Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 
Send Topic Print
Dickhead Wants To Be noticed So Won't Sing Anthem (Read 15582 times)
Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Re: Dickhead Wants To Be noticed So Won't Sing Anthem
Reply #270 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 2:41pm

moses wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 2:18pm:
He said he was departing from a traditional integral part of the game, the reasons for his not wanting to interact in this inbuilt section of the tournament was a black / white issue.

He is a hypocrite, he is playing a whitemans' game. Why?

So if you are against just one aspect of something you shouldn't be involved with any of it?

Raven doesn't against the fact he only gets a half hour for lunch, should he chuck his job in?

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #271 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 3:21pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 5th, 2019 at 9:13pm:
the lyrics have been changed before to include women, it used to be 'Australia's sons let us rejoice', instead of 'Australians all let us rejoice' ....

there is absolutely no reason why it counldn't be tweaked again to include Aborigines

It doesn't require changing to specifically include Aborigines(mothra taught you ey?).

If changing the word young to strong I don't see a problem.... it's all inclusive.

What are you thinking needs to be done to include Aborigines?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #272 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 3:23pm

Gnads wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 3:21pm:
the lyrics have been changed before to include women, it used to be 'Australia's sons let us rejoice', instead of 'Australians all let us rejoice' ....

there is absolutely no reason why it counldn't be tweaked again to include Aborigines

It doesn't require changing to specifically include Aborigines(mothra taught you ey?).

If changing the word young to strong I don't see a problem.... it's all inclusive.

How about changing 'young' to 'jaded'?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #273 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 3:28pm

Raven wrote on Jun 5th, 2019 at 9:53pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 5th, 2019 at 9:13pm:
Johnathan Thurston did a great job of the lead-in speech - regardless of having to check his notes once - and put it in perspective - All For One and One For All!

A true Elder Statesmen for the Indigenous.

I'd say leave it at that - and if you don't want to play for Australia - kindly step aside for someone who will.

I respect the ability of players - but when they make it a political issue over essentially nothing, given that they are among the more privileged in society overall - I draw the line.

Get with it or get out....

Again from a previous post Raven made in another thread.

Divisive is a deceptive notion upon which to base any argument about protest because it contains an often false assumption — that the subject of protest is inherently inclusive and, as such, can only be undermined and never enhanced to the benefit of all.

Cody Walker said — in the most measured and respectful manner possible — he would not sing the national anthem because it does not represent him or his family.

"I'm not pushing my view on anyone, it's just how me and my family have grown up and how I feel," Walker told Nine Media, making it abundantly clear he is not seeking to demean or overshadow State of Origin but merely to exercise a personal right.

While the silent protest has gained inevitable media traction, the more remarkable outcome is the absence of the kind of rancour that could usually have been expected had an Indigenous Australian player engaged in what would once have been portrayed as "un-Australian" and, yes, "divisive" behaviour.

On the contrary, it seems unlikely anyone will jeer Walker and Addo-Carr when they respectfully maintain their silence during Advance Australia Fair.

Rather, their demonstration is less confronting because it comes with the tacit support of the NRL at a time when the game is demonstrating genuine leadership in the often contentious realm of Indigenous affairs.

Cody Walker is of mixed heritage so no matter whether he thinks it doesn't represent him and how he identifies it still does.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #274 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 3:39pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 3:23pm:
Gnads wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 3:21pm:

How about changing 'young' to 'jaded'?

Only You can remedy that.

Don't like the flag, don't like the anthem and you're jaded.... Bon voyage.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #275 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 3:45pm

Raven wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 1:28pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 12:21pm:
cods wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 12:11pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 10:52am:
I loved it when  the crowd booed when a bunch of the tinted players didn't sing the anthem. And little Cody not only played badly but he lost. Happy days indeed. I hope his black ass gets dropped for the next game.

sorry to see your reaction hammer...

I am sorry they go to these lengths  but at the end of the day   it does bring it to everyones attention...including yours....if there is a problem with some people..  and its a problem so easily fixed...

why not do it???..

why antagonise the situation???...its a few words I have never looked at it the way aboriginals look at it...

