Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
If that proposition by Plato is correct..... (Read 4479 times)
PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: If that proposition by Plato is correct.....
Reply #30 - Jun 3rd, 2019 at 11:23pm

Quote:
The men bartered their women to brutal sealers for dogs and food; in one case such a woman voluntarily went back to the sealers rather than face further tribal violence

Quote:
Also in the 1830s ex-convict Lingard wrote: “I scarcely ever saw a married woman, but she had got six or seven cuts in her head, given by her husband with a tomahawk, several inches in length and very deep.”[24] Explorer Edward John Eyre, who was very sympathetic towards Aborigines, nevertheless recorded:
“Women are often sadly ill-treated by their husbands and friends…they are frequently beaten about the head , with waddies, in the most dreadful manner, or speared in the limbs for the most trivial offences…
“Few women will be found, upon examination, to be free from frightful scars upon the head, or the marks of spear wounds about the body. I have seen a young woman, who, from the number of these marks, appeared to have been almost riddled with spear wounds."

Quote:
TRIBAL warfare and paybacks were endemic. In "Journey to Horseshoe Bend",   anthropologist T.G.H. Strehlow described a black-on-black massacre in 1875 in the Finke River area of Central Australia, triggered by a perceived sacrilege:
"The warriors turned their murderous attention to the women and older children and either clubbed or speared them to death. Finally, according to the grim custom of warriors and avengers they broke the limbs of the infants, leaving them to die ‘natural deaths’. The final number of the dead could well have reached the high figure of 80 to 100 men, women and children."[26]

Quote:
Revenge killings by the victims’ clan involved more than 60 people, with the two exchanges accounting for about 20% of members of the two clans. (When Pauline Hanson, then member for Oxley, quoted this account in 1996, an Aboriginal woman elder replied, "Mrs Hanson should receive a traditional Urgarapul punishment: having her hands and feet crippled.")[27]

Escaped convict William Buckley, who lived for three decades with tribes around Port Phillip, recounted constant raids, ambushes, and small battles, typically involving one to three fatalities. He noted the Watouronga of Geelong in night raids ‘destroyed without mercy men, women and children.’[28]

Quote:
Historian Geoff Blainey concluded that annual death rates from North-East Arnhem Land and Port Philip, were comparable with countries involved in the two world wars, although Blainey’s estimate could be somewhat on the high side.[29]
Other black-on-black massacres include accounts from anthropologist Bill Stanner of an entire camp massacre, an Aurukun massacre in the early 20th century, Strehlow’s account of the wiping out of the Plenty River local group of Udebatara in Central Australia, and the killing of a large group of men, women and children near Mt Eba, also in Central Australia.[30]

Quote:
Strehlow’s wife Kathleen Strehlow wrote:
“It would be no exaggeration to say that the system worked as one of sheer terror in the days before the white man came. This terror was instilled from earliest childhood and continued unabated through life until the extremity of old age seemed to guarantee some immunity from the attentions of blood avenger or sorcerer alike for wrongs real or imaginary…children were not exempted from capital punishment for persistent offences against the old tribal code.”[31]

Quote:
The Murngin (now Yolngu) in NE Arnhem Land during 1920s practiced a deadly warfare that placed it among the world’s most lethal societies. The then-rate for homicides of 330 per 100,000 (which Jarrett suggests could be grossly under-estimated) was 15 times the 2006-07 "very remote national Indigenous rate" of 22, and 300 times the 2006-7 national non-Indigenous rate. That Murngin rate was worse than in Mexico’s present Ciudad Juarez drug capital (300 homicides per 100,000), and more than three times worse than the worst national current rate (Honduras).

Quote:
Jarrett says that surely no aspect of Murngin culture, such as polygamy, was worth the lives of the many young men sacrificed in war to maintain it. [32]
Yolngu punishments are deemed valid for wives if they leave scars but do not kill. In one 2008 case, a husband stabbed his wife multiple times with a steak knife, which was within traditional bounds. The husband got a short sentence and this minor punishment was quashed by Southwood J.

Quote:
UBLISHERS in the 1980s and 1990s sanitised Aboriginal history by censoring accounts of violence, including sexual abuse and infanticide.

The memoirs of the first Aboriginal justice of the peace, Ella Simon, were similarly sanitised by Sydney publishers Millennium Books in the late 1990s so that a baby "stuffed head-first down a rabbit hole and left to die after it fell ill on walkabout" was allegedly edited to read "left under a tree to die".

"Anything to do with the abuse of Aboriginal women and children by their fellow Aborigines has been censored out by editors keen not to offend and raise ghosts of the stolen children stories. Ignoring the other stories of the rape of Aboriginal girls by Aboriginal men; the killing of Aboriginal babies often by leaving them to die in the bush; and the neglect and abuse of Aboriginal and part-Aboriginal children have all been part of a taboo which is based on guilt."

