Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Union boss - Albo should resign (Read 7172 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Union boss - Albo should resign
Reply #15 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 12:46am

Setka has form

Quote:
John Setka's "denigrating" of domestic violence campaigner Rosie Batty and his alleged harassment of a woman is just the latest in a long history of controversial behaviour engaged in by the militant union leader.

The head of the Construction, Forestry, Maritime, Mining and Energy Union in Victoria has an extensive record that includes intimidation, threats and a month in Pentridge Prison in 1990 for breaching a court order telling him to stay away from a building site.

He has told reporters his troubles date back to his youth in Footscray where a policeman would pull him over and tell him “don’t call me a c--t" to instigate a confrontation and lay charges against him.

Mr Setka has allegedly told a meeting of the CFMEU national executive that Ms Batty's actions campaigning against domestic violence had led to men having fewer rights. Peter Nicholson

At aged 19, in the 1980s, he would join the militant Builders Labourers Federation under the mentorship of John Cummins, a legend in the labour movement who was arrested dozens of times for going on building sites.

Mr Setka's own industrial conduct was manifest at the infamous Grocon picket in 2012, where he was fined for punching the windscreen of a van driven by a Grocon manager and telling him he hoped he would "die of your cancer" and threatening to "come after [him]".

A decade earlier, in 2003, he had been fined for threatening another Grocon manager by telling him “You just f---ing watch, I’ll get you. I’ve got a 12-year-old son and I swear on his f---ing life, I swear on my son’s life, you watch, I’ll fix you up."

His intimidation continued into 2017 when he issued a "dire warning" to Australian Building and Construction Commission inspectors by saying he would reveal their home addresses and harass them where they lived.

"They will not be able to show their faces anywhere," Mr Setka told a union rally. "Their kids will be ashamed of who their parents are when we expose all these ABCC inspectors."

Mr Setka would later apologise for the comments. But the next year he would tweet a picture of his children holding up a Father's Day message to ABCC head Stephen McBurney that said "Go Get F---d".

He later deleted the tweet and admitted he was emotional on Father's Day and had had a "tough year".

That tough year has only continued.

At the end of 2018, he would launch an offensive outburst against Kevin Rudd at Labor's national conference during Labor leader Bill Shorten's peace overtures to the former prime minister.

After raising his fist at Mr Rudd, Mr Setka called him a "f---ing dog" and "a maggot" over his failure to scrap the building industry watchdog after he was elected in 2007.

The comments enraged senior members of the Labor national executive but Mr Setka maintained his party membership.

Weeks later, police would charge him with the alleged harassment of a woman and allegedly recklessly causing her injury.

His lawyers have indicated he will plead guilty to two charges of harassment, including by carriage service, such as texts and phone calls, while police withdrew dozens of other charges.

Reports in the Herald Sun say Mr Setka sent some 45 text messages to the woman including calling her a "c--t", "drunken moron" and a "weak f---n piece of s--t".

Now, just a few months later, Mr Setka has allegedly told a meeting of the CFMEU national executive that Ms Batty's actions campaigning against domestic violence had led to men having fewer rights.

The union leader has said the comments were taken out of context.

https://www.afr.com/leadership/workplace/the-life-and-crimes-of-john-setka-20190...

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 1:47pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 8:21pm:
Aussie wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 8:16pm:
Quote:
Albo won't last.

Just because he takes on a thug?  A grub?  An arsehole?  Nah.

Albo is the PM who has to wear what these pricks get up to.  Setka has to go.  I would never want that prick anywhere in my 'world.'  He can fuq off and not one thing will change.

Setka's an arrogant arsehole, and Albo is a thoroughly decent & capable bloke.

However, the unions run the ALP.

Albo won't last.

I wouldn't be surprised to see O'Connor's name put forward in the not too distant future.

Shocked

Okay, I didn't realise that Albo had removed Brendan O'Connor from Industrial Relations (not sure how I missed that).

Setka's refusal to leave is making a lot more sense now.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 2:42pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 8:15pm:
cods wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 5:30pm:
wow the shortest leadership since.......................

well that went well didnt it???

will the UNIONS lose this round...

