Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
15th State To Ditch Electoral College (Read 5388 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: 15th State To Ditch Electoral College
Reply #90 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 5:19pm

Well Auggie. He is a Red 'Ranga' afterall. More known for their great vision, artistic skill, superb aviation skills, etc - cliche'.

He might be the weakest member of the 'New Team', but he is at least on the 'Right Team' (Internet) that is taking Politics into the future and away from the flawed past.

He is abrasive, unpleasant and much like the Dwarven King 'Dain Ironfoot' (Billy Connelly) character from the Hobbit films.

The Age of the Grey Raven-haired Car Salesman and Blue Brunette Spin Doctor is gone and along with their bias towards the Yellow and Black Man (The Media Team).
Now is the Age of the Blonde White, the Red Ranga, the Brown and the Olive Green.
The Age of Media Oceania, Europe, Asia & Africa is gone into the past and the Age of North America, South America, Sahul and the Middle-East is awakening.

For too long has the wrong people been running Politics.
If the World is to take Politics seriously and respectfully, then it needs a New Team so the Old Team can leave Politics to the experts and go do what they do better.
Cheesy

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #91 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 6:20pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 11th, 2019 at 5:19pm:
Well Auggie. He is a Red 'Ranga' afterall. More known for their great vision, artistic skill, superb aviation skills, etc - cliche'.

He might be the weakest member of the 'New Team', but he is at least on the 'Right Team' (Internet) that is taking Politics into the future and away from the flawed past.

He is abrasive, unpleasant and much like the Dwarven King 'Dain Ironfoot' (Billy Connelly) character from the Hobbit films.

The Age of the Grey Raven-haired Car Salesman and Blue Brunette Spin Doctor is gone and along with their bias towards the Yellow and Black Man (The Media Team).
Now is the Age of the Blonde White, the Red Ranga, the Brown and the Olive Green.
The Age of Media Oceania, Europe, Asia & Africa is gone into the past and the Age of North America, South America, Sahul and the Middle-East is awakening.

For too long has the wrong people been running Politics.
If the World is to take Politics seriously and respectfully, then it needs a New Team so the Old Team can leave Politics to the experts and go do what they do better.
Cheesy

I think you're wrong. I think you'll find that the US will move toward a more socially democratic society. It is only inevitable. There's no going back now - Andrew Yang, Bernie Sanders, AOC - these people will move on but their ideas will stick around for a long time.

Medicare-for-all will become a reality, and I suspect that Andrew Yang's Universal Basic Income probably isn't too far away.

The best that conservatives can do is to manage the pace of change - they need to get on top of these issues, take ownership of them and manage them. The conservative strategy to completely reject social democratic polices is not viable in the long-term.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #92 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 10:06am

Mortdooley wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 10:02pm:
OK, I'm back from the land of the big mouse.

???  Sorry?  Where?

Quote:
Quote:
You obviously don't know or understand the history Latin and Southern America, do you, Mort?  The US has exploited that region for over 150 years.  It has imposed it's will on the people and forced them to accept tyrants and dictators.  You wonder why they resent America?  Really?

Western Europe created the borders of Central and South America when they colonized it. Western financial interests created wealth from the natural resources they found there and even the locals benefited.

So the antics of the American government in places like Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Cuba, Panama, etc. have no bearing on how people consider the US.  I know most of that was before you were born but we are discussing history, aren't we?

Quote:
Quote:
A great theory but what does it do to the claims by the Gun Nuts that Tyrants immediately enact gun control?  You cannot have one and then accept the other, Mort, now can you?

In reality, most of the firearms used during the Eastern European revolutions were acquired from the Peoples' Militia armouries.  AK47s and all the other Eastern weapons.  Few WWII weapons were used.  The main problem faced with using WWII weapons is the lack of ammunition available for them.  Plenty of ammunition for AKs.

While the AK variant has become the weapon of choice in third world countries, tons of WW2 weapons are still hidden away in private hands.

