The utter stupidity (Read 1491 times)
Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Re: The utter stupidity
Reply #15 - May 25th, 2019 at 3:56pm

Captain Nemo wrote on May 25th, 2019 at 11:07am:
Yep, this slow down to 40 km rule is so weird and vague, it causes more problems that it solves. Ditch it forthwith.

It's like the bloody speed humps appearing everywhere.

They post a 40 k speed limit, then stick a bloody great hump on the road , post a 25 klm limit and think people think that's great.

What mental midget, what retarded cane toad, what potato came up with that pearler?
Let's post a 50 k limit and then stick a suspension destroying bump in the road.
As if it ain't bad enough driving on the goat tracks they laughingly call roads.
With more patches per kilometer than a patchwork quilt convention.
More pot holes than LTYC's face has pox marks
More speed changes than a tax summit convention.

My bet
That the grubberment want people off the road
So they make is so uncomfortable that people only drive if they have to.

A POX ON THEM ALL.
MAY THEY ALL DIE PAINFUL AND LONG DEATH, THEN GO TO HELL.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: The utter stupidity
Reply #16 - May 25th, 2019 at 8:53pm

Valkie wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 6:55pm:
Quote:
  Down the southbound hill into Bulahdelah, I got up to 115 kph in the 100 zone, and a very large truck was pacing me... you have to break the law yourself or take a chance they'll play road games and monster you - some do...   

Not wishing to turn this thread into a truck bashing exercise.

Many truck drivers are very professional.
Driving vehicles of the size and weight they do, while managing to dodge the idiots in cars, is quite an art.
I have seen some Truely amazing things while driving up and down the M1 every day for the last 30 years.

I would say at least 90% of incidents are because some fool in a car, who has no idea of physics and truck maneuverability, does something stupid.
I watched an idiot in a yaris cut in front of a slowing truck as he was coming to the lights. Then the idiot stopped, of course the truck couldn't and turned the yaris into a compact,  compact car.
The owner jumped out and started going off at the truck driver.
I got out to give the truck driver my details so he could call on me as a witness.
But the driver, who turned out to be a young lady, said it wasn't necessary, she had a dash camera that caught it all.

Yes there are trucks that do the wrong thing.
But there are far more car drivers that do worse.

And you should see them at
Xmas
Easter
Long weekends etc

When all the city drivers overload their cars
Put the kids in the back
And expect to be able to drive like they do in Sydney
To say nothing of the dozens of broken down cars all along the expressway on their way to some beach somewhere.

I totally agree about some of the pro truck drivers - couldn't ask for better... about 10-15% however need a good reaming.  I can spot the pros.. it's the future cons for dangerous driving causing death I'm worried about.

I had a pair of d1cks bracket me in a 100 zone when I had four older ladies on board... one on the rear bumper and the other right alongside and blocking..... one of the ladies filmed it on her camera but I neglected to tell her to dial 000 and get a cop out.   With that film and their number plates, they were goners even if the cops waited a bit.  These two obviously thought they were smart-arses, and it would have destroyed them to cop a huge fine for intimidating driving, and lose their licence as well...  oops.... what will they tell the missus?

I'd laugh...

Oh - and you must have seen my comments on some of the other car drivers and ute drivers with or without boat or caravan or, heaven forbid, a racing car in a trailer. ... K-rist!

'Ah got da ute an ah'm a tredie an' mah tahm is IMPORTANT' ...  or 'ah got da big boat so I gotta gits me to dat crick as fast as'..  or 'ah gotta git to dat caravan park yesterday or bust - I'm IMPORTANT and a gun driver here' or 'ah'm a P Plater and now ah can go FAST... looka me!'   ..... so is your licence important, d1ckhead... how you gonna get there without it?
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2019 at 9:01pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print