Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
GetUp versus News Ltd. (Read 5239 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

GetUp versus News Ltd.
May 22nd, 2019 at 9:49pm

Thoughts?

IP Logged

Chester

Australian Politics

Re: GetUp versus News Ltd.
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2019 at 10:17pm

Youuuuuwhoooo, it's meeee.

You know just this afternoon, Keith (he's my bestest friend ever) asked me what what I though of GetUp. I started into a diatribe about shady political funding on all sides of politics, but then he looked at me with those sexy doe eyes, sashayed across the room and put his finger to my mouth and said, hush you silly thing.

He then turned around and presented his bot bot to me and said, GetUp this.

Toodles!!!

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2019 at 10:45pm

Getup are just a bunch of poofters with to much time on their hands, I bet they are blushing now.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 23rd, 2019 at 12:22am

Chester wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 10:17pm:

You know just this afternoon, Keith (he's my bestest friend ever) asked me what what I though of GetUp. I started into a diatribe about shady political funding on all sides of politics, but then he looked at me with those sexy doe eyes, sashayed across the room and put his finger to my mouth and said, hush you silly thing.

Toodles!!!

Oh, Chester, that's just so wise!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 23rd, 2019 at 7:43am

lol   right to the end   the Tele told us Labor was going to win....no ifs or buts  " Fete accompli" ... the libs would be lucky to be the opposition....

I dont  recall  News Ltd vandalising  posters... or making cruel dishonest ads that needed to be withdrawn.....I dont recall them making phone calls around the neighbourhood or attacking volunteers....

perhaps you have details of them doing so....

GETUP on the other hand........ Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #5 - May 23rd, 2019 at 8:08am

cods wrote on May 23rd, 2019 at 7:43am:
lol   right to the end   the Tele told us Labor was going to win....no ifs or buts  " Fete accompli" ... the libs would be lucky to be the opposition....

I dont  recall  News Ltd vandalising  posters... or making cruel dishonest ads that needed to be withdrawn.....I dont recall them making phone calls around the neighbourhood or attacking volunteers....

perhaps you have details of them doing so....

GETUP on the other hand........ Angry Angry Angry Angry

https://reneweconomy.com.au/murdoch-media-and-the-myth-about-tesla-evs-causing-b...

It’s been quite an extraordinary election campaign. Every day, readers have been able to turn to the Murdoch media stable – Sky News, The Australian and the state-based tabloids to read or listen to some complete nonsense about climate change science, renewables, or electric vehicles.
It’s a tough call, given the intense competition, but if we had to give a prize to the dumbest story of all, it would likely be The Australian columnist Robert Gottliebsen and his story entitled Electric cars are already causing some grid failures.

According to Gottliebsen, a friend of his had told him about an unidentified street in Melbourne where six households had a Tesla EV, and when just three of four of them charged at the same time, the power went out.

“It’s a crisis that has been concealed from the vast majority of the population,” Gottliebsen writes.
“The danger really came home to me when I met up with an affluent, long-time Melbourne acquaintance who lives in a street where there are six Tesla cars.  When they all try to charge their batteries at the same time, the power goes out in the street because the grid fails. Sometimes it fails when only three or four of them try to charge at the same time.”

The claim is laughable because most Tesla EVs are powered at home by a 7kW charger, which is about the same as many electric ovens and air conditioning units. And nearly all houses have these, and in the summer heat turn them on at the same time. (Some Tesla’s, such as chief scientist Alan Finkel’s, trickle feed from a normal socket).
As one Tesla officianado noted: “I did see that (Gottliebsen article) posted a while back and it’s pretty much entirely baseless crap. For starters, this was discussed on the Tesla Australia Slack group and no-one there (200+ Tesla owners) could pinpoint where 6 Teslas exist on one street. Sounds made up to start with.”

Still, we decided to check with all the local grid operators in Melbourne. Had there been any such cases? No, came the answer.
“In regards to home EV chargers, they are not causing reliability issues, such as outages, on our networks,” said Emma Tyner, who speaks on behalf of Powercor, Citipower and United Energy.
“We have not had blackouts or major network issues caused by EVs in our network,” said Helena Lilley, from Ausnet.

Well id say that was a bit biased Cods... I see at the Sunshine Coast they put a Gun site on a Labor premier and said she is next on the front page....
Nah not involving themselves at all or using dirty Tactics.....