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #31 - Jun 3rd, 2019 at 11:25pm

Yes. I've read all that stuff long ago. It's all part of the propaganda to down-grade the Aboriginal culture as 'savages'.
I prefer the new truth that is emerging.
Remember, Aboriginals hardly had weapons other than for minimal reasons beyond just taking down Roos, etc.
It was in the best interests of Christianised Colonisation to down-grade any and every other 'non-christian' existence as 'savage' and the Aboriginals definitely didn't burn their women at the stake for being 'witches' either.

Ask yourself the 'why' would the women be 'clubbed' over the head beyond 'rape'? If it was such a 'cultural occurrence' all over the continent - then I'm sure the population would crash from lack of healthy and able females able to reproduce due to head trauma.
I really don't think a peoples that were quite sustainable in their need for food and water, were so desperate in their actions to breed.

If the Aboriginals 'failed' here, it wasn't due to their Farming techniques, that's for sure. But hey, white farmers are so crap - more and more 'black' Indians are buying up what the Whitey can't cope with: Farms.

I notice there is a surge towards Holistic Farming (from Zimbabwe) and other 'alternative' (Black) Farming styles because they are succeeding, where Western styles are failing.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jun 4th, 2019 at 12:09am

A first-hand, eye witness account of an Aboriginal tribal battle written in 1927LINK

Quote:
Solicitor/historian Joan Kimm wrote: “The sexual use of young girls by older men, indeed often much older men, was an intrinsic part of Aboriginal culture, a heritage that cannot easily be denied.”

Quote:
Playwright and author Louis Nowra concurs: “Despite local variations, there is a consistent pattern of Aboriginal men’s treatment of women that was harsh, sexually aggressive (gang-rape for instance) and , in our term, misogynist. Given its pervasive nature across the whole of Australia, we can say that it was ancient and long-lasting.”

Quote:
Nowra quotes Walter Roth (1861-1933) a doctor, anthropologist and Chief Protector of Aborigines in Queensland. Roth described at the turn of the previous century how, when a Pitta-Pitta girl first showed signs of puberty, "several men would drag her into the bush and forcibly enlarge the vaginal orifice by tearing it downwards with the first three fingers wound round and round with opossum string. Other men come forward from all directions, and the struggling victim has to submit in rotation to promiscuous coition with all the ‘bucks’ present.”

(substitute a male for the female victim here, then imagine the inflicted pain)

Quote:
"
A group of men, with cooperation from old women, ambush a young woman, and pin her so an old man can slit up the shrieking girl’s perineum with a stone knife, followed by sweeping three fingers round the inside of the virginal orifice. “She is next compelled to undergo copulation with all the bucks present; again the same night, and a third time, on the following morning."

Quote:
In Birdsville, a hardwood stick two feet long with a crude life-sized penis carving at the top, was used to tear the hymen and posterior vaginal wall

Quote:
“In the Tully area, a very young man would give his betrothed to an old man to sleep with her and train her for him. The idea was that the elder would ‘make the little child’s genitalia develop all the more speedily’. There was no restriction on age or social status at which the bride would be delivered up. As Roth observed, ‘It is of no uncommon occurrence to see an individual carrying on his shoulder his little child-wife who is perhaps too tired to toddle any further.”

Quote:
Accounts from the missionary era are daunting.
In 1905 the local telegraph operator at Fitzroy River reported that a five-year-old half-caste girl, Polly “was out with the old woman, Mary Ann, when a bush black took her away for two nights during which time the blacks here said he made use of her. Such actions as that of Polly and the men are very common among the natives.” [7]
Anglican lay missionary Mary Bennett in 1934 testified, “The practice to which I refer is that of intercision of the girls at the age of puberty. The vagina is cut with glass by the old men, and that involves a great deal of suffering…I remember my old Aboriginal nurse speak with horror of the suffering which she had been made to undergo.”[8]
A practice as bad as female genital mutilation is still inflicted on hundreds of boys annually – involuntary sub-incision, the slitting open of the male urethra

Quote:
The controversy continues into the current period.
In the 1970s John Coldrey, later a judge of the Victorian Supreme Court, appeared for a Central Australian Aboriginal Legal Aid Service client in Alice Springs. The traditional man, drunk, had inflicted 201 separate injuries on his wife who then bled to death. She had been passively crouching, and there were no defensive wounds.The man was punishing her for having been with other men that day. He had not wanted to kill or seriously injure her, he said. J. Coldrey belatedly discovered that the wounds were on traditional punishment areas of the body, and the conviction was then of manslaughter, not murder

Quote:
in north and central Australia, relatives of small children “cruel” them by inflicting pain to make the child angry and violent, even from six months old. He believes this is a tradition dating from earliest times when aggression needed to be instilled in children/quote].

