Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
repairs to solar hot water (Read 779 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

repairs to solar hot water
May 25th, 2019 at 9:56am

Just trying to find info on repairs to leaking pipe in solar panels but all the online help sites just want to send out plumbers. I'm not ready for that yet

Does anyone know if a leaking pipe within the solar panel can be repaired or is it time for a new one?

I only moved in here last year so don't know the age of the system. The writing on the id plate is worn out and illegible. I would guess that it's at least 10 years old. Possibly more.

Much appreciated.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Re: repairs to solar hot water
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2019 at 11:47am

John Smith wrote on May 25th, 2019 at 9:56am:
Just trying to find info on repairs to leaking pipe in solar panels but all the online help sites just want to send out plumbers. I'm not ready for that yet

Does anyone know if a leaking pipe within the solar panel can be repaired or is it time for a new one?

I only moved in here last year so don't know the age of the system. The writing on the id plate is worn out and illegible. I would guess that it's at least 10 years old. Possibly more.

Much appreciated.

Its probably unlikely without complete removal and disassembly which will likely be expensive and possibly more expensive than a new solar panel.

There is also the problem with old equipment that you fix one defect and next week another one develops ad infinitum.

Bite the bullet.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #2 - May 25th, 2019 at 11:52am

Smiffy is a property magnate he can afford it!

Write it off your next tax return Smiffy!

Wink

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 25th, 2019 at 12:23pm

If I have to replace it, i'll most likely go an instant water heater instead of solar water heater, but also install a complete solar electric system for the house. That way it's still solar heating the water, but I won't have a 300ltr tank on the roof.

I'm not quite ready to go this path yet though, so if there is any way I can repair it to get another 6 or 12 months out of the current system I'd rather do that. Any plumbers post here?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print