Islam vs freedom
May 21st, 2019 at 12:23pm

Annie opened a can of worms that has Aussie and Mothra tapdancing for her:

freediver wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 3:50pm:
Annie Anthrax wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 3:16pm:
freediver wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 9:48am:
Annie Anthrax wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 8:16am:
freediver wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 9:45pm:
I am not asking you whether you would bother. I am asking you whether you have lost your freedom.

Do I need to explain why that is relevant?

I have not lost my freedom. I understand what you're saying. Islam is an oppressive, mysoginistic religion in the way it is practiced by the majority of Muslims, particularly in countries governed by Shariah law.

But it still has zero impact on my freedom. Your preemptively fighting against an imagined threat.

You have a good understanding of science and the impacts of climate change, which will have an undeniably bigger impact on our way of living. The years that you've put into demonising muslims would've been better spent there.

No, you do not understand what I am saying and you are evading the question.

Are you free to star in a movie that makes fun of Muhammad?

Yes of course I am. As an Australian, I'm free to do what I like within the boundary of Australian laws.

Would you have any reason to fear assassination if you did?

freediver wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 9:45pm:
Aussie wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 8:18pm:
freediver wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 6:28pm:
Aussie wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 6:18pm:
freediver wrote on May 19th, 2019 at 6:06pm:
Mothra or Aussie, would either of you like to have a go at answering the question?

No.  I have dealt with this before in one other of your Muslim bash Threads.

I only recall you evading. And now you seem to think Annie needs you to evade on her behalf.

Would you have any reason to fear assassination if you starred in a movie that makes fun of Muhammad?

I have answered that directly before.  Just goes to show that you don't read the answers you don't like. 

At least I answer questions put to me by anyone.  You don't.

So answer it Aussie. Would you have any reason to fear assassination if you starred in a movie that makes fun of Muhammad?

And what makes you think Annie needs you to evade on her behalf?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Islam vs freedom
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2019 at 3:56pm

Why didn't you quote mothra FD? You mentioned mothra tapdancing, but didn't think to quote her? I would have been far more interested in that quote rather than you and Aussie inanely bickering "I explained it", "no you didn't!"

Come to think of it, the first quote doesn't say anything useful either - just a statement of the bleeding obvious.

FD, why is it that whenever you don't get the answer you want you go and start another thread whinging about how you didn't get the answer you wanted?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - May 21st, 2019 at 9:48pm

You can follow the links yourself to see what Mothra posted. It was similar to Aussie, except she realised a bit earlier she was on to a loser.

I missed the bit where I got an answer I don't like. What was their answer to this question: Would you have any reason to fear assassination if you starred in a movie that makes fun of Muhammad?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2019 at 2:05pm

So in that 'How will you vote' thread, where the quotes come from, Mothra doesn't say anything in relation to what Annie said about Islam. So what exactly do you mean by 'tapdancing'?

FD did you really vote Fraser Anning's party number 2 on your senate ticket?

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 22nd, 2019 at 4:41pm

Yes, FD, I'm curious too. Did you really vote for Fraser Anning so that he can ban G and Abu?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #5 - May 22nd, 2019 at 5:54pm

Mattyfisk wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 4:41pm:
Yes, FD, I'm curious too. Did you really vote for Fraser Anning so that he can ban G and Abu?

no on K, FD opposes Anning's proposed attacks on freedom, he just feels compelled to support his freedom to speak out against freedom... cause you know... freedom

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - May 22nd, 2019 at 7:24pm

polite_gandalf wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 2:05pm:
So in that 'How will you vote' thread, where the quotes come from, Mothra doesn't say anything in relation to what Annie said about Islam. So what exactly do you mean by 'tapdancing'?

FD did you really vote Fraser Anning's party number 2 on your senate ticket?

Mothra responded directly to Aussie, as well as to my discussion with Annie. What is your pint, BTW?

