Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Tony Abort scores $300,000 pension (Read 1465 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Tony Abort scores $300,000 pension
May 22nd, 2019 at 4:40pm

Check it out. The moron gets payed more now that he is out of the picture Sad What on earth is wrong with this system that rewards people for doing no work Sad

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/tony-abbott-scores-300000-pension-060313585.ht...

Quote:
Former Prime Minister and member for Warringah, Tony Abbott lost his seat on Saturday to Independent Zali Steggall, but if there’s one thing to assuage the spectacular defeat, it would be the hefty pension Abbott will now receive.

The former leader of the Coalition will receive a parliamentary pension of nearly $300,000 - an income significantly higher than the $207,000 he was receiving as an MP.

Abbott is part of a group of politicians elected prior to 2004 who are eligible for the Parliamentary Contributory Superannuation Scheme (PCSS), and as Abbott has been in power for more than 25 years, he will receive a payment of 75 per cent of his base wage, plus a loading for his official roles.

The total sum: $295,720 a year, freelance researcher William Summers revealed.

And if Abbott wanted to, he could claim $1.48 million of that sum now if he chooses to.

“His income will be far higher as an ex-MP, even before you factor in any directorships, ambassadorial positions or Sky News roles he may or may not be offered, or the free travel and office allowance he will get as an ex-prime minister,” Summers said on his blog.

“And remember, because parliamentary pensions rise each year in line with the pay of sitting MPs, this is not $296,000 “each year”, it is merely $296,000 this year (2018/19).”

That means that as of 1 July, Abbott will score an increase to his pension, pushing it to above $300,000.

Former Coalition ministers Christopher Pyne and Julie Bishop will also receive substantial pensions after announcing plans to depart politics this year.

These politicians will receive between $188,000 and $220,000 a year as part of their package.

Labor MP Wayne Swan is eligible for a similar package, as is Tanya Plibersek, although she has not announced plans to retire from politics.

According to a recent Department of Finance report, ‘Taxpayers face bill of up to $1b to fund MPs’ retirements’, this scheme cost taxpayers $902.5 million in 2017, before hitting $908.0 million in 2018, and will reach $912.9 million in 2019.

The average retiree with superannuation receives an income of $40,000 a year.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Re: Tony Abort scores $300,000 pension
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2019 at 4:45pm

He will probably replace Fat Joe in USA as well on a massive salary

(or The Vatican as someone suggested)

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2019 at 4:50pm

Redmond Neck wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 4:45pm:
He will probably replace Fat Joe in USA as well on a massive salary

(or The Vatican as someone suggested)

and double his pay packet again Sad

What a gravy train this politics gig is Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

scurt

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2019 at 4:53pm

Tony deserves it, you know he does.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 22nd, 2019 at 4:58pm

scurt wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 4:53pm:

for doing what ?

IP Logged

scurt

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - May 22nd, 2019 at 5:06pm

Sir lastnail wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 4:58pm:

for doing what ?

Serving. Not something you would be familiar with, I'm sure.

Just how are those Tesla shares doing?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 22nd, 2019 at 5:09pm

scurt wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 5:06pm:

for doing what ?

you mean lining his pockets at taxpayers expense? Yes, he deserves to be rewarded for that.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 22nd, 2019 at 5:10pm

for doing what ?

doing much better than your Slater and Gordon shares Cheesy LOL

IP Logged

scurt

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 22nd, 2019 at 5:22pm

Sir lastnail wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 5:10pm:

for doing what ?

doing much better than your Slater and Gordon shares Cheesy LOL

TSLA down 45% since December, hmm... I don't own individual shares, I'm not an idiot.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - May 22nd, 2019 at 5:31pm

hilarious   another thing to get up rustys nose.... beudy newk..  I love it   couldnt happen to a nicer chap... he was after all PM   something shortarse never got close to being..

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

best news I have had all day..

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 22nd, 2019 at 5:42pm

And he'll grab it, too

the way he grabbed the 'scholarship' for his daughter

and the way he rorted travel expenses when he was flying around trying to promote his book

So get your kids into politics

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 22nd, 2019 at 5:51pm

why not... hes only doing what everyone else does and have been for donkeys years 

ask Mrs Hawke  how bob spent his pension  hes lived to 89  I believe Whitlam even lasted longer...

I dont recall anyone complaining about their pensions... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

good on Tony.. did he break any laws.....did he rob anyone of the penalty rates?????

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #12 - May 22nd, 2019 at 5:54pm

Gillard's $250K
Rudd's $200K

Bill 14% is not the alcohol content of that wine. It's your poll number

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 22nd, 2019 at 6:02pm

cods wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 5:51pm:
why not... hes only doing what everyone else does and have been for donkeys years 

ask Mrs Hawke  how bob spent his pension  hes lived to 89  I believe Whitlam even lasted longer...

I dont recall anyone complaining about their pensions... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

good on Tony.. did he break any laws.....did he rob anyone of the penalty rates?????

I did (complain)

and still do

The old idea was to recompense professionals who surrendered their real life and often lucrative careers to serve the nation

but those days are gone and politicians now impress most as being opportunists who would have been close to unemployable in the real world

who'd employ hysterical Rudd or thieving Gillard, drunken Hawke, whining Howard, supercilious Whitlam, useless McMahon, etc. ?

politics IS their career.  And in the case of most, their first dreeeeem was to be on the stage in some capacity or other.  In other words, what we have and have had for decades is a gang of corrupt failed thespians.  They realised they were too untalented and ugly to make it in show business, so they opted for politics, which would provide them the attention, exposure, power, fame and money their black hearts desired from primary school

Keating was a failed department store salesman after a couple of weeks.  Couldn't bear to be told.  Refused to recognise his insignificance.  Was described as 'arrogant' --- at age 14 !  The Bankstown boy from the fibro house with delusions of grandeur

If Keating had stayed in retail, he would have been on the dole by age 16, but look at him now -- able to satisfy his materialistic, narcissistic cravings at the top end of town.  All thanks to grubby politics

Borbidge in Queensland was another who jumped on the politics gravy  train as a teen.  Great in opposition, like Tony.  But when he finally reached the pinnacle, premier of Qld, he was a dead loss and the people got rid of him quick smart

Abbott, a wannabe lifelong.  Authoritarian leanings.  Punched walls.  Bullied women. Failed at the seminary.  Failed as a journalist.  Succeeded as a LNP hit-man. Got the top job and he believed he was there for life -- it went right to his stupid head.  Credlin covered for him but the truth couldn't be hidden for long and he was dumped.  Now we have to pay him and the other political scum for life

I wish them a brief existence in the interests of the taxpayers' pockets

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Mary Black

Reply #14 - May 22nd, 2019 at 6:04pm

Good on Tony Abbott. He may not have been PM material but he is a tireless worker and does a lot for charity. He is still young (61) and has more to give to the Australian community.

I hope that his replacement, Zali Steggall, serves her community as well as Tony Abbott did.  They won't be pleased if she doesn't.  Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print