Ammunition is not like eggs, it doesn't go bad sitting in storage. Properly stored ammo eighty years old still functions like new and I know this because I have plenty and use it in my Mosin-Nagant, Tokarev and Nagant revolver.  It was available cheap until some of Obamas executive orders restricted the import of obsolete calibers. It is once again available but at a much higher price.  

So, all those days I spent in a lecture room in the Army where I learnt about the safe storage and the shelf life of ammunition were wasted?

Ammunition has (in general) a shelf life of approximately 5 years which can be followed by inspections every 12 months until approximately 15 years old.  After that, the propellants steadily degrade, losing power.

In Eastern and Middle Europe, the WarPac states changed over to 7.62x39mm rounds for most of their small arms in approximately 1958.  Most other ammunition was no longer produced in quantity.  Yugoslavia was the rare exception, keeping 7.92mm (long and short) in production until the break up of that country in the 1990s.

Quote:
Quote:
Excuse me?  Is this an admission that you don't really know what you're talking about so you decide to change the subject, Mort?  Really?    Roll Eyes

Bird fatalities occur all the time.  Birds, other animals all hunt birds and kill them.  Birds get hit by cars, killed by humans deliberately as well as accidently.  Who cares?   It is the way of the world.  Natural selection will weed out the birds who are stupid and the smarter ones which know to avoid wind turbines will survive.

Wind turbines kill an estimated 140,000 to 328,000 birds each year in North America, making it the most threatening form of green energy. And yet, it’s also one of the most rapidly expanding energy industries: more than 49,000 individual wind turbines now exist across 39 states. More energy can be saved by using a system of passive heat exchange. Pulling hot air through piping buried underground and blown into buildings will cool or heat more efficiently at a lower cost.

How large is the bird population of the USA?  Several hundred billion, I don't doubt.   140,000-328,000 is a drop in the ocean in comparison.  Run along, Mort, run along.

Quote:
Quote:
Enjoy it while you can, Mort.  I hope you have your space on the window ledge booked

Quote:
Where did I say I wished you harm, Mort?  All I suggested was that if you play the market you should expect to come crashing down.  If you want to harm yourself, go for it.

We both know that during the stock market crash some people who had lost everything climbed out on the ledge of tall buildings and leaped to their deaths.

[/quote]

Did they?  Really?  Now why would they waste themselves like that, Mort?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #93 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 12:07am

Quote:

???  Sorry?  Where?

Orlando

Quote:
Western Europe created the borders of Central and South America when they colonized it. Western financial interests created wealth from the natural resources they found there and even the locals benefited.

So the antics of the American government in places like Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Cuba, Panama, etc. have no bearing on how people consider the US.  I know most of that was before you were born but we are discussing history, aren't we?

Brazil, Argentina and Chile don't depend on the US for a substantial part of their GDP and any business between our countries is mutually beneficial. Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, and Panama are self governing Nations and any problems they have are of their own making! Cubans wanted to be ruled by the Castros and have enjoyed their workers paradise ever since.

Quote:
So, all those days I spent in a lecture room in the Army where I learnt about the safe storage and the shelf life of ammunition were wasted?

Ammunition has (in general) a shelf life of approximately 5 years which can be followed by inspections every 12 months until approximately 15 years old.  After that, the propellants steadily degrade, losing power.

In Eastern and Middle Europe, the WarPac states changed over to 7.62x39mm rounds for most of their small arms in approximately 1958.  Most other ammunition was no longer produced in quantity.  Yugoslavia was the rare exception, keeping 7.92mm (long and short) in production until the break up of that country in the 1990s.

Your information is incomplete while basically accurate. I wouldn't want my Military depending on decades old small arms ammunition so placing some short term limit on usability makes sense.  It sounds like a self imposed shelf life rather than the useful life of well stored ammunition. I can assure you that I have used sound, clean 80 year old 30-06 and couldn't tell the difference from new factory commercial ammo. I have bought cases of eastern block obsolete ammo because of their deep price discount and headstamps indicate much of it was manufactured in the 40s and 50s. No problem with reliability!