Your right Get up do political  things,, after all they are a political organization, Murdock is supposed to be a Neutral News Agency and only tell the news, but we all know that isn't the case. Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #6 - May 23rd, 2019 at 8:14am

If you want to do a Comparison it should be between Advance Australia (right wingers) and Getup (left wingers).
To do a comparison to a national News group who are supposed to be Neutral to a political group is very disturbing as one of them should not have a bias at all..….. Wink

I am me

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 23rd, 2019 at 8:37am

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 23rd, 2019 at 8:14am:
If you want to do a Comparison it should be between Advance Australia (right wingers) and Getup (left wingers).
To do a comparison to a national News group who are supposed to be Neutral to a political group is very disturbing as one of them should not have a bias at all..….. Wink

GETUP CLAIMS NEUTRALITY 

since when have the news media ever been neutral??? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

you must live on a different planet to me...

or you dont read the letter pages.... Grin Grin Grin

or fairfax for that matter

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 23rd, 2019 at 8:38am

How about Stormfront?

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #9 - May 23rd, 2019 at 8:56am

cods wrote on May 23rd, 2019 at 8:37am:

GETUP CLAIMS NEUTRALITY 

Only Neutral to a political party, not issue's. If a politician goes against one of their campaigns (eg increasing coal production instead of decreasing) then they go against that politician.
Don't forget that Getup are actively against Adani and that is in a Labor run state, so they are going against the Labor party there....
How do you explain that if you say they are run by a Party...
It's easy to explain if they are having a campain that is against coal production.

That is what they are set up to do...….

National media agerncies however should be above political biases and just report the news, it doesn't matter if Murdock or Fairfax do it, they are both in the wrong.

Getup however are true to what they stand for ,just because you don't like what they stand up for doesn't matter.

Don't forget in February this year the electoral council looked into their affairs and said they are neutral if you disagree take it up with the AEC. Wink
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2019 at 9:04am by DonDeeHippy »  

I am me

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 23rd, 2019 at 9:13am

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 23rd, 2019 at 8:56am:

GETUP CLAIMS NEUTRALITY 

Only Neutral to a political party, not issue's. If a politician goes against one of their campaigns (eg increasing coal production instead of decreasing) then they go against that politician.
Don't forget that Getup are actively against Adani and that is in a Labor run state, so they are going against the Labor party there....
It's easy to explain if they are having a campain that is against coal production.

National media agerncies however should be above political biases and just report the news, it doesn't matter if Murdock or Fairfax do it, they are both in the wrong.

Getup however are true to what they stand for ,just because you don't like what they stand up for doesn't matter.

Don't forget in February this year the electoral council looked into their affairs and said they are neutral if you disagree take it up with the AEC. Wink

In Warringah, GetUp backed a Liberal-leaning independent. News Ltd would never do that.

Murdoch meets with the Liberal leadership and coordinates a joint campaign, with News tabloids being attack dogs against Labor.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 23rd, 2019 at 9:26am

Mattyfisk wrote on May 23rd, 2019 at 9:13am:

GETUP CLAIMS NEUTRALITY 

In Warringah, GetUp backed a Liberal-leaning independent. News Ltd would never do that.

Murdoch meets with the Liberal leadership and coordinates a joint campaign, with News tabloids being attack dogs against Labor.

oh dearie dearie me tsk tsk...

they went full bore to attack every leading Liberal and well you know it..

sadly they won getting rid of Tony....BUT ZALI now has to get WIND FARMS ON THE BEACHES OF NSW...

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin....

she pledged to FIX CLIMATE CHANGE   

and where better to start... but on the BEACHES... Grin Grin

i love it...I am sure you do as well.

IP Logged

The Reboot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

None of your damn business
Reply #12 - May 23rd, 2019 at 9:29am

Chester wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 10:17pm:

Toodles!!!

Dying.  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 23rd, 2019 at 9:29am

GETUP CLAIMS NEUTRALITY 

WHAT EXACTLY DOES GETUP STAND FOR MATE?..

I would seriously like to know..

besides getting rid of powerful liberals...that is!

when I first heard about getup many years ago   they stood for not climate change but saving the earth....water conservation and so on  now  well its anything or anyone whos right leaning....

how do you feel about WINDMILLS ON THE BEACHES OF NSW?...

IP Logged

The Reboot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

None of your damn business
Reply #14 - May 23rd, 2019 at 9:30am

GETUP CLAIMS NEUTRALITY 

Media outlets certainly aren't unbiased these days.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print