Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 26
Send Topic Print
Careful what you write, folks (Read 16896 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Careful what you write, folks
Jun 13th, 2019 at 10:51am

Daily Beast Contributor Wins $4.1 Million From Neo-Nazi for ISIS Smear

Dean Obeidallah was falsely accused of being behind a terrorist attack by The Daily Stormer, whose on-the-run founder just lost big in court.

After Dean Obeidallah wrote a Daily Beast article condemning President Trump’s approach to white supremacist terror in 2017, the neo-Nazi site The Daily Stormer website falsely accused Obeidallah of being behind an ISIS attack.

Now The Daily Stormer’s founder is being forced to pay him millions for the smear.

Obeidallah, a comedian and radio host, sued Daily Stormer founder Andrew Anglin for defamation, and on Wednesday a judge ordered Anglin to pay $4.1 million in damages.

“The judge apparently found what they did so atrocious he gave them the most he could in punitive damages,” Obeidallah told The Daily Beast.

He said he plans on giving the money to organizations that combat bigotry.

“This was never about collecting money. If I collect a penny from the Nazis, I’m not going to keep their money. I’m going to give it to organizations that fight hate and bigotry, the very groups Nazis despise.”

Anglin, who has been on the lam for more than a year, didn’t testify, although his father did. The ruling comes as the latest legal strike against Anglin, who is currently avoiding another lawsuit by a Jewish woman who received death threats after Anglin attacked her on his site.

In Obeidallah’s case, the harassment started after he wrote an article entitled, “Will Donald Trump Ever Say the Words ‘White Supremacist Terrorism’?”

“We already had three to four acts of violence, murders, by people who were self-proclaimed white supremacists. The thesis of my article was that, during his campaign Trump demanded we say ‘radical Islamic terrorism.’ Why won’t he say the words ‘white supremacist terrorism?’ said  Obeidallah, who is Muslim.

“That got the eye of Andrew Anglin at the Daily Stormer who wrote an article the next day quoting my article and smearing me in the first line as an ISIS mastermind.”

“They fabricated tweets that looked real, that said I was involved in the Manchester bombing.”
— Dean Obeidallah

The doctored tweets appeared on the Stormer, a once-popular website that received approximately 3.18 million page views  while the article was active, according to Obeidallah’s lawsuit. (The Stormer lost significant standing after it was kicked off its old webhost.)

Stormer readers piled on, sending Obeidallah death threats. The attacks took a toll on him, he said. Whereas Obeidallah once had few reservations about meeting fans, he said he’s now more cautious about scheduling meet-ups with people who reach out online.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/daily-beast-contributor-dean-obeidallah-wins-dolla...

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Careful what you write, folks
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:01am

Nasty little buggers, those neo-Nazis.

Here's the little twerp:

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:02am

Good advice, Everclear.

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:10am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:01am:

Here's the little twerp:

https://www.dailydot.com/wp-content/uploads/106/70/f4d615fd0b290a1d-2048x1024.jp...

No surprises on the choice of hat.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:20am

mothra wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:10am:

Here's the little twerp:

https://www.dailydot.com/wp-content/uploads/106/70/f4d615fd0b290a1d-2048x1024.jp...

He's certifiable.  Seriously.

He believes in the existence of reptilian humanoids.

He has said that "By the Grace of God, I found Adolf Hitler".

He believes that women, brown people, and Jews are the cause of all the world's problems.

And, after the alleged child rapist won the 2016 U.S. presidential election, he called on his site's readers (Good morning Herbert, if you're reading this) to use non-violent intimidation to make "brown people" feel unwelcome in America, and to goad disappointed supporters of Clinton into committing suicide.

I wonder how many forum members here subscribe to *The Daily Stormer.

an American neo-Nazi, white supremacist, and Holocaust denial commentary and message board website that advocates for the genocide of Jews.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:27am

Here's the little twerp:

Well he isn't 'White' now is he.  Roll Eyes
He's a little light-skinned Blue Brunette.
White Men have 'Blonde' hair and 'white' skin.
White Men are not Pale-skinned and Raven-haired Greys, nor are they Fair-skinned and Ranga-haired Reds either.

