Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Chinese flogging scarce baby food. (Read 3926 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Chinese flogging scarce baby food.
Reply #90 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 11:52am

freediver wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 11:47am:
Gnads wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 11:08am:
Gordon wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 8:19pm:
Aussie wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 8:11pm:
Gordon wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:52pm:
I have zero problem with this.

If they empty our shelves, produce more.

I do.  If one of my kids went to get that formula for my grandchild and found the shelf empty, I'd be pissed off.  You, Gordon?

Anyway, the scares about Australia running out of formula are mostly clickbait.

Sometimes one shop will get cleared out of particular brand, just hop in the car and drive 2 mins up the road.

Its a very rare inconvenience faced by a few people but a boon of the farmers/producers/shop owners.

How so? They have a certain quantity produced, processed and retailed at a set price.

They're not making profit from the inflated prices it's being sold for in China.

If this causes the old "supply & demand" aka "profiteering" excuse in Australia because of this action then it needs to be nipped in the bud pronto.

I'm sure if the price for baby formulas went through the roof here because of shortages/lack of supply and I or my family required said formula
I'd be very pissed off.

You can't understand how the Chinese appetite for their products could be a good thing for our farmers?

you know I am wondering how many aussies sailors on a war ship would do that for aussie mums...if the boot was on the other foot... Sad Sad Sad

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #91 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 12:09pm

Hands up whp here has a child who uses formula now.

I have a 2 year old. My niece has a 6 month old. My business partner has twin 1 year olds. My neighbor has a  2 year old they look after 5 days a week.

I talk to lots of dads and mums in the playground, day care, library story time etc etc.

I've not once heard someone complain they can't buy formula.

The main topics of concerns are the cost of child care, the rip off of paying for a deposit on a private school at birth, the amount of colds going around and how to keep kids off devices.

Empty shelves and no formula.... Bzzzzz.

It's an very small issue, not a problem.

IBI

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #92 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 1:28pm

cods wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 11:52am:

I do.  If one of my kids went to get that formula for my grandchild and found the shelf empty, I'd be pissed off.  You, Gordon?

Sometimes one shop will get cleared out of particular brand, just hop in the car and drive 2 mins up the road.

Its a very rare inconvenience faced by a few people but a boon of the farmers/producers/shop owners.

How so? They have a certain quantity produced, processed and retailed at a set price.

They're not making profit from the inflated prices it's being sold for in China.

If this causes the old "supply & demand" aka "profiteering" excuse in Australia because of this action then it needs to be nipped in the bud pronto.

I'm sure if the price for baby formulas went through the roof here because of shortages/lack of supply and I or my family required said formula
I'd be very pissed off.

You can't understand how the Chinese appetite for their products could be a good thing for our farmers?

you know I am wondering how many aussies sailors on a war ship would do that for aussie mums...if the boot was on the other foot... Sad Sad Sad

You mean if they were concerned Aussie baby products were poisoning their children?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #93 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 2:18pm

I'd be very pissed off.

Bullshit.  They are doing it to line their own pockets!

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 2:47pm

I'd be very pissed off.

Good grief ... but trying to expand has proven a dangerous game in the dairy industry.

The Chinese already own some of our biggest dairy farms & NZ's.

You continue to promote more & more dependence on Chinese export markets .... as an investor putting all your eggs in the one basket, is a move fraught with peril.

Why the insistence on everything Chinese when they own ports(Darwin), large/vast beef cattle grazing stations/ agricultural properties including the biggest cotton farm - Cubbie station.

Everything to do with Chinese ownership/investments & export markets is at saturation point.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 2:54pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 2:18pm:

I'd be very pissed off.

and you didnt get a person off of a charge of digital rape  to line your own pockets????.....

of course you didnt. Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 3:01pm

freediver wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 1:28pm:

I'd be very pissed off.

You mean if they were concerned Aussie baby products were poisoning their children?

well that would be the main point I am making   if the cases were the same... Angry Angry

I am not putting down our sailors   but as I said earlier..

I doubt very much Chinese sailors get as well paid as aussie sailors......

so if they can see a way to make a bit on the side  if it isnt ILLEGAL   so what?...

its for babies   I am all for healthy babies...no matter where they live..

why turn this into an ISSUE ??

the Chinese navy must have asked the Australian media  to come on board a take pictures...

I dont see a thing wrong with it...its honest reporting...

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes..

can you believe we are the only ones who see   absolutely nothing wrong with this?... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 3:04pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 12:09pm:
Hands up whp here has a child who uses formula now.

I have a 2 year old. My niece has a 6 month old. My business partner has twin 1 year olds. My neighbor has a  2 year old they look after 5 days a week.

I talk to lots of dads and mums in the playground, day care, library story time etc etc.

