him you will know what I am talking about....

I haven't had anyone try to bully me since - lets see - Last Thursday. It didn't really work on me and I did stay polite. He may not get that courtesy if it happens again.

A number of years ago I had a guy try to bully me with a little success as I had to be polite to him, this was one of our recent X Liberal PM's who was in business at the time.

IP Logged

macman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Reply #19 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 1:33pm

Angry Angry Angry

WHY CANT THEY SEE THAT?

And yet when Albo tries to sort out the problem all you righties jump on him.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 1:49pm

macman wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 1:33pm:

Angry Angry Angry

WHY CANT THEY SEE THAT?

And yet when Albo tries to sort out the problem all you righties jump on him.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

where have we righties JUMPED ON HIM...

total rubbish you make up....we admire his courage...

I have warned him albo to watch his back...

did I do that for shortarse  no I didnt..

I feel very sorry  or sad for albo I dont think he will get the back up..

the ALP created this monster known as SETKA   they have allowed him to grow and grow and grow...

and not so much a suspension even when he lobbed one on the then PM rudd.....

its gob smacking...and you lefties ignore it....you did then and you do now...

the only person to condemn setkas vile language   and when he speaks he speaks for the CFMEU....

is greg....

dont you guys get it....setka and others like him  have taken control of the ALP.. which in turn controls albo...the leader....

we shall see whos running things on July 5th....

setka faces court on the 26th June....for a whole heap of things....some charges the cops have removed....probably because hes agreed to admit guilt on one charge.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

he has crossed so many lines.. yet the ALP does nothing.. Angry Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 2:00pm

Dnarever wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:41am:
I would put Setka in a similar box with latham, arrogant bully who doesn't like women. Maybe Pauline could recruit him as well and have a pair of aceholes. Grin Grin Grin

can you give us a link where any liberal has spoken to or about anyone like that ALP MEMBER has done..

Why not links that relate to what I have said instead  of asking me to defend something I never said ?

Quote:
arrogant bully who doesn't like women. Maybe Pauline could recruit him as well and have a pair of aceholes.

Remember when Tony told you what to think about while you are doing the ironing ?

and you call that BULLYING>....oh mate   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

sorry but thats pathetic....

There are more than 70 CFMMEU officials and members facing court. In the past few years, the union has been fined over $16 million for persistent law breaking.

Yet it’s only now that the Labor leader has called time — and only on Setka and not on the union itself, which is one of the Labor’s biggest funders.

Of course, now that he’s started this fight, Anthony Albanese simply can’t afford to lose.

But as a union leader who’s thumbed his nose at other unions, businesses and law enforcement agencies, Setka is hardly likely to be stared down by a politician, by journalists, or even by the ACTU president.

Moral persuasion just won’t work against someone like Setka.

MORE FROM RENDEZVIEW: Labor’s glass house has now shattered irreparably

All that can bring him down is a vote of his members or the judgment of a court; and, so far, multiple adverse judgments have only made his union poorer.

By taking Setka on without the capacity to finish him off, Albanese has highlighted both the unions’ stranglehold on the ALP and his own impotence.

If Setka isn’t gone within the next few days, Albanese’s leadership will have been crippled almost as it began.

setka claims he has every member of the CFMEU behind him they back him 100%

and there is no way he got that backing for being Mr niceguy..

July the 5th dna   keep watching.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #22 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 4:30pm

cods wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 2:00pm:

Quote:

There are more than 70 CFMMEU officials and members facing court. In the past few years, the union has been fined over $16 million for persistent law breaking.

Yet it’s only now that the Labor leader has called time — and only on Setka and not on the union itself, which is one of the Labor’s biggest funders.

Of course, now that he’s started this fight, Anthony Albanese simply can’t afford to lose.

But as a union leader who’s thumbed his nose at other unions, businesses and law enforcement agencies, Setka is hardly likely to be stared down by a politician, by journalists, or even by the ACTU president.