The AKs and their ammo are what the Arms Merchants have standardized on. Everybody wants AKs because everybody else they are likely to encounter will also use them. Resupply is much easier when everyone uses the same weapons.

Quote:
How large is the bird population of the USA?  Several hundred billion, I don't doubt.   140,000-328,000 is a drop in the ocean in comparison.  Run along, Mort, run along.

Taking that many birds out of the ecosystem has an impact on their food source. Wind turbines also take out Bats who eat the mosquitos that carry disease. Unintended consequences are more often than not the norm when Eco-friendly policies take effect. The one constant all these high minded ideas have in common is they continue our dependence.   

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #94 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 9:54am

Mortdooley wrote on Jun 18th, 2019 at 12:07am:
Quote:

???  Sorry?  Where?

Orlando

And what does that city have to do with a "big mouse"?

Quote:
Quote:

Brazil, Argentina and Chile don't depend on the US for a substantial part of their GDP and any business between our countries is mutually beneficial. Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, and Panama are self governing Nations and any problems they have are of their own making! Cubans wanted to be ruled by the Castros and have enjoyed their workers paradise ever since.

Economics had little to do with the promotion of a military dictatorship in any of those countries but the US Government did that, despite it's claim to believe in democracy, Mort.  Same for Guatamala, Nicaragua,  Panama.   Funny that, hey?   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Your information is incomplete while basically accurate. I wouldn't want my Military depending on decades old small arms ammunition so placing some short term limit on usability makes sense.  It sounds like a self imposed shelf life rather than the useful life of well stored ammunition. I can assure you that I have used sound, clean 80 year old 30-06 and couldn't tell the difference from new factory commercial ammo. I have bought cases of eastern block obsolete ammo because of their deep price discount and headstamps indicate much of it was manufactured in the 40s and 50s. No problem with reliability!

The AKs and their ammo are what the Arms Merchants have standardized on. Everybody wants AKs because everybody else they are likely to encounter will also use them. Resupply is much easier when everyone uses the same weapons.

What you are missing is that what you proclaim as "sound" ammunition was actually starting to decay.  Did you measure its muzzle velocity?  Did you measure its yaw angles?  Those are important to the military, less so for civilians.  To you, as long as it goes "boom!" You're happy.

Quote:

Taking that many birds out of the ecosystem has an impact on their food source.
[/quote]

Until they learn to avoid the turbine blades.  You're talking as if this leads to extinction.  It doesn't.  The species continues.  Smarter birds survive.  It is called natural selection and is part of evolution.  I know the concepts of evolution are anathema to many fundamentalist Christian Americans...

Quote:
Wind turbines also take out Bats who eat the mosquitos that carry disease.

Again, until the smarter ones realise to avoid the turbines...

Quote:
Unintended consequences are more often than not the norm when Eco-friendly policies take effect. The one constant all these high minded ideas have in common is they continue our dependence.   

You mean on fossil fuels?   Really?  And there I was under the impression that renewable energy sources actually decrease dependence on them...   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 11:22am

kindly dump the agenda to fill OzPol with American crap

no one gives a damn about your corrupt systems

thin out the 50% jews in the US congress

do that

see if your systems don't miraculously begin to regain something approaching health

and quit imagining anyone outside the US gives a damn about anything US

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #96 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 9:29pm

Land of the big mouse!

Quote:
What you are missing is that what you proclaim as "sound" ammunition was actually starting to decay.  Did you measure its muzzle velocity?  Did you measure its yaw angles?  Those are important to the military, less so for civilians.  To you, as long as it goes "boom!" You're happy.

Good groups at one hundred yards, no unusual drop over distance and what is to be expected in felt recoil. Good enough for the civilian market but I would never arm troops with ammo older than they are!