I blame the Media for the Neo-Nazi's.
Because that's the Medium for the Blues & Greys.
Whites and Reds prefer the Internet. Wink

Here's the catch.
Nazism 'failed' in Europe because it was with violence and War.
But here in North America, the 'Aryan' superior 'male' race thingy will succeed. The Blonde 'Aryan' White in Europe is just a Labourer. Here in North America, he is an Academic and the future 'Greatest' President of the White Truth of Justice and his surname will be GORDON - the most respected and praised Anglo name in Africa.

The Nazism chant for the 'Aryan' will succeed in North America, because what fails in one Region, succeeds in another.
For it will be the Jews of North America that will be the 'aggressor' to the Neo-Nazis.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #6 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:27am

Ozpolitic denizen Haji Gordon could be sued by Blacks, Lebanese, Mexicans and Indians.

Truth is not a defense in libel cases. Intent is the measure of the offense.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:30am

Jasin wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:27am:

Here's the little twerp:

White Men are not Pale-skinned and Raven-haired Greys, nor are they Fair-skinned and Ranga-haired Reds either.

Here's the catch.
But here in North America, the 'Aryan' superior 'male' race thingy will succeed. The Blonde 'Aryan' White in Europe is just a Labourer. Here in North America, he is an Academic and the future 'Greatest' President of the White Truth of Justice and his surname will be GORDON - the most respected and praised Anglo name in Africa.

The Nazism chant for the 'Aryan' will succeed in North America, because what fails in one Region, succeeds in another.
For it will be the Jews of North America that will be the 'aggressor' to the Neo-Nazis.

... ok

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:33am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:20am:
mothra wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:10am:

Here's the little twerp:

He's certifiable.  Seriously.

He believes in the existence of reptilian humanoids.

He has said that "By the Grace of God, I found Adolf Hitler".

He believes that women, brown people, and Jews are the cause of all the world's problems.

And, after the alleged child rapist won the 2016 U.S. presidential election, he called on his site's readers (Good morning Herbert, if you're reading this) to use non-violent intimidation to make "brown people" feel unwelcome in America, and to goad disappointed supporters of Clinton into committing suicide.

I wonder how many forum members here subscribe to *The Daily Stormer.

an American neo-Nazi, white supremacist, and Holocaust denial commentary and message board website that advocates for the genocide of Jews.

Jews were doing that for 2000 years in Europe - to make sure the Europeans didn't go to the Middle-East: it was called Judaism. While the Moslems attacked Europe from the outside with 'Military Empire'. When North America (USA) became a light in the world, Germany turned on the Jews whose 'Religion' (and the Christianity that came from it) was now a 2000 year 'lie' and broke their Christian Cross as the Swastika to kick the Jews out of the (Garden of Eden) Europe like a sin.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:36am

Here's the little twerp:

Here's the catch.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:36am

mothra wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:30am:

Here's the little twerp:

Here's the catch.

... ok

You need to go back to TV Media land Mothra if you can't make the translation to the Internet. Do not pass Go and do not collect $200. But thanks for trying. Go now - there's a good girl.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:40am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:36am:

Here's the little twerp:

Here's the catch.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/l0IypeKl9NJhPFMrK/giphy.gif

Yep. Even Dr. Phil would find this a new one.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:42am

mothra wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:40am:

Here's the little twerp:

Here's the catch.

Yes, yes. Go have a talk to your Dr Phil about me. I'm sure he would find you absolutely fascinating.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:47am

mothra wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:40am:

Here's the little twerp:

Here's the catch.

Even Scientologists are all like:

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:59am

white identity politics is an understandable response to the identity politics of the left.
but its a mistake to go there.

angry, unhinged lefties might join anti fa and on the right , angry unhinged righties might join a neo nazi group.

understandable, people have a default emotional state and if you are angry and frustrated all the time, you will become bitter, unhinged and nasty.

there is a path out of this 'hell' for the left. they can go and hand out food parcels to the poor, they can go dig a well in africa. but they need to do this without bragging about it or else it becomes about 'them and their ego".  most wont do it. they would rather spend their time as keyboard warriors like gweg (compassion masking uselessness).

there is a path out of this hell for the right and its probably an easier path.
you simply find something meaningful to do , like building a business or mastering a profession and then you align all your thoughts words and actions to building that business or mastering that skill.
now, you are absorbed in something that is seeing you become "all that you can be" and you move up.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 26
Send Topic Print