All that can bring him down is a vote of his members or the judgment of a court; and, so far, multiple adverse judgments have only made his union poorer.

By taking Setka on without the capacity to finish him off, Albanese has highlighted both the unions’ stranglehold on the ALP and his own impotence.

If Setka isn’t gone within the next few days, Albanese’s leadership will have been crippled almost as it began.

No the sexist attitude is not directly bullying - how about throwing punches next to a woman's face or any of the dozen other examples ?

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 5:57pm

PZ547 wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:21am:
builders are not always sterling characters

and

values and responsibilities have obviously been eroded in the name of profit -- and who doesn't like profit and more profit

so

corners have been cut for years

Proof:
* Two apartment complexes in Sydney that have had to be evacuated due to major structural faults in the past six months.
* Apartments with flammable cladding catching fire in Melbourne.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 6:12pm

Dnarever wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 4:30pm:

Quote:

No the sexist attitude is not directly bullying - how about throwing punches next to a woman's face or any of the dozen other examples ?

this is what I mean about lefties twisting everything to fit their take on things..

yes sexism is a form of bullying!  you know why dont you.. because its very very onesided...

... anything that makes a person cower or feel humiliated is a form of bullying....I agree...

but does it compare with anything setka as said   even to or about  men   who also  back away...?

he called Rudd a dog a maggot for petes sake.. Angry Angry

seriously dna.. thats what I am talking about

if someone slapped your face.... would you compare it to  another assault that put someone in hospital in a coma???.....

would you really  see them  as the same ASSAULT?.....

even a few labs feel the same way dna....yet you are supporting setka...

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #25 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 6:20pm

Quote:

hhhmmm, I don't see it as being that final.

Albo did not really take on setka.
Albo might have been more mindful of the unions power.
setka is the unions issue.
setka has more than enough form to be a headache to the unions.
albo should have kept that at arms length.

This is the pertinent area  '  .........  more than 70 CFMMEU officials and members facing court. In the past few years, the union has been fined over $16 million for persistent law breaking. .......'

This is the area albo should be discussing quietly behind the scenes

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 6:40pm

if what he says the cfmeu members are behind him   I have just looked!  and they have about 120.000 members...

he doesnt strike me as the type to go into a fight not being prepared to win it.... it how people like him get to the top

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #27 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 7:56pm

cods wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 6:12pm:
this is what I mean about lefties twisting everything to fit their take on things..

yes sexism is a form of bullying!  you know why dont you.. because its very very onesided...

... anything that makes a person cower or feel humiliated is a form of bullying....I agree...

but does it compare with anything setka as said   even to or about  men   who also  back away...?

he called Rudd a dog a maggot for petes sake.. Angry Angry

seriously dna.. thats what I am talking about

if someone slapped your face.... would you compare it to  another assault that put someone in hospital in a coma???.....

would you really  see them  as the same ASSAULT?.....

even a few labs feel the same way dna....yet you are supporting setka...

Quote:
.yet you are supporting setka

No I have repeatedly been critical of Setka, never supported him once.

Quote:
he called Rudd a dog a maggot for petes sake.

Ditch the witch, take her out to sea in a chaf bag and they were the nice things said.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 8:23pm

the guy is passionate
he is going to do "what he is going to do'
he has a north star he is heading towards
he bounces out of bed every morning, puts on his big boy pants and heads off to the barricades.

now, i am no supporter of the union movement, but i can respect him as a man's man.

as such, he has no seat at the table of the left.

only spineless fat girly men with rolls of blubber like rudd, man boobs like shorten or rolls of blubber like albo can lead labor.

a mans man with tatts and a bit of macho aggression Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.

thats not going to wash

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #29 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 8:27pm

With this, Mr Ed, I agree:

Quote:
as such, he has no seat at the table of the left.

He is a right wing nazi arsehole wearing camouflage.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print