Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 19
Send Topic Print
New hydrogen tank break through (Read 29265 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: New hydrogen tank break through
Reply #15 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 1:05pm

juliar wrote on Jun 11th, 2019 at 8:40am:
MD, there is a vast amount of research going on solving the practical parts of the whole HYDROGEN FUTURE FUEL puzzle.

A lot of research is going on on how to extract Hydrogen from water.

There are systems already working overseas but to become successful commercially a bit more work is required.

But you can be certain it is coming.

See batteries can only be used to power toy cars and are too small to be used to power large diesel machines whereas hydrogen works quite well in large machinery. And is quick to refuel.

The impetus for hydrogen is the eventual end of oil.  Japan is going all out to swing over to hydrogen.

And even more research on better batteries which hydrogen cars still need btw Wink

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #16 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 7:51am

Sir lastnail wrote on Jun 11th, 2019 at 1:05pm:
juliar wrote on Jun 11th, 2019 at 8:40am:
MD, there is a vast amount of research going on solving the practical parts of the whole HYDROGEN FUTURE FUEL puzzle.

A lot of research is going on on how to extract Hydrogen from water.

There are systems already working overseas but to become successful commercially a bit more work is required.

But you can be certain it is coming.

See batteries can only be used to power toy cars and are too small to be used to power large diesel machines whereas hydrogen works quite well in large machinery. And is quick to refuel.

The impetus for hydrogen is the eventual end of oil.  Japan is going all out to swing over to hydrogen.

And even more research on better batteries which hydrogen cars still need btw Wink

I don't think Jules has read about the electric car ferries in Norway,,,,, pretty big motors there Wink

I am me

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 2:49pm

Like I pointed out so correctly, as soon as the looney Greenies like Tweedledumb and Tweedledee smell HYDROGEN they go berserk.

The totally looney Greeny bloodclots Tweedledumb and Tweedledee are just so unbelievably ignorant as they continue their childish HATE SESSIONS against me.

But then what else can you expect from inadequate creatures that are just child's minds that never developed in Adult bodies - classic dumb Greenies  ?

These sad failures follow me around like lost puppies because they worship the ground I walk on.
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2019 at 2:55pm by juliar »  

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #18 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 3:15pm

Hydrogen Fueling stations worldwide are having to close their doors, until the 2 explosions in 1 week have been investigated, It means the Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars will be useless until they open again because it's the only way they can refuel. which could take months.....

Toyota and Hyundai in Finland are already giving their customer's loaner cars until this mess is sorted....

I bet Jules is happy he hasn't bought one yet......

I am me

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #19 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 10:06pm

juliar wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 2:49pm:
Like I pointed out so correctly, as soon as the looney Greenies like Tweedledumb and Tweedledee smell HYDROGEN they go berserk.

The totally looney Greeny bloodclots Tweedledumb and Tweedledee are just so unbelievably ignorant as they continue their childish HATE SESSIONS against me.

But then what else can you expect from inadequate creatures that are just child's minds that never developed in Adult bodies - classic dumb Greenies  ?

These sad failures follow me around like lost puppies because they worship the ground I walk on.

Hydrogen is odorless, if used for fuel I would expect they would add a mercaptan like they do for natural gas.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #20 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 7:12am

Mortdooley wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 10:06pm:
juliar wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 2:49pm:

Hydrogen is odorless, if used for fuel I would expect they would add a mercaptan like they do for natural gas.

yes and the explosion that happened last week in the USA they had to use heat sensors on the place because the flame is invisible as well...
such a scarey source of fuel to be used, odourless invisible flame and highly combustible... Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:30am

DonDeeHippy wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 3:15pm:
Hydrogen Fueling stations worldwide are having to close their doors, until the 2 explosions in 1 week have been investigated, It means the Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars will be useless until they open again because it's the only way they can refuel. which could take months.....

Toyota and Hyundai in Finland are already giving their customer's loaner cars until this mess is sorted....

