Send Topic Print
The utter stupidity (Read 1486 times)
Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
The utter stupidity
May 21st, 2019 at 4:31pm

Of this stupid new law thought up by some retarded moron in the public serve us who has probably never driven a car in his / her life.

I speak of the utter stupidity of slowing to 40 klm/ hr when the plods pull someone over to book them on the freeway.

This afternoon rounding a bend, the truck in front of me locked up.
Not his fault really, it was the fault of the idiot who saw the pretty blue and red lights ahead and stood on his brakes.
The following cars all had to brake in turn even though they could not see the lights, only the nearly stopped cars in front.

Trucks weigh quite a bit
They take considerably more space to stop.
This simple physics is beyond the retards in the R&M and the sick witted morons who simply stand on their brakes in front of trucks.

So, we have a huge double bogie, suddenly bearing down on a row of cars that virtually stopped from 110 to 40
He hits his brakes, fortunately he had just enough distance and was an exceptional driver to control his truck.
Fully laden, I think the outcome woukd have been much different.

The low IQ cop, who pulled over the car on a blind corner looked up and saw copious amounts of smoke and screeching tyres headed toward him.
I hope he shite his pants, the bloody fool.

I hope the $100.00 fine was worth almost causing thousands of dollars damage and possibly killing someone.
But he probably justifies the stupidity of it by running the tired old mantra.
"I'm saving lives"
Yeah bull shite, he is raising revenue, nothing more.

This rule has to change,
It's stupid, dangerous and will kill someone.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: The utter stupidity
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2019 at 5:15pm

Did you give the Cop a due spray?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - May 21st, 2019 at 5:50pm

Meanwhile. Ice junkies and dealers are increasing in numbers, while the Cops go out revenue raking on the roads. Ice causes more death and destruction than anything 'roads and motoring' in Australia.

Maybe its not the Police duty to deal with this 'Drug' problem?
Maybe its the duty of the Australian Medical Industry and people like Bojack shouldn't be hiding away in Labs & Hospitals doing experiments - but getting out among the population and taking the bull by the horns?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 21st, 2019 at 7:02pm

Valkie wrote on May 21st, 2019 at 4:31pm:
Of this stupid new law thought up by some retarded moron in the public serve us who has probably never driven a car in his / her life.

I speak of the utter stupidity of slowing to 40 klm/ hr when the plods pull someone over to book them on the freeway.

This afternoon rounding a bend, the truck in front of me locked up.
Not his fault really, it was the fault of the idiot who saw the pretty blue and red lights ahead and stood on his brakes.
The following cars all had to brake in turn even though they could not see the lights, only the nearly stopped cars in front.

Trucks weigh quite a bit
They take considerably more space to stop.
This simple physics is beyond the retards in the R&M and the sick witted morons who simply stand on their brakes in front of trucks.

So, we have a huge double bogie, suddenly bearing down on a row of cars that virtually stopped from 110 to 40
He hits his brakes, fortunately he had just enough distance and was an exceptional driver to control his truck.
Fully laden, I think the outcome woukd have been much different.

The low IQ cop, who pulled over the car on a blind corner looked up and saw copious amounts of smoke and screeching tyres headed toward him.
I hope he shite his pants, the bloody fool.

I hope the $100.00 fine was worth almost causing thousands of dollars damage and possibly killing someone.
But he probably justifies the stupidity of it by running the tired old mantra.
"I'm saving lives"
Yeah bull shite, he is raising revenue, nothing more.

This rule has to change,
It's stupid, dangerous and will kill someone.

I agree.

Thank fukkk Qlders don't slow down. Our Hwy's barely move without that crap, well in the SE anyway.   

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - May 21st, 2019 at 10:32pm

Had one recently myself - bloke in the left lane slammed on the anchors, I hit the brakes and dived for the right lane to miss the guy behind him - who dived for the right lane a split second later... Jesus Christ!!  You should have heard my language... good thing the brakes in Territory's are so good... saved me at least twice now.... the first being the silly old bastard who pulled out from a Give Way sign and turned right into an 80 zone right in front of me... good brakes and fast reactions honed by years of city driving and motor cycling ...

I'd prefer a pair of 30mm cannon up front.. for the occasional idiot.... and I'm thinking of buying an AK to sort out some of those farken truck drivers on the highways...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #5 - May 22nd, 2019 at 5:13am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 21st, 2019 at 10:32pm:
Had one recently myself - bloke in the left lane slammed on the anchors, I hit the brakes and dived for the right lane to miss the guy behind him - who dived for the right lane a split second later... Jesus Christ!!  You should have heard my language... good thing the brakes in Territory's are so good... saved me at least twice now.... the first being the silly old bastard who pulled out from a Give Way sign and turned right into an 80 zone right in front of me... good brakes and fast reactions honed by years of city driving and motor cycling ...

I'd prefer a pair of 30mm cannon up front.. for the occasional idiot.... and I'm thinking of buying an AK to sort out some of those farken truck drivers on the highways...

