Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Women beaten for refusing to kiss for men (Read 5943 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Women beaten for refusing to kiss for men
Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:36pm

Gay couple beaten up for refusing to kiss for men’s entertainment

This horrifying picture shows a flight attendant and her girlfriend covered in blood after a gang of men attacked them when they refused to kiss for them.

The apparently homophobic attack happened on a London bus as the couple returned home from an evening out last month. Ryanair worker Melania Geymonat, 28, from Uruguay, was left with a suspected broken nose while girlfriend Chris, from the US, was also beaten up.

Melania, who lives in Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire, said they were sat at the front on the top deck because they enjoyed the novelty of the double decker bus. However, during the journey she claims a gang of young men behind them saw they were a couple and started to demand they kiss while making crude sexual gestures.

Melania said: ‘They wanted us to kiss so they could watch us. I tried to defuse the situation as I’m not a confrontational person, telling them to please leave us alone as Chris wasn’t feeling well.’

The men, who were in their 20s or 30s, began throwing things and the couple told them to stop during the attack on Thursday May 30. Melania added: ‘The next thing I remember was Chris in the middle of them and they were beating her.

‘I didn’t think about it and went in. I was pulling her back and trying to defend her so they started beating me up. ‘I don’t even know if I was knocked unconscious. I felt blood, I was bleeding all over my clothes and all over the floor.

‘We went downstairs and the police were there.’ Melania said there were at least four of them and one spoke Spanish while the others had a British accent. The attackers also robbed the couple before fleeing the bus.

Melania, who moved to the UK in February and is on a year’s sabbatical from her medical studies, says she felt safe as a gay woman in London and was stunned by the attack. She released the picture to raise awareness of violence against women and gay people.

She is still waiting to find out if her nose was broken in the attack, which happened following a night out in Camden, north London.

Melania said: ‘We were seen as entertainment, that’s what makes me so angry.’

She added: ‘What upsets me the most is that violence has become a common thing, that sometimes it’s necessary to see a woman bleeding after having been punched to feel some kind of impact.

‘I’m tired of being taken as a sexual object, of finding out that these situations are usual, of gay friends who were beaten up just because. ‘We have to endure verbal harassment and chauvinist, misogynistic and homophobic violence.’

Campaign group Stonewall pointed out that homophobic attacks were on the rise.

They said that 16% of lesbian, gay and bisexual people had experienced a hate crime or incident in 2016.

That compared to 9% in 2013 – a rise of 78%.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/07/gay-couple-beaten-refusing-kiss-mens-entertainmen...

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Women beaten for refusing to kiss for men
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:42pm

meanwhile in the islamic world

isis_001.jpg (5 KB | 7 )
isis_001.jpg

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:46pm

So what's your point, Horse Boy? That we're little better or that we don't need to worry about this because something else is worse?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:49pm

What's the punishment for throwing gays off buildings?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:49pm

I wonder what race and religion the perps are? One had a Spanish accent apparently? Possibly North African?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:50pm

freediver wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:49pm:

And this is why you can't get men to take the concerns of women in our society seriously.

And we continue to be raped, beaten and killed.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:51pm

mothra wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:50pm:
And this is why you can't get men to take the concerns of women in our society seriously.

More men are killed and beaten at the hands of other males Mothra? It's not a gender issue. It's a human issue.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:51pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:49pm:
I wonder what race and religion the perps are? One had a Spanish accent apparently? Possibly North African?

There is something seriously wrong with you.

Oh yes, racism.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:53pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:51pm:

More men are killed and beaten at the hands of other males Mothra? It's not a gender issue. It's a human issue.

Of course it's a gender issue! It's bloody men doing the raping, beating and killing!

But you all say, oh at least we don;t throw people off buildings, call us all femonazis and carry on.

It's unbelievable!

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:57pm

mothra wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:53pm:

Of course it's a gender issue! It's bloody men doing the raping, beating and killing!

But you all say, oh at least we don;t throw people off buildings, call us all femonazis and carry on.

It's unbelievable!

It's a very small minority of f wits who happen to be males Mothra. You are starting to sound like us Islamic critics who blame the whole lot.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:58pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:57pm:
mothra wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:53pm:

It's unbelievable!

It's a very small minority of f wits who happen to be males Mothra. You are starting to sound like us Islamic critics who blame the whole lot.

The percentage isn't that small, Hammer. One woman dies in this country every week.

And you say more men are killed than women.

That's not small at all.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #11 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:59pm

mothra wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:46pm:
So what's your point, Horse Boy? That we're little better or that we don't need to worry about this because something else is worse?

A little better than them? Are you really that stupid?
The people who did that are considered the scum of society and represent a small minority and if caught, and I hope they are, will go to jail.

In Islamic countries the mistreatment, vilification and murder of gays is central to their beliefs.

IBI

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #12 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 3:01pm

YOU are why..........if you think nagging and whining is going to get anybody to take YOU seriously you are sadly mistaken...........you're a pontificating idiot who clings on to Miss Pessary just for his twisted support of your pizz weak notion of what you consider is important. Why the hell would anybody take you seriously.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 3:01pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:59pm:
mothra wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:46pm:

A little better than them? Are you really that stupid?
The people who did that are considered the scum of society and represent a small minority and if caught, and I hope they are, will go to jail.

In Islamic countries the mistreatment, vilification and murder of gays is central to their beliefs.

And yet it happens many times, every day in our fair country.

But it doesn't matter, right? Because somewhere else it's worse.

You seriously should have picked up on that point the first time i made it and spared yourself this embarrassment.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 3:02pm

That is pathetic freediver.  Two women have been beaten up against a background of homophobia, and as the Leader of this Forum, the best you can do to address that appalling situation is to coast tail Mr Ed to assist in a deflection away from a genuine issue (the topic) so some other genuine issue having SFA to do with the topic.

Nah.

I wonder whether the attackers graduated from Oxford or Cambridge?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print