Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The term ‘climate denier” is disgusting (Read 3619 times)
Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The term ‘climate denier” is disgusting
Reply #30 - May 29th, 2019 at 12:24am

matty wrote on May 28th, 2019 at 3:24pm:
I am disgusted by the far-left using the term “climate denier”.

Please show some links where this exact term has been used.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #31 - May 29th, 2019 at 1:07am

Those chicken littles out there that want to make the claim that the world is boiling because they have experienced a hot day, they just cannot be bothered with consistency. I got into an argument with about 2 or 3 of them over a facebook news post on the topic. The heatwave of last year was enough evidence for them to say that this is clear evidence of global warming. I told them that it was not all that hot in my region. And then I told them that the record hottest day, set in 1990, has not been given much of a nudge in the last 28 years (at that time). These southerners then decided to come back at me saying that "local weather is not an indication of a global phenomenon". I told them that they were, in fact, proving my argument. Especially given the fact that they were speaking during a time when THEY were in a position of locally hot weather.

We are currently in a situation where we have a solar minimum. Average temperatures would have plateaued for a few years. And with 5 billion more people on the planet (minimum) than there were in the 1870s, it should be no surprise that average global temperatures have risen. Of course, with Beijing showing off their CFC output that had been eradicated elsewhere in the world, they are probably singing some song and dance about how I was wrong.
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2019 at 1:13am by UnSubRocky »  

IP Logged

Bobby.

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #32 - May 29th, 2019 at 6:34am

The grand solar minimum is hitting us early as predicted.

https://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/southern-ocean-chill-heading-for-southeaster...

Southern Ocean chill heading for southeastern Australia

Ben Domensino, Tuesday May 28, 2019 - 09:35 EST

A strong cold front will bring rain, hail, thunderstorms, damaging winds and low-level snow to Australia's southeastern states during the next two days.

A large mass of cold air surging out of the Southern Ocean will move over Tasmania on Tuesday and spread across Australia's southeast mainland during Tuesday night and Wednesday.

This burst of cold air will be accompanied by blustery winds, with severe weather warnings for damaging gusts in place for parts of Victoria and NSW as of 9am on Tuesday.

While damaging winds are likely to develop in some low-lying populated areas, the strongest gusts will occur on the peaks of the mainland alps. Areas above 1,900 metres are likely to experience blizzards with gusts in excess of 125km/h. The NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service advises against travelling in the alpine back country until these winds ease from Wednesday.

Showers and thunderstorms will affect parts of Tasmania, Victoria, SA, NSW and the ACT on Tuesday and Wednesday ahead of, with, and behind this strong frontal system.

This rain will be falling as snow on the higher parts of the alps during Tuesday, before reaching lower levels in multiple states on Wednesday as the Antarctic-borne air moves in.

Snow is forecast to reach down to an elevation of 500 metres in Tasmania from Tuesday night into Wednesday. On the mainland, snow could reach 600 metres in Victoria and 700 metres in southern NSW and the ACT on Wednesday. Further north, the NSW Central Tablelands will see their second round of snow in three days on Wednesday, with flakes possible in the Blue Mountains near Sydney.

The mix of cold and windy weather has also prompted sheep graziers warnings, road weather alerts and bush walker's alerts in parts of NSW, Victoria, SA and Tasmania.

Wind and showers will taper off from Thursday as the front moves out into the Tasman Sea.

This latest round of wintry weather is the last in a procession of cold fronts that have crossed southeastern Australia since Friday.

Some ski resorts have already seen 20-40cm of snow during the last three days, with more on the way during the next 72 hours.

Monday was Canberra's coldest May day in 19 years, with the city only reaching a top of nine degrees. The mercury will struggle to reach 10 degrees in the nation's capital on Tuesday and Wednesday as well.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #33 - May 29th, 2019 at 7:16am

I am disgusted by the far-left using the term “climate denier”. Whether or not you believe in climate change is besides the point here, this is a clear reference to the term “holocaust denier”, to those idiots on the far-right who deny that the Holocaust ever happened, despite the clear verified documentation and evidence that it did.

To make matters even worse, the same people who use this term were also some of the ones who condemned Fraser Anning for using the term “final solution” in his speech about Muslims. What Anning said was indeed appalling and too should have been condemned, but the hypocrisy is staggering.

To be honest I've never heard the term Holocaust Denier....
(and it's a very small part of the population)

SO the far left are bad for believing that man is poisoning the world and what we are doing is wrong , people that don't believe this are Climate deniers...….
then you use those that deny the holocaust and those that hint at removing Muslims for good solution as a comparison to their extremism.....

so those that want to make our land and our people healthier are just the opposite than murderous people that want genocide.... I guess that a good comparison.... Wink
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2019 at 7:24am by DonDeeHippy »  

I am me

IP Logged

Tap

Australian Politics

The term ‘climate change” is disgusting
Reply #34 - May 29th, 2019 at 10:40am

Here are the Australian Climate Change Faithful.

When told that if they want to reduce their Carbon Footprint, and pay their fair share of Carbon Tax, all they have to do is follow the High Priest and Priestess of Climate Change, they will lead them to their Carbon Free Salvation and the Planet will show them it's gratitude in a new Carbon Free World!