That's why I give plenty of distance in front of me.
Only to have imbicille drivers cut in all the damn time.
I prefer to drive at a constant speed, in the left lane, I don't really care what it is.
But tgere is always an idiot going dead slow or trapping you behind a truck while they sit in your blind spot.

Yesterday, this idiot, hunched over his steering wheel and peering out the front window with a look so intense, was driving too far to the left in the lane.
As he drifted past cars, the drivers in the other cars had to move to their left to avoid this potato hitting them.
He sped up, slowed down, sped up, slowed down.
For nearly 20 minutes he was a hazard in front of me.
Then, he pulled over.
Who knows, probably drunk.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 22nd, 2019 at 5:46am

Valkie wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 5:13am:

I prefer to drive at a constant speed, in the left lane, I don't really care what it is.
But tgere is always an idiot going dead slow or trapping you behind a truck while they sit in your blind spot.

Yesterday, this idiot, hunched over his steering wheel and peering out the front window with a look so intense, was driving too far to the left in the lane.
As he drifted past cars, the drivers in the other cars had to move to their left to avoid this potato hitting them.
Then, he pulled over.

I always do, too - I prefer a football field in front and a football field behind - got a camera in the back and any clown who gets too close suddenly sees it and 'oops'.. backs off... thinking of getting a sign made that says "If you can read this, smile, asshole!" with an arrow pointing to the camera.

Know exactly what you mean- I cruise control at the speed limit, and there is always a combination of Mr Slowbie and Speedy Gonzales - especially in 100 zones where you can't get away from or around the trucks.

Such a relief to not have to drive that farken highway all the time now.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #7 - May 22nd, 2019 at 9:48am

Is there nothing you don't cry about Val?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #8 - May 22nd, 2019 at 4:57pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 5:46am:

Then, he pulled over.

I always do, too - I prefer a football field in front and a football field behind - got a camera in the back and any clown who gets too close suddenly sees it and 'oops'.. backs off... thinking of getting a sign made that says "If you can read this, smile, asshole!" with an arrow pointing to the camera.

Know exactly what you mean- I cruise control at the speed limit, and there is always a combination of Mr Slowbie and Speedy Gonzales - especially in 100 zones where you can't get away from or around the trucks.

On the M1 (old F3) the trucks do 110.
Sometimes more
And the cops don't seem to care.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #9 - May 22nd, 2019 at 4:58pm

SadKangaroo wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 9:48am:
Is there nothing you don't cry about Val?

Who's sock are you precious?

Better go back to sleep.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 22nd, 2019 at 6:37pm

Valkie wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 4:57pm:

Then, he pulled over.

Sometimes more

Down the southbound hill into Bulahdelah, I got up to 115 kph in the 100 zone, and a very large truck was pacing me... you have to break the law yourself or take a chance they'll play road games and monster you - some do...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #11 - May 22nd, 2019 at 6:55pm

Quote:
  Down the southbound hill into Bulahdelah, I got up to 115 kph in the 100 zone, and a very large truck was pacing me... you have to break the law yourself or take a chance they'll play road games and monster you - some do...   

Not wishing to turn this thread into a truck bashing exercise.

Many truck drivers are very professional.
Driving vehicles of the size and weight they do, while managing to dodge the idiots in cars, is quite an art.
I have seen some Truely amazing things while driving up and down the M1 every day for the last 30 years.

I would say at least 90% of incidents are because some fool in a car, who has no idea of physics and truck maneuverability, does something stupid.
I watched an idiot in a yaris cut in front of a slowing truck as he was coming to the lights. Then the idiot stopped, of course the truck couldn't and turned the yaris into a compact,  compact car.
The owner jumped out and started going off at the truck driver.
I got out to give the truck driver my details so he could call on me as a witness.
But the driver, who turned out to be a young lady, said it wasn't necessary, she had a dash camera that caught it all.

Yes there are trucks that do the wrong thing.
But there are far more car drivers that do worse.

And you should see them at
Xmas
Easter
Long weekends etc

When all the city drivers overload their cars
Put the kids in the back
And expect to be able to drive like they do in Sydney
To say nothing of the dozens of broken down cars all along the expressway on their way to some beach somewhere.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #12 - May 23rd, 2019 at 3:46pm

Valkie wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 4:57pm:

Then, he pulled over.

Sometimes more

Which is fine, if they all kept to the left lane and didn't duck and weave across lanes and sit meters away from cars. Their stopping distance is crap.

I reckon all trucks should be forced to use radar cruise control, sit behind each other and have EAB fitted.

IBI

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - May 25th, 2019 at 10:57am

Valkie wrote on May 21st, 2019 at 4:31pm:

For once I actually do agree with Valkie
It is a stupid law which actually makes the roads more dangerous

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #14 - May 25th, 2019 at 11:07am

Yep, this slow down to 40 km rule is so weird and vague, it causes more problems that it solves. Ditch it forthwith.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print