I bet Jules is happy he hasn't bought one yet......

That's why it has never ever taken off. A single atom molecule under huge pressures is thwart with danger ! Just a ticking time bomb !

Whilst socko likes to bag other people for their so called lack of "knowledge" this fundamental issue obviously alludes him.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:54am

California has had hydrogen cars for quite some years now operating quite successfully as replacements for petrol and diesel cars.

This is more than can be said for the dangerous unsafe pollution spewing all electric toy cars which are unsuitable to replace the reliable versatile petrol and diesel cars.

Japan is going all out to establish its hydrogen economy for the eventual end of oil.

Australia should follow suit to improve its security as all Australia's fuel is IMPORTED. What happens if the fuel tankers are stopped ?

ScoMo needs to divert the subsidy away from useless renewables to hydrogen production and HELE clean coal power stations.
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2019 at 12:01pm by juliar »  

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 1:04pm

Now burying the looney Greenies in the rubbish dump and returning to the topic.

Shell is well on the way to swinging over to the NEW HYDROGEN FUEL ECONOMY in preparation for the end of oil.

While all electric piles of junk have tanked as they are just toys there is huge research going on to bring all aspects of the hydrogen fuel economy to fruition.

Whereas tiddly little batteries can only power toy cars powerful hydrogen can power small and big transport and industrial machines.

VIDEO: Hydrogen happening all around the world

HYDROGEN’S ROLE IN THE FUTURE OF TRANSPORT
Hydrogen could be an important low-carbon transport fuel in the future. Shell is part of several initiatives to encourage the adoption of hydrogen electric energy.

Hydrogen fuel-cell electric vehicles convert compressed hydrogen from the fuel tank into electricity that powers the electric motor of a vehicle. When driven, such cars do not produce greenhouse gases from their tailpipe – the only emission is water vapour. When renewable electricity is used to make the hydrogen, the vehicle can effectively be powered without generating any emissions.

Hydrogen vehicles have similar performance and acceleration capabilities to petrol and diesel cars. They are quick to refuel and can drive similar distances. Energy is stored in compressed hydrogen fuel, rather than a battery, which means that hydrogen-powered cars can potentially drive up to 700 kilometres without refuelling.

The cars take up to five minutes to refuel – similar to current refuelling times for petrol and diesel cars.

The future of Hydrogen
In 2017, Shell published a study on the future of hydrogen in the transport sector, jointly produced with the Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy.

Full Shell hydrogen study:-
  https://www.shell.com/energy-and-innovation/new-energies/hydrogen/_jcr_content/p...

The study concludes that in 2050, 113 million fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEVs) could save up to 68 million tonnes of fuel and almost 200 million tonnes of carbon emissions, making a significant contribution to reducing energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions in the transport sector.

Hydrogen study presentation:-
   https://www.shell.com/energy-and-innovation/new-energies/hydrogen/_jcr_content/p...

VIDEO: DRIVING INTO A HYDROGEN FUTURE

Man refuelling at Shell Hydrogen station in Germany

Shell already has hydrogen facilities at five of its retail stations in Germany. One station, in Hamburg, uses electricity generated by wind power to produce low carbon hydrogen, which is stored on-site

How Shell works together
For hydrogen electric transport to succeed, vehicle manufacturers, fuel suppliers and governments need to work together.

There is a need for more hydrogen vehicles to be available as well as sufficient refuelling infrastructure to attract customers. Businesses also require incentives to build this infrastructure. Learn about the path towards competitive refueling infrastructure.

In Germany, Shell is part of a joint venture with industrial gas manufacturers Air Liquide and Linde, car manufacturer Daimler and energy companies Total and OMV, to develop a nationwide network of 400 hydrogen refuelling stations for new hydrogen car models by 2023.

The German government and the European Union are also part-funding the initiative.

