Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
London is cleaning up its dirty air and we are.... (Read 2937 times)
DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Re: London is cleaning up its dirty air and we are....
Reply #30 - May 29th, 2019 at 7:39am

lee wrote on May 28th, 2019 at 5:31pm:
Batteries tend not to "break down"; they fail. And that failure is a certainty. The timing is not.

Internal combustion motor's tend  to "break down" and then they fail. And that failure is a certainty. The timing is not Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - May 29th, 2019 at 10:22am

Batteries tend not to "break down"; they fail. And that failure is a certainty. The timing is not.

And if you don't spend a singles cent on a clunker which one is guaranteed to fail first ?

And according to this they will most likely outlast any clunker even after spending a packet on servicing a clunker.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - May 29th, 2019 at 10:23am

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 29th, 2019 at 7:39am:

Internal combustion motor's tend  to "break down" and then they fail. And that failure is a certainty. The timing is not Wink

Especially if you don't spend a cent on them then they are guaranteed to fail without question Wink
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2019 at 10:40am by Sir lastnail »  

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - May 29th, 2019 at 12:27pm

Sir lastnail wrote on May 29th, 2019 at 10:23am:
Especially if you don't spend a cent on them then they are guaranteed to fail without question

And how many cents are spent on batteries on EV's? Wink

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - May 29th, 2019 at 3:01pm

lee wrote on May 29th, 2019 at 12:27pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on May 29th, 2019 at 10:23am:
Especially if you don't spend a cent on them then they are guaranteed to fail without question

And how many cents are spent on batteries on EV's? Wink

You tell us then and then compare with how much is spent on clunkers each year to stop them from failing ?

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - May 29th, 2019 at 3:46pm

Sir lastnail wrote on May 29th, 2019 at 3:01pm:
You tell us then and then compare with how much is spent on clunkers each year to stop them from failing ?

Nothing is spent on the batteries. They are a sealed unit.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #36 - May 30th, 2019 at 7:36am

https://insideevs.com/news/351816/used-ev-prices-rise-as-demand-outstrips-supply...

Prices of second-hand electric and hybrid vehicles are soaring as demand outstrips supply, according to one of the country’s largest used-car marketplaces.

Auto Trader says electric vehicles - also known as EVs - are rocketing in value, with prices growing 11 percent. In contrast, the average price growth rate for all vehicles has slowed to 1.5 percent - the lowest rate for almost two years.

Well second hand car buyers in England are not to worried about the batteries, or these car's wouldn't be in demand and so expensive . Good News for new EV buyers as it looks like the trade in value will be good for them. Wink

I am me

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - May 30th, 2019 at 1:02pm

From the link -

"The industry average for all used cars is 42.2 days.
iSeeCars - Tesla Model S is the Fastest-Selling Used Car in Its Class
Rank      Model                         Avg Days On Market      Avg Price
1      Tesla Model S                 35.5                             $68,159
2      Audi A7                                 39.7                             $47,710
3      Audi A8                                 39.8                             $52,687
4      Mercedes-Benz S-Class         41.6                             $89,434
5      BMW 6 Series                         48.5                             $57,797
6      BMW 7 Series                         48.7                             $66,696
7      Jaguar XJ                         49.8                             $52,644
8      Genesis G90                         56.7                             $56,591
9      Porsche Panamera            60.1                             $88,876
10      Maserati Quattroporte         69.8                             $79,620
Overall Average                         46.9                             $72,030"

https://insideevs.com/news/346424/model-s-quickest-selling-used-luxury-car/

Yep really affordable EV's. Wink

So 5-10 are moving slower than average.

Amazing how they use average prices.

You can get a Renault for about £7,000 but the average price is £21,560. Which means, seeing as the average drops by two thirds from a Tesla, that there are far cheaper EV's on the market, yet they didn't include them.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #38 - May 30th, 2019 at 2:08pm

lee wrote on May 30th, 2019 at 1:02pm:
From the link -

"The industry average for all used cars is 42.2 days.
iSeeCars - Tesla Model S is the Fastest-Selling Used Car in Its Class
Rank      Model                         Avg Days On Market      Avg Price
1      Tesla Model S                 35.5                             $68,159
2      Audi A7                                 39.7                             $47,710
3      Audi A8                                 39.8                             $52,687
4      Mercedes-Benz S-Class         41.6                             $89,434
5      BMW 6 Series                         48.5                             $57,797
6      BMW 7 Series                         48.7                             $66,696
7      Jaguar XJ                         49.8                             $52,644
8      Genesis G90                         56.7                             $56,591
9      Porsche Panamera            60.1                             $88,876
10      Maserati Quattroporte         69.8                             $79,620
Overall Average                         46.9                             $72,030"

https://insideevs.com/news/346424/model-s-quickest-selling-used-luxury-car/

Yep really affordable EV's. Wink

So 5-10 are moving slower than average.