Cheesy

IP Logged

The Reboot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

None of your damn business
Reply #35 - May 29th, 2019 at 11:11am

I think we need to bring back gladiators. Too many people getting offended over petty words..

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #36 - May 29th, 2019 at 11:40pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 29th, 2019 at 7:16am:
I am disgusted by the far-left using the term “climate denier”. Whether or not you believe in climate change is besides the point here, this is a clear reference to the term “holocaust denier”, to those idiots on the far-right who deny that the Holocaust ever happened, despite the clear verified documentation and evidence that it did.

To make matters even worse, the same people who use this term were also some of the ones who condemned Fraser Anning for using the term “final solution” in his speech about Muslims. What Anning said was indeed appalling and too should have been condemned, but the hypocrisy is staggering.

"Holocaust denier" seems to include people who say that 6 million Jewish people dying in concentration camps is an exaggeration.

I say that the amount of increase in global temperature is largely in relation to the natural warming of the globe that has happened since the last ice age ended. I can accept that some warming has occurred as a result of human influence. But, 95% of global warming would be due to a natural cycle out of the ice age.

We should be dedicating our resources to protecting bee populations in Australia from the dangers of the varroa mite that has been decimating bee populations in about 50% of the world. So far, with the exception of a scare in Port Melbourne, we have been lucky to be free of that mite. But, we have to be prepared for the possibility our biosecurity gets breached.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #37 - May 30th, 2019 at 6:14am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 29th, 2019 at 11:40pm:

"Holocaust denier" seems to include people who say that 6 million Jewish people dying in concentration camps is an exaggeration.

I say that the amount of increase in global temperature is largely in relation to the natural warming of the globe that has happened since the last ice age ended. I can accept that some warming has occurred as a result of human influence. But, 95% of global warming would be due to a natural cycle out of the ice age.

We should be dedicating our resources to protecting bee populations in Australia from the dangers of the varroa mite that has been decimating bee populations in about 50% of the world. So far, with the exception of a scare in Port Melbourne, we have been lucky to be free of that mite. But, we have to be prepared for the possibility our biosecurity gets breached.

How very "far Left" of you worrying about the world ,is the UN in your name mean United Nations.... Cheesy

I am me

IP Logged

Bobby.

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #38 - May 30th, 2019 at 6:29am

https://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/melbournes-cold-may-day/529757

Melbourne's cold May day

Ben Domensino, Wednesday May 29, 2019 - 16:23 EST

Melbourne endured its coldest May day in 19 years on Wednesday.

The temperature at Melbourne's Olympic Park weather station had only reached a top of 10.6 degrees by 4pm on Wednesday.

If this maximum temperature isn't exceeded by 9am on Thursday, this will have been the city's coldest May day since 2000.

The mid-week chill is being caused by a large pool of cold air from the Southern Ocean passing across Victoria. In addition to this wintry air mass, cloud and showers also limited warming in Melbourne on Wednesday.

The air was even cold enough for snow to fall in Ballarat on Wednesday afternoon.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #39 - May 31st, 2019 at 4:14pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 30th, 2019 at 6:14am:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 29th, 2019 at 11:40pm:

How very "far Left" of you worrying about the world ,is the UN in your name mean United Nations.... Cheesy

"Un" as in "unknown". But, I think you already knew that. And I think I am more constructive with dealing with environmental issues than environmentalists have been. They can forget about marching about the streets causing traffic congestion. And they can start by figuring out what needs to be conserved and recycled in our region.

IP Logged

Bobby.

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #40 - May 31st, 2019 at 7:23pm

More cold records broken:

https://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/frosty-start-in-southern-queensland/529768

Frosty start in southern Queensland

Ben Domensino, Friday May 31, 2019 - 16:23 EST

Parts of Queensland registered their lowest May temperature in more than 40 years on the final morning of autumn.
Cool air lingering behind a cold front combined with clear skies and light wind on Thursday night, allowing the mercury to plummet.
Stanthorpe's low of -6.1 degrees on Friday morning was their lowest May temperature in records dating back to 1967.
Oakey dropped to -4.4 degrees early on Friday, making it their coldest May morning in records going back to 1973.
According to the Bureau of Meteorology, Queensland's lowest May temperature on record was -6.8 degrees, which occurred at Stanthorpe in 2006.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #41 - May 31st, 2019 at 7:27pm

Quote:
The term ‘climate denier” is disgusting

But accurate.

And there is no connection to anything but climate except in your mind it would appear.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - May 31st, 2019 at 7:49pm

Dnarever wrote on May 31st, 2019 at 7:27pm:
Quote:

But accurate.

So who exactly has denied climate? Or even that climate changes? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #43 - May 31st, 2019 at 7:53pm

lee wrote on May 31st, 2019 at 7:49pm:
Dnarever wrote on May 31st, 2019 at 7:27pm:
Quote:

But accurate.

So who exactly has denied climate? Or even that climate changes? Roll Eyes

Want to know who the pedant is ? I have an answer for that one.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - May 31st, 2019 at 9:11pm

Dnarever wrote on May 31st, 2019 at 7:53pm:
Want to know who the pedant is ? I have an answer for that one.

So it is NOT accurate. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print