Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
We don't share the same values, as the moslem (Read 6349 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: We don't share the same values, as the moslem
Reply #75 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 10:15pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 26th, 2019 at 7:19pm:
Frank wrote on May 26th, 2019 at 11:40am:
Islam is the oldest continuing, self-proclaimed enemy of the West. It's also numerically the largest.
It's  aims are radical and uncompromising. It is at war with non muslims and will not stop until total Submission.

I'm sure that will be a surprise to Washington thinkers, Soren.  Afterall, their de jure nation of hatred is China at the moment and guess what?  It has an unbroken record of over 3,000 years of hating outsiders.  Funny that, hey?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Chinese  culture is as old as Western civilisation and was not created in response, let alone as repudiation, of the West.
Islam is pure rancour and revolt and antagonism against the Jews first and then Christianity.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #76 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 7:59am

The Chinese were about 2000 years behind for most of the history of human civilisation.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #77 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 10:42am

Frank wrote on Jun 11th, 2019 at 10:15pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 26th, 2019 at 7:19pm:
Frank wrote on May 26th, 2019 at 11:40am:
Islam is the oldest continuing, self-proclaimed enemy of the West. It's also numerically the largest.
It's  aims are radical and uncompromising. It is at war with non muslims and will not stop until total Submission.

I'm sure that will be a surprise to Washington thinkers, Soren.  Afterall, their de jure nation of hatred is China at the moment and guess what?  It has an unbroken record of over 3,000 years of hating outsiders.  Funny that, hey?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Chinese  culture is as old as Western civilisation and was not created in response, let alone as repudiation, of the West.
Islam is pure rancour and revolt and antagonism against the Jews first and then Christianity.

China however is separate to the Western ideals of "civilisation", now isn't it, Soren?

It has been antagonistic to the Western attempt to force Western ideals on it for most of it's history.   Could it, they like being separate?   Nah, that can't be the reason, now can it?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #78 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 10:44am

freediver wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 7:59am:
The Chinese were about 2000 years behind for most of the history of human civilisation.

I think you mean in front, FD.  Until about 1700, China led the world.  From about 1700 till about 1970, China lagged but after 1960 it rapidly caught up and is now leading the world again.   Cool

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #79 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 1:13pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 10:44am:

I think you mean in front, FD.  Until about 1700, China led the world.  From about 1700 till about 1970, China lagged but after 1960 it rapidly caught up and is now leading the world again.   Cool

No I meant behind. It was only in front for a few centuries up to 1700, while Islam still had a strangelhold on the west. But those few centuries are not "most of the history of human civilisation". During that period, their development only matched what had happened in the west over a millennia earlier under the Romans. It is only through interaction with the west that they are catching up. Most Chinese still live in relative poverty compared to westerners and a lot of Asians. I realise you are desperate to criticise everything about western civilisation you can think of, but the facts are getting in the way of your little fantasty.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #80 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 1:27pm

freediver wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 1:13pm:

No I meant behind. It was only in front for a few centuries up to 1700, while Islam still had a strangelhold on the west. But those few centuries are not "most of the history of human civilisation". During that period, their development only matched what had happened in the west over a millennia earlier under the Romans. It is only through interaction with the west that they are catching up. Most Chinese still live in relative poverty compared to westerners and a lot of Asians. I realise you are desperate to criticise everything about western civilisation you can think of, but the facts are getting in the way of your little fantasty.

This would explain then how they invented gun powder, cannon, rockets, clocks, superior agricultural practices, superior hydraulic engineering and ship building then, FD?   Really?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #81 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 4:41pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 1:27pm:

This would explain then how they invented gun powder, cannon, rockets, clocks, superior agricultural practices, superior hydraulic engineering and ship building then, FD?   Really?   Roll Eyes

You cannot see the wood for the trees Brian.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 6:01pm

I realise you are desperate to criticise everything about western civilisation you can think of...

