Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Pauline Hanson To Block Coalition Tax Cuts (Read 1715 times)
whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Pauline Hanson To Block Coalition Tax Cuts
Jun 10th, 2019 at 2:21pm

June 10 2019
Pauline Hanson to block coalition tax cuts   Smiley
Canberra Times

Pauline Hanson has declared she will not support the coalition government's tax cuts when federal parliament returns next month.   Smiley

The One Nation leader, who carries two crucial Senate votes, said there were more important issues to be funded.

"At this stage, no I'm not," she told Nine Network on Monday, when asked whether she would support the tax relief.

Senator Hanson nominated building a coal-fired power station and getting on with a 1930s plan to divert water inland as two higher priorities for her.

She also wants a royal commission into the family courts, in return for her support for the tax package.

"If there are three things I want to achieve before leaving parliament, the government now knows what they are."

Her opposition will make it tough for the government to pass its full tax plan.

Finance Minister Mathias Cormann indicated negotiations with the Senate crossbench were still afoot.

"We don't ever provide a running commentary on our engagement with non-government senators," he told reporters in Perth.

"Our door is open to all non-government senators - Labor, the Greens, any party represented and elected by the Australian people."

Labor supports the first stages, for low and middle income workers, but at this stage is uncomfortable with the later part which will flatten the tax rates schedule by mid-2024 and overwhelmingly benefit higher earners.

The government is adamant it will not split up the package.

If it can't get Labor onside, it will need support from four of the six crossbenchers since the Greens also oppose the package.   Smiley

But the other crossbench duo, Centre Alliance, holds a similar position to Labor with concerns that a softening economy might leave the country unable to afford the later stage of the plan without cutting essential services.

Australian Associated Press

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: Pauline Hanson To Block Coalition Tax Cuts
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 2:23pm

Give a nutter the balance of power and what do you expect.

She will fold she is a Liberal at heart and high paid un-affordable tax cuts are in her blood.

She will fold like a house of cards.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 2:45pm

Quote:
"At this stage, no I'm not,"

Code for ~ kiss my toes and I'll bend over.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 3:25pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 2:45pm:
Quote:
"At this stage, no I'm not,"

Code for ~ kiss my toes and I'll bend over.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 5:57pm

Greggy brings his soggy childish touch of OFF TOPIC SPAM.

Pauline will fold or be outflanked.

But what is Pauline actually after as all independents push their own wheelbarrows ?

Will she get a HELE clean coal power station in Nth Qld to produce endless CHEAP POWER ?

Will ScoMo divert the renewable rubbish subsidy to the first HELE clean coal power station ? What an election WINNER!!!!

When is Pauline going to ask for the BRADFIELD SCHEME in Qld to be started ?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 6:14pm

great ... but I suspect she'll cave.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 6:36pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 6:14pm:
great ... but I suspect she'll cave.

Of course she will.  She is just grandstanding hoping that Morrison will toss her a bone or two but even if he doesn't, she will, as you say, cave.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 7:02pm

Maybe ScoMo will use her as the excuse to get the 1st HELE clean coal power station started.

His excuse will be he had to do it to get Pauline to pass the tax cuts for all which got Libs elected.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 7:49pm

juliar wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 5:57pm:
Pauline will fold or be outflanked.

Ya think?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 8:00pm

Greggy are you inebriated ?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #10 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 12:01am

whiteknight wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 2:21pm:
June 10 2019
Pauline Hanson to block coalition tax cuts   Smiley
Canberra Times

Pauline Hanson has declared she will not support the coalition government's tax cuts when federal parliament returns next month.   Smiley

The One Nation leader, who carries two crucial Senate votes, said there were more important issues to be funded.

"At this stage, no I'm not," she told Nine Network on Monday, when asked whether she would support the tax relief.

Senator Hanson nominated building a coal-fired power station and getting on with a 1930s plan to divert water inland as two higher priorities for her.

She also wants a royal commission into the family courts, in return for her support for the tax package.

"If there are three things I want to achieve before leaving parliament, the government now knows what they are."

Her opposition will make it tough for the government to pass its full tax plan.

Finance Minister Mathias Cormann indicated negotiations with the Senate crossbench were still afoot.

"We don't ever provide a running commentary on our engagement with non-government senators," he told reporters in Perth.

"Our door is open to all non-government senators - Labor, the Greens, any party represented and elected by the Australian people."

Labor supports the first stages, for low and middle income workers, but at this stage is uncomfortable with the later part which will flatten the tax rates schedule by mid-2024 and overwhelmingly benefit higher earners.

The government is adamant it will not split up the package.

If it can't get Labor onside, it will need support from four of the six crossbenchers since the Greens also oppose the package.   Smiley

But the other crossbench duo, Centre Alliance, holds a similar position to Labor with concerns that a softening economy might leave the country unable to afford the later stage of the plan without cutting essential services.

Australian Associated Press

He should be asking if their door is open to the LNP ... not the other way around... I've commented before on the convention of new Senators and MPs attending on the PM to show the proper obeisance and subordination.... gives a pretty clear indication of how this nation is run in reality..... if I were a newly-elected Independent, I'd say that the PM was always welcome to knock on my door to say hello.... but no way would I be showing the belly by attending on his/her office like some summoned liegeman....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 7:59am

But the independents want to push their own wheelbarrows but to do this they need money and that has to come from the Govt.

So the independents have to grovel and beg or try to hold the govt to ransom in the SENATE.

So ScoMo will buy the independents loyalty.

The independents have a nice cushy job and so they will want to be seen to support popular legislation and also get a few local rorts for their electorate.  They generally don't want to be seen as ratbags like the Greenies for example.

Now the indies are demanding a fall in high power prices and Pauline is going the whole hog and demanding a new HELE clean coal power station in Nth Qld.  Wouldn't it be nice if the new HELE clean coal power station used ADANI clean coal ?

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 8:55am

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 9:36am

Quote:

Two white elephants.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 2:43pm

FD likes costly unreliable power.

The Greenies are a spent force now as they have overplayed their dirty handies this time once too often.

Bob Brown made a huge mistake in leading a foaming at the mouth shrieking insanity of LUNATIC EXTREMIST GREENIES into ADANI territory and incensed and angered the locals and got Labor taken out of Qld on a rail.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print