Amazing how they use average prices.

You can get a Renault for about £7,000 but the average price is £21,560. Which means, seeing as the average drops by two thirds from a Tesla, that there are far cheaper EV's on the market, yet they didn't include them.

The link and Info you have put are about second hand luxury vehicle's in the USA....
You do realize that the Tesla is the only EV in that list you posted don't you  Cheesy

What is all the stuff your writing about Renaults and prices in pounds . You cant even buy a Renault EV in USA...Smiley
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2019 at 2:14pm by DonDeeHippy »  

I am me

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - May 30th, 2019 at 5:00pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 30th, 2019 at 2:08pm:
The link and Info you have put are about second hand luxury vehicle's in the USA....
You do realize that the Tesla is the only EV in that list you posted don't you

That is the link provided by "insideevs" in highlighted text. "Prices of second-hand electric and hybrid vehicles" Not my fault they can't lie with a straight face. Grin Grin Grin Grin

What is all the stuff your writing about Renaults and prices in pounds . You cant even buy a Renault EV in USA..

Because the main story was in pounds so I kept it at that. Wink

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #40 - May 30th, 2019 at 6:33pm

lee wrote on May 30th, 2019 at 5:00pm:
You do realize that the Tesla is the only EV in that list you posted don't you

That is the link provided by "insideevs" in highlighted text. "Prices of second-hand electric and hybrid vehicles" Not my fault they can't lie with a straight face. Grin Grin Grin Grin

What is all the stuff your writing about Renaults and prices in pounds . You cant even buy a Renault EV in USA..

Because the main story was in pounds so I kept it at that. Wink

they didn't lie at all ,the story is comparing second hand Tesla S's with other Luxury secondhand vehicle prices. It's only a link off the main story....
It's ok though anyone can make a mistake  Wink

I am me

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - May 30th, 2019 at 6:35pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 30th, 2019 at 6:33pm:
they didn't lie at all ,the story is comparing second hand Tesla S's with other Luxury vehicle prices. It's only a link off the main story....

That's right. And links generally go to somewhere that confirms what they are saying. 

Like links to a scientific paper that newspapers comment on. Wink

The link explicitly said - "second hand electric".
It's ok though anyone can make a mistake 

And they did. Wink

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #42 - May 30th, 2019 at 6:45pm

lee wrote on May 30th, 2019 at 6:35pm:
they didn't lie at all ,the story is comparing second hand Tesla S's with other Luxury vehicle prices. It's only a link off the main story....

That's right. And links generally go to somewhere that confirms what they are saying. 

Like links to a scientific paper that newspapers comment on. Wink
It's ok though anyone can make a mistake 

And they did. Wink

Prices of second-hand electric and hybrid vehicles are soaring as demand outstrips supply

so the highlight is a link to a article about Tesla S secondhand cars selling faster than other luxury cars and holding their value...…. ummm I think that comfirms that EV second hand cars have high demand...

are you saying the article has nothing to do with a Electric vehicles high demand ?

if a used luxury car goes off the lots quicker than any other luxury vehicle doesn't that indicate high demand

How else could they show the Tesla having high demand, unless they showed how fast it's competitors sold ?
Maybe you got confused because you only pasted half the sentence...Prices of second-hand electric and hybrid vehicles  Wink
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2019 at 7:31pm by DonDeeHippy »  

I am me

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - May 30th, 2019 at 7:03pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 30th, 2019 at 6:45pm:
Maybe you got confused because you only pasted half the sentence...Prices of second-hand electric and hybrid vehicles 

No petal. I pointed out their entire linked phrase. Or are you saying the others are all hybrids?Wink

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #44 - May 30th, 2019 at 7:09pm

lee wrote on May 30th, 2019 at 7:03pm:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 30th, 2019 at 6:45pm:
Maybe you got confused because you only pasted half the sentence...Prices of second-hand electric and hybrid vehicles 

No petal. I pointed out their entire linked phrase. Or are you saying the others are all hybrids?Wink

haha nice try to deflect to hybrids..... you thought all the cars on the link where electrics, so you didn't read the article at all, you just got it wrong, no biggy Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print