Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Chinese flogging scarce baby food. (Read 3858 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Chinese flogging scarce baby food.
Reply #15 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 6:38pm

AiA wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 6:36pm:
Aussie wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 6:33pm:
Giving this some more thought.

I have no idea how much of this product the Aussie manufacturer sends to China through their own exporting programme.  But.....

I guess they are laughing all the way to the Bank when the local shelves are denuded....they get to fill them up again!

the demand for non-toxic personal products in China far outstrips the supply. that is why Chinese tourists do it far more than sailors.

So...why doesn't the Aussie manufacturer export it to China?

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 6:42pm

So the purpose of Chinese Navy ships visiting Australia is to load up with baby formula, is that it cods?

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 6:58pm

To put the baby food in context:

Chinese Teen Who Sold a Kidney for an iPhone Is Now Bedridden for Life

https://www.vice.com/en_asia/article/bjqzv5/chinese-teen-sold-kidney-iphone-orga...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 6:58pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 6:38pm:

I have no idea how much of this product the Aussie manufacturer sends to China through their own exporting programme.  But.....

I guess they are laughing all the way to the Bank when the local shelves are denuded....they get to fill them up again!

the demand for non-toxic personal products in China far outstrips the supply. that is why Chinese tourists do it far more than sailors.

I can only assume they do. And can't keep up with demand.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #19 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:09pm

AiA wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 6:58pm:

I can only assume they do. And can't keep up with demand.

Obviously they can....but I thought you were saying that only toxic formula stuff was available in China?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:09pm

the problem is that we don't make enough enough to meet both theirs and our demand.

there are huge profits to be made. Those sailors aren't buying it for their private consumption, they're buying it to sell. Pay $25, sell it for $80 - $100 in china for little effort (there are website there that cater to this poo ... just post an add with a photo and wait for the orders.) ...not a bad turnover.

This is one example

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/meet-the-chinese-students-making-up-to-3000-a...

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:10pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:09pm:
Obviously they can..

no, they can't. What goes there doesn't even begin to satisfy the demand for our products.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:11pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:09pm:

the problem is that we don't make enough enough to meet both theirs and our demand.

there are huge profits to be made. Those sailors aren't buying it for their private consumption, they're buying it to sell. Pay $25, sell it for $80 - $100 in china for little effort (there are website there that cater to this poo ... just post an add with a photo and wait for the orders.) ...not a bad turnover.

This is one example

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/meet-the-chinese-students-making-up-to-3000-a...

Gawd.

Time to stomp on this crap, Mr Morrison.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:15pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:11pm:
John Smith wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:09pm:

This is one example

Gawd.

Time to stomp on this crap, Mr Morrison.

Apparently the Australian govt. made a deal with the Chinese govt. to stamp this out, but it still happens. The chinese just aren't concerned enough to waste to much time on it.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:16pm

It's no different to those who buy cartons of cheap cigarettes overseas for $1 a packet and then try to bring them here to sell for $10

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #25 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:32pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:16pm:
It's no different to those who buy cartons of cheap cigarettes overseas for $1 a packet and then try to bring them here to sell for $10

Except of course that we have made that illegal and tobacco is in large supply.

As for some deal we have with the Chinese over this.....yay.....it's working well with the Chinese military (an arm of Government) breaching the deal.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:36pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:32pm:
John Smith wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:16pm:

Except of course that we have made that illegal and tobacco is in large supply.

As for some deal we have with the Chinese over this.....yay.....it's working well with the Chinese military (an arm of Government) breaching the deal.

the only reason the restrictions on tobacco are working is because it could cost govts hundreds of millions in unpaid revenue to ignore it. If govt. taxed baby food the same as tobacco you'd see this stamped out quick smart (not that I advocate taxing baby food).

If there is nothing in it for the govt, they don't put in the resources.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #27 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:52pm

I have zero problem with this.

If they empty our shelves, produce more.

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #28 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 8:11pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:52pm:

I do.  If one of my kids went to get that formula for my grandchild and found the shelf empty, I'd be pissed off.  You, Gordon?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #29 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 8:19pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 8:11pm:
Gordon wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 7:52pm:

I do.  If one of my kids went to get that formula for my grandchild and found the shelf empty, I'd be pissed off.  You, Gordon?

Anyway, the scares about Australia running out of formula are mostly clickbait.

Sometimes one shop will get cleared out of particular brand, just hop in the car and drive 2 mins up the road.

Its a very rare inconvenience faced by a few people but a boon of the farmers/producers/shop owners.

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print