Quote:
You mean on fossil fuels?   Really?  And there I was under the impression that renewable energy sources actually decrease dependence on them...

The point is you and the rest of us are still dependent on the supplier regardless of how the energy is produced!

Economics

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #97 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 10:00am

Mortdooley wrote on Jun 18th, 2019 at 9:29pm:

So, you've been visiting Disneyland in Florida?  I was under the impression that Disneyland was in California...

Quote:
Quote:

Good groups at one hundred yards, no unusual drop over distance and what is to be expected in felt recoil. Good enough for the civilian market but I would never arm troops with ammo older than they are!

100 metres is next door, Mort.  I was taught to shoot at 300 and 600 metres using both .303 and 7.62x51mm rounds.

Quote:
Quote:
You mean on fossil fuels?   Really?  And there I was under the impression that renewable energy sources actually decrease dependence on them...

The point is you and the rest of us are still dependent on the supplier regardless of how the energy is produced!

Economics

Really?  So, I don't own the solar cells on my roof?  How about Government owned windmills some kilometres away?   Who owns them?

Oh, I forgot, America everything is privately owned, right?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #98 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 12:49am

Quote:
So, you've been visiting Disneyland in Florida?  I was under the impression that Disneyland was in California...

They are in Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong as well. It was a family trip and not something I would have done if all involved were adults.

https://traveltips.usatoday.com/disney-theme-parks-around-world-3689.html

Quote:
100 metres is next door, Mort.  I was taught to shoot at 300 and 600 metres using both .303 and 7.62x51mm rounds.

I'm sure my rifles are capable of longer shots but if they group well at 100 yards I put them away and shoot hand guns. My six inch S&W 686 makes small groups at 100 yards with full power loads. I've even managed to hit the paper somewhere at 100 yards with .38 caliber 2 inch snubbies!

Quote:
Really?  So, I don't own the solar cells on my roof?  How about Government owned windmills some kilometres away?   Who owns them?

Even though you pay for them do you really own them? Probably under restrictive conditions. I've talked with the companies that sell roof mounted panels here and they only feed power to the grid. You may get credit for exporting power but in a grid down power outage you are as out of power as those without panels. The power is directed to discharge into the ground rod to protect service crews from a back feed danger. Your panels may produce all the power you could want during the day but none will be available because of the safety features. All things considered I don't find them cost effective. You buy and pay on installments and take years to break even. We can choose who we pay our electric bill to from a group of third party companies and it has saved me more money because they compete for my business.

Don't get the impression I oppose Solar power, we have a 12'x24' portable building that houses our chickens, their coop is the last 6'x12' and the rest is storage and equipment. I use 60 watt equivalent LED bulbs and a 40 watt shop light when I need to light up the whole building. I power low watt 12volt fans for air movers and for grins I added a 24" TV for over the air reception.  I installed 245 watts of solar panels, a 1000 watt pure sign wave inverter and 2 105 amp hour AGM batteries. I'm currently researching what size refrigerator can be comfortably used with this system. It may not be a practical addition.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #99 - Jun 21st, 2019 at 12:18am

Disneyworld in Orlando is schit. I went there a few years back with my daughter and we were driving all the way to Key West with a stop in Tampa and the Everglades so it was convenient. She enjoyed it. I did not and felt pity for all those who actually flew in from overseas ... and there were plenty of those: sad Brits, Norwegians ...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #100 - Jun 21st, 2019 at 8:27pm

AiA wrote on Jun 21st, 2019 at 12:18am:
Disneyworld in Orlando is schit. I went there a few years back with my daughter and we were driving all the way to Key West with a stop in Tampa and the Everglades so it was convenient. She enjoyed it. I did not and felt pity for all those who actually flew in from overseas ... and there were plenty of those: sad Brits, Norwegians ...

It wasn't something I ever wanted to do either. Long lines for rides I could have passed on but it was family and I was making the best of it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print