Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vegan Burger (Read 1808 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Vegan Burger
May 24th, 2019 at 9:48am

"Burger boss Jack Cowin has a major opportunity squarely in his sights as he works to make a Whopper with fake meat."

'Vegan arms race' puts another deal in sight for Hungry Jack's

“The challenge for the world is how do we feed 10 billion people,” Cowin says. “Having them all eating meat is a very inefficient way to do this.” The idea is to create a new food that would have a similar texture and flavour to meat but be plant-based – a highly-engineered vegan burger that could be sold through Cowin’s 440 Hungry Jack’s stores across Australia.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Vegan Burger
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2019 at 9:32pm

Why would anyone buy imitation meat, do you see meat eaters wanting rubbery tofu flavoured sausages?

Veganism is an unhealthy eating disorder nothing more than a crappy fad diet that's bad for your health.

Quote:
'My vegan diet brought on early menopause': She's a poster girl for the meat-free revolution. But in a shocking confession, cookery author and social media guru VIRPI MIKKONEN, 39, admits it ruined her health (so she's eating burgers!)

Early last year, Virpi Mikkonen was alarmed by the appearance of a rash on her face.

There were other problems: a bout of flu that was hard to shift; crumbling nails; feeling low; and, most worrying, her periods stopped. A blood test revealed her follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) levels had sky-rocketed to the level at which women hit the menopause. Virpi was 37 and having hot flushes.

‘I thought, what’s wrong with me? I am healthy, I exercise,’ Virpi says. ‘I was really scared.’

At the time, Virpi believed herself to be eating the healthiest of all diets: gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, meat-free, refined sugar-free. And what’s more, she’d built a career inspiring others to eat it, too.

As ‘Vanelja’, Virpi is an award-winning blogger and entrepreneur championing plant-based eating. She has written four cookbooks, which include vegan alternatives for ice cream, pizza and cakes, and has 164,500 followers on Instagram.

Though based in Finland, she writes her blog and best-selling books in English, and this, together with pretty photos of her recipes on Instagram, has earned her a sizeable following among British foodies. Vogue called her ‘social media gold’.

Yet the ‘clean’ vegan diet that she was promoting as a route to health was making her sick.

She admits she was ‘shocked’. But now she’s given up veganism, she feels much better.

‘I felt I had run out of fuel, totally,’ she says. ‘I was empty.’ She is now particularly fond of bone broth, a bone stock she has as a hot drink or adds to stews and soups. She’s also eating eggs, which is a major departure because she used to refer to them as ‘miscarriages of chickens’.

The effects have been dramatic. ‘It’s amazing. I feel energetic, motivated. I’m sleeping better, the hot flushes and aching in my body have stopped.’ Best of all, her periods have returned. She was so relieved she danced round her flat. ‘I thought, OK, now I am back on track.’

She’s right to be nervous. Dana Shultz, who lives in the U.S. and runs Minimalist Baker, a vegan recipe blog, was inundated with criticism when she announced she was going back to animal products after suffering digestive issues and hair loss.

Jordan Younger, aka The Blonde Vegan, received virulent attacks on social media, including death threats, after she wrote a blog post revealing an eating disorder and her decision to give up veganism.

Understandably, Virpi is keen to point out she is not the only high-profile vegan influencer to give up on a plant-based diet for health reasons. This year has seen a series of vegan vloggers confess they are now eating animal foods, including Londoner Tim Shieff, 31, a YouTuber known as the ‘vegan prince’, who revealed he’d abandoned his plant-based diet because it was making him ill.

‘I had some joint issues, chronic fatigue, and mild depression,’ he said. ‘My whole body felt like it was shutting down.’

He immediately felt better for eating meat: ‘I was so shocked . . . My depression lifted, joints feeling better, energy back in my body.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7072647/VIRPI-MIKKONEN-admits-vegan-d...

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #2 - May 27th, 2019 at 10:00pm

Cow pie. Get it into you.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2019 at 5:56pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 24th, 2019 at 9:48am:
"Burger boss Jack Cowin has a major opportunity squarely in his sights as he works to make a Whopper with fake meat."

'Vegan arms race' puts another deal in sight for Hungry Jack's

“The challenge for the world is how do we feed 10 billion people,” Cowin says. “Having them all eating meat is a very inefficient way to do this.” The idea is to create a new food that would have a similar texture and flavour to meat but be plant-based – a highly-engineered vegan burger that could be sold through Cowin’s 440 Hungry Jack’s stores across Australia.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/DA50/production/_90488855_hungryjack...

They're already onto a win with just their regular vegan burger.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 1st, 2019 at 6:02pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 24th, 2019 at 9:48am:
The challenge for the world is how do we feed 10 billion people,” Cowin says.

Christ I hope he doesn't hope to feed them all with Hungry jacks. A can of beans is much better for them

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 10th, 2022 at 1:27pm

Grin Grin

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #6 - Oct 10th, 2022 at 1:32pm

Sound doesn’t carry in a vacuum.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print