I cant see it myself.....

will albo have shortarse in his corner..

I cant see it myself..

he looks very lonely all by himself in front of the mike..... doesnt he have any supporters in the party?..

I don't think they'll bring Shorten back.

Jason Clare and Brendan O'Connor are probably the Unions' first choice.

Albo won't last.

why wouldnt he get the backing from those who elected him... well they gave him a free kick  everybody else dropped out... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

in the mean time  I can see SETKA becoming the new leader Grin Grin Grin Grin

why not ?  hes the big boy isnt he?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 2:48pm

The new Leader of what cods...the sewer?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 2:51pm

cods wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 2:42pm:

I cant see it myself..

he looks very lonely all by himself in front of the mike..... doesnt he have any supporters in the party?..

Albo won't last.

why wouldnt he get the backing from those who elected him... well they gave him a free kick  everybody else dropped out... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Setka is being kicked out of the Labor Party, so he has no chance of leading it.

I found out today that Albo has removed Brendan O'Connor (my choice for leader) from Industrial Relations.

Interesting.

In case you didn't know, Brendan's brother is Michael O'Connor -  the National Secretary of the CFMMEU.

Albo is picking a fight he won't win.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 3:18pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 2:51pm:

I cant see it myself..

Albo won't last.

Setka is being kicked out of the Labor Party, so he has no chance of leading it.

I found out today that Albo has removed Brendan O'Connor (my choice for leader) from Industrial Relations.

Interesting.

In case you didn't know, Brendan's brother is Michael O'Connor -  the National Secretary of the CFMMEU.

thats what I mean SETKA WONT GO EITHER.... he has the POWER   didnt you read sprints link  hes gotten away with murder for years hes one of the untouchables...  he and his henchmen will burn the place down if they try to get rid of him..

it wont happen...

dunno anyone called oconnor...so doesnt interest me..

I am shocked albo has no support from your mongrel party....sounds more like a dictatorship than ever...

get rid of your opponents... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

we will all look the other way while you do it..

charming..

and all the rusted on on here believe they will be voting for the LABOR PARTY Roll Eyes when in fact they are voting for the CFMEU. &Co....

strange us libs have been trying to tell them that for years.. Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 3:31pm

Looks as if Setka is desperate to stay

Quote:
His union colleagues are demanding an audit of the phone records of those involved in the meeting to discover how it was leaked

can you believe that?

Everyone's known a liar, a thief or other lowlife screech when they're caught, 'Who told you?  Who said that?'.  It's the response of the guilty who're (1) trying to cast the finger at someone else rather than admit and (2) stand-over tactics -- threat in fact, to 'get' whomever exposed them

it's a lowlife's habitual response to being caught

and here we have union members trying the same intimidatory tactics in order to save the neck of their lowlife comrade, Setka

Then look at photos of the thug who's got away with miles too much

a big mouth bully

psychotic

probably gay

He doesn't realise Time has pulled the rug from under him

there he is, sucking in his gut and it's not working.  he's lardy.  He got old.  And it's his turn to be lying toothless in a gutter somewhere, victim of a thug just like himself only younger

time gets them all

then they expect sympathy

he's in the transition phase at the moment, caught between his big mouth bullying of old and his soon to become facade of 'grand old man'.  Sort of what happened to Hawke and thousands of others who've had the rug pulled from under them by Time

bullet through the head in the news wouldn't surprise me

he knows too much, has done too much and now his power has been wrenched from him, he's a danger and dispensable

Have a look at it.  Photo

Herald

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 4:01pm

cods wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 3:18pm:

I cant see it myself..

Albo won't last.

Interesting.

thats what I mean SETKA WONT GO EITHER.... he has the POWER   didnt you read sprints link  hes gotten away with murder for years hes one of the untouchables...  he and his henchmen will burn the place down if they try to get rid of him..

it wont happen...

I am shocked albo has no support from your mongrel party....sounds more like a dictatorship than ever...

charming..

and all the rusted on on here believe they will be voting for the LABOR PARTY Roll Eyes when in fact they are voting for the CFMEU. &Co....