Fraser was a bit further down my list in the end. I think in 2016 my vote ended up with him (via Rob Culleton).

Do you think people would have any reason to fear assassination if they starred in a movie that makes fun of Muhammad? Why do you think people are afraid to answer this one?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 22nd, 2019 at 9:25pm

polite_gandalf wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 5:54pm:

no on K, FD opposes Anning's proposed attacks on freedom, he just feels compelled to support his freedom to speak out against freedom... cause you know... freedom

Now now, G, we'll let FD exercise his freedom to answer that. He has more freedom than you Muselmen, you know.

FD, did you vote for Fraser Anning to ban the Muselman?

Try to be brave, FD. Mother will wait.

Here's your chance to provide an answer.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #8 - May 23rd, 2019 at 2:42pm

freediver wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 7:24pm:
Mothra responded directly to Aussie, as well as to my discussion with Annie. What is your pint, BTW?

Mothra mocked you for splitting all the off-topic posts except the ones about Islam. She said nothing whatsoever about what Annie said.

My point is, you are just creating yet another useless thread for the sole purpose of being petty and spiteful. And you misrepresent the people you are attacking in the process. The usual story.

freediver wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 7:24pm:
Do you think people would have any reason to fear assassination if they starred in a movie that makes fun of Muhammad?

Not in Australia.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - May 24th, 2019 at 5:32am

Mothra's first post in that thread appears to be about my discussion with Annie. Though it is hard to say for sure with the tapdancing.

You are lying when you claim I split all off-topic posts except ones about Islam.

You are also lying when you claim Mothra said nothing at all about what Annie said. This even fails the logic test. You also claim she made a reference to the discussion about Islam, but the discussion about Islam was the discussion I was having with Annie.

Who am I misrepresenting?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 24th, 2019 at 8:43am

Mattyfisk wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 9:25pm:

Now now, G, we'll let FD exercise his freedom to answer that. He has more freedom than you Muselmen, you know.

FD? You missed this one.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #11 - May 24th, 2019 at 9:45am

freediver wrote on May 24th, 2019 at 5:32am:
Mothra's first post in that thread appears to be about my discussion with Annie. Though it is hard to say for sure with the tapdancing.

Mothra's first post was to say hi to Annie and note she is a sight for sore eyes. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

You are lying when you claim I split all off-topic posts except ones about Islam.

whoa settle down FD. Not everything's about me lying.

I didn't claim it, I simply stated what mothra said. Don't shoot the messenger.

Who am I misrepresenting?

Mothra, clearly, and now me .  Smiley

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #12 - May 25th, 2019 at 8:31am

How did I misrepresent Mothra?

Do you think Australia is special in that we could get away with making a movie that mocks Muhammad?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 25th, 2019 at 9:24am

Mattyfisk wrote on May 24th, 2019 at 8:43am:
Mattyfisk wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 9:25pm:

FD? You missed this one.

FD? You still haven't said.

Not trying to evade, are you?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #14 - May 28th, 2019 at 1:41pm

freediver wrote on May 25th, 2019 at 8:31am:
How did I misrepresent Mothra?

You just did it FD - when you said mothra's first post in that thread "appears to be about my discussion with Annie". Her first post was literally

Quote:
Oh Annie, are you ever a sight for sore eyes,

So good to see you.

Before that you said she was tapdancing, which you haven't even explained what it means - and you need to explain it considering the 4 posts she made in that thread were not related in the least to what Annie said about freedom.

It seems the worst thing either of them did was to ignore your question about fearing assassination for making a Muhammad movie.

freediver wrote on May 25th, 2019 at 8:31am:
Do you think Australia is special in that we could get away with making a movie that mocks Muhammad?

Why don't you give it a go FD, and report back the results.

Did you ever get any 'results' from posting the Charlie Hebdo cartoons? I remember you hinting at the time you thought you were putting yourself in mortal danger, but nevertheless felt duty bound to do it...

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 19
Send Topic Print