Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Paternoster (Read 1346 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Paternoster
Reply #15 - Jun 7th, 2019 at 12:47pm

Here's 6+m Great White Shark known as Deep Blue.
with Divers swimming with it.

1min
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=great+freediving+moments&&view=detail&mid=C...

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #16 - Jun 7th, 2019 at 12:49pm

scope wrote on Jun 7th, 2019 at 12:28pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 7th, 2019 at 11:41am:
scope wrote on Jun 7th, 2019 at 11:39am:
like this

Its the knots I'm interested in.

I used to make loops, that way hooks and weights could be changed as needed.

Have no idea what I'd need a surgeons knot for in abseiling or SRT, but still good to watch.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jun 7th, 2019 at 12:49pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 7th, 2019 at 12:35pm:
Why bother.

Spearfishing is the best way. It's more selective, good for your health and fitness (Breath Holding) - as you attune your body to 'work' hard, with less oxygen. So on surface when working, you work hard - without breathing hard and working a sweat.
Also - you get the fish of your choice. No hit and miss wondering with line fishing from the surface.
Plus - the adrenaline rush and excitement, rather than just sitting in a boat... waiting  Roll Eyes

Then the 'shark' appears because you have killed fish on a catch line attached. My mate got dragged 20m when a Great White took his catch-line, before he unhooked. He got the 'ultimate rush'!  Cheesy

Why 'scratch the surface' when you can get to the 'deep within'  Wink

Sometimes, you don't even need a Speargun.  Grin
10mins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECA1WS1lNBA

Spear fishing should be banned.

I've seen them completely fish out locations.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Jun 7th, 2019 at 1:51pm

Gnads wrote on Jun 7th, 2019 at 12:49pm:
Jasin wrote on Jun 7th, 2019 at 12:35pm:
Why bother.

Spearfishing is the best way. It's more selective, good for your health and fitness (Breath Holding) - as you attune your body to 'work' hard, with less oxygen. So on surface when working, you work hard - without breathing hard and working a sweat.
Also - you get the fish of your choice. No hit and miss wondering with line fishing from the surface.
Plus - the adrenaline rush and excitement, rather than just sitting in a boat... waiting  Roll Eyes

Then the 'shark' appears because you have killed fish on a catch line attached. My mate got dragged 20m when a Great White took his catch-line, before he unhooked. He got the 'ultimate rush'!  Cheesy

Why 'scratch the surface' when you can get to the 'deep within'  Wink

Sometimes, you don't even need a Speargun.  Grin
10mins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECA1WS1lNBA

Spear fishing should be banned.

I've seen them completely fish out locations.

Yes & No.
What the New Zealand Spearos (all very professional, even if unpaid for it) have found out is that when a Spot is consistently targeted - 50% of the Fish 'leave' due to the stress of seeing other fish being killed. They flee in fear of a threat. So what they do, is that 'restrict' their waters to be ZONED in rotations. So they become total NO TAKE zones for a duration of time - to let the fish come back and resettle with proliferation. For fish proliferate on the best environments underwater has to offer. No bullcrap of sinking ex naval ships as 'artificial reefs'  Roll Eyes as if its some excuse to  'help the fish' and not the local Dive Tourism Shops making some $$ - afterall, they now 'pay' to have them sunk.  Wink

This is something that Australia should adopt and enforce. It would be a far better idea to 'steal' , just like a pavlova recipe.

NZ adopts 'sustainability' methods and it works.
Something Australia should be doing more often, rather than 'rape' this land for the money and demand of 'other' nations.

#note
: The NZ 'general public' Spearos all totally support this with a sincere  Smiley pleased to do so as they all are 'responsible' for their actions, like a properly 'trained' Spearo.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #19 - Jun 7th, 2019 at 5:09pm

Argh - it wasn't her noster I was thinking of patting .....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print