I've not once heard someone complain they can't buy formula.

The main topics of concerns are the cost of child care, the rip off of paying for a deposit on a private school at birth, the amount of colds going around and how to keep kids off devices.

Empty shelves and no formula.... Bzzzzz.

It's an very small issue, not a problem.

its total rubbish gordy... maybe one lady found the shelves at her local empty  and OMG she had to go to the next supermarket to get her babies.   formula....tsk tsk....so she complained  Embarrassed

but then we complain about everything today dont we?.. Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #98 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 3:15pm

cods wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 2:54pm:
Aussie wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 2:18pm:

I'd be very pissed off.

and you didnt get a person off of a charge of digital rape  to line your own pockets????.....

of course you didnt. Angry

I did my professional job cods.  It is not the job of these sailors to nick baby formulae to sell on a black market in China to line their pockets.  The job they are paid to do is.....um......be sailors.

(I am amazed at how stuck some people are about what was really a minor case.  Gee, I'd blow your tiny mind if I told you some of the more gruesome ones cods.)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 3:27pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 3:15pm:
I did my professional job cods.  It is not the job of these sailors to nick baby formulae to sell on a black market in China to line their pockets.  The job they are paid to do is.....um......be sailors.

(I am amazed at how stuck some people are about what was really a minor case.  Gee, I'd blow your tiny mind if I told you some of the more gruesome ones cods.)

THE DIDNT NiCK ANYTHING>>>

its you thats stuck   you refuse to end your own PUZZLE.. you know what  I think it was all fake...and you cant come up with a reasonable answer that makes you look like a wannabee winner...

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #100 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 3:35pm

cods wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 3:27pm:
Aussie wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 3:15pm:

THE DIDNT NiCK ANYTHING>>>

its you thats stuck   you refuse to end your own PUZZLE.. you know what  I think it was all fake...and you cant come up with a reasonable answer that makes you look like a wannabee winner...

There is no 'puzzle' cods.  /End.  Take it to Relationships.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #101 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 3:39pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:09pm:
AiA wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 6:58pm:
Aussie wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 6:38pm:
AiA wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 6:36pm:
Aussie wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 6:33pm:
Giving this some more thought.

I have no idea how much of this product the Aussie manufacturer sends to China through their own exporting programme.  But.....

I guess they are laughing all the way to the Bank when the local shelves are denuded....they get to fill them up again!

the demand for non-toxic personal products in China far outstrips the supply. that is why Chinese tourists do it far more than sailors.

So...why doesn't the Aussie manufacturer export it to China?

I can only assume they do. And can't keep up with demand.

Obviously they can....but I thought you were saying that only toxic formula stuff was available in China?

Affluent Chinese do not trust the domestic food supply and can afford to buy foreign goods. That baby food and everything else ends up in the homes of the affluent. Are there domestic products that are not toxic? Absolutely. But how would a Chinese know which was safe and which was not? Fact is, they don't. So those who can afford to do some buy foreign products that are assured safe.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 7:22pm

Setanta wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 10:06pm:
Then you are ignoring where this conversation started and what it was about. You still haven't shown anything about malfunctioning oppai. So, since you don't have or at least won't want to provide what you know I can only assume the Chinese need this shyte because their women's boobies don't work. You can tell us why they need it? It's not a fashion thing apparently. There is no easy out for you here Mimo.

conversation started with you going on about chinese boobs not working. I asked for your stats to support that. You then went on and posted a page of just about every stats except that. Not my fault you can't follow a conversation. I've made no claims about boobs working or not so it's not up to me to provide stats to support either.

I realise you've been struggling lately, but you really do need to try harder. You're flapping your gums as if you aren't even reading what's in front of you. Unless of course, you suffered a head injury during your absence, in which case you need to let me know so I can guide you through the conversation.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #103 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 7:25pm

I'd be very pissed off.

It likely wasn't for Chinese mums - it was for profit on the Chinese black market.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #104 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 7:31pm

Setanta wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 10:17pm:
Dnarever wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 10:13pm:
John Smith wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 10:04pm:
Dnarever wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 10:01pm:
Happened in my area in the last 12 months.

Whilst I know it used to happen quite a lot ... i didn't think it was such an issue since the supermarkets bought in limits on the numbers you can buy. I'm surprised you've had that much trouble in the last 12 months

This isn't my area but a story from Jan 2019

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/parenting/family/baby-formula-shortage-china-53432

I've seen Chinese doing it here in Lismore. Taking a couple, checking out through the self serve, dropping it off to someone outside Coles then repeating. Small Chinese oppai are hella cute but apparently don't work as intended.

I know of a team of 6 separately picking up 2 tins each from Woolworths then going to coles and then to Aldi or somewhere else etc and then starting the cycle again till the van is full or there is no product left.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print