Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Crocs are crappy, expensive, bad for your health (Read 1653 times)
Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Crocs are crappy, expensive, bad for your health
May 25th, 2019 at 3:15pm

The most crappy footwear I have ever seen is crocs and I can't believe people are prepared to pay the high price for this crappy footwear and even wear crappy cheap-looking rubber footwear.

https://nypost.com/2016/06/03/crocs-are-bad-for-your-health/

Quote:
Crocs are bad for your health
By Timothy Mitchell June 3, 2016 | 3:01pm

The unsightly feet of chef Mario Batali, who loves his unhealthy Crocs. AP
All arguments over Crocs — the rubber clogs that, since 2002, have somehow been sold more than 300 million times — inevitably end with “I don’t care, they’re comfortable.” Such defenders relish the tacit assumption that shoes that pamper your feet must also be good for them.

Well, sorry, moms of toddlers, hospital staff and those who have given up on life — science is now on the side of Team Style.

“Unfortunately, Crocs are not suitable for all-day use,” Dr. Megan Leahy, a Chicago-based podiatrist with the Illinois Bone and Joint Institute, told the Huffington Post. “These shoes do not adequately secure the heel. When the heel is unstable, toes tend to grip which can lead to tendinitis, worsening of toe deformities, nail problems, corns and calluses. The same thing can happen with flip-flops or any backless shoes as the heel is not secured.”

And even if the back straps on classic Crocs sufficiently protect the heel, bigger problems remain.

According to Dr. Alex Kor, president of the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine, the most important part of any shoe is the shank — a supportive structure that rests between the heel and toe, and runs under the arch of the foot.

“Patients are more likely to have foot pain if their shoes bend in the shank,” Kor told HuffPo, calling Crocs the “poster child” for this type of footwear. “I see patients who come into my office complaining of arch or heel pain and they are wearing Crocs.”

So Crocs are not only clunky and polarizing, but also potentially dangerous.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Re: Crocs are crappy, expensive, bad for your health
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2019 at 3:28pm

Mmmm

Funny I imagined you would be the type that wore them!

Wink

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - May 25th, 2019 at 3:29pm

You're just jealous of people who own shoes, ya dirty curry.

IBI

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #3 - May 25th, 2019 at 3:32pm

Gordon wrote on May 25th, 2019 at 3:29pm:
You're just jealous of people who own shoes, ya dirty curry.

Yuk!

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - May 25th, 2019 at 3:34pm

Fair enough, I can see how Crocs would interfere with Laugh while he's working.

IBI

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #5 - May 25th, 2019 at 3:57pm

Redmond Neck wrote on May 25th, 2019 at 3:28pm:
Mmmm

Funny I imagined you would be the type that wore them!

Wink

Please stop fantasizing about me. Gordon is very jealous of fantasizers who mindnap his fantasies.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #6 - May 25th, 2019 at 4:17pm

They wouldnt be much good when you had to have a crap on the footpath as Indian cabbies have to do regularly,

one could easily piss in your croc so to speak!

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #7 - May 25th, 2019 at 5:46pm

Redmond Neck wrote on May 25th, 2019 at 4:17pm:
They wouldnt be much good when you had to have a crap on the footpath as Indian cabbies have to do regularly,

one could easily piss in your croc so to speak!

Redneck evidently is a subscriber to Gordon's favorite defecation and watersports web sites for gay, decrepit, senile, trouserless old geriatric tossers who don't have a bucket list because they can't afford a bucket or trousers.

Enjoy.

« Last Edit: May 25th, 2019 at 9:30pm by Laugh till you cry »  

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #8 - May 25th, 2019 at 8:44pm

I can tell you from personal experience that they are a right bastard to step on/into when you're lugging a huge TV set through a narrow door and someone has just shed them in your path...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - May 26th, 2019 at 7:28am

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 25th, 2019 at 3:15pm:
The most crappy footwear I have ever seen is crocs and I can't believe people are prepared to pay the high price for this crappy footwear and even wear crappy cheap-looking rubber footwear.

https://nypost.com/2016/06/03/crocs-are-bad-for-your-health/

Quote:
Crocs are bad for your health
By Timothy Mitchell June 3, 2016 | 3:01pm

The unsightly feet of chef Mario Batali, who loves his unhealthy Crocs. AP
All arguments over Crocs — the rubber clogs that, since 2002, have somehow been sold more than 300 million times — inevitably end with “I don’t care, they’re comfortable.” Such defenders relish the tacit assumption that shoes that pamper your feet must also be good for them.

Well, sorry, moms of toddlers, hospital staff and those who have given up on life — science is now on the side of Team Style.

“Unfortunately, Crocs are not suitable for all-day use,” Dr. Megan Leahy, a Chicago-based podiatrist with the Illinois Bone and Joint Institute, told the Huffington Post. “These shoes do not adequately secure the heel. When the heel is unstable, toes tend to grip which can lead to tendinitis, worsening of toe deformities, nail problems, corns and calluses. The same thing can happen with flip-flops or any backless shoes as the heel is not secured.”

And even if the back straps on classic Crocs sufficiently protect the heel, bigger problems remain.

According to Dr. Alex Kor, president of the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine, the most important part of any shoe is the shank — a supportive structure that rests between the heel and toe, and runs under the arch of the foot.

“Patients are more likely to have foot pain if their shoes bend in the shank,” Kor told HuffPo, calling Crocs the “poster child” for this type of footwear. “I see patients who come into my office complaining of arch or heel pain and they are wearing Crocs.”

So Crocs are not only clunky and polarizing, but also potentially dangerous.

The old double pluggers aren't that good for your feet and posture either .... but I wear them.

Around boats, the beach and yard Crocs serve a purpose.

I wear the cheap Rivers version because the brand name are definitely too expensive for what they are .... made from.

The one pair of Crocs I had went hard quicker than the cheapies.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 26th, 2019 at 8:20am

Does the 'foot bend in the shank' and have 'unsecured heels' and do 'toes tend to grip' in those who go barefooted as do children, people walking on the beach, etc.?

Were we born with shoes attached to our feet?

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - May 26th, 2019 at 9:26am

When you wear thongs, you have to grip them a bit with your toes. It's a slightly different action to barefoot.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #12 - May 26th, 2019 at 12:09pm

Gnads wrote on May 26th, 2019 at 7:28am:
The one pair of Crocs I had went hard quicker than the cheapies.

Embedded in your anus?

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #13 - May 26th, 2019 at 12:26pm

A man who goes out in public wearing Crocs has lost his last bit of self-respect.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #14 - May 26th, 2019 at 1:30pm

AiA wrote on May 26th, 2019 at 12:26pm:
A man who goes out in public wearing Crocs has lost his last bit of self-respect.

Gordon? Gordon had discarded his self-respect long ago. It was clashing with Gordon's bigotry and Islamophobia, not to mention Gordon's professed hate of Mexicans and Indians.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print