Ah.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #83 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 10:54pm

freediver wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 4:41pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 1:27pm:

You cannot see the wood for the trees Brian.

You refuse to see what the Chinese actually achieved, FD.  They led the world until about 1700.   Since 1970 they have been catching up and are now leading the world again.  Economically, soon they are the world's largest economy.   You don't get to be that without some abilities to organise and utilise technology.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #84 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 3:41am

Quote:
Economically, soon they are the world's largest economy.

If the country split in two, would they suddenly be further behind?

The east is basically China in this plot:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1404336014

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #85 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 9:33am

You're making a major error there, FD.  You're attempting to claim "social development" is the same as "Technological development" or "Economic Development".  It isn't.   Run along and get back to us with apples to compare to our apples.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #86 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 9:48am

Quote:
You're attempting to claim "social development" is the same as "Technological development" or "Economic Development".  It isn't.

That's exactly what is plotted - technological and economic development. Information technology for example was one of the metrics.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #87 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 10:12am

Moslems: Blood related to Asians, with a Religion that relates to Africa (Jews are the reverse).

No wonder they can't cut the mustard here and why lots of Moslem youth are in Psyche Wards.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #88 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 11:41am

freediver wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 9:48am:
Quote:
You're attempting to claim "social development" is the same as "Technological development" or "Economic Development".  It isn't.

That's exactly what is plotted - technological and economic development. Information technology for example was one of the metrics.

Morris's work has been criticized by the Canadian historical sociologist Ricardo Duchesne for offering a diffuse definition of the West which Morris envisions encompassing not only Europe but all civilizations descending from the Fertile Crescent, including Islam, as well as a propensity to level out fundamental differences between the development of the West and the rest, which disregards the singular role of Europe in shaping the modern world. Morris replied, saying that "despite his review’s length, rather little of it takes on my book’s central thesis", and defending his focus on China. The notion that the Middle East and Europe are in the same system was introduced by David Wilkinson in 1987.

It appears you are mistaken in what you claim Morris says, FD.  Care to try again?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #89 - Jun 13th, 2019 at 12:14pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 13th, 2019 at 10:12am:

Moslems......

No wonder they can't cut the mustard here and why lots of Moslem youth are in Psyche Wards.

If lots of moslem youth are in Psyche Wards,       that consequence, is because moslem youth are f@&^%ed in the head.
....courtesy of the influence of ISLAM, upon their psyche.

Choices = = consequences.   ....always.

"Ye [moslems] are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah. If only the People of the Book had faith, it were best for them: among them are some who have faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors."
Koran 3.110

"Let those fight in the cause of Allah Who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fighteth in the cause of Allah,- whether he is slain or gets victory - Soon shall We give him a reward of great (value).
And why should ye not fight in the cause of Allah and [for] those who, being weak, are ill-treated (and oppressed)?- Men, women, and children, whose cry is: "Our Lord! Rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from thee one who will protect; and raise for us from thee one who will help!"
Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah, and those who reject Faith Fight in the cause of Evil: So fight ye against the friends of Satan: feeble indeed is the cunning of Satan."
Koran 4.74-76

"Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain:...."
Koran 9.111

"O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble.....
Some people before you did ask such questions, and on that account lost their faith."
Koran 5.101, 102

"We sent not a messenger, but to be obeyed..........they ['believers'] can have no (real) Faith, until they make thee judge in all disputes between them, and find in their souls no resistance against Thy decisions, but accept them with the fullest conviction."
Koran 4.64, 65

"O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the messenger [i.e. the clerics], and make not vain your deeds!"
Koran 47:33

Yadda said....
Quote:

We ourselves, are the 'gatekeepers' of our hearts.

We choose which spirits we allow [invite] into our hearts.

And nobody [and no spirit] can compel us, to join with them.

And no spirit can compel us to do what is evil.

Nobody compels us, to choose the evil.

When we choose the evil, we ourselves choose it.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print