I bet you havent either...I took the word young to kind of mean... well I dont know what really I have never thought about it...

commonsense tells me  this upsets people    lets fix it..

they are not insulting you or I hammer...for goodness sakes  stop the old them v us carry on...

you can still sing your own words.. should you sing it at all... Grin Grin...

There's a bigger issue behind  all of this Cods. It's about racial division in this country. And I'm doing my best to antagonise to get the truth out. Little Cody doesn't like white Australia. Loads of people don't like it including the Pecca's of this world.

Divisive is a deceptive notion upon which to base any argument about protest because it contains an often false assumption — that the subject of protest is inherently inclusive and, as such, can only be undermined and never enhanced to the benefit of all.

Have you ever pissed somebody off enough where they have let the truth out? You'd be amazed what people are really bottling up Raven.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #276 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 4:03pm

Raven wrote:
Quote:
So if you are against just one aspect of something you shouldn't be involved with any of it?

Raven doesn't against the fact he only gets a half hour for lunch, should he chuck his job in?

If your job description is that you work so many hours and get a certain amount of time for lunch / smoko, that the rules you follow as part and parcel of the job.

Singing the national anthem is a traditional integration of the opening ceremony and the rest of the game.

It's part and parcel of the whitemans' football games of rugby / league / union / A.F.L. / SOCCER.

So why does this hypocrite play the whitemans' game of football if he mistakenly thinks part of it somehow offends black people?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #277 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 4:16pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 12:21pm:
cods wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 12:11pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 10:52am:
I loved it when  the crowd booed when a bunch of the tinted players didn't sing the anthem. And little Cody not only played badly but he lost. Happy days indeed. I hope his black ass gets dropped for the next game.

sorry to see your reaction hammer...

I am sorry they go to these lengths  but at the end of the day   it does bring it to everyones attention...including yours....if there is a problem with some people..  and its a problem so easily fixed...

why not do it???..

why antagonise the situation???...its a few words I have never looked at it the way aboriginals look at it...

I bet you havent either...I took the word young to kind of mean... well I dont know what really I have never thought about it...

commonsense tells me  this upsets people    lets fix it..

they are not insulting you or I hammer...for goodness sakes  stop the old them v us carry on...

you can still sing your own words.. should you sing it at all... Grin Grin...

There's a bigger issue behind  all of this Cods. It's about racial division in this country. And I'm doing my best to antagonise to get the truth out. Little Cody doesn't like white Australia. Loads of people don't like it including the Pecca's of this world.

hammer   you are playing the same game.. in that case....

I am not sure how you come to that conclusion....yes sometimes I think they are digging deep to find something to whinge about... but if we fix it pronto.. it gives them one less cause to whinge doesnt it?..

when you play up you take the heat right off the stirrers....and you make us whites look mean and nasty..   seriously!!

like I have said if I had my way the whole thing would be thrown out......but it isnt up to me...so I have no choice but to suck it up....so lets change a word and get on with tomorrows problems..

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #278 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 4:37pm

From the dictionary:

Fair adjective:

Meaning

1/. Free from favouritism or self-interest or bias or deception; conforming with established standards or rules

2/.Not excessive or extreme

3/. Very pleasing to the eye.

So Advance Australia Fair has nothing to do with race as this hypocrite is arguing.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #279 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 6:25pm

He should go walkabout.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Robot

Conspirator

Engadine Maccas
Reply #280 - Jun 7th, 2019 at 9:17pm

I'm sure that Cody Walker will feel nothing but regret for his actions when he discovers that some racist dickheads are losing their minds over his non-violent protest.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #281 - Jun 7th, 2019 at 9:24pm

moses wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 4:03pm:

Singing the national anthem is a traditional integration of the opening ceremony and the rest of the game.

rubbish. He gets paid to play footy, not sing.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #282 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 1:16pm

Which includes taking part in the opening ceremony.

He's merely a hypocrite who is playing the whitemans' game of football.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #283 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 1:21pm

Robot wrote on Jun 7th, 2019 at 9:17pm:
I'm sure that Cody Walker will feel nothing but regret for his actions when he discovers that some racist dickheads are losing their minds over his non-violent protest.

Respect is a two way street my friend. I'll just continue having a s hit and making coffees during their smoking ceremonies. Fairs fair. This stuff is sending Australia back , not moving it forward.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #284 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 1:21pm

Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 
Send Topic Print