Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Who are they after in ABC ? (Read 8023 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Who are they after in ABC ?
Reply #135 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 2:39pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Jun 11th, 2019 at 2:12pm:
aquascoot wrote on Jun 11th, 2019 at 1:51pm:
Working at the ABC is the consolation prize for being a failure as a journalist. .

That is the greatest load of horseshit I have ever heard in my life.

Look up Walkley Awards for journalism you will see the ABC is well represented and not only that the winners currently from the other networks are often ex ABC

Even made look more ridiculous by the Chief Sky News Political Reporter Kieran Gilbert being lured to host ABC's Insiders at the end of the year.

You are a dill!

aqua's idea of good journalism is Facebook posts and Twitter feeds.

Wink

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 2:43pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 11th, 2019 at 2:39pm:
Working at the ABC is the consolation prize for being a failure as a journalist. .

Look up Walkley Awards for journalism you will see the ABC is well represented and not only that the winners currently from the other networks are often ex ABC

Even made look more ridiculous by the Chief Sky News Political Reporter Kieran Gilbert being lured to host ABC's Insiders at the end of the year.

You are a dill!

Wink

Aqua understands that the superior man is a man of action and purpose.
Not a naval gazing , self loathing , armchair critic, "stuck in his head" stifled, out of touch leftie bed wetting pussy  Wink

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #137 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 2:43pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 11th, 2019 at 2:35pm:

You are a dill!

unrepresentative SWILL

The ABC has not admitted to a lack of political diversity in its staff profile or systemic political bias in its programming. Yet the largest survey in 20 years of political attitudes among journalists found that 73.6 per cent of ABC journalists support Labor or the Greens. The Sunshine Coast University research also found that 41.2 per cent of ABC staff surveyed voted for the Greens. As Chris Kenny wrote in The Weekend Australian, the “federal vote ceiling” for the Greens is just over 10 per cent. On those figures, the ABC’s staff profile is highly unrepresentative of the Australian general public.

Forgot this bit dope!

But experts told Fact Check that the ABC sub-sample was too small and the rate of undecided and non-response too high to be able to draw accurate conclusions from the survey on ABC journalist voting intention, let alone voting intention of all ABC employees.

Upon releasing the findings in 2013, the author of the study himself, Folker Hanusch, inserted numerous caveats about using sub-samples of the survey, including that the margins of error would be larger than those for the total sample. Professor Davidson neglected to include any of these important caveats in making his claim.

Experts contacted by Fact Check, including Professor Hanusch, also took issue with comparing the results of the survey with larger, more stable studies of the voting intention of the general population, such as Newspoll.

Whilst the survey found that Australian journalists in general tend to skew left, it showed no evidence that ABC journalists were five times more likely to vote for the Greens than the general public, and experts contacted by Fact Check said they did not know of any other recent studies which canvass the voting intentions of ABC journalists.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-13/fact-check3a-abc-greens-voters/9931782

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #138 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 2:54pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 11th, 2019 at 2:43pm:

You are a dill!

Wink

Aqua understands that the superior man is a man of action and purpose.
Not a naval gazing , self loathing , armchair critic, "stuck in his head" stifled, out of touch leftie bed wetting pussy  Wink

aqua's motto:

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #139 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 3:00pm

You are a dill!

Wink

And old 2017 discredited articles from Rupert Murdochs Australian

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion/columnists/jennifer-oriel/diversity-of-t...

Or even worse Pickerings Post

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 4:40pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Jun 11th, 2019 at 2:43pm:
aquascoot wrote on Jun 11th, 2019 at 2:35pm:

You are a dill!

unrepresentative SWILL

The ABC has not admitted to a lack of political diversity in its staff profile or systemic political bias in its programming. Yet the largest survey in 20 years of political attitudes among journalists found that 73.6 per cent of ABC journalists support Labor or the Greens. The Sunshine Coast University research also found that 41.2 per cent of ABC staff surveyed voted for the Greens. As Chris Kenny wrote in The Weekend Australian, the “federal vote ceiling” for the Greens is just over 10 per cent. On those figures, the ABC’s staff profile is highly unrepresentative of the Australian general public.

Forgot this bit dope!

But experts told Fact Check that the ABC sub-sample was too small and the rate of undecided and non-response too high to be able to draw accurate conclusions from the survey on ABC journalist voting intention, let alone voting intention of all ABC employees.

Upon releasing the findings in 2013, the author of the study himself, Folker Hanusch, inserted numerous caveats about using sub-samples of the survey, including that the margins of error would be larger than those for the total sample. Professor Davidson neglected to include any of these important caveats in making his claim.

Experts contacted by Fact Check, including Professor Hanusch, also took issue with comparing the results of the survey with larger, more stable studies of the voting intention of the general population, such as Newspoll.

Whilst the survey found that Australian journalists in general tend to skew left, it showed no evidence that ABC journalists were five times more likely to vote for the Greens than the general public, and experts contacted by Fact Check said they did not know of any other recent studies which canvass the voting intentions of ABC journalists.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-13/fact-check3a-abc-greens-voters/9931782

may i suggest you google professor hanusch.
his articles are of the mothra and gweg ilk

IP Logged

Violet Crumble
Gold Member

Reply #141 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 4:51pm

You are a dill!

Incorrect.

DAVID SPEERS to take over as Insiders host in 2020, ABC confirms.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-05/david-speers-to-take-over-as-insiders-hos...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print