lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Cold
Reply #30 - Jun 2nd, 2019 at 11:43am

"Hottest day      48.0 °C at Birdsville Airport on 19 Dec 2018"

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/current/season/qld/summary.shtml

Birdsville Airport has only been open since 2000. Wink

Birdsville Police Station had its hottest day 24 Dec 1972 at 49.5C.

Even at Birdsville Airport the maximum in November 2006 was 48.5C.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #31 - Jun 2nd, 2019 at 9:43pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Jun 2nd, 2019 at 9:42am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 2nd, 2019 at 1:46am:
Northeastern Australia has had a nice cool Summer.

* and bear in mind, Australia's "warmest summer on record" is based on NATIONAL AVERAGES - NOT "cherry-picked" hottest or coolest localities[/size]

Apart from February, which was considerably above average, Rockhampton, Townsville, and Emerald were either at slight above average, or below average. Hughenden was well below average in February and slightly above average in December and January.

Typically, "a nice cool Summer".

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #32 - Jun 2nd, 2019 at 9:46pm

Had we also got more than 260mm of rain over the summer, I am sure that we would have had lower temperatures all around.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #33 - Jun 3rd, 2019 at 11:27pm

I have a citronella lamp burning downstairs. The under house does have ventilation. Much of the reason for the purchase was to ward of mosquitos that were still hanging around. But I do not know if the lamp burning for a few hours will work.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #34 - Jun 4th, 2019 at 9:56pm

12 degrees at 9pm. 15 degrees at 9:30pm. What the hell is going on Bureau of Meteorology??? Did a plane take off 5 minutes before you took the latest measurements?

Wind direction: 4km/h ESE at 9pm. 11km/r from the South at 9:30pm.

Keep in mind that Rockhampton can get easterlies and have a pleasant winter night. But southerlies and winds coming south-west of us would mean that we get cold nights, no matter when between May and August.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #35 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 3:54pm

Bloody hell, cold nuf for ya?

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #36 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 4:01pm

I just got told off by some ex-Prison Guard neighbour to put a bloody shirt on. He's all rugged up, while I'm walking around bare-skinned in shorts. Not far from Thredbo/Jindibyne region, the cold winds blowing didn't feel too much bother and I quite enjoyed it (like a respite from the hot memories of Summer). He even had a patch on where he just had a skin cancer removed.

Some people don't know how to 'do time' like a Criminal and thus they grow old too quickly.
Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #37 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 4:07pm

Jasin wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 4:01pm:
I just got told off by some ex-Prison Guard neighbour to put a bloody shirt on. He's all rugged up, while I'm walking around bare-skinned in shorts. Not far from Thredbo/Jindibyne region, the cold winds blowing didn't feel too much bother and I quite enjoyed it (like a respite from the hot memories of Summer). He even had a patch on where he just had a skin cancer removed.

Some people don't know how to 'do time' like a Criminal and thus they grow old too quickly.
Wink

I haven’t been able to get out for a run today so the furnace isn’t on fire so feeling the cold. From heated house to car to shops then car and home.

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #38 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 4:09pm

Snow trip tomorrow..... pretty bleak to the west and cold wind here.... the magpies are flying backwards so their eyes don't freeze shut...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #39 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 4:11pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 4:09pm:
Snow trip tomorrow..... pretty bleak to the west and cold wind here.... the magpies are flying backwards so their eyes don't freeze shut...

Skiing with ur dodgy knees?

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #40 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 4:13pm

Just got back from being 'outside' again.
Another neighbour got up me so I just said "I would like to at least 'experience' some form of a Winter."

Yep - Global Warming
and in my mind, it's a natural thing.
But there are those who want to 'change it' because they have the 'Science' to do so and they would want you to think it is currently 'man-made' so they can get paid 'fixing it'.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #41 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 4:14pm

I light up bifenthrin oil lamps under the house. Lamps that I make myself. They burn for 2 days straight in 300mL soft drink bottles. Not only do I have no mosquito problem, but the under the house is actually considerably warmer, that upstairs is kept warmer.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #42 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 4:19pm

Jasin wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 4:13pm:
Just got back from being 'outside' again.
Another neighbour got up me so I just said "I would like to at least 'experience' some form of a Winter."

Yep - Global Warming
and in my mind, it's a natural thing.
But there are those who want to 'change it' because they have the 'Science' to do so and they would want you to think it is currently 'man-made' so they can get paid 'fixing it'.  Wink

Cold and temperature is just a social construct.

IBI

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #43 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 4:19pm

I got heaps of texts today from Brisbane mates wondering if I built a snowman. Thing is there wasn't any snow except a few flakes that didn't land on mt Ainsley. Did the qld news report it snowed here?

It is cold. Hasn't got over 7c and last night was freezing cold rain but no snow

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #44 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 4:23pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Aug 10th, 2019 at 4:19pm:
I got heaps of texts today from Brisbane mates wondering if I built a snowman. Thing is there wasn't any snow except a few flakes that didn't land on mt Ainsley. Did the qld news report it snowed here?

It is cold. Hasn't got over 7c and last night was freezing cold rain but no snow

Spot

May take 2nd born for a drive up to the mountains to see some snow tomorrow.

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Send Topic Print