In 2017 Shell became the first branded fuel retailer to sell hydrogen at one of its retail sites in the UK. The new hydrogen refuelling station in Cobham, on the outskirts of London, is the first of three hydrogen stations Shell plans to open in the Southeast of England in 2017, in partnership with ITM. Learn more about our hydrogen refuelling station in Cobham here.

In the USA, Shell has two hydrogen filling stations in Los Angeles, and is currently working in partnership with Toyota, with the support of the State of California, to further develop its hydrogen refuelling network. In 2018, Shell opened its first hydrogen station in Vancouver, Canada and announced plans to build four new hydrogen stations in The Netherlands.

Shell is also assessing the potential for similar projects in other parts of the USA as well as the UK, Canada, Switzerland, Austria, France, Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxemburg and China.

Related links
Shell and HTEC launched Canada's first hydrogen refuelling station in June 2018 

Shell opens hydrogen station in the UK

See what it takes to build a new hydrogen filling station

October 1, 2015 - Shell to install nationwide network of hydrogen vehicle fuelling pumps in Germany

https://www.shell.com/energy-and-innovation/new-energies/hydrogen.html

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #24 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 1:31pm

Toyota in California are almost giving their hydrogen car away just to get rid of stock

Jules 2 explosion in one week and countries are closing down all the hydrogen stations, at the moment the whole hydrogen feet is grounded until they can figure out why the stations are exploding,,, it's not looking good for a already dodgy transport system...... Wink

This is real news as we speak not just some made up in the future thing you love to show... Wink

I am me

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 1:36pm

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 3:05pm

Hey Socko have you heard the latest news ?? Cheesy LOL

DonDeeHippy wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 8:26am:
Hydrogen Fueling Station Explodes: Toyota & Hyundai Halt Fuel Cell Car Sales

Blast was so big it set off airbags in nearby cars.

A hydrogen refueling station exploded and stood in flames yesterday in Sandvika, Norway, which could make June 10, 2019 the day when the perception about hydrogen stations and hydrogen fuel cell cars, in general, will forever change.
According to reports from the Uno-X station, the explosion was huge. It triggered airbags in nearby cars and caused the necessity to close off the busy E18 and E16 intersection. A safety zone of 500 meters was recommended by the fire service.

"“It is probably a tank that has exploded at the hydrogen station next to the police station at Kjorbo,” The Fire Services tells the local newspaper Budstikka."
"“E18 near the site is closed in both directions due to the danger of explosion. The E16 at the Bjornegarden tunnel in Barum is closed for the same reason,” The Road Traffic Central tweets Tweets."

The cause of the explosion is not yet known as it needs to be investigated.

Because of that, Uno-X closed its two other stations with hydrogen in Norway, while carmakers - Toyota and Hyundai - temporarily stopped sales of FCVs (well, only a few per month were usually sold anyway). Owners of FCVs are expected to get loaner cars.

Taking into consideration how few hydrogen refueling stations are installed around the world, with this explosion, the average number of explosions per station will probably be orders of magnitude higher than for any other fuel. Not a good thing if you intend to promote FCVs.
We were often criticizing hydrogen fuel cell cars as a poor alternative for all-electric, because of low energy efficiency, high cost and lack of refueling infrastructure. As the charging times decreased in new BEVs thanks to ultra-fast chargers and the range on a single charge increased, it seemed that FCVs will never have a chance to take off. Any issues with safety (especially if repeated) only adds to the challenge.

Just last week a Hydrogen Plant in Sanfracisco exploded and stopped hydrogen supply there, now this...

The explosion set off airbags in surrounding areas, just lucky no one was refilling.......Hydrogen is a highly flammable liquid under immense pressure (10,000psi)..... Wink

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 3:21pm

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #28 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 3:23pm

The Hydrogen future is Exploding;;; Literally Cheesy

I am me

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 3:26pm

There is that nauseating totally looney Greeny tweedledee carrying on her Greeny HATE SESSION with me.

She follows me around like a lost puppy because she worships the ground I walk on.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 19
Send Topic Print