Sailor Shortage (Read 438 times)
PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sailor Shortage
Jun 6th, 2019 at 6:51am

Quote:
Sailor shortage strands Australian warship HMAS Perth in dry dock for two years

One of the Navy's recently upgraded Anzac class frigates has been stuck in dry dock since 2017, because the ADF is struggling to find enough sailors to put the warship to sea.

The situation, first uncovered by the Auditor General in March, has been highlighted in a new report that closely examines Australia's $38.7 billion annual defence spend

ABC News

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Sailor Shortage
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 9:18am

It's a man's life in the Navy, ask any sailor.  Wink

« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2019 at 10:18am by Captain Nemo »  

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 9:23am

PZ547 wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 6:51am:
Sailor shortage strands Australian warship HMAS Perth in dry dock for two years

One of the Navy's recently upgraded Anzac class frigates has been stuck in dry dock since 2017, because the ADF is struggling to find enough sailors to put the warship to sea.

Dry dock, because there's not enough seamen.

Ah.

« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2019 at 10:09am by greggerypeccary »  

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 2:58pm

It's actually more an poor excuse to say that the Australian Navy doesn't have the money to just operated Ships willy-nilly.  They are always docked for repairs that never get done because the Navy can't afford it.
The 'cost' of Australia being so expensive in everything is that 'contracting' out is crippling their budgets.
It seems the 'cost' of running this country is getting too much to bear for Politics and Military here. The 'People' are bleeding the Government 'chest' dry.

...and yet, the Government spends mega-millions on a French contract for Submarines, that is escalating in cost already!  Roll Eyes Not to mention the purchase of hand-me-down Fighter planes.  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 3:25pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 2:58pm:
It's actually more an poor excuse to say that the Australian Navy doesn't have the money to just operated Ships willy-nilly.  They are always docked for repairs that never get done because the Navy can't afford it.
The 'cost' of Australia being so expensive in everything is that 'contracting' out is crippling their budgets.
It seems the 'cost' of running this country is getting too much to bear for Politics and Military here. The 'People' are bleeding the Government 'chest' dry.

...and yet, the Government spends mega-millions on a French contract for Submarines, that is escalating in cost already!  Roll Eyes Not to mention the purchase of hand-me-down Fighter planes.  Roll Eyes

it's the middle-men who find those contracts to be lucrative

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 6:39pm

Yes. And too cover up the Navy's financial flunking, they blame the Public for a lack of Sailors.
Most are just young'ens in 20's all preferring to play Mech Warrior in the barracks and shagging like a USA Dorm with all the increase in female recruits. Even the Brass get in on that act too now.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print