[quote]in Alice Springs hospital in 2005 ---numerous Aboriginal women and young girls with severe injuries from domestic violence. He visited outback communities and found them astonishingly brutal:
“Some of the women’s faces ended up looking as though an incompetent butcher had conducted plastic surgery with a hammer and saw. The fear in the women’s eyes reminded me of dogs whipped into cringing submission.”

Quote:
In contemporary Australia, polygamy & traditions of promised-brides continue in Arnhem Land and other remote areas. Until recently, the judiciary was lenient in such cases involving forced under-age sex. Jarrett writes,
“Aboriginal men still claim these modern young girls as their promised possession - have cars, guns, outstations and kin to help them secure and punish these resistant girls, well away from public purview

Quote:
In 2004 a 55-year-old married man physically and sexually assaulted his 14-year-old promised bride for 2 days while she pleaded she was too young for sex. One month suspended sentence

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jun 4th, 2019 at 12:16am

Jasin wrote on Jun 3rd, 2019 at 11:25pm:
Yes. I've read all that stuff long ago. It's all part of the propaganda to down-grade the Aboriginal culture as 'savages'.
I prefer the new truth that is emerging.
Remember, Aboriginals hardly had weapons other than for minimal reasons beyond just taking down Roos, etc.
It was in the best interests of Christianised Colonisation to down-grade any and every other 'non-christian' existence as 'savage' and the Aboriginals definitely didn't burn their women at the stake for being 'witches' either.

Ask yourself the 'why' would the women be 'clubbed' over the head beyond 'rape'? If it was such a 'cultural occurrence' all over the continent - then I'm sure the population would crash from lack of healthy and able females able to reproduce due to head trauma.
I really don't think a peoples that were quite sustainable in their need for food and water, were so desperate in their actions to breed.

If the Aboriginals 'failed' here, it wasn't due to their Farming techniques, that's for sure. But hey, white farmers are so crap - more and more 'black' Indians are buying up what the Whitey can't cope with: Farms.

I notice there is a surge towards Holistic Farming (from Zimbabwe) and other 'alternative' (Black) Farming styles because they are succeeding, where Western styles are failing.

Some attractive online sites advertising Aboriginal weapons of war

and the stats past and current of Aboriginal women beaten like dogs have been provided

it's actually worse where Aborigines 'live the traditional lifestyle' -- because they do just that, 'cruelling' their kids to make them aggressive and beating and killing the women and girls ... and each other, not to mention the gang attacks on anyone stupid enough to give more than one of them a lift

but --- be nice if your dream-version becomes reality

Oh, yeah --- Zimbabwe's been such a success story since the white farmers were murdered and their farms stolen.  Such a success that they've been begging white farmers to return,  now the blacks have turned the place into a sheet hole

I don't know what you're smoking Jasin,  but anyway ...

IP Logged

The Reboot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

None of your damn business
Reply #34 - Jun 4th, 2019 at 11:25am

A lot of ancient tribes worldwide used to participate in acts that us, as a "civilized" society would consider barbaric and disgusting.

Hell, in some places i.e New Guinea some tribes still practice cannibalism.

They did not possess the knowledge of "morality" and were as such acting in their natural environment.

They were "born free of sin" having no authoritative text telling them otherwise.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #35 - Jun 4th, 2019 at 12:36pm

Yes well, they don't make movies like Blue Lagoon anymore.
*sigh
Sad

I guess in the middle-east they needed a concept of 'authority' over them in how to morally behave, because it was also the most war ravaged part of the World.

And no, it was originally the 'Whites' who killed Ndebele & Shona and stole their lands via Rhodes. You reap what you sow. And also, although Mugabe provided for only those who were on his side, the British supporters starved 'unsupported' by Britain who seiged the nation with sanctions.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

The Reboot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

None of your damn business
Reply #36 - Jun 4th, 2019 at 4:39pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 4th, 2019 at 12:36pm:
*sigh
Sad

I guess in the middle-east they needed a concept of 'authority' over them in how to morally behave, because it was also the most war ravaged part of the World.

And no, it was originally the 'Whites' who killed Ndebele & Shona and stole their lands via Rhodes. You reap what you sow. And also, although Mugabe provided for only those who were on his side, the British supporters starved 'unsupported' by Britain who seiged the nation with sanctions.

Yeah, it's really made a difference  Cheesy

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #37 - Jun 5th, 2019 at 2:32am

The Reboot wrote on Jun 4th, 2019 at 4:39pm:
Jasin wrote on Jun 4th, 2019 at 12:36pm:
*sigh
Sad

Yeah, it's really made a difference  Cheesy

I like that 'star-trekkin' song: "We come in Peace (Religion) / Shoot to kill (Military)"

...in South America, its the reverse.  Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print