Where to start?   Roll Eyes

Yes, Setka won't go - I'm agreeing with you.

Albo will lose this fight, not Setka.

O'Connor?

Okay, I'll explain it ... slowly.

Brendan O'Connor is a Labor politician.

He was the Minister for Employment in the Rudd Government.

A very decent chap, and would make a good opposition leader (i.e. replace Albo).

Will the Unions like him?, I hear you say.

Yes, they sure will - his brother is the National Secretary of the CFMMEU - Michael O'Connor.

And no, you haven't been trying to tell us for years - I've been trying to explain it to you: the Labor Party was created by the Unions, and is run by the Unions. 

That's the way it's been since the very beginning.

Just as the Liberal Party are controlled by big business and organised crime, the Labor Party is controlled by the Unions.

You still seem to be the only person in the world who doesn't understand that.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 4:11pm

I am shocked albo has no support from your mongrel party....

Were you shocked when Turnbull had no support from your corrupt & inept party?

Were you shocked when Abbott had no support from your corrupt & inept party?

FFS   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 4:15pm

Don't know why they imagine Aussies have amnesia when they go to the polls

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

matty
Gold Member

Australian Politics

East Sydney
Reply #25 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 4:32pm

No way should Albo resign. He is the best asset for the Liberal Party. No way are swing-voters going to vote for someone so of the left. It’s bewildering that Labor made him leader but then again stupidity is their middle name.

BILL SHORTEN WILL NEVER BE PM!!!!

IP Logged

goldkam

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 5:55pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 4:11pm:

FFS   Roll Eyes

I wouldn't call the party corrupt and inept...thats hardly a fair statement. We could go into the corruption of the Labor Party and their affiliations with Unions.

Being a politician is like any other form of employment. Turnbull and Abbott were overthrown because they weren't doing their job properly, whether that be on an ideological, policy or leadership basis. Yes, I acknowledge the reform Scott Morrison is bringing in to limit leadership changes which I think provides more sustainable and stability in the politics.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 6:07pm

FFS   Roll Eyes

I WAS HORRIFIED... AND DIDNT VOTE LIBERAL AGAIN UNTIL THIS YEAR

tell us were you horrified when shortarse assassinated TWO LABOR PMS..

I dont recall you being upset  and YOUR party machine gave him the leadership AS A REWARD.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 6:13pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 4:01pm:

I cant see it myself..

Albo won't last.

Interesting.

it wont happen...

charming..

Where to start?   Roll Eyes

Yes, Setka won't go - I'm agreeing with you. TICK

Albo will lose this fight, not Setka. ??

O'Connor?

Okay, I'll explain it ... slowly.

Brendan O'Connor is a Labor politician.

He was the Minister for Employment in the Rudd Government.

A very decent chap, and would make a good  Roll Eyes Roll Eyesopposition leader (i.e. replace Albo).

Will the Unions like him?, I hear you say.   of course.. brother micky will make sure of that

Yes, they sure will - his brother is the National Secretary of the CFMMEU - Michael O'Connor.

And no, you haven't been trying to tell us for years - I've been trying to explain it to you: the Labor Party was created by the Unions, and is run by the Unions. 
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
That's the way it's been since the very beginning.

Just as the Liberal Party are controlled by big business and organised crime, the Labor Party is controlled by the Unions.

You still seem to be the only person in the world who doesn't understand that.REALLY!

ok my love we are finished... Roll Eyesyou sound just like mothra and aussie   always coming in with the put down..

enough is enough...I am over the lot of you  please all migrate back to monks pils.. thank you over and out.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 6:20pm

cods wrote on Jun 14th, 2019 at 6:07pm:

FFS   Roll Eyes

I WAS HORRIFIED... AND DIDNT VOTE LIBERAL AGAIN UNTIL THIS YEAR

tell us were you horrified when shortarse assassinated TWO LABOR PMS..

I dont recall you being upset  and YOUR party machine gave him the leadership AS A REWARD.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No, I wasn't horrified at all.

The parties choose their leaders, not the general voting public.

They could change PM (and opposition leader) every six months and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print