Islam vs freedom (Read 20917 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Islam vs freedom
Reply #120 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 11:49pm

Quote:
Can you comprehend yet how much more offensive a film like Innocense of Muslims is to muslims than something like Keeping the Faith would be to jews?

I don't care how offended Muslims get Gandalf. They shouldn't start killing people for mocking their religion. And you shouldn't lie about it.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #121 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:20am

freediver wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 11:49pm:
Quote:
Can you comprehend yet how much more offensive a film like Innocense of Muslims is to muslims than something like Keeping the Faith would be to jews?

I don't care how offended Muslims get Gandalf. They shouldn't start killing people for mocking their religion. And you shouldn't lie about it.

And I don't care how many feel-good romantic love stories you can present, Islam-mocking is not the only religion mocking that is off-limits to Hollywood. And you shouldn't lie about that, or the idea that Islam mocking in any mainstream media is only off-limits because of jihadists.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #122 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 6:50pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:20am:
Quote:

And I don't care how many feel-good romantic love stories you can present, Islam-mocking is not the only religion mocking that is off-limits to Hollywood. And you shouldn't lie about that, or the idea that Islam mocking in any mainstream media is only off-limits because of jihadists.

Christians and Jews  won't kill you for making jokes about them.

Muslims have killed for jokes. Always will. No place for Islam in the West.  It is an intolerant, violent and totalitarian creed with no redeeming aspects.

« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2019 at 7:57pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #123 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 7:15pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 12:20am:
Quote:

You are missing the point Gandalf. If Hollywood refrains from mocking Jews because it is unpopular, that is entirely irrelevant to whether an actor has any reason to fear for their life if they star in a movie mocking Muhammad.

But nice try at shifting blame to the Jews.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #124 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 10:12pm

freediver wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 7:15pm:
You are missing the point Gandalf. If Hollywood refrains from mocking Jews because it is unpopular, that is entirely irrelevant to whether an actor has any reason to fear for their life if they star in a movie mocking Muhammad.

And I already told you they don't have any rational reason to fear for their life - no more so than if a jew-mocking movie was ever made (we can't know for sure because such a film hasn't been done since nazi times, and probably never will).

They would however have a very rational reason to fear for their career, and that goes for both Muhammad mockers and jew mockers.

So your attempts to portray avoidance of Muhammad mocking films as only based on a fear of violence doesn't just misses the point, it reinvents it entirely.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #125 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 12:23pm

Quote:
And I already told you they don't have any rational reason to fear for their life - no more so than if a jew-mocking movie was ever made (we can't know for sure because such a film hasn't been done since nazi times, and probably never will).

Are you saying they wouldn't have a rational reason to fear for their life, or they would, but that is OK because of all the head hacking Jews?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #126 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 12:32pm

freediver wrote on Jun 18th, 2019 at 12:23pm:
Are you saying they wouldn't have a rational reason to fear for their life

Only about 5 times FD.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #127 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 12:40pm

So you are also saying an actor starring in a movie that mocks Jews would have no rational reason to fear for their life?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #128 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 12:53pm

Yes FD.

I'm not sure why you are confused by that. Its not like I wasn't very clear on that:

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 10:12pm:
And I already told you they don't have any rational reason to fear for their life - no more so than if a jew-mocking movie was ever made

Quote:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #129 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 1:00pm

He's evading, FD. Ask him again.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #130 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 7:02pm

Would an actor who starred in a movie mocking Muhammad be able to travel to any Muslim-majority nation without having a rational reason to fear for their life?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #131 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 7:59pm

I think they would be fine in Indonesia or Malaysia FD - probably not Afghanistan.

But do continue shifting the goalposts.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #132 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 9:41pm

Not the goalposts Gandalf. Just getting a measure of your delusion. Would you put Turkey in with Indonesia and Malaysia?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #133 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 6:27am

freediver wrote on Jun 18th, 2019 at 7:02pm:
Would an actor who starred in a movie mocking Muhammad be able to travel to any Muslim-majority nation without having a rational reason to fear for their life?

Let's really get him, FD.

Gandalf, would an actor who starred in a movie smearing stool on Muhammad be able to travel to any ISIS-run town without having a rational reason to fear for their life?

You tell us that, G.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #134 - Jun 19th, 2019 at 2:04pm

freediver wrote on Jun 18th, 2019 at 9:41pm:
Would you put Turkey in with Indonesia and Malaysia?

I honestly don't know FD. What is your point by the way? Notice how we've seamlessly diverted away from your original point about Australian muslim-mocking movie makers being unsafe per se - to now their endangerment being conditional upon which country they visit? Some might describe that as shifting the goalposts.

Do you think someone who made a 'The Eternal Jew' remake would be safe doing a tour of a west bank settlement